Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,313 members, 7,839,508 topics. Date: Friday, 24 May 2024 at 09:14 PM

How Often Do You Restart Your Blackberry? - Phones (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / How Often Do You Restart Your Blackberry? (7942 Views)

How To Restart Your Android Phone In Safe Mode To Troubleshoot Problems / How To Reformatt (flash) Your Blackberry Os / Restart Your Mate's Phone Using Your Bluetooth (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Often Do You Restart Your Blackberry? by Nobody: 10:38am On Oct 30, 2012
bonysmile: I use storm2 (9550). I restart 2,3 or 4 times a day. So annoying. No one forced me 2 use bb so by december, it's bye-bye 2 BADBerry.
That's my first Bb and trust me it was a bad experience.
Storm is the worst Bb phone you can ever use.
Better you get an Android instead.
Re: How Often Do You Restart Your Blackberry? by kunletade(m): 10:39am On Oct 30, 2012
I use bb and I have never restart my phone...
Re: How Often Do You Restart Your Blackberry? by Maximus85(m): 10:41am On Oct 30, 2012
I restart my BB like 2wice a day.
Re: How Often Do You Restart Your Blackberry? by bigx(m): 10:41am On Oct 30, 2012
Blackberry is a useless phone, I always said that before I got mine and I'm still saying it now I use 2, if not that I use the brand mainly for emails (the best email system on any mobile I've used before) and web browsing (no need for all those apn and rubbish setting you go through with nokia before you can browse) nothing would make me touch a blackberry, even with a 10 foot long pole.
Re: How Often Do You Restart Your Blackberry? by MrFreeman(m): 10:42am On Oct 30, 2012
dats why it is called a smart fone.. it wud alwaz do abnormal tin... lolz grin cheesy
Re: How Often Do You Restart Your Blackberry? by persistenc(m): 10:42am On Oct 30, 2012
No Long thing i restart 3 times a day,get urself extra batteries u'll be feeling fly all the time wink wink cheesy
Re: How Often Do You Restart Your Blackberry? by leeport: 10:42am On Oct 30, 2012
Rubbish thread
Re: How Often Do You Restart Your Blackberry? by lacasa: 10:48am On Oct 30, 2012
Just download 'Restart me' app from appworld, ​ so​ ηo need to remove d Battery anymore
Re: How Often Do You Restart Your Blackberry? by vislabraye(m): 10:52am On Oct 30, 2012
bigx: Blackberry is a useless phone, I always said that before I got mine and I'm still saying it now I use 2, if not that I use the brand mainly for emails (the best email system on any mobile I've used before) and web browsing (no need for all those apn and rubbish setting you go through with nokia before you can browse) nothing would make me touch a blackberry, even with a 10 foot long pole.

You sound like you're joking. How lovely to make use of what you don't like and having two for that matter.
Re: How Often Do You Restart Your Blackberry? by JoeBatters: 10:57am On Oct 30, 2012
I don't hv such issues wit my bb.
I think d problem shld be the number of apps which r running(open) @ d same time.
Try closing d apps wen exiting it this can help to conserve power in d battery.
Also if u hv a small RAM try n reduce d number of apps on ur phone.
Re: How Often Do You Restart Your Blackberry? by bigx(m): 10:58am On Oct 30, 2012
vislabraye:

You sound like you're joking. How lovely to make use of what you don't like and having two for that matter.

I explained why I'm using them. I'm a business person, my business is majorly IT so I depend on emails and browsing a lot, if blackberry wasn't delivering exceptionally in these 2 fields which are pivotal to me, nothing would make me near the brand.
When I was younger and had time for games and apps I was a symbian freak, right now I have only the factory installed games on my phones and I haven't even opened them, I don't take pictures and apart from mp3's of church services, I don't have the time to keep up with music,

So right now, the useless phone serves me perfectly.
Re: How Often Do You Restart Your Blackberry? by dopeJemi: 11:00am On Oct 30, 2012
Wahz dis RAM u guyz r tawking abt sef

Izit Relative Atomic Mass undecided
Re: How Often Do You Restart Your Blackberry? by Nobody: 11:04am On Oct 30, 2012
Blackberry is like A Computer, you must be restarting it frequently if not it will continue hanging and hanging. SO when you restart it the OS and Memory refreshes and it starts working normal again
Re: How Often Do You Restart Your Blackberry? by cyril83(m): 11:04am On Oct 30, 2012
I dnt knw
Re: How Often Do You Restart Your Blackberry? by Nasri100(m): 11:06am On Oct 30, 2012
skexy:
As if you have never asked a DUMB QUESTION in your entire life.................mtscheeeeeeeeeeeeew

wait how do you enjoy nairaland when everybody is saying the good/right thing?
Re: How Often Do You Restart Your Blackberry? by dopeJemi: 11:07am On Oct 30, 2012
bigx:

I explained why I'm using them. I'm a business person, my business is majorly IT so I depend on emails and browsing a lot, if blackberry wasn't delivering exceptionally in these 2 fields which are pivotal to me, nothing would make me near the brand.
When I was younger and had time for games and apps I was a symbian freak, right now I have only the factory installed games on my phones and I haven't even opened them, I don't take pictures and apart from mp3's of church services, I don't have the time to keep up with music,

So right now, the useless phone serves me perfectly.

