Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,804 members, 7,810,094 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 08:37 PM

Is Low Self Esteem A Result Of Parental Upbringing Or Personality? - Family (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Is Low Self Esteem A Result Of Parental Upbringing Or Personality? (22081 Views)

Never Toil With A Child's Self Esteem: A Lesson From Micheal Jackson's Life. / Ten Steps To Better Self-esteem / Parental Guide: Bringing Up A Child (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is Low Self Esteem A Result Of Parental Upbringing Or Personality? by obowunmi(m): 11:46am On Nov 03, 2012
agoha_vivi: The young man who said that to your little girl has a lot of growing up to do. It was a good thing you where close by to correct that notion. I tell my son who is a year plus that he's so intelligent such that he'll end up as an Harvard trained engineer. Even when he upsets me and I rebuke him, i still end up praising him and speaking positively. Talking a child down usually water's down the child's self esteem and as such, parents should desist from so doing.

Good for you.
Re: Is Low Self Esteem A Result Of Parental Upbringing Or Personality? by obowunmi(m): 11:49am On Nov 03, 2012
Yes, low self-esteem is as a result of parental upbringing. When you get to a certain age: you can no longer blame your parents. You can either catch up on opportunities you've missed out on as a result of your low-esteem or lack of confidence or make the decision that your children won't suffer the same fate you just did.

Everything in this life is about timing and if you spend your 20s dealing with self-esteem issues, you've missed out on many things in life.

1 Like

Re: Is Low Self Esteem A Result Of Parental Upbringing Or Personality? by MissyB3(f): 12:15pm On Nov 03, 2012
k2039:

The responsibility then lies with the individual
You reach a certain age/stage before you're able to dominate peer/parental influence which happens to be a powerful factor in adolescent development. And after that stage, you really have to have a stronger influence to be able to do away with all the ideas accumulated in your infant years which is one important stage in life. What a child is subject to during these years of vulnerability to parental/peer influence usually determines what adult he'll grow up to be.

By environment, I wasn't just talking about physical environment. And to change one's environment, the individual a) first has to realize that there's something wrong with/in his present environment ( You think it's everyone who suffers from low self-esteem that thinks it's a problem?) b) then have a positive environment to switch to (You think there are many people out there who will see a seeming good-for-nothing, and still have the sense of encouragement to tell the individual that he's as good as anyone one else?)

1 Like

Re: Is Low Self Esteem A Result Of Parental Upbringing Or Personality? by africanrapper: 12:34pm On Nov 03, 2012
Parental Upbringing has a BIG influence on Self-confidence. I'll narrate a personal story to buttress this fact.

I used to be a very bright child - from Kindergarten, Primary and Secondary Education. Teachers, Colleagues and friends all attested to the fact that I was a bright (sound mind) person. But as I grew up certain things that happened in my Life altered my self-confidence.

I was raised in a very 'SPIRITUAL' home (you should understand what I mean by that). Popsi and Momsi were more concerned about Spirituality than the well-being of their kids. Popsi usually spanked me seriously for reasons such as playing football with my agemates, sharing jokes with my peers, etc.

Once we are back home from school, neither me nor my siblings were permitted to leave the House - even to see a friend. And my friends noticed this, because they were not permitted to even come visit me at home. My father would always literally chase them away, so that his children would not get corrupted. Today, those boys who he chased away are Medical Doctors, Engineers, Lawyers etc - doing well in their different endeavors. Point is: They were just nice people.

So, at a time, I even became afraid of my friends. I always thought that my father was somewhere around monitoring me to know what I do. He always wanted me to be 'LIKE HIM'.

When I was 13, my family got split (DIVORCE). As I turned 17, I took sides with my mother and went to be with her. My Father literally HATES ME TILL TODAY because of that decision. My father would always say that I'm a good-for-nothing boy, a stupid boy, bla bla bla. At a time, he started comparing me with some people I even thought I was better than - and mehn, that comparison was killing. Geez!

As I grew up in Life (maybe 20-25), I observed that I had lost my Self-Confidence. I wasn't doing well in School - not because I was a dullard academically, but throughout these years, my father had made me think I was good-for-nothing. To make speeches in public became a problem for me - cos I always thought I was going to say something stupid.

Even when I find myself among girls, I'd be EXTREMELY SHY to get close. Meanwhile, my friends did these things (Public speeches, getting the girls, etc) with so much ease that I once wondered whether I was 'NORMAL'.

