Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,738 members, 7,817,033 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 12:04 AM

If Hurricane Sandy Were To Happen In Nigeria - Nairaland / General (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / If Hurricane Sandy Were To Happen In Nigeria (7297 Views)

SHOCKING PHOTO: This Can Only Happen In Nigeria / Can This Happen In Lagos? / Hurricane Katrina (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: If Hurricane Sandy Were To Happen In Nigeria by acidtalk: 10:45am On Nov 01, 2012
Yomieluv: How I wish an hurricane can sweep me,and my family to Yankee. I go like am men!

Sure it can.
Only that you will arive there Stone Cold DEAD!!!
That's if ofcourse the sharks don't disect you before the Sea guards retrieve your body to bury early enough.

Be careful of what you wish for.
Re: If Hurricane Sandy Were To Happen In Nigeria by Darey00(m): 10:47am On Nov 01, 2012
Okija_juju: NNA SEE PLAGERISM!!! shocked shocked shocked shocked

I need to start copyright protecting my shiit!!

Na so I see one of my Nairaland posts on Tontoh Dike song as person DP!! Repackaged and even signed!! angry
oga wetin be ur problem na?? I saw dis on facebook,and don't tell me u never did such before
stacomaster: Pls Darey Whats Hurricane Sandy??
a gusty wind affecting the US Eastern Coast. 80 people have been confirmed dead
Re: If Hurricane Sandy Were To Happen In Nigeria by Nobody: 10:49am On Nov 01, 2012
Ariyke: Or Hurricane kunletiwoo gringrin
Nah! Hurricane Ariyke smiley
Re: If Hurricane Sandy Were To Happen In Nigeria by Okijajuju1(m): 10:53am On Nov 01, 2012
Darey_00:
a gusty wind affecting the US Eastern Coast. 80 people have been confirmed dead

Nwokem, as an aspiring Comedian, my shiit is sacred.. If you must plagerise it, atleast reference me in it!!
Re: If Hurricane Sandy Were To Happen In Nigeria by salam001(m): 10:54am On Nov 01, 2012
I was already enjoying,Not knowing that it was stolen,,,but what happened to copyrights,?copyright is dead in Nigeria,MAY THE SOUL OF COPYRIGHT REST IN PERFECT PEACE,ISE
Re: If Hurricane Sandy Were To Happen In Nigeria by Nobody: 10:58am On Nov 01, 2012
Churches will make more money cos they will associate everything to demons from your village
Re: If Hurricane Sandy Were To Happen In Nigeria by Nobody: 11:17am On Nov 01, 2012
Okija_juju:

Nwokem, obu mua de this joke na Nairaland!! Even Afam has quoted the original.. Na wah o!!

Opara Nnam, i saw this post by you on the hurricane sandy's thread.
Umuaka these days will not think!
He couldn't even refer the original author.
Ihere megbuo ya!
Re: If Hurricane Sandy Were To Happen In Nigeria by newacca: 11:21am On Nov 01, 2012
ahhhhhhhh. omo no take bad thing play oooo grin grin grin Hurricane ke?
Re: If Hurricane Sandy Were To Happen In Nigeria by dejiswaggs(m): 11:26am On Nov 01, 2012
Omo Na to write ebook on how to prevent hurricane Chioma for Wiping away your whole family!
Re: If Hurricane Sandy Were To Happen In Nigeria by Nobody: 11:27am On Nov 01, 2012
@Darey 00..

Shame on you for plagiarising another mans work..

na so una go carry am go night of a thousand laugh,people go de applaud una without knowing the source of the materials

IRE DAKPUKWAA GI AFO.
OTORO ENWERE NWANNE GBARIE GI.
IBI DAKWAA GI.
Re: If Hurricane Sandy Were To Happen In Nigeria by acidtalk: 11:29am On Nov 01, 2012
Okija_juju:

Nwokem, as an aspiring Comedian, my shiit is sacred.. If you must plagerise it, atleast reference me in it!!

