Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,006 members, 7,838,525 topics. Date: Friday, 24 May 2024 at 02:19 AM

How Often Do You Restart Your Blackberry? - Phones (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / How Often Do You Restart Your Blackberry? (7941 Views)

How To Restart Your Android Phone In Safe Mode To Troubleshoot Problems / How To Reformatt (flash) Your Blackberry Os / Restart Your Mate's Phone Using Your Bluetooth (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Often Do You Restart Your Blackberry? by leboss6(m): 11:36am On Oct 30, 2012
hammedkola:

So, what is the fate of Curve 8520 and Curve 8530?
the 8520 and 8530 are just manageable......but far better than storm 2.....I don't even believe people still buy that thing.....worst BB ever
Re: How Often Do You Restart Your Blackberry? by OkwaIfugo(m): 11:36am On Oct 30, 2012
mine is just 3 times a day. though bolb 2 doesn't hang much but bb has to do something about the reset stuff. its killing and wastes time.
Re: How Often Do You Restart Your Blackberry? by colonel20: 11:44am On Oct 30, 2012
Sometimes 3times a day, other times once in 2 days. But, at least, 7times a week angry angry
Re: How Often Do You Restart Your Blackberry? by DrMuzungu(m): 11:46am On Oct 30, 2012
I will be able to answer this once (if ever) I get BB. For now, SONY is the best for me.

1 Like

Re: How Often Do You Restart Your Blackberry? by leboss6(m): 11:47am On Oct 30, 2012
The only time I restart is when I install or delete an app.....asides that no reason to restart
Re: How Often Do You Restart Your Blackberry? by Francheezy(m): 11:48am On Oct 30, 2012
leboss6: dude don't count yourself amongs BB users ooo........I used storm 2 about three years ago and I can authoritatively tell u that Na WOOD dey ur hand so...... Na Bold 2 blackberry start from......throwaway that Pkako and get a real BB
Guy ah swear, u funny d!E
Re: How Often Do You Restart Your Blackberry? by Francheezy(m): 11:49am On Oct 30, 2012
Dr Muzungu: I will be able to answer this once (if ever) I get BB. For now, SONY is the best for me.
S0ny aLL d waY, my guy
Re: How Often Do You Restart Your Blackberry? by Ayomax(m): 11:52am On Oct 30, 2012
Dr Muzungu: I will be able to answer this once (if ever) I get BB. For now, SONY is the best for me.
nice to knw I have a SONY user like myself. xperia is da bomb!!!!!!!! grin
nice to knw I have a SONY user like myself. xperia is da bomb!!!!!!!!
Re: How Often Do You Restart Your Blackberry? by sheyma: 11:55am On Oct 30, 2012
bigx: Blackberry is a useless phone, I always said that before I got mine and I'm still saying it now I use 2, if not that I use the brand mainly for emails (the best email system on any mobile I've used before) and web browsing (no need for all those apn and rubbish setting you go through with nokia before you can browse) nothing would make me touch a blackberry, even with a 10 foot long pole.

Guy if its usless dnt y still usin it,nokia has email client too so ur excuse for still using d bb is nt valid.
Re: How Often Do You Restart Your Blackberry? by colonel20: 11:56am On Oct 30, 2012
dopeJemi: Wahz dis RAM u guyz r tawking abt sef

Izit Relative Atomic Mass undecided
grin grin
Random Access Memory>> enables yu to do different things on ur phone at the same time. The bigger, the better. >512MB is ideal.
Re: How Often Do You Restart Your Blackberry? by Tundeiab(m): 11:58am On Oct 30, 2012
Okija_juju: My 9900 is the worst investment I ever made in a phone... angry

The darn thing will just stay and decide to stop ringing.. As in the volume is at its loudest and all but no sound.. Not even music.. So I have to da a battery pull restart..

Useless piece of junk..

