Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,226 members, 7,818,770 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 01:46 AM

Jonathan Accused Of Annexing Rivers Oil Wells To Bayelsa - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Jonathan Accused Of Annexing Rivers Oil Wells To Bayelsa (6791 Views)

GEJ Gave Away Rivers Oil Wells Because I Supported Buhari A Muslim - Ameachi / President Jonathan Accused Of Owning A $500m Farm In Abuja - The Nation / Government Returns Oil Wells To Cross River (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Jonathan Accused Of Annexing Rivers Oil Wells To Bayelsa by bigx(m): 9:59pm On Oct 30, 2012
The people of the oil producing communities of Kalabari Kingdom in Rivers State yesterday in Abuja accused President Goodluck Jonathan and
the National Boundary Commission of planning to annex a portion of their land with oil fields in Rivers State to Bayelsa State.

A chieftain of the group, Chief Anabs Sara- Igbe, said with over 300,000 barrels of oil being produced from the communities, they would resist the
plan.

In a petition signed by the Amanyanabo of Kalabari, Prof. J. T. J. Princewill and read by the chairman of Akulga Traditional Council in Akuku-Toru
Local Government Area of Rivers State, Chief Emmanuel Awoyesuau-Jack, the community listed the oil fields to include those in Robert Kiri, Ekulama
and San-Barth.

According to him, at the centre of the dispute are accruals from the oil and gas revenue emanating from communities, especially those from the Soku,
Robert Kiri, Ekulama and Santa Barbara Oil Fields, which he said by constitution and historically are domiciled in Kalabari Territory in Rivers
State.

Former Minister of Aviation and leader of Kalabari, Alabo Tonye Graham-Douglas said the group was fighting a just cause.

http://allafrica.com/stories/201210300883.html

1 Like

Re: Jonathan Accused Of Annexing Rivers Oil Wells To Bayelsa by Nigeria4rm60s: 7:10am On Oct 31, 2012
"The people of Kalabari I know would not let this to hold our shoes are too big" As a Kalabari son I would rather use this opportunity to ask for two things 1. The unity of all Kalabari sons and daughters 2. A sovering state to interconect our riverive communities to promote Sociocultural and economic development. I wonder were are you guys I am sure we have a new generation of intellectuals just like my self. Why don't I ever see you guys active with our sate I believe we should come together in one voice and see why we are being distant from our selves we should come together in unity to produce a governor in 2015 once we archive unity we would get back River state do not forget about the struggle of Issac Adakar Boro and our past and present heroes Kalabari is a great Clan we are fading away in the lime light of the nation and the Political scene of the state I would please ask for the Kalabari National Forum to call for a kalabari "Youths" sons and daugthers meeting so we could see what is hindering the progress of our people and the future of our children above all our uniity would help our commuity develop I AM YOUNG, VIBRANT AND I WISH TO SEE MORE OF MY MATES COME OUT SO WE CAN HELP OUR COMMUNITY KALABARI SONS AND DAUGTHERS WE KNOW WE ARE GREAT LET US COME TOGETHER USE THIS MEDIA AND WE COULD CONNECT................

1 Like

Re: Jonathan Accused Of Annexing Rivers Oil Wells To Bayelsa by Standing5(m): 7:36am On Oct 31, 2012
These are all pointers to to the fact that a divided Nigeria does not gauranty the peace and progress we all crave as Nigerians. Even if the kalabaris have all the oil to themselves, it does not guaranty their progress.