Anyway, I've managed to finished school, started a business. And I've decided to get back on all the opportunities that I lost while growing up:

a)MY SOCIAL LIFE
b)MY LOVE LIFE
c)MY ACADEMIC

I will overcome these fears by God's Grace. I will ensure that nobody (I mean NOBODY) makes my children feel inferior about themselves.

#utchay#

10 Likes

Re: Is Low Self Esteem A Result Of Parental Upbringing Or Personality? by Nobody: 12:40pm On Nov 03, 2012
dayokanu: Nigerians are just bullies imagine a boy maybe struggling with his GPA in school telling a 4yr old girl she is not smart

Greatgod aka OluwaTobi I want to say you dissapointed me small wink wink wink.

Na that kain oponu BIL me I dey like. Being the sharp mouthed Yoruba person I am I would so yab that BIL that he would almost commit suicide

You for first ask him for his WAEC result, and his GPA in school. and bring your daughters school grades. I am certain your daughter was doing better in her school than the dunderhead BIL. Ask him why upon his "sharpness he isnt the best student in MIT, Oxford or even UNILAG or Ife? despite all the money the family has invested on his education?

That everyone has been shy to tell him that he is the dullest person in the whole family and there is a theory that he might have been switched at birth cos his dullness in unmatched in the family tree. In advanced countries he would have been categorized as a reetardd or "Children with Special needs"

Its mostly ppl who cant match their peers that pick on perceived inferior people.

I wont be surprised if the BIL is on academic probation in his school. Nonsense

You are a classic hypocrite. You don't blink to castigate and slander certain tribes on here and even the President, any chance you got. Yet you have the audacity to label Nigerians bullies.

Talk about insanity! You are a classic case of self low esteem and need to see a psychatrist to open a case file for you.

snitch.
Re: Is Low Self Esteem A Result Of Parental Upbringing Or Personality? by Nobody: 12:53pm On Nov 03, 2012
africanrapper: Parental Upbringing has a BIG influence on Self-confidence. I'll narrate a personal story to buttress this fact.

I used to be a very bright child - from Kindergarten, Primary and Secondary Education. Teachers, Colleagues and friends all attested to the fact that I was a bright (sound mind) person. But as I grew up certain things that happened in my Life altered my self-confidence.

I was raised in a very 'SPIRITUAL' home (you should understand what I mean by that). Popsi and Momsi were more concerned about Spirituality than the well-being of their kids. Popsi usually spanked me seriously for reasons such as playing football with my agemates, sharing jokes with my peers, etc.

Once we are back home from school, neither me nor my siblings were permitted to leave the House - even to see a friend. And my friends noticed this, because they were not permitted to even come visit me at home. My father would always literally chase them away, so that his children would not get corrupted. Today, those boys who he chased away are Medical Doctors, Engineers, Lawyers etc - doing well in their different endeavors. Point is: They were just nice people.

So, at a time, I even became afraid of my friends. I always thought that my father was somewhere around monitoring me to know what I do. He always wanted me to be 'LIKE HIM'.

When I was 13, my family got split (DIVORCE). As I turned 17, I took sides with my mother and went to be with her. My Father literally HATES ME TILL TODAY because of that decision. My father would always say that I'm a good-for-nothing boy, a stupid boy, bla bla bla. At a time, he started comparing me with some people I even thought I was better than - and mehn, that comparison was killing. Geez!

As I grew up in Life (maybe 20-25), I observed that I had lost my Self-Confidence. I wasn't doing well in School - not because I was a dullard academically, but throughout these years, my father had made me think I was good-for-nothing. To make speeches in public became a problem for me - cos I always thought I was going to say something stupid.

Even when I find myself among girls, I'd be EXTREMELY SHY to get close. Meanwhile, my friends did these things (Public speeches, getting the girls, etc) with so much ease that I once wondered whether I was 'NORMAL'.

Anyway, I've managed to finished school, started a business. And I've decided to get back on all the opportunities that I lost while growing up:

a)MY SOCIAL LIFE
b)MY LOVE LIFE
c)MY ACADEMIC

I will overcome these fears by God's Grace. I will ensure that nobody (I mean NOBODY) makes my children feel inferior about themselves.

#utchay#

Hey Bro, good to see how you're doing. I strongly recommend you read this (and many others on the site): How School Screwed You With Anxiety...And Getting Your Confidence Back.
Re: Is Low Self Esteem A Result Of Parental Upbringing Or Personality? by Nobody: 1:01pm On Nov 03, 2012
@OP

An individual has his/her mind to decide for themself.

