Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,182 members, 7,821,997 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 12:27 AM

Akpabio Owns $45Million "Private" Jet - SaharaReporters - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Akpabio Owns $45Million "Private" Jet - SaharaReporters (13603 Views)

Jonathan Not Christian, Serves Voodoo Looted N32b From Bayelsa - SaharaReporters / IBB Endorses Muhammadu Buhari For President - SaharaReporters / St Paul's College President Denies Speaking To SaharaReporters (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Akpabio Owns $45Million "Private" Jet - SaharaReporters by isangedigh(m): 5:07am On Nov 02, 2012
redsun: grin angry

Jet throttling monkeys.

And this monkeys wont even allow others have a bite of the bananas! Retarded monkeys!!

1 Like

Re: Akpabio Owns $45Million "Private" Jet - SaharaReporters by chucky234(m): 5:20am On Nov 02, 2012
Tax payers money wasted,this Jet thing has become a competition among our greedy governors,buying Jets with billions that would have been channeled into improving the living condition of its citizenry.
With those gluttons in power this nation will never move forward,beetle-headed crocodiles.
Re: Akpabio Owns $45Million "Private" Jet - SaharaReporters by Nobody: 5:20am On Nov 02, 2012
WELCOME TO NIGERIA!!!!
Re: Akpabio Owns $45Million "Private" Jet - SaharaReporters by RickyRoss1(m): 5:32am On Nov 02, 2012
They should learn from Rochas Okorocha.
Rochas is a multi billionaire b4 he became the governor of Imo State, he bought a state of the art private jet about 3 years ago, I hope he is still using it now.

Most Nigerians like luxury and flamboyant lifestyle. So if our governors must own private jets they must buy with their personal money.

Our dear governors MUST STOP wasting state funds acquiring private jets that adds no value to the state treasure.

1 Like

Re: Akpabio Owns $45Million "Private" Jet - SaharaReporters by sesanrota(m): 5:35am On Nov 02, 2012
Billyonaire:

My friend, Akwa Ibom State is rich enough to buy a private jet for her Governor, Stop this ranting.

People like you is why we remain we are backwards, when you put sentiments on all things, well no matter how bitter a truth is, its still the truth shocked

5 Likes

Re: Akpabio Owns $45Million "Private" Jet - SaharaReporters by Abali1(m): 5:40am On Nov 02, 2012
Billyonaire:

My friend, Akwa Ibom State is rich enough to buy a private jet for her Governor, Stop this ranting.

Rich enough my a,ss. So private jet for the state is now the next priority item or the basic amenity the state needs.

1 Like

Re: Akpabio Owns $45Million "Private" Jet - SaharaReporters by BetaThings: 5:47am On Nov 02, 2012
SlyIg: If the governor of the one of the richest oil producing states in Nigeria doesnt drive a jet,is it a governor from a poor state like Tarabar that should drive? Akwa Ibom worth a jet for it's government pls, so stop ranting here abeg.
1st disappointing post
Re: Akpabio Owns $45Million "Private" Jet - SaharaReporters by bory09(m): 6:12am On Nov 02, 2012
Siga: I dont know why all these seems to be a surprise anymore....its a proven fact that these animals dont give a F about anyone but themselves and their immediate family....all these news agencies need to stop talking about it cos nothing go shele....all na shout and thats it....when all of them die....including one wey get 4 jets...make dem take the jets fly them to heaven or hell....or bury dem inside dem jets
pls let us pity our government we all know that our road is a death trap with no security. Do you want them death die untimely if they possess 3 jet its not bad at least shopping in dubai and anywhere abroad will be easy instead of risking their lifes in our never do well public aeroplane.
Re: Akpabio Owns $45Million "Private" Jet - SaharaReporters by larrymoore(m): 6:16am On Nov 02, 2012
The politicians dont give a damn about us, no food on d table, milling about in tattared cloth, insecurity of life of d masses, ecological n natural disaster, about 450,000 graduates annually: only 450 of them get employed. If nationality is a choice, Nigeria would nt be in existence.

