Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,640 members, 7,813,128 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 07:31 AM

NCP Secretary Calls For Fashola’s Removal From Office - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / NCP Secretary Calls For Fashola’s Removal From Office (9991 Views)

ACN Is Searching For Fashola