Therefore, your value system and how you strike the appriopriate balance determines your self esteem in the long run.

However, if your parents/parent violated or diminished your innercore - in this case, your fundamental value system- while growing up, you will REBEL eventually.

Malcolm X grew up in an environment with the knowledge that blacks were inferior. Although he played along, his innercore didn't accept it. Through experiences and reading from giants before him, he rediscovered himself and rebeled against the system that held him down. Later on, he even rebeled against his own teacher Elijah mohammed that groomed him by questioning his value and moral system; which inturn elevated his sense of self and held him in high esteem; which got him killed eventually. Same happened to other activists and people like him.

The question is not whether you have high or low self esteem. But rather : Do you have the STRENGHT to keep the balance ? What is the source of your strength ? Spirituality? The Devil? Man? Woman? Your environment? God himself ?

It is however a question of the nature and knowledge of the being; metaphysics.
Re: Is Low Self Esteem A Result Of Parental Upbringing Or Personality? by africanrapper: 1:14pm On Nov 03, 2012
Richfella:

Hey Bro, good to see how you're doing. I strongly recommend you read this (and many others on the site): How School Screwed You With Anxiety...And Getting Your Confidence Back.

Brother, thank you for that link. Jesus! Where did you get that? That's exactly what I need. Thanks again.

#utchay#
Re: Is Low Self Esteem A Result Of Parental Upbringing Or Personality? by kunletech: 2:28pm On Nov 03, 2012
Firstly, low self esteem is when you look down on yourself or when your do not believe in your self.
Low self esteem is cause by the following factors:
1. Enviroment; A child that was brought in a poor local enviroment will look down on his self when he meet with his mate that was brought up in good and wealthy enviroment.
2. Parental upbringing; if parent always ulter negative words to thier children, with time the child will believe and started to react to the words (self fulfilling prophecy)
3. Over control; when you do not give your child liberty to express his abilities by asociate with his play mate, later on, the child will develop low self esteem in area of social interaction.
4. Discouragement and abusive words are not good to be use for children, it kills thier abilities.

Later in teen and adult age, all thise will form thier personality.
Personality is the sum total of the behavioural and mental characteristics that are distictive of an individual.

1 Like

Re: Is Low Self Esteem A Result Of Parental Upbringing Or Personality? by Nobody: 2:53pm On Nov 03, 2012
baby_123: Environment. But the family unit is most important in creating a strong, unshakeable self esteem. That even when others put them down outside, they know the people that matter don't feel that way.
That makes a whole lot of sense
Re: Is Low Self Esteem A Result Of Parental Upbringing Or Personality? by Nobody: 2:58pm On Nov 03, 2012
Personally, I love most of these answers. It's nice to see people thinking differently but still being very sensible and logical.
Re: Is Low Self Esteem A Result Of Parental Upbringing Or Personality? by Bryan12(m): 3:35pm On Nov 03, 2012
dayokanu: Nigerians are just bullies imagine a boy maybe struggling with his GPA in school telling a 4yr old girl she is not smart

Greatgod aka OluwaTobi I want to say you dissapointed me small wink wink wink.

Na that kain oponu BIL me I dey like. Being the sharp mouthed Yoruba person I am I would so yab that BIL that he would almost commit suicide

You for first ask him for his WAEC result, and his GPA in school. and bring your daughters school grades. I am certain your daughter was doing better in her school than the dunderhead BIL. Ask him why upon his "sharpness he isnt the best student in MIT, Oxford or even UNILAG or Ife? despite all the money the family has invested on his education?

That everyone has been shy to tell him that he is the dullest person in the whole family and there is a theory that he might have been switched at birth cos his dullness in unmatched in the family tree. In advanced countries he would have been categorized as a reetardd or "Children with Special needs"

Its mostly ppl who cant match their peers that pick on perceived inferior people.

I wont be surprised if the BIL is on academic probation in his school. Nonsense
what exactly is your point?...
Re: Is Low Self Esteem A Result Of Parental Upbringing Or Personality? by obowunmi(m): 4:37pm On Nov 03, 2012
Africanrapper I LOVE your story. Its amazing. I will work on a documentary soon - we will only need your voice or story, but it will be pretty anoymous. I hope to work with you and Siena....
Re: Is Low Self Esteem A Result Of Parental Upbringing Or Personality? by tomzman: 4:44pm On Nov 03, 2012
Well, from xperience,I think its a combination of both.As a child, my parents never really encouraged me.This affected my self esteem to a point but it got to a stage that I decided to take the bull by the horn.I started building up and learning how to believe in myself.Today, i'm the better for it.So thats why i believe it is a combination of both.You should not allow your environment to shape your life.