1 Like

Re: Jonathan Accused Of Annexing Rivers Oil Wells To Bayelsa by Nobody: 7:41am On Oct 31, 2012
Bullshit..all bullshit
Re: Jonathan Accused Of Annexing Rivers Oil Wells To Bayelsa by Nobody: 7:43am On Oct 31, 2012
Nigeria4rm60s: "The people of Kalabari I know would not let this to hold our shoes are too big" As a Kalabari son I would rather use this opportunity to ask for two things 1. The unity of all Kalabari sons and daughters 2. A sovering state to interconect our riverive communities to promote Sociocultural and economic development. I wonder were are you guys I am sure we have a new generation of intellectuals just like my self. Why don't I ever see you guys active with our sate I believe we should come together in one voice and see why we are being distant from our selves we should come together in unity to produce a governor in 2015 once we archive unity we would get back River state do not forget about the struggle of Issac Adakar Boro and our past and present heroes Kalabari is a great Clan we are fading away in the lime light of the nation and the Political scene of the state I would please ask for the Kalabari National Forum to call for a kalabari "Youths" sons and daugthers meeting so we could see what is hindering the progress of our people and the future of our children above all our uniity would help our commuity develop I AM YOUNG, VIBRANT AND I WISH TO SEE MORE OF MY MATES COME OUT SO WE CAN HELP OUR COMMUNITY KALABARI SONS AND DAUGTHERS WE KNOW WE ARE GREAT LET US COME TOGETHER USE THIS MEDIA AND WE COULD CONNECT................

E bakam.
Re: Jonathan Accused Of Annexing Rivers Oil Wells To Bayelsa by White007(m): 7:46am On Oct 31, 2012
Na wao! If this s true, why would Gej wanna do this? I thought Bayelsa as a State has oil.
Re: Jonathan Accused Of Annexing Rivers Oil Wells To Bayelsa by femmy2010(m): 7:49am On Oct 31, 2012
Standing5: These are all pointers to to the fact that a divided Nigeria does not gauranty the peace and progress we all crave as Nigerians. Even if the kalabaris have all the oil to themselves, it does not guaranty their progress.

I can't but agree with your assertion.
Re: Jonathan Accused Of Annexing Rivers Oil Wells To Bayelsa by magiccheche: 7:50am On Oct 31, 2012
How true is this? You guys have started again
Re: Jonathan Accused Of Annexing Rivers Oil Wells To Bayelsa by NewsFlash101: 7:58am On Oct 31, 2012
a
Re: Jonathan Accused Of Annexing Rivers Oil Wells To Bayelsa by sylve11: 7:58am On Oct 31, 2012
White007: Na wao! If this s true, why would Gej wanna do this? I thought Bayelsa as a State has oil.

Not much compare to her neighbouring states- Delta state and Rivers state. cool[
Re: Jonathan Accused Of Annexing Rivers Oil Wells To Bayelsa by DeCleff(m): 7:59am On Oct 31, 2012
Nigeria4rm60s: "The people of Kalabari I know would not let this to hold our shoes are too big" As a Kalabari son I would rather use this opportunity to ask for two things 1. The unity of all Kalabari sons and daughters 2. A sovering state to interconect our riverive communities to promote Sociocultural and economic development. I wonder were are you guys I am sure we have a new generation of intellectuals just like my self. Why don't I ever see you guys active with our sate I believe we should come together in one voice and see why we are being distant from our selves we should come together in unity to produce a governor in 2015 once we archive unity we would get back River state do not forget about the struggle of Issac Adakar Boro and our past and present heroes Kalabari is a great Clan we are fading away in the lime light of the nation and the Political scene of the state I would please ask for the Kalabari National Forum to call for a kalabari "Youths" sons and daugthers meeting so we could see what is hindering the progress of our people and the future of our children above all our uniity would help our commuity develop I AM YOUNG, VIBRANT AND I WISH TO SEE MORE OF MY MATES COME OUT SO WE CAN HELP OUR COMMUNITY KALABARI SONS AND DAUGTHERS WE KNOW WE ARE GREAT LET US COME TOGETHER USE THIS MEDIA AND WE COULD CONNECT................
Guy am not in support of Jonathan's alleged annexing of Kalabari oil fields to Bavelsa state but my disagreement with is on the issue of power in the State. Since Rivers State was created, only the riverine communities has been ruling the state as governors except in 1999 when Odili broke the statusquo and became the first governor who's not from the riverine communities. And thats how the ikwerres got the seat of power, so u guys (kalabars) should forget power for and let other tribes like the Ogonis to produce the governor b4 u guys.
Re: Jonathan Accused Of Annexing Rivers Oil Wells To Bayelsa by Aphrygian(m): 8:05am On Oct 31, 2012
Watching in HD
Re: Jonathan Accused Of Annexing Rivers Oil Wells To Bayelsa by Remii(m): 8:09am On Oct 31, 2012
White007: Na wao! If this s true, why would Gej wanna do this? I thought Bayelsa as a State has oil.