1 Like

Re: Akpabio Owns $45Million "Private" Jet - SaharaReporters by Ezennaemeka1(m): 6:17am On Nov 02, 2012
If only he knew that there are millions of people in his state that can't afford 3square meal a day.
Re: Akpabio Owns $45Million "Private" Jet - SaharaReporters by ubong560(m): 6:18am On Nov 02, 2012
Around of applause! He has done so much. It's now time 4 him 2 acquire his own abi? Dat's gud afterall he cant carry d last mostly in a state as rich as akwa ibom. I said it in amaechi's private thread abt last week dat wat we ar goin 2 experience soon in dis country shal b a traffic hold up on hair wher d poor wil hawk gala and pure water (may dat neva b their portion 4eva-amen). Look at d rate of private jet competitn and yet people are suffering lik hell. No food, no housing, no hospital, no roads, no jobs, no good air to breath etc. Who told gov. Akpabio dat he's done alot and so he shld acquire a private jet wit d public fund? No probs, as they acquire, may the private jets dont act as a source of accident or death 2 dem. Bt if it happens, den God is avenging. Bet me if b4 2015, an ordinary l.g.a chairman would nt b among d list (dat's if they there's none already o).
Re: Akpabio Owns $45Million "Private" Jet - SaharaReporters by aribisala0(m): 6:18am On Nov 02, 2012
Billyonaire:

Sure but Neither te German Chancellor nor the New York Governor has one they must be very poor

1 Like

Re: Akpabio Owns $45Million "Private" Jet - SaharaReporters by ziccoit: 6:21am On Nov 02, 2012
Billyonaire:

How did you type this?

You either be a rot or eating from the rotten scraps to make the above statement. To think that you were being pushed by sentiments and stupid loyalty to a corrupt to the bone ethnic group would be an understatement.

Haaaaa. . . haaaa. . . .

4 Likes

Re: Akpabio Owns $45Million "Private" Jet - SaharaReporters by Lucasbalo(m): 6:23am On Nov 02, 2012
People rise up and drive this corrupt politicians out of power.

1 Like

Re: Akpabio Owns $45Million "Private" Jet - SaharaReporters by santakris(m): 6:24am On Nov 02, 2012
To steal our money will be very easy now. All he need to do is to garther enough money into is private toy and take it away. Who will arrest him?
Re: Akpabio Owns $45Million "Private" Jet - SaharaReporters by Godjone(m): 6:38am On Nov 02, 2012
Nigeriaaaaaaaaaa! What is hapening? So this thieves that called themselves Governors are now in the habit of buying private jets so that they can save themselves the stress of security checks at the airport especially if or wen they want to export hard currency. Luk at akwa ibom that poverty has make their indigens luk tired and haggered, a s.t.e.w.p.i.d i.d.i.o.t that called himself a govna is buying a jet and living in affluence. When will this politicians understand the basic concept of politics? Meaningless, senceless and Useless thieves.

1 Like

Re: Akpabio Owns $45Million "Private" Jet - SaharaReporters by ubong560(m): 6:48am On Nov 02, 2012
@SlyIg, stop supporting evil. Ar u d only one frm aks. Am frm there too shld in case u didn't knw. Av u considered wat $45million = N6.7b can do to alleviate poverty in d state. Who told u or him dat he's done alot and so shld acquire a private jet 2 applaud himself? Av u assesed d level of poverty in rural areas? If u dont av any gud 2 say, just kip reading d gud comments and walk pass. Tanx
Re: Akpabio Owns $45Million "Private" Jet - SaharaReporters by Ninilowo(m): 6:54am On Nov 02, 2012
It was the joint decision taken in their GOVERNORS' FORUM nah. Very soon all others 'll follow.
Re: Akpabio Owns $45Million "Private" Jet - SaharaReporters by polaladdin: 7:18am On Nov 02, 2012
ghettodreamz: When has buying of jet became a norm for the leaders of our nation? If I may ask, where do they get all these money from, for goodness sake?

When will all these looters stop being unfair to the masses and the whole nation at large? This is democratic craziness on their parts and my heart bleeds so much for the future of a a nation called NIGERIA. Is this how they planned to reform the 'un-reformable' ? The flocks are growing scraggy while the herdsmen are growing thick at the expense of the suffering masses of our beloved nation.