Nice thread by the way.
Re: Is Low Self Esteem A Result Of Parental Upbringing Or Personality? by africanrapper: 5:14pm On Nov 03, 2012
obowunmi: Africanrapper I LOVE your story. Its amazing. I will work on a documentary soon - we will only need your voice or story, but it will be pretty anoymous. I hope to work with you and Siena....

no wahala. whenever you're set. utchay83@yahoo.com

Uche
Re: Is Low Self Esteem A Result Of Parental Upbringing Or Personality? by igbo2011(m): 5:50pm On Nov 03, 2012
cap28: low self esteem arises as a result of lack of love and support from parents and it is exacerbated when the child lives within a society or culture that does not value people from his or her background. for example if a black child grows up with a lot of neglect and lack of emotional support from their parents they are definitely going to have a very poor image of themselves, because that child has never known what love is and if you have never been shown love you can not have love for yourself neither can you give love as you dont know how to. The problem is further worsened when that same child grows up in a place like europe or america where blacks are routinely degraded and devalued by white society as a whole and the western media in constantly projects negative images of black people all over their media. Take a look at an experiment that was carried out in america to determine whether black children suffer from low esteem -they were shown a black doll and a white doll and they were asked to pick the one they felt was more beautiful and intelligent - time and time again these preschool black kids kept picking up the white doll when asked about positive traits and the black doll when asked about negative traits - what does that tell you? surely if you grow up in an environment where it is pounded into your head day in and day out that you are worthless you will eventually see yourself as worthless.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ybDa0gSuAcg

I wonder how this test Woolf do in Africa. Probably the same.
Re: Is Low Self Esteem A Result Of Parental Upbringing Or Personality? by beejaay: 6:08pm On Nov 03, 2012
T_Bademosi: Oh my God! This is getting interesting. I cant belive people do not agree that a parent is the most important factor in how a child see him or herself. After the parents, then the significant others. The friends, school mates, teachers etc. Why do you think great teachers never put their students down but rather they encourage them even when they are dull.

I want to believe the people who had commented so far are not social scientist but im guessing computer engineers, chemical engineers, accountants and business people.

Relate with the story of greatgod, it cannot be overemphasized really. Parents should be careful how they treat their children, what they say to them.

Encourage your child, speak positively to them, motivate them, tell them their skills. Tell them they can better and that their weaknesses can make them stronger... Thats how personality is built. Thats how we have great men and women, its simply because of great parents.

WHEN A PARENT KEEP SAYING HIS OR HER CHILD IS PROUD FROM MORNING TO NIGHT ALL DAY LONG ALL YEAR LONG, I CAN IMAGINE THAT SUCH CHILD WANTING TO ADJUST MIGHT BECOME TIMID. WELL NOT PROVEN THOUGH, AT LEAST TO MY KNOWLEDGE. Lets just be careful.

Slim, like to meet with you.
Truth be told I am a victim of the parental stuff. Am still struggling to remold myself after finding out. My parents never gave me a positive comments till I graduated from the university. I was probable the most beaten soul on earth. Am the type you check my whole body and ask if I was involved in a robbery and later got caught. I am an extrovert with the lowest self esteem on earth (Thank God I found out and have started working on it). Growing up I think differently from every other person (like asking why people should be called witch and asking them if they have ever seen where they are doing meetings and stuffs). I was never allowed to think on my own, never allowed to mix freely with my peers, never even allowed to do any of the kids stuff. I hawked almost everything known to man on the street of my state but still I was very bright and my peers look up to me as their future savior. I graduated at 22 and never acknowledged that I had self esteem problem (something I have carried from home couple with my small stature). You might not believe that I still got beaten when I was in 200level in the university and I dared not fight or raise my voice back cos of what we have been made to believe of what will happen to anyone that raise his/her voice against parents and the fear of what to eat. I graduated at that young age got a job with multinational and lost the job just a year plus after (that was when I realized that there is definitely something wrong with me). I learnt to be a forex trader along the way and became very good but still couldn’t stay successful ( that is when I knew that my child issue have had different manifestations). Though people don’t notice I have the problem because of my extrovert nature but deep inside am always killing away. Am working on being a better person and am sure I will get there. My reply is just to give account on how parents have great effect on the outcome of their kids. Parents should know every kid is unique and there is no way we can train them the same way. Kids should be allowed to make mistakes (loads of it) without judging them. I don’t judge or hate my parents if there is anything I love them more than anything in the world (they trained me the way felt it was best for me). If there is any bad grammar in my rant pls pardon it ( I didn’t even know how to speak or write good English after my secondary school. I only picked up the challenge when I entered the UNI)