@ Topic.. once in two days..
I use BB9900 (Bold 5) white. Some of u say u use BB, but not coming out clean that u got a 5th hand phone. Nigerians should try and go for new. Phone and not over used phones.
Re: How Often Do You Restart Your Blackberry? by colonel20: 11:59am On Oct 30, 2012
gboss4sure: Blackberry is like A Computer, you must be restarting it frequently if not it will continue hanging and hanging. SO when you restart it the OS and Memory refreshes and it starts working normal again
But its not the only compute-like phone. Why d exceptional need to restart??. Btw, i run my system for more than 24hrs without the need to restart.
Re: How Often Do You Restart Your Blackberry? by sheyma: 11:59am On Oct 30, 2012
dos peolpe sayn bb is useless nd r still using it r as useless as dere reasons for sayn bb is usless.gbam

1 Like

Re: How Often Do You Restart Your Blackberry? by bigx(m): 12:03pm On Oct 30, 2012
sheyma:

Guy if its usless dnt y still usin it,nokia has email client too so ur excuse for still using d bb is nt valid.

Read my comments properly before commenting, "guy"
Re: How Often Do You Restart Your Blackberry? by dopeJemi: 12:04pm On Oct 30, 2012
colonel20: grin grin
Random Access Memory>> enables yu to do different things on ur phone at the same time. The bigger, the better. >512MB is ideal.

Fank u mah broda cheesy
Re: How Often Do You Restart Your Blackberry? by mycoldsweat: 12:13pm On Oct 30, 2012
skexy:
As if you have never asked a DUMB QUESTION in your entire life.................mtscheeeeeeeeeeeeew
is there anything like DUMB question in the 1st place,I think i was thought that no matter how DUMB a question sounds to others, answer to it is still useful the to be person asking it.
Re: How Often Do You Restart Your Blackberry? by wizard01(m): 12:56pm On Oct 30, 2012
Poster where did you buy your refoblished BB that you have to restart by the minute? Except I install or uninstall an app, I don't restart mine.
Re: How Often Do You Restart Your Blackberry? by SirJonse(m): 1:04pm On Oct 30, 2012
The amount of apps u install and d mails u keep on ur fone takes memory, thereby making d fone to always hang. Endeavour to delete mails from ur fone and install less memory consuming apps.
N/B: u still hv to reboot ur fone atleast every 4/5days in order to free d memory d mails u deleted consumed. After u hv done that check ur storage and know if am wrong or right.
Re: How Often Do You Restart Your Blackberry? by achinu(m): 1:13pm On Oct 30, 2012
There are couple of factors that cause your BB to become slow requiring you to reboot your device. #1 reason can be attributed to not properly exiting or closing out apps completely when done using them. Hitting the end button on BB does not close out apps, all that does is takes you back to the home-screen but the apps continue to run in the background using up resources(RAM,Battery) which can eventually lead to your BB become super slow & needing a reboot.

Tips on minimizing freezing, hour-glass, slow responsiveness & unnecessary reboots on your BB
1)When done using apps, press the BB menu button & select CLOSE, QUIT OR EXIT to properly exit an app.
2)You can use the back button i.e the curved arrow to exit certain apps but I prefer pressing the menu button & selecting close, exit or quit.
3)There are 5 Core apps that will always run/ stay open on your BB no matter what and that's okay (Message,BBM,Browser,Home,Phone) If you hold down your BB menu button for a few secs, a bunch of icons will appear & these typically are all the open apps running in the BB background can lead to slow responsiveness when using your BB
4)There's an app called QuickPull in the BlackBerry AppWorld, the app simulates a BB reboot without you pulling the battery, I personally have it scheduled to do a daily reboot of my BB in the early morning before I wake up to help my BB run smoothly during the day. Same concept as rebooting your computer, hope these tips help

2 Likes

Re: How Often Do You Restart Your Blackberry? by sheyma: 1:15pm On Oct 30, 2012
bigx:

Read my comments properly before commenting, "guy"
Bro i read it,thank God u said best for browsing den its been disqualified from being usless,no vex o bt am sure u use ur bb more dan ur second fone grin
Re: How Often Do You Restart Your Blackberry? by caukerzee(m): 1:19pm On Oct 30, 2012
4llerbuntu: noooo

there is nothing wrong with that naw. pls endure it.

