Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,757 members, 7,824,174 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 02:52 AM

How Often Do You Restart Your Blackberry? - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / How Often Do You Restart Your Blackberry? (7931 Views)

How To Restart Your Android Phone In Safe Mode To Troubleshoot Problems / How To Reformatt (flash) Your Blackberry Os / Restart Your Mate's Phone Using Your Bluetooth (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Often Do You Restart Your Blackberry? by yhemini: 7:13am On Oct 30, 2012
Hi all Good morning, I have wondered what the problem is with my BB.

Initially when I was using my 1st bb (bold 2) I used to think it's because of the low RAM or maybe because I had so much apps on it.

Now very recently, I changed it and I got a Curve4 although slightly better, I still notice that I must restart at least ones in 2days.

Nokia will never give you this type of problem.. My E71 can last a month without me seeing the battery or restarting it. So I want to know why BB have this problem and I want to know how often people restart their BBs. Thanks
Re: How Often Do You Restart Your Blackberry? by dopeJemi: 7:29am On Oct 30, 2012
Tot it waz only me dat had d probLem oh, I restart mah bb once or twice a day

N its fuuuucking annoying angry

Sometimes I feeL its d number of applications I open dah causes d probLem

2 Likes

Re: How Often Do You Restart Your Blackberry? by yhemini: 7:36am On Oct 30, 2012
@dopejemi I'm telling you bro, it's really annoying and I don't think it's number of apps because I have lesser apps on my current phone and I still restart like everyday!!
Re: How Often Do You Restart Your Blackberry? by dopeJemi: 8:12am On Oct 30, 2012
Den maybe its just hau d bb z programmed 2 be
Re: How Often Do You Restart Your Blackberry? by ULSHERLAN(m): 8:13am On Oct 30, 2012
I still think its either the RAM is small or excess apps/games or etc..I rarely restart mine unless I delete somethings and it wants to restart itself and it also rarely hangs
Re: How Often Do You Restart Your Blackberry? by 4llerbuntu(m): 8:14am On Oct 30, 2012
noooo

there is nothing wrong with that naw. pls endure it.

afterall BB is the bestest phones in nigeria, just think about all that free cheap compressed data u use.

shebi its just to pull the battery and watch it boot for about 3-5 minutes? thats a small thing naw.

shey its still once a day or two? wait till it becomes once per hour

6 Likes

Re: How Often Do You Restart Your Blackberry? by ULSHERLAN(m): 8:58am On Oct 30, 2012
4llerbuntu: noooo

there is nothing wrong with that naw. pls endure it.

afterall BB is the bestest phones in nigeria, just think about all that free cheap compressed data u use.

shebi its just to pull the battery and watch it boot for about 3-5 minutes? thats a small thing naw.

shey its still once a day or two? wait till it becomes once per hour
Don't tell me this is what you came to post in this thread..you sure can do better...

1 Like

Re: How Often Do You Restart Your Blackberry? by sheyma: 9:03am On Oct 30, 2012
yhemini: Hi all Good morning, I have wondered what the problem is with my BB. Initially when I was using my 1st bb (bold 2) I used to think it's because of the low RAM or maybe because I had so much apps on it. Now very recently, I changed it and I got a Curve4 although slightly better, I still notice that I must restart at least ones in 2days. Nokia will never give you this type of problem.. My E71 can last a month without me seeing the battery or restarting it. So I want to know why BB have this problem and I want to know how often people restart their BBs. Thanks
When u knw nokia wont give dat kind of problem y did u go for a bb,y ranting here dat nokia wont give u dat kind of problem. Mr man go find somtin better to post.
Re: How Often Do You Restart Your Blackberry? by Tos87(m): 10:03am On Oct 30, 2012
Thought Ї was ALONE grin grin grin grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: How Often Do You Restart Your Blackberry? by eikeem(m): 10:06am On Oct 30, 2012
I rarely restart my BB, but I think I'm just lucky. Considering the fact that I hardly leave the phone idle for 10 minutes, I should be restarting it every hour!
Re: How Often Do You Restart Your Blackberry? by Nasri100(m): 10:08am On Oct 30, 2012
WHo cares?
Re: How Often Do You Restart Your Blackberry? by Nasri100(m): 10:09am On Oct 30, 2012
DIDNT YOU READ OR STUDY ABOUT HARD RESET ON BLACKBERRY slowpoke?
Re: How Often Do You Restart Your Blackberry? by Iykebestbt(m): 10:09am On Oct 30, 2012
[color=#990000][/color] my bb rarely gives me dis kind of problem...but it all boils down to d number of apps u installed in it
Re: How Often Do You Restart Your Blackberry? by ihebrooke(m): 10:10am On Oct 30, 2012
I rarely restart mine too. I can't recall the last time I did that.
Re: How Often Do You Restart Your Blackberry? by 4llerbuntu(m): 10:10am On Oct 30, 2012
ULSHERLAN:
Don't tell me this is what you came to post in this thread..you sure can do better...

what do u mean?

are u here to beef and bash Bb?

what's the big deal in restarting a phone once a day? what's d big deal in a phone booting for ever?

why not mention the bbm u enjoying? or the great bb browser, absolutely world class with great data savings?

all u need is 1.4k a month, u can be poor and still use a Bb!!!

Bb rules. JOOR OH!!!!