Mr man

Define useLess

N give me 2 exampLes of things dat r useLess

If d fone serves u dose important stuffs u mentioned den its not useless

Kapish?
Re: How Often Do You Restart Your Blackberry? by megxo(m): 11:09am On Oct 30, 2012
Tos87: Thought Ї was ALONE grin grin grin grin grin grin
lyk seriously>>>>> grin we plenty sef
Re: How Often Do You Restart Your Blackberry? by megxo(m): 11:10am On Oct 30, 2012
well for easy restart/reset, hold alt+rightshift+del>>>>>>>>>>n dat'll do de magic witout removin d battery
Re: How Often Do You Restart Your Blackberry? by 4llerbuntu(m): 11:10am On Oct 30, 2012
gboss4sure: Blackberry is like A Computer, you must be restarting it frequently if not it will continue hanging and hanging. SO when you restart it the OS and Memory refreshes and it starts working normal again

u don't say!!

really its like a PC? I never knew.
but my PC does not hang. does your own hang?

1 Like

Re: How Often Do You Restart Your Blackberry? by bigx(m): 11:13am On Oct 30, 2012
dopeJemi:

Mr man

Define useLess

N give me 2 exampLes of things dat r useLess

If d fone serves u dose important stuffs u mentioned den its not useless

Kapish?

English teacher. Thank you. I no get time to argue.
Re: How Often Do You Restart Your Blackberry? by tonym1(m): 11:14am On Oct 30, 2012
EVERY WEEK AND I USE A 9800 BOLD cheesy
Re: How Often Do You Restart Your Blackberry? by megxo(m): 11:14am On Oct 30, 2012
d edge BB has ova dis oda phones is d "cheap" data plan>>>>if only nokia wud jst steal from research in motion wink
Re: How Often Do You Restart Your Blackberry? by dopeJemi: 11:16am On Oct 30, 2012
bigx:

English teacher. Thank you. I no get time to argue.

Dem write "I get time 2 argue" 4 mah forehead

U were contradicting urself n I waz only trynna point it out 4 u
Re: How Often Do You Restart Your Blackberry? by Nobody: 11:16am On Oct 30, 2012
I had tha problem with my curve 2 and storm 2. I now use a bold torch and I've never restarted it once.

Nb: I have only about 70 active contacts on my bbm and very limited apps. So that may be a factor too.
Re: How Often Do You Restart Your Blackberry? by Patdedon(m): 11:20am On Oct 30, 2012
I restart my bold 9700 @least once a day. Before updating from os5 that came with the phone to os6 it didn't need restarting on a daily basis. I found out that most unofficial os release (those downloaded from other sites other than on rim's website) have memory leak problem. You will observe your device memory (not memory card) moving up from 52% usage to 100%, then the phone starts hanging. Solution is; if u must do an upgrade use the official firmware from blackberry.com, it's free.
Re: How Often Do You Restart Your Blackberry? by slimmoney(m): 11:21am On Oct 30, 2012
Ma bold 5 is alwayz onpoint can't remember d last time I removed my b3

1 Like

Re: How Often Do You Restart Your Blackberry? by sexiestharam(f): 11:22am On Oct 30, 2012
I restart my bb at least 4 times a day!!! The phone fit kill person out of frustration. I once was about to throw d phone away angrily, but on second thoughts, I changed my mind cos na me buy d phone with my money so I go use am till I get money to buy I-phone. BB is over-rated! angry
Re: How Often Do You Restart Your Blackberry? by Patdedon(m): 11:23am On Oct 30, 2012
You can also free memory on your bb by clearing ur data log by holding alt then press lglg. This brings outyour phone log, then from options select clear log. Hope it helps someone.
Re: How Often Do You Restart Your Blackberry? by leboss6(m): 11:26am On Oct 30, 2012
bonysmile: I use storm2 (9550). I restart 2,3 or 4 times a day. So annoying. No one forced me 2 use bb so by december, it's bye-bye 2 BADBerry.
dude don't count yourself amongs BB users ooo........I used storm 2 about three years ago and I can authoritatively tell u that Na WOOD dey ur hand so...... Na Bold 2 blackberry start from......throwaway that Pkako and get a real BB

1 Like

Re: How Often Do You Restart Your Blackberry? by hammedkola(m): 11:27am On Oct 30, 2012
Just get an Android...
Re: How Often Do You Restart Your Blackberry? by hammedkola(m): 11:30am On Oct 30, 2012
leboss6: dude don't count yourself amongs BB users ooo........I used storm 3 about three years ago and I can authoritatively tell u that Na WOOD dey ur hand so...... Na Bold 2 blackberry start from......throwaway that Pkako and get a real BB

So, what is the fate of Curve 8520 and Curve 8530?
Re: How Often Do You Restart Your Blackberry? by dopeJemi: 11:30am On Oct 30, 2012
sexiestharam: I restart my bb at least 4 times a day!!! The phone fit kill person out of frustration. I once was about to throw d phone away angrily, but on second thoughts, I changed my mind cos na me buy d phone with my money so I go use am till I get money to buy I-phone. BB is over-rated! angry

Gimme yo pin mk we relate more abt d topic wink

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Latest OS 9900 V7.1.0.2061 / 7.1.0.714 (multilanguage) / How To Send Free Unlimited SMS Using Freebasics On Airtel / If You Didn't Use Or Know This Device, You're An Indomitable Generation

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.