Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,070 members, 7,818,192 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 09:57 AM

Suntai Ignored Hired Pilot’s Warning —report - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Suntai Ignored Hired Pilot’s Warning —report (12796 Views)

Suntai Leaves Govt. House; Packs Into House Bought For Him By His Deputy / Governor Danbaba Suntai Of Taraba State Crashes Private Jet / Breaking News SUNTAI DANBABA Gov Of Taraba State Is Dead! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Suntai Ignored Hired Pilot’s Warning —report by 234GT(m): 8:16am On Oct 31, 2012
Dog wey wan lost........ Fill in the gap.
Re: Suntai Ignored Hired Pilot’s Warning —report by vitality22(m): 8:35am On Oct 31, 2012
NnamdiN: What is this "first to comment thing about"? Niggy how old are you if I may ask
That thing is very annoying.
Don't mind that boy. He should be trekking to his secondary school now rather he is on the net talking of first to comment. Niggy, move now and start going to school quick! before i flog you.
Re: Suntai Ignored Hired Pilot’s Warning —report by sandee575(f): 8:43am On Oct 31, 2012
idupaul
The Journalist is right the Cessna 208 is jet powered .. Not every plane U see with propeller is piston driven, the Cessna 208 packs what is called a "turboprop" jet engine which is actually a powerful jet engine with added thrust coming from the propeller connected to rotating Jet compression turbineS..
Bless

Even if you carry text book enter exam hall, you will still fail. Propeller or jet engine distinction is a matter of mode of propulsion. Jet is propelled through the blast of the hot gases expelled through the rear and propeller is through the screwing action of the propeller blades through the air whether they are piston powered or turbine powered (turbo-prop).
Re: Suntai Ignored Hired Pilot’s Warning —report by Dreystar(f): 8:44am On Oct 31, 2012
I doubt if he was properly trained before obtaining the private pilot licence; if he was, he should have known that the hired pilot was right- at least they went through same training, abi? #justasking
Re: Suntai Ignored Hired Pilot’s Warning —report by blackmann(m): 8:44am On Oct 31, 2012
234GT: Dog wey wan lost........ Fill in the gap.

....Na fat bone wey go hook am for throat ihn wan find chop. Abi no be so?
Re: Suntai Ignored Hired Pilot’s Warning —report by DrMuzungu(m): 8:45am On Oct 31, 2012
Almost the entire government of Poland, president included, was killed in a similar accident near Russian town of Smolensk.

Google for SMOLENSK DISASTER
Re: Suntai Ignored Hired Pilot’s Warning —report by Jarus(m): 8:45am On Oct 31, 2012
Post deleted.

Comment based on failure to read full news.
Re: Suntai Ignored Hired Pilot’s Warning —report by Ariyke: 8:48am On Oct 31, 2012
Obedience is better than sacrifice they say
Re: Suntai Ignored Hired Pilot’s Warning —report by free2ryhme: 8:49am On Oct 31, 2012
pendusky: am sure that hired pilot is not a nigerian...

a prophet
Re: Suntai Ignored Hired Pilot’s Warning —report by free2ryhme: 8:50am On Oct 31, 2012
fly wey no wan hear word na im they follow dead body enter grave
Re: Suntai Ignored Hired Pilot’s Warning —report by ubong560(m): 8:52am On Oct 31, 2012
[quote author=Reference]

Yes, they just crash like that, anyhow and anywhere for no reason. [SUMTIN MUST KILL A MAN]
Re: Suntai Ignored Hired Pilot’s Warning —report by ubong560(m): 8:55am On Oct 31, 2012
Sumtin must kill a man. Meanwhile, his deputy is heavily praying against his survival. Lol
Re: Suntai Ignored Hired Pilot’s Warning —report by idupaul: 9:04am On Oct 31, 2012
sandee575:

Even if you carry text book enter exam hall, you will still fail. Propeller or jet engine distinction is a matter of mode of propulsion. Jet is propelled through the blast of the hot gases expelled through the rear and propeller is through the screwing action of the propeller blades through the air whether they are piston powered or turbine powered (turbo-prop).

U are a tortoise for even attempting to teach about Jet engines .. See as U carry ur illiteracy on a matter come dump for here .Okay let me school U. Off heart.

there are basically four types of jet engine

1. RAM or Pulse Jet engine.:: the type carried by most guided missiles

2. Turbo Fan ::: the type U see a commercial Airplanes like ur 737

3 . Turbo Prop ::: the type that powered that Cessna 208 utilizing both Jet thrust and extra "screw' thrust courtesy a propeller extending out from jet compressor rotation.

4:: TurboJet ...the ones that power high performance aircraft like fighter jets.

I hope U are now a bit more enlightened and I am sure U have always wondered how propellers are used on a super transporter like the Hercules C130 .. Son those a four giant TurboProp jet engines ... And Please never argue with me in the field of propulsion cos I live there .. Mumu

1 Like

Re: Suntai Ignored Hired Pilot’s Warning —report by touchmehard: 9:05am On Oct 31, 2012
All this gossip reports self, did the news reporters hear from the so-called hired pilot? As long as his name was not mentioned in this news, I don't believe it. This might just be a cooked-up gossip just to blame the governor
Re: Suntai Ignored Hired Pilot’s Warning —report by sushieater: 9:28am On Oct 31, 2012
val_dubem: Moral Lesson: Never ignore warnings from people that knows best.