1 Like

Re: How Often Do You Restart Your Blackberry? by ipromise: 10:10am On Oct 30, 2012
ℓ̊ restart mine only when ℓ̊ deleted some apps...so ℓ̊ always choose when to restart ïŧ A̶̲̥̅̊₪d̶̲̥̅̊ Ω̶̣̣̥̇̊​oτ̣̣̥​ †ђξ bb itself..
Re: How Often Do You Restart Your Blackberry? by 4llerbuntu(m): 10:12am On Oct 30, 2012
Tos87: Thought Ї was ALONE grin grin grin grin grin grin

*mj voice** uuuu are not allooooone!!!!

enjoy ya bb joor. the best smartphone for poor countries
Re: How Often Do You Restart Your Blackberry? by Okijajuju1(m): 10:14am On Oct 30, 2012
My 9900 is the worst investment I ever made in a phone... angry

The darn thing will just stay and decide to stop ringing.. As in the volume is at its loudest and all but no sound.. Not even music.. So I have to da a battery pull restart..

Useless piece of junk..

@ Topic.. once in two days..

2 Likes

Re: How Often Do You Restart Your Blackberry? by ihebrooke(m): 10:14am On Oct 30, 2012
Nasri100: DIDNT YOU READ OR STUDY ABOUT HARD RESET ON BLACKBERRY slowpoke?

Can't you make a statement without insulting somebody?
When did it become a crime to ask a question?

Nigerians and our I too know!

1 Like

Re: How Often Do You Restart Your Blackberry? by Nobody: 10:16am On Oct 30, 2012
I restart my 9860 like once a week but honestly I can't wait for the bb 10 devices †☺ be released next year. Next year, blackberry will finally become a phone to use with some peace of mind.
Re: How Often Do You Restart Your Blackberry? by Nobody: 10:16am On Oct 30, 2012
yhemini:

Nokia will never give you this type of problem.. My E71 can last a month without me seeing the battery or restarting it.
Then stick to you Nokia!
Re: How Often Do You Restart Your Blackberry? by Nasri100(m): 10:18am On Oct 30, 2012
ihebrooke:

Can't you make a statement without insulting somebody?
When did it become a crime to ask a question?

Nigerians and our I too know!

asking dumb questions makes me sick!!
Re: How Often Do You Restart Your Blackberry? by Nasri100(m): 10:19am On Oct 30, 2012
binger: Then stick to you Nokia!

dont mind them jare
Re: How Often Do You Restart Your Blackberry? by DonaldGenes(m): 10:19am On Oct 30, 2012
ULSHERLAN: I still think its either the RAM is small or excess apps/games or etc..I rarely restart mine unless I delete somethings and it wants to restart itself and it also rarely hangs
seems like me and your are on the same page,albeit,mine use to reboot itself if am to delete some apps or so
maybe there is something underhanded about it especially for those who are having such lil snag! Maybe i think they should upgrade there Operating system
Re: How Often Do You Restart Your Blackberry? by ULSHERLAN(m): 10:19am On Oct 30, 2012
4llerbuntu:

what do u mean?

are u here to beef and bash Bb?

what's the big deal in restarting a phone once a day? what's d big deal in a phone booting for ever?

why not mention the bbm u enjoying? or the great bb browser, absolutely world class with great data savings?

all u need is 1.4k a month, u can be poor and still use a Bb!!!

Bb rules. JOOR OH!!!!
MR, please before you post make sure you read what you want to judge,I am using a bb so what are you talking about
Re: How Often Do You Restart Your Blackberry? by vislabraye(m): 10:23am On Oct 30, 2012
That's the question RIM should answer. Compared to Android which is superb.
I experience it almost all the time. I did it just last night. I also experience low RAM.
Re: How Often Do You Restart Your Blackberry? by bonysmile: 10:26am On Oct 30, 2012
I use storm2 (9550). I restart 2,3 or 4 times a day. So annoying. No one forced me 2 use bb so by december, it's bye-bye 2 BADBerry.
Re: How Often Do You Restart Your Blackberry? by ULSHERLAN(m): 10:27am On Oct 30, 2012
Donalð Genes:
seems like me and your are on the same page,albeit,mine use to reboot itself if am to delete some apps or so
maybe there is something underhanded about it especially for those who are having such lil snag! Maybe i think they should upgrade there Operating system
Even if they upgrade the OS and the RAM is small it makes matters worst..maybe they should downgrade to a reduced memory OS
Re: How Often Do You Restart Your Blackberry? by Nasri100(m): 10:31am On Oct 30, 2012
TIPS : ALT key plus LGLG then clear..boom

1 Like

Re: How Often Do You Restart Your Blackberry? by skexy(f): 10:33am On Oct 30, 2012
Nasri100:

asking dumb questions makes me sick!!
As if you have never asked a DUMB QUESTION in your entire life.................mtscheeeeeeeeeeeeew
Re: How Often Do You Restart Your Blackberry? by Nobody: 10:35am On Oct 30, 2012
I'm not really a big fan of Bb but I had to get it because of business contacts who keep asking 'are you on Bb?' The present one is the second I'm using and I pull out the Battery at least twice a day.
Yeah! I noticed Bb's can't handle more than 3 Apps at the same time.

So fellow Bb users Add me up and let's meet. wink
Re: How Often Do You Restart Your Blackberry? by Nobody: 10:38am On Oct 30, 2012
I only restart whenever I'm about to use my spare battery!
Learn the habit of closing any app that u are thru with,
Sometimes, get back to the home page to get to another app, excessive use of the shortcut BB button makes it hang.
Delete any application u don't use, as long as u have it under ur username in appworld, u can always redownload it.

*hint: to reboot ur fone without removing the battery, press alt + RightShift + del....
Hold them all together, and u've got a reboot!

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Latest OS 9900 V7.1.0.2061 / 7.1.0.714 (multilanguage) / Who Saw This Just Now On Nairaland FP / Nairalanders, Which Good Phone Can I Buy With 30k To 35k

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.