Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,833 members, 7,817,437 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 12:16 PM

Ibara Roundabout Bridge;ogun Pays Over N4m Compensation - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ibara Roundabout Bridge;ogun Pays Over N4m Compensation (782 Views)

Ogun Pays April Salary,deductions / Why PMB Got It Wrong With James Ocholi' family "compensation" - CramJones / Fayose Paying Compensation Before Demolishing Illegal Structures (picture) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Ibara Roundabout Bridge;ogun Pays Over N4m Compensation by expertman(m): 4:08pm On Nov 01, 2012
IBARA ROUNDABOUT BRIDGE;OGUN PAYS OVER N4M COMPENSATION

The Ogun State Government today make good its promise to adequately compensate owners of properties demolished in the course of erecting structures as it pays the sum of four million, two hundred and eighty nine thousand, three hundred and twenty seven naira (N4,289,327.00) to nine individuals whose properties were affected by the construction of the Ibara roundabout overhead bridge.

Handing over cheques to the claimants, the Deputy Director, Acquisition in the Bureau of Lands, Mr. Isaac Akogun, observed that the Senator Ibikunle Amosun led-administration was the first government that made such instant payment to property owners whose land or properties were affected by infrastructural developments.

He remarked that physical development is part of beautification and urban renewal, adding that after the initial discomfort, residents benefit in the long run as they stand to enjoy the comfort provided by such infrastructures.

Mr. Akogun enjoined residents to always cooperate with government, urging that where necessary, owners of properties that could disturb infrastructural growth should surrender them for overall public good, particularly now that government is paying compensations promptly.

Speaking shortly after collecting his cheque, one of the claimants, Mr. Safiani Egbeyemi lauded the government for matching its words with action as it has displayed that it is committed to the welfare of the people.

“The present administration in Ogun State is a government with human face whose passion for the people cannot be overemphasized. Let me say that I was not optimistic initially because governments in the past have not been fulfilling promises, however, I was pleasantly surprised when I was called up for this” he remarked.

Speaking in the same vein, another claimant, Mrs. Iyabo Tagoe said she was overwhelmed with government’s gesture, pointing out that the money will help her and others to embark on projects that would ensure their wellbeing and reduce their loss owing to the demolition.

Guys Whats Your Intake On This? Is Road The Major Thing Neccessary In Ogun?
Re: Ibara Roundabout Bridge;ogun Pays Over N4m Compensation by jigawatts(m): 4:43pm On Nov 01, 2012
Went to abeokuta last week, My oh My ...........I love the construction of that bridge cool

(1) (Reply)

Flash! What Now?: ‘suspension Of ATM Charge Not Cbn’s directive' / EFCC Investigates Uduaghan’s Multi-billion Naira Asaba Int'l Airport / NNPC: The Corporation That Is Not Allowing Government To Have Finance To Operate

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 7
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.