The question I'm asking now is, will anything good EVER come out of Nigeria with this on-going trend?

Will anything good ever come out of Jonathan's administration?

Let us not forget that, God is watching and each one of us shall be held accountable for his own life on that blessed day.

E de pain me gan...*Smh*

I really like your intro and your body was superb buh your submission was some how to as far as I am concern. Yes!, certain questions was posted by you but is this how the solution will surface? Nigerian leaders are looting, Nigeria future is blur, the citizens are looking and GOD is watching! E dey me gan oo....... *smh*
Re: Akpabio Owns $45Million "Private" Jet - SaharaReporters by SlyIg(f): 7:21am On Nov 02, 2012
ubong560: @SlyIg, stop supporting evil. Ar u d only one frm aks. Am frm there too shld in case u didn't knw. Av u considered wat $45million = N6.7b can do to alleviate poverty in d state. Who told u or him dat he's done alot and so shld acquire a private jet 2 applaud himself? Av u assesed d level of poverty in rural areas? If u dont av any gud 2 say, just kip reading d gud comments and walk pass. Tanx
My dear, point at a credible state governor in Nigeria please then i ll prove you wrong. Show me someone that that if elected into government will not waste the public fund. Who would they elect into that post that would be better. NONE! Im simply tired of Nigerian politics cos its full of rubbish. Will you sit down to cry because politicians are living extravacantly? Oh no ... As far as Nigerian politics is concerned,he is free to fly with what ever. So ...
Re: Akpabio Owns $45Million "Private" Jet - SaharaReporters by Nobody: 7:26am On Nov 02, 2012
I totally support the man getting himself a private jet. He's a hard worker and I believe in the principle of workshop, yes where you de work na there you de chop.
Re: Akpabio Owns $45Million "Private" Jet - SaharaReporters by Solozzo(m): 7:43am On Nov 02, 2012
Is the jet an official state owned or a privately owned?
Re: Akpabio Owns $45Million "Private" Jet - SaharaReporters by Solozzo(m): 7:48am On Nov 02, 2012
blink182: I totally support the man getting himself a private jet. He's a hard worker and I believe in the principle of workshop, yes where you de work na there you de chop.

This kind of immoral thinking is why there is no regular electricity, no good roads no jobs and a high crime rate in the country.

Oh boy you need serious moral and ethical education and rehabilitation!!

3 Likes

Re: Akpabio Owns $45Million "Private" Jet - SaharaReporters by Solozzo(m): 7:52am On Nov 02, 2012
Ninilowo: It was the joint decision taken in their GOVERNORS' FORUM nah. Very soon all others 'll follow.

If the jet was state owned, no worries.
Re: Akpabio Owns $45Million "Private" Jet - SaharaReporters by Nobody: 7:53am On Nov 02, 2012
naijaspeak: [b]Do not be surprised to see Governor Emmanuel Uduaghan of Delta state placing orders for his own private jet if he had not already done so. James Ibori his brother and former governor also had his until it was seized

For Governor Akpabio, he is fond of sacking his deputy all the time. Deputy Governor find it very difficult working with him as a boss. He just set the ball rolling to impeach his deputy governor who had to take the most respectful way to find a balance by claiming resignation.

Can you see how our south south governor are digging their dirty hands into our financial purse to take our money.

As you all can see our economic woes are not completely caused by the northern leadership who has ruled Nigeria for over 40 years of our Independence as a sovereign state but by our own Southern leaders who believe in stealing huge amount of our petro-dollars.

This is something an American president or a British prime minister will never try.

Why can't our dying aviation sector be restored back to it former glory.

why can't our dying educational sector be restored back.

What about our health care institution.