I feel your pain.
When I started the "Gaaarri" thingy on nairaland not too long those boys hijacked it and bastardized the usage instantly I had to abandone it.

One just have to be creative always because sticking to your old jokes will make you look like the copy cat..

Had a friend in school who bought a car then by cracking 95% of my jokes. 2 months when he didn't have access to my apartment, he sold his car as he wasn't getting shows again.
Re: If Hurricane Sandy Were To Happen In Nigeria by cheddarking(m): 11:32am On Nov 01, 2012
Damn...
See how this dude just shymmexed Okijajuju
Re: If Hurricane Sandy Were To Happen In Nigeria by acidtalk: 11:34am On Nov 01, 2012
Okija_juju:

WHAT ABOUT US STARTING A STANDUP /BLAZING MIC THREAD ON NAIRALAND??

Strictly for Comical members and with NATURAL/FRESH jokes and stories.

Let me know you take on it. Been too serious on nairaland of late and want to ease out with some crazy jokes I have in me.
Re: If Hurricane Sandy Were To Happen In Nigeria by Nobody: 11:38am On Nov 01, 2012
acidtalk:

I feel your pain.
When I started the "Gaaarri" thingy on nairaland not too long those boys hijacked it and bastardized the usage instantly I had to abandone it.

One just have to be creative always because sticking to your old jokes will make you look like the copy cat..

Had a friend in school who bought a car then by cracking 95% of my jokes. 2 months when he didn't have access to my apartment, he sold his car as he wasn't getting shows again.

I thought it was some dude named bbpreye or ppbreye who started it.
Good to know you are the garriki man who started the garrium campaign on NL.
kudos,You are one hell of a pain in seun shagarris butt.
Re: If Hurricane Sandy Were To Happen In Nigeria by vilively: 11:43am On Nov 01, 2012
stacomaster: Pls Darey Whats Hurricane Sandy??

Do u use a BB
Re: If Hurricane Sandy Were To Happen In Nigeria by acidtalk: 11:44am On Nov 01, 2012
gbosaa:

I thought it was some dude named bbpreye or ppbreye who started it.
Good to know you are the garriki man who started the garrium campaign on NL.
kudos,You are one hell of a pain in seun shagarris butt.

HELL NO!

Himself and ebemma started misusing it at every silly post. I have confronted them of making a mess out of it but being an online/open forum, you can't restrict people using words and jokes.

Trust me, if they had mentained the manner I used it, Seun wouldn't have been irritated because I always used it in a mature and sarcastic way. But now, it sounds so irritating.

That's why you find me using the "story line" and "*laugh wan make me*" format now by the time people start copying, I will switch over.
Re: If Hurricane Sandy Were To Happen In Nigeria by Godogwu: 11:47am On Nov 01, 2012
acidtalk: After I saw this thread, I put a call through to the President to find out his plans to curtail such in Nigeria.

Acidtalk - Your Excellency sir, Goddday.

Jonathan - Yes, What can I do for you?

Acidtalk - Just called to greet you your Excellency.

Jonathan - Don't greet me Acidtalk. I see your comments about me and my government so don't act like you like me.

Acidtalk - Sir, I am only stating the obvious truth.

Jonathan - Now what can I do for you?

Acidtalk - What steps are you taking to avoid an occurence of Hurricane Sandy in Nigeria?

Jonathan - Well, as you can see, it will have no effect on us.

Acidtalk - Who are the us?

Jonathan - Me, Babangida, AbdulSalam, Obasanjo, Danjuma and others.

Acidtalk - What do you mean sir?

Jonathan - We all reside on Hilltop. 50-120feet above ground level so no way the water can get to us in our hilltops.

Acidtalk - What of the common man sir?