3 Likes

Re: Is Low Self Esteem A Result Of Parental Upbringing Or Personality? by beejaay: 6:11pm On Nov 03, 2012
africanrapper: Parental Upbringing has a BIG influence on Self-confidence. I'll narrate a personal story to buttress this fact.

a)MY SOCIAL LIFE
b)MY LOVE LIFE
c)MY ACADEMIC

#utchay#
Good to hear that am not alone in the boat.
Re: Is Low Self Esteem A Result Of Parental Upbringing Or Personality? by tavon(m): 6:20pm On Nov 03, 2012
so what is the point of this video. Are you saying that just because a child picked a white doll his parents have something to do with it?

Low self esteem is not as simple to be easily traced to the fault of a parent.

5 children can grow up with the same religious parents, who love them all equally and still one of them can turn out to be an atheist, gay or even in this case posses low self esteem.

You can show your child all the love and admiration in the world and he can still have a low self esteem.

Havant you seen cases where one brother is outgoing funny and charming while the other brother is withdrawn and shy. Are you going to tell me that the outgoing child was much more favoured and adored by the parents?
Re: Is Low Self Esteem A Result Of Parental Upbringing Or Personality? by beejaay: 6:28pm On Nov 03, 2012
obowunmi: @ AbiL, while its true that someone cannot keep blaming his or her parents, if you don't know any better. Because of your parents, you can easily miss out on many opportunities in life. What happens is the cycle continues. Think of this in the Nigerian context:

Your parents commit atrocities of child abuse from when you were 2 until 9 years old, at 9 - you go to boarding school, maybe there your teacher beats you and what not - in boarding school, you may have an opportunity to see how other children live and hear what they say - the problem is that memories of violence never depart. Maybe you go back home after you graduate from secondary school, your father beats your mom, and he bullies you... You go to University and then you marry,

The problem is that there has been little time for reflection. Little time to heal, no counseling and what not. If you are not carefully, you can easily replicate everything you were exposed to as a child and the cycle continues for your children.
you are very very correct. this is exactly what has been going on in most african homes especially from where i come from. parents feel they need to pass down what they have learnt from their parents (viewing it as the best form of training simply because what they felt they have achieved without really finding out by reflection through the growing years). most of our homes train us to be zombies and not thinkers especially people like me that come from polygamous house
Re: Is Low Self Esteem A Result Of Parental Upbringing Or Personality? by Nobody: 12:31am On Nov 04, 2012
Well to me its individual ..... I mean yourself. I'm not trying to prove I'm wise at all things but i have a very good wisdom of making decisions and i live my life by principles and rules. I don't club,drink,smoke, and i have the same girlfriend for over 2 years, I had my first sex when i was 20 and I've only be intimate with on girl ever since i was born.I plan to stay this way. But i have friends that are totally my opposites and they labelled me with the name of been HOLIER THAN THOU. Most times i care less about what they say and just stay they way i am but sometimes (which is very hard to come by) their words gets to me and dropped my mental thinking and self esteem drastically. I'm talking from my own life experience. So it makes me think it is individual.

N.B please don't get crossed with me cos i leave too much info just trying to explain myself here
Re: Is Low Self Esteem A Result Of Parental Upbringing Or Personality? by promire2004(f): 4:49am On Nov 04, 2012

a)MY SOCIAL LIFE
b)MY LOVE LIFE
c)MY ACADEMIC

#utchay#
Exactly my thoughts. Parents should not drive their children to resentment, so that they won't be frustrated at the end. I'll keep on repeating myself. Thank God u succeeded against all odds.
Re: Is Low Self Esteem A Result Of Parental Upbringing Or Personality? by peddyholl(m): 8:28am On Nov 04, 2012
low self esteem is a product of personality make up of an individual. Personality is the sum total of a person's characteristics.
this is further explained in d 5 big personality factor below

1. Extraversion: This trait includes characteristics such as
excitability, sociability, talkativeness, assertiveness and
high amounts of emotional expressiveness.