This is similar to what IBB did to Kwara when in power he made Niger State most economically lucrative by transferring all natural resourses locations from Kwara to Niger state then further cut half of newly created Kogi from the same Kwara.

2 Likes

Re: Jonathan Accused Of Annexing Rivers Oil Wells To Bayelsa by Mrchippychappy(m): 8:33am On Oct 31, 2012
[size=15pt]This ALUU people no dey tire.[/size]
Re: Jonathan Accused Of Annexing Rivers Oil Wells To Bayelsa by ubong560(m): 8:36am On Oct 31, 2012
Dat's wen u knw who is on power and he exercise his power.
Re: Jonathan Accused Of Annexing Rivers Oil Wells To Bayelsa by samobe: 8:37am On Oct 31, 2012
Every body want the government to notice it community,very soon another group ll come wit another issue.God help us oo
Re: Jonathan Accused Of Annexing Rivers Oil Wells To Bayelsa by KINGwax(m): 8:39am On Oct 31, 2012
These people aint the same again ni. At least, na 'our oyel'
Re: Jonathan Accused Of Annexing Rivers Oil Wells To Bayelsa by Afam4eva(m): 8:41am On Oct 31, 2012
Standing5: These are all pointers to to the fact that a divided Nigeria does not gauranty the peace and progress we all crave as Nigerians. Even if the kalabaris have all the oil to themselves, it does not guaranty their progress.
I don't know when anybody ever said a divided Nigeria will guarantee automatic peace and progress. But one cannot deny that it will truncate some of the problems.

2 Likes

Re: Jonathan Accused Of Annexing Rivers Oil Wells To Bayelsa by Classicalman(m): 8:42am On Oct 31, 2012
DeCleff:
Guy am not in support of Jonathan's alleged annexing of Kalabari oil fields to Bavelsa state but my disagreement with is on the issue of power in the State. Since Rivers State was created, only the riverine communities has been ruling the state as governors except in 1999 when Odili broke the statusquo and became the first governor who's not from the riverine communities. And thats how the ikwerres got the seat of power, so u guys (kalabars) should forget power for and let other tribes like the Ogonis to produce the governor b4 u guys.
Don't mind them. They are asking for oil wells as if that will guarantee developement. I'm sure it is their leaders that will stil connive with the IOCs to rip people off.
Re: Jonathan Accused Of Annexing Rivers Oil Wells To Bayelsa by gregg2: 8:42am On Oct 31, 2012
Rubbish! Rubbish!! Rubbish!!!
Jonathan may not even be aware of what's going on there.
Re: Jonathan Accused Of Annexing Rivers Oil Wells To Bayelsa by touchmehard: 8:51am On Oct 31, 2012
gregg2: Rubbish! Rubbish!! Rubbish!!!
I dey tell you. As if Jonathan left his office and work in Abuja to dabble into oil and land dispute in Rivers-Bayelsa States. Just because GEJ is from Bayelsa State, that's why they are dragging his name into this.
Na wa for the Media sef
Re: Jonathan Accused Of Annexing Rivers Oil Wells To Bayelsa by chakula: 8:54am On Oct 31, 2012

thank God you are aware you should act on his behalf and get the problem solved.
Re: Jonathan Accused Of Annexing Rivers Oil Wells To Bayelsa by Remii(m): 8:57am On Oct 31, 2012

there is no way you do something of that manitude and the President will not know. Unless he is not the President, who signs C of O, no be Governors? So how do you adjust boundary of a state that will lead to tranfer of people and number of LGAs to another state and the President will not know especially when it affects his primary consistuency?