Jonathan - What else will they expect us to do than to setup relief and rehabilitation camps. Tell Aki and Pawpaw, Genevieve, Don Jazzy, Tiwa Savage, Dr Sid, Obesere, Pasuman, Daddy Showkey and others to visit them. We will also send few bags of rice, salt, cartons of indomie and soap to them.

Acidtalk - And?

Jonathan - And what? Of course in no time they will forget their predicament especially when we tell them we have Setup several committees to look at the causes of the hurricane. We will setup committess to go to Heaven to find out why it happend, Committee to go to hell to do its own findings, Committee to discover how much profit we can make in the reconstruction and others.

Acidtalk - Is that all sir?

Jonathan - What else do you want to hear? Okay I and the 36 state governors will relocate our offices for that period to the Bahamas.

Acidtalk - Hmmm!!!!

Jonathan - Hmmm your head. Una never start.

RUBBISH!

1 Like

Re: If Hurricane Sandy Were To Happen In Nigeria by vilively: 11:50am On Nov 01, 2012
We don't need a Hurricane to knw the incompetence of our GOV
If we hve been conscious of the Floods in Nigeria Recently..then we would knw the extent to which -in many years to come- our Gov nd the country at Large won't be able to hndle such...
We r is still on it...watch as the US will deal with their Hurricane Aftermath..and we(nigerians)still wandering what will hapn to the Flood Victims.

Some ppl are even Up to Date of the Hurricane Sandy..than they are of the Floods that happend some weeks ago in their own country...and someone is talkin about 'if it were to happen'...It hs happend already.
Re: If Hurricane Sandy Were To Happen In Nigeria by masotemi: 11:59am On Nov 01, 2012
PeeDaVinci: every pastor in the churches will preach about signs of end times ,and cite the hurricane as an example

Is it not the one of the many signs of the end time! It shows that God would byepass technology and make nonsense of it to fulfil His words......
PeeDaVinci: every pastor in the churches will preach about signs of end times ,and cite the hurricane as an example

Is it not the one of the many signs of the end time! It shows that God would byepass technology and make nonsense of it to fulfil His words......

Re: If Hurricane Sandy Were To Happen In Nigeria by acidtalk: 12:05pm On Nov 01, 2012
Godogwu:

RUBBISH!

And you had to copy this whole write-up just to right this?

Your own don Finish.
Re: If Hurricane Sandy Were To Happen In Nigeria by ogayor: 12:08pm On Nov 01, 2012
you can't witness hurricane sandy in NAIJA.
probably you may see
Hurricane Bilikisu
Hurricane Chinedu
Hurricane Yahaya
Hurricane AIG-Imolhkuede
Hurricane Sanusi Lamido
etc
Re: If Hurricane Sandy Were To Happen In Nigeria by Two4Two(m): 12:39pm On Nov 01, 2012
This has been posted before why repeating it please dont waste our time and look for something fresh to post.
Darey_00: NAIJA IS SO BLESSED

What would happen in Nigeria if we are to experience an hurricane like the US East Coast is currently going through Hurricane Sandy? (GOD FORBID)
Imagine say a 'HURRICANE AKPORS' is heading for Naija in 3 weeks.. First and foremost;

1. Pastor for church go prophesy the hurricane.

2. The State Governors will hold a press conference advicing the people of the states to remain calm as government is working hard to see how they can tackle the situation.

3. National Emergency Management Agency (NEMA) will grant an interview on Channels TV and AIT saying that they are well trained and prepared to handle the crisis.That they are on top of the Situation.

4. The Federal Government will wait for the Hurricane to first land and wipe out Statesthen;

- Hold a day of National Mourning and Prayers and order the flag be flown at half mast.

- Visit the disaster location for a first hand assessment of the damage.

- Visit the survivors camp and share relief material (Mosquito nets, rice and Indomie)

- Set up a committee to investigate the Hurricane andsee how we can prevent future hurricanes from visiting Nigeria.

- Release billions of Naira (on Paper) for disaster management.