2. Agreeableness: This personality dimension includes
attributes such as trust, altruism, kindness, affection, and
other prosocial behaviors.

3. Conscientiousness: Common features of this dimension
include high levels of thoughtfulness, with good impulse
control and goal-directed behaviors. Those high in
conscientiousness tend to be organized and mindful of
details.

4. Neuroticism: Individuals high in this trait tend to
experience emotional instability, anxiety, moodiness,
irritability, and sadness.

5. Openness: This trait features characteristics such as
imagination and insight, and those high in this trait also
tend to have a broad range of interests.

therefore our personality dictates what we do in most cases, not in all cases
Re: Is Low Self Esteem A Result Of Parental Upbringing Or Personality? by jaysworld(f): 10:14am On Nov 04, 2012
Low self esteem could also arise from being a Timid peerson.
I recommend the book 'Pursose a cure for Timity-How To Overcome Timidity' for anyone going through Low self esteem,fear and all.
I could tell you where to get the book,if interested.
Re: Is Low Self Esteem A Result Of Parental Upbringing Or Personality? by tushbobo(m): 10:24am On Nov 04, 2012
Self esteem comes from how you see yourself.This can be shaped by your family,education,environment and belief system.Ultimately YOU ARE RESPONSIBLE for your self esteem as this comes from how you think irrespective of what life throws at you.Finding faults in situation only makes it worse as you lose control over your self totally.AS A MAN THINKS SO IS HE!
Re: Is Low Self Esteem A Result Of Parental Upbringing Or Personality? by baby124: 3:05pm On Nov 04, 2012
I don't know why people think introverts have low self esteem. I think extroverts actually have more issues. They like the limelight and always want to be in it, maybe because they are lacking something and feel the need to prove to everyone outside. I love my space and my company, I don't like noise or unnecessary shouting. But I have a very very big self esteem. cheesy. People make this mistake of misjudging me. The people that know me know me. grin

1 Like

Re: Is Low Self Esteem A Result Of Parental Upbringing Or Personality? by dayokanu(m): 5:14pm On Nov 04, 2012
Olodostein:

You are a classic hypocrite. You don't blink to castigate and slander certain tribes on here and even the President, any chance you got. Yet you have the audacity to label Nigerians bullies.

Talk about insanity! You are a classic case of self low esteem and need to see a psychatrist to open a case file for you.

snitch.

This post is definitely from a deranged mind How does criticizing the president mean one is a bully? Who is bullying who anuofia
Re: Is Low Self Esteem A Result Of Parental Upbringing Or Personality? by Nobody: 6:26pm On Nov 04, 2012
dayokanu:

This post is definitely from a deranged mind How does criticizing the president mean one is a bully? Who is bullying who anuofia

You don't criticize. It is a known fact that you hate the player rather than the game.

Who is the deranged mind? You are fundamentally confused.

Stick to your guns fella , if that holds you in high esteem.
Re: Is Low Self Esteem A Result Of Parental Upbringing Or Personality? by dayokanu(m): 8:39pm On Nov 04, 2012
Olodostein:

You don't criticize. It is a known fact that you hate the player rather than the game.

"Hate the player rather than the game"

Sounds like a wannabee failed rapper. Are you that daft real life or you are acting it?. With this level of thinking I suspect you have a p3nis in your brain
Re: Is Low Self Esteem A Result Of Parental Upbringing Or Personality? by tomakint: 11:41pm On Nov 04, 2012
Olodostein:

Avoid that psychopath like a plague, you have made ur point already. Watch out for his next post you will see what I am saying. He is trying to sound reasonable forgetting he is a confused soul.....just wait for his next post
Re: Is Low Self Esteem A Result Of Parental Upbringing Or Personality? by Nobody: 1:05pm On Nov 05, 2012
jaysworld: Low self esteem could also arise from being a Timid peerson.

NOPE my friend! It's exactly the other way round. Timidity arises from having low self-esteem.
Re: Is Low Self Esteem A Result Of Parental Upbringing Or Personality? by Nobody: 1:18pm On Nov 05, 2012
africanrapper:

Brother, thank you for that link. Jesus! Where did you get that? That's exactly what I need. Thanks again.

#utchay#

Hey bro, am very glad you liked it. There are a billion more life-transforming, reality-shattering resources I could send you if you wanted. I'd be most honoured.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Comparison In A Family. How Healthy Is It? / Black And White Twins / Using Dusting Powder As An Alternative To Circumcision Of Female Infants

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 117
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.