1 Like

Re: Jonathan Accused Of Annexing Rivers Oil Wells To Bayelsa by agitator: 9:09am On Oct 31, 2012
Remii:

there is no way you do something of that manitude and the President will not know. Unless he is not the President, who signs C of O, no be Governors? So how do you adjust boundary of a state that will lead to tranfer of people and number of LGAs to another state and the President will not know especially when it affects his primary consistuency?

Some people have experienced more of military rule, and this has impaired their judgement.
Do you think it is easy for the president to adjust boundary in a democracy? undecided

Sometimes people should reason like intellectuals. undecided
Re: Jonathan Accused Of Annexing Rivers Oil Wells To Bayelsa by Nobody: 9:11am On Oct 31, 2012
afam4eva:
I don't know when anybody ever said a divided Nigeria will guarantee automatic peace and progress.
Then U really havent been listening to people.

afam4eva:
But one cannot deny that it will truncate some of the problems.
...like?
Re: Jonathan Accused Of Annexing Rivers Oil Wells To Bayelsa by damola1: 9:27am On Oct 31, 2012
Chief Alabo Tonye Graham-Douglas (born 8 May 1939) was appointed Nigerian Minister of Youth, Sports and Culture in 1989, then Minister of Aviation in General Ibrahim Babangida's cabinet. In 1999 he was appointed Minister of Labour and Productivity, and in 2000 Minister of Tourism in the Olusegun Obasanjo cabinet, leaving office in January 2001. He remains a force in Rivers State politics.

4 time minister.

Born 8 May 1939 (age 73)
Akuku-Toru, Rivers State, Nigeria
Re: Jonathan Accused Of Annexing Rivers Oil Wells To Bayelsa by maasoap(m): 9:34am On Oct 31, 2012
sylve11:

Not much compare to her neighbouring states- Delta state and Rivers state. cool[
And the Bayelsa State population is not much compare to her neighbouring states. Why would they want much oil wells when they've only got just 8 local governments to cater for? Greed.
Re: Jonathan Accused Of Annexing Rivers Oil Wells To Bayelsa by PROUDIGBO(m): 9:38am On Oct 31, 2012
Remii:

This is similar to what IBB did to Kwara when in power he made Niger State most economically lucrative by transferring all natural resourses locations from Kwara to Niger state then further cut half of newly created Kogi from the same Kwara.

^^^And similar to what Nigeria/Gowon did to Ndigbo when they took oil bearing communities from the south east and joined up with Rivers state; in some cases dividing whole communities in two as in the case of Egbema.

IF the story is true, then i think it's a bit rich Rivers state protesting about it now the shoes on the other foot undecided....this is the same thing they condoned in the 60's when they benefited from the south easts loss.

Karma is an ugly bitc/h innit?.....what goes around, comes around to bite you hard in the butt!

2 Likes

Re: Jonathan Accused Of Annexing Rivers Oil Wells To Bayelsa by PROUDIGBO(m): 9:40am On Oct 31, 2012
Never support injustice, as the same measure (or more) may be visited on you in future.

2 Likes

Re: Jonathan Accused Of Annexing Rivers Oil Wells To Bayelsa by Nobody: 9:40am On Oct 31, 2012
The title of the thread says "Jonathan is accused of ", then the article states "Jonathan is planning to". I see insinuation written all over it. That being said, Rivers and Bayelsans are brothers, they should work together to resolve their common issues, they intermarry without our knowledge, they should not bug us with their oil wealth, ownership of oil wells does not guarantee development, if so, delta state would have been like Qatar.
Re: Jonathan Accused Of Annexing Rivers Oil Wells To Bayelsa by Naijapikin1: 10:57am On Oct 31, 2012
pheew!.. Memoirs of a concerned kabari son. Thank sir.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Nigeria’s Public Debt Grows By 12.25%, Hits N24.387tn / No Bomb Explosion At Izombe Market, Vehicle Was Set On Fire - Imo Police / BREAKING News-there Is Vacancy In Edo State Government House-tony Anenih.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.