- Sack the Minister of Water Resources for failing to contain the water.

- Commend the State Governors, NEMA, Red Crossand other emergency services unit for their quick response.

5. The Senate will hold an emergency session and condemn the 'Hurricane'.

6. Churches around Nigeria will hold crusades and Programmes with Titles like 'May Hurricane wipe out your enemies'.. 'Calming the Hurricanes in your life'.. 'Finding the Rainbow in your Hurricane'.. e.t.c..

7. M.I Abaga will release a single about hurricanes.

8. Femi Falana (SAN) will sue the Hurricane, F.G and State government for their poor handling of the Hurricane.

9. CPC, ACN, APGA and otherswill blame the PDP and Jonathan for the Hurricane.

10. BOKO HARAM will claim responsibility for the Hurricane and will promise more hurricane if governmentdoes not comply.

11. Many People will change their Blackberry Display Pictures to 'Hurricane Pictures' and Facebook status will read..Hurricane Things..
GOD BLESS NIGERIA
Re: If Hurricane Sandy Were To Happen In Nigeria by luluosas(m): 12:44pm On Nov 01, 2012
God forbids! I rather pray never to dream it, let alone experience it in Nigeria. Common flood situation, we cannot handle, is it hurricane we will able to handle? Abeg, God forbids please. Thank you.
Re: If Hurricane Sandy Were To Happen In Nigeria by Godogwu: 12:52pm On Nov 01, 2012
acidtalk:

And you had to copy this whole write-up just to right this?

Your own don Finish.

yes, yes I did smiley
Re: If Hurricane Sandy Were To Happen In Nigeria by decepticos(m): 1:00pm On Nov 01, 2012
Okija_juju: NNA SEE PLAGERISM!!! shocked shocked shocked shocked

I need to start copyright protecting my shiit!!

Na so I see one of my Nairaland posts on Tontoh Dike song as person DP!! Repackaged and even signed!! angry
Nna do am fast oh i just saw this on nigeria info fm's facebook page, it was well edited.
Re: If Hurricane Sandy Were To Happen In Nigeria by Nobody: 1:13pm On Nov 01, 2012
afam4eva: I curled this from Okija Juju's post

Hmmm afam...u wan kill me with laugh abi??..

Curled :p
Re: If Hurricane Sandy Were To Happen In Nigeria by juman(m): 1:18pm On Nov 01, 2012
May Hurricane Dauda storm Abuja. grin grin
Re: If Hurricane Sandy Were To Happen In Nigeria by Nobody: 1:21pm On Nov 01, 2012
juman: May Hurricane Dauda storm Abuja. grin grin
grin
Re: If Hurricane Sandy Were To Happen In Nigeria by Darey00(m): 2:34pm On Nov 01, 2012
@okija_juju and @acidtalk for crying out loud guys i saw this on facebook and copied it down here. I wasn't aware dat it was on nairaland. I checked d front page d day i posted it,and seeing nothing dat resembles dis,i decided to post it. If u tell me to acknowlegde u in d post,u will grow bear bear. Ur 'original' post has been edited many times b4 i saw it,so free me....U scream here of plagrism,i dare u to tell every one here if u av'nt done something similar.
Re: If Hurricane Sandy Were To Happen In Nigeria by JonathanIG: 4:42pm On Nov 01, 2012
OKAY I DON HEAR UNA,GOD SO MUCH BLESSED NAIJA. NO MATA THE ECONOMIC SITUATION WE GO SURVIVE.1 LOVE MY FELLOW NAIJA. cool
Re: If Hurricane Sandy Were To Happen In Nigeria by NovusHomo(m): 5:40pm On Nov 01, 2012
stacomaster: Pls Wats Hurricame Sandy??

Its my girlfriend's nickname.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Nollywood Actress Regina Daniels And Emi Sky Smack Club / Whats The Meaning Of HK / Economic Importance Of Snakes

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.