But wait oo! I finally made it (first to comment)
Yeah, and also first to GBAGAUN
Re: Suntai Ignored Hired Pilot’s Warning —report by dirifred(m): 9:30am On Oct 31, 2012
Royal Roy: In as much as he ignored professional warning which is not too good, I want to say here that I still admire his courage and gut, to get himself a pilot license....after all its like buying a car and not knowing how to drive. You will forever be at the mercy of your driver!!!!
It should cross your mind also that the rate at which our governor and other elites are buying private jet,is a clear indication that effort to upgrade our aviation industry to international standards is not in view. the cost of flight in Nigeria too high, the quality of service is too low. if our elite use our commercial flights, even if they fly first-class they will at least speak to the power brokers for improvement of that industry.if we have cheaper and safer flight, we the industry will boom,and we will save millions of man-hours for better use
Re: Suntai Ignored Hired Pilot’s Warning —report by zonax(m): 9:33am On Oct 31, 2012
Chai!!! Now see what googgle has caused. Peeps who has never been to the airport not to talk of flying a plane (even if na for dream) are here on nairaland lecturing and dissing about planes, engines and 'proup'.
The world is really coming to an end. Chai.
Re: Suntai Ignored Hired Pilot’s Warning —report by Nobody: 9:35am On Oct 31, 2012
pendusky: am sure that hired pilot is not a nigerian...
. I can Bet my last bowl of Garri on that.
Re: Suntai Ignored Hired Pilot’s Warning —report by lukkie(m): 9:37am On Oct 31, 2012
F00L! I'm happy he survived so he can appreciate his idiocy.
Re: Suntai Ignored Hired Pilot’s Warning —report by idupaul: 9:45am On Oct 31, 2012
zonax: Chai!!! Now see what googgle has caused. Peeps who has never been to the airport not to talk of flying a plane (even if na for dream) are here on nairaland lecturing and dissing about planes, engines and 'proup'.

So person must be a pilot to know basic science ... Another Mumu again ... SMH

1 Like

Re: Suntai Ignored Hired Pilot’s Warning —report by Asiwaju9ja(m): 10:24am On Oct 31, 2012
Suicide Mission! Allahu Akbhar
Re: Suntai Ignored Hired Pilot’s Warning —report by timbros(m): 10:27am On Oct 31, 2012
na wao
Re: Suntai Ignored Hired Pilot’s Warning —report by Baawaa(m): 11:09am On Oct 31, 2012
If they landed safely,Suntai will be an expert,but now the expert is an expert shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked
Re: Suntai Ignored Hired Pilot’s Warning —report by akpanbaba: 11:15am On Oct 31, 2012
So the zombies(ADC,PAs )did not hear the warnings.I cant understand why nigerians sense of reasoning is always beclouded by the amount of money they are expecting from a trip or project
Re: Suntai Ignored Hired Pilot’s Warning —report by Olisa74(m): 11:18am On Oct 31, 2012
We pilots are taught that there are OLD pilots, and there are BOLD pilots, but there are NO OLD BOLD pilots.

1 Like

Re: Suntai Ignored Hired Pilot’s Warning —report by maclatunji: 11:35am On Oct 31, 2012
Some people just have self-desructive tendencies.
Re: Suntai Ignored Hired Pilot’s Warning —report by maclatunji: 11:37am On Oct 31, 2012
zonax: Chai!!! Now see what googgle has caused. Peeps who has never been to the airport not to talk of flying a plane (even if na for dream) are here on nairaland lecturing and dissing about planes, engines and 'proup'.

LOL
Re: Suntai Ignored Hired Pilot’s Warning —report by JOYJACOB: 12:15pm On Oct 31, 2012
[quote author=Royal Roy]In as much as he ignored professional warning which is not too good, I want to say here that I still admire his courage [b]and [/b]gut,

Pls, i dnt fink there's anything courageous in doing d wrong thing, so wat r u admiring? his disobedience dt nearly cost his life?
Re: Suntai Ignored Hired Pilot’s Warning —report by stacomaster(m): 12:27pm On Oct 31, 2012
Dats a lesson To Learn Frm!
Re: Suntai Ignored Hired Pilot’s Warning —report by Hardfact: 1:06pm On Oct 31, 2012
Gov ignore pilot's warning/advice?
No more. Now I'm sure that gov. Suntai will be warning his pilot never to ignore advicing him against flying.
Re: Suntai Ignored Hired Pilot’s Warning —report by manny4life(m): 1:31pm On Oct 31, 2012
sandee575: That newspaper report was trash, our journalists wish to thrive on sensationalism
even when they grossly misinform their gullible readers.
1. The airplane was a single engined propeller(not jet)Cessna 208 equipped to fly on instruments.
2. Yola airport was limited to daytime operations due unserviceability of the runway lights.
3. The crash was not as a consequence of landing at Yola airport, it occured somewhere remote from it.

Dude, I have a problem with that first part. Just because an airplane has basic instrument (you know the basic), doesn't mean it's certified for IFR flights. I think that's the point that was made, so please don't confuse yourself.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Oil Barons ‘Threaten Okonjo-Iweala’s Life’ / Listen To Trending Atiku Presidential Campaign Song #atikulation (video) / Wow This Video Of Onitsha Anambra State Will Surprise You.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.