Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,016 members, 7,817,999 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 03:07 AM

How Effective Are Our Holy Books For Oath Taking?? - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / How Effective Are Our Holy Books For Oath Taking?? (687 Views)

How Effective Is Nigeria's NIPOST Parcel Post Ventures Currently? / Abc's Of Jihad. Terrorist School Books For Pupils, Made In The USA / How Effective Is The Police Station Near Your Neighbourhood? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

How Effective Are Our Holy Books For Oath Taking?? by dadicvila(m): 1:47pm On Oct 31, 2012
one of my friends that have been suspecting her boyfriend of cheating on her for a long while recently told me that she has giving him a clean bill,that it was all just her imagination and that he has always been faithful to her,the reason she gave me was because she told him to swear with the HOLY BIBLE when she went to visit him recently that he has been faithful to her and the moment he wanted to make the oath she stopped him because according to her she was scared of the after effect....i laughed off her claims because personally i believe people swear with the name of God and take oaths in court with the bible and still tell bold lies and nothing happens to them,infact our leaders take oaths with the bible and koran on assupmtion of office and still proceed to steal us blind without any form of punishment from the supreme being....my fellow Nairalanders what are your views on this issue?
Re: How Effective Are Our Holy Books For Oath Taking?? by Coolval222(m): 8:36pm On Oct 31, 2012
I think you are right, its all about conscience......

(1) (Reply)

What Strange Thing/Event Fascinates You The Most / What Is That Thing That Will Make God Happy About You? / Do You Have Hater(s) In Your Work Place

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 6
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.