afterall BB is the bestest phones in nigeria, just think about all that free cheap compressed data u use.
Best phone 'economically' in nigeria. Otherwise andriod and iOS rules by miles. Its obvious you wanted to start up a popularity contest here. It wount work mate.
Re: How Often Do You Restart Your Blackberry? by caukerzee(m): 1:26pm On Oct 30, 2012
Brand_new:
That's my first Bb and trust me it was a bad experience.
Storm is the worst Bb phone you can ever use.
Better you get an Android instead.
meaning?? BBs are generally better than driod fones but a storm is worse than a driod phone?? Thats a joke right??!
Re: How Often Do You Restart Your Blackberry? by caukerzee(m): 1:28pm On Oct 30, 2012
MrFreeman: dats why it is called a smart fone.. it wud alwaz do abnormal tin... lolz grin cheesy
i phones are smart phones too. They dont restart, same with driod devices. So whats your point?
Re: How Often Do You Restart Your Blackberry? by caukerzee(m): 1:30pm On Oct 30, 2012
persistenc: No Long thing i restart 3 times a day,get urself extra batteries u'll be feeling fly all the time wink wink cheesy
get a driod or iOS device and never worry about restarting your device...smiley wink
Re: How Often Do You Restart Your Blackberry? by caukerzee(m): 1:32pm On Oct 30, 2012
Joe Batters: I don't hv such issues wit my bb.
I think d problem shld be the number of apps which r running(open) @ d same time.
Try closing d apps wen exiting it this can help to conserve power in d battery.
Also if u hv a small RAM try n reduce d number of apps on ur phone.
use a driod device and never worry about the number of apps open. smiley
Re: How Often Do You Restart Your Blackberry? by caukerzee(m): 1:38pm On Oct 30, 2012
[quote author=bigx]

I explained why I'm using them. I'm a business person, my business is majorly IT so I depend on emails and browsing a lot, if blackberry wasn't delivering exceptionally in these 2 fields which are pivotal to me, nothing would make me near the brand.
[\quote] if a bb is exceptional for browsing, then a driod device is certainly out of this world. You should try one mate. smiley
Re: How Often Do You Restart Your Blackberry? by caukerzee(m): 1:41pm On Oct 30, 2012
gboss4sure: Blackberry is like A Computer, you must be restarting it frequently if not it will continue hanging and hanging. SO when you restart it the OS and Memory refreshes and it starts working normal again
if black berry is like a pc, the a driod or iOS is a super computer. Just like man and super man the kryptonite.
Re: How Often Do You Restart Your Blackberry? by caukerzee(m): 1:42pm On Oct 30, 2012
cyril83: I dnt knw
ask andriod and iOS mate. smiley
Re: How Often Do You Restart Your Blackberry? by Vincent41(m): 1:45pm On Oct 30, 2012
yhemini: Hi all Good morning, I have wondered what the problem is with my BB.

Initially when I was using my 1st bb (bold 2) I used to think it's because of the low RAM or maybe because I had so much apps on it.

Now very recently, I changed it and I got a Curve4 although slightly better, I still notice that I must restart at least ones in 2days.

Nokia will never give you this type of problem.. My E71 can last a month without me seeing the battery or restarting it. So I want to know why BB have this problem and I want to know how often people restart their BBs. Thanks

BB na nonsense fone...nokia is de best cos we am now using BIS for my nokia fone..........nokia is de best joorr......BB retarts like 10 times a day........
Re: How Often Do You Restart Your Blackberry? by caukerzee(m): 1:46pm On Oct 30, 2012
megxo: lyk seriously>>>>> grin we plenty sef
join the andriod family and forget about compensating yourself with the number of people expiriencing the 'compulse-ry' phone restart smiley
Re: How Often Do You Restart Your Blackberry? by caukerzee(m): 1:47pm On Oct 30, 2012
megxo: well for easy restart/reset, hold alt+rightshift+del>>>>>>>>>>n dat'll do de magic witout removin d battery
join the iOS family and forget the meaning of restarting. smiley
Re: How Often Do You Restart Your Blackberry? by caukerzee(m): 1:51pm On Oct 30, 2012
Horayce: I had tha problem with my curve 2 and storm 2. I now use a bold torch and I've never restarted it once.

Nb: I have only about 70 active contacts on my bbm and very limited apps. So that may be a factor too.
but we all know your heart trembles and beats 900bps in fear of the day it will start. Get an i phone mate and avoid the heart attack waiting to happen mate. smiley

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Discover How To Get MTN Free Credit/airtime Daily / How To Send Free Unlimited SMS Using Freebasics On Airtel / Why I Would Never Visit Tecno Carlcare Offices Anymore!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.