All our leaders are now fond of trying the alternative route which is abroad to get what they need such as London ( UK ) Germany, France, USA etc
[/b]

Have been in Akwa Ibom State for 5years now, Akwa ibom State is very very wealthy. They receive the highest allocation from the federal govt + the seized oil wells.
The 1st Deputy Governor, Engr. Patrick Ekpo Otu, wasn't sacked, he left his duties to Abuja & refused coming back. He wasn't happy with the affairs of the state politics. He didn't want to go for 2nd Term, etc. That is what I term "Voluntrilly Withdrawal".
For Nsima Ékere...I smell a big crocodile was about to eat him...#sealedlips.
IMO, that jet aint official in no way, I tell u.
Re: Akpabio Owns $45Million "Private" Jet - SaharaReporters by franchizy(m): 7:58am On Nov 02, 2012
All this long comments here are thrash. The Governor have performed well and the state is rich enough to buy a jet for her Governor. I urge the Governor to remain focused and never listen to critisms. Haters of d jet, pls go and hug transformers
Re: Akpabio Owns $45Million "Private" Jet - SaharaReporters by rusher14: 8:09am On Nov 02, 2012
What a country!
I do really wonder what the role of a state house of assembly is. Do these governors appropriate these sums without their consultation? Is the purchase of a 45 million dollar aircraft of such immense importance to the delivery of good governance? How much have these governments earmarked for the mitigation of hardships her citizens have experienced lately e.g. Flooding? Can't aircraft sharing be done among these states assuming it is indeed found to be a priority? How are these purchases funded? Are they cash-down payments? Was due process followed in the purchase? What percentage of the state's budget is earmarked for these large financial outlays?
I think after reasoning in a typically nigerian way for so long without much success we might do well by shifting our approach to analysis and application.
Re: Akpabio Owns $45Million "Private" Jet - SaharaReporters by feelamong(m): 8:17am On Nov 02, 2012
Billyonaire:

Yes they are Ricjh enough to buy jet but have you asked if they are rich enough to bring its people out of the wicked poverty in the state.

If you dont know be aware that Akwa Ibom state have the highest amount of children/young adyults being sent out as house maid/servants in the country now. Would it be bad idea for them to give a free and compulsory education for every Akwa Ibom child till the age of 23yrs or even to set up massive vocational training schools in Akwa Ibom?

Bunch of Idi0ts in govt houses!

2 Likes

Re: Akpabio Owns $45Million "Private" Jet - SaharaReporters by banki(m): 8:24am On Nov 02, 2012
Billyonaire:

and akwa ibom citizens are known to come to lagos abuja and the other states as house boys and house girls? or whats the most common name of a house girl no be "ekaite"?

Dont mean to disrespect any one but has he sorted out the people with the basic amenities , like water food and light, hospitals ec before embarking on a luxirous lifestyle
Re: Akpabio Owns $45Million "Private" Jet - SaharaReporters by pendusky(m): 8:25am On Nov 02, 2012
Evidence of Rich State AKWA Abasi Ibom...sure the Sahara Reporter is from Gombe State...which other STATE in Nigeria has God inbetween ha name? with God All things are Possible...But wait..Is EFCC not functioning? grin
Re: Akpabio Owns $45Million "Private" Jet - SaharaReporters by pendusky(m): 8:34am On Nov 02, 2012
banki:

and akwa ibom citizens are known to come to lagos abuja and the other states as house boys and house girls? or whats the most common name of a house girl no be "ekaite"?

Dont mean to disrespect any one but has he sorted out the people with the basic amenities , like water food and light, hospitals ec before embarking on a luxirous lifestyle

Do u still have one as ur house boy? No i guess. .. Gone are the days of being househelp... My grandma is hiring a yoruba as a gateman and igbo as a shop sales boy...the sydrome was revertd 4 years ago...

2 Likes

Re: Akpabio Owns $45Million "Private" Jet - SaharaReporters by ogayor: 8:38am On Nov 02, 2012
Most of our governors are 'AGED' in ideas
Buying an aircraft does not implied prosperity of any state
I only see prosperity where sound health facility, good and properly maintained amenities, sound education and good governance abound.
any state that is SHORT of this is POOR, the leaders in such states are merely displaying mental poverty even if they acquire aircraft made of pure gold and build mansions of rare stones.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Hope For Nigeria Says PDP Is Winning Kano / President Buhari Is In Charge Of Nigeria -BMO / Zainab Ahmed: Nigeria’s Debt May Jump By ₦6 Trillion To Hit ₦38 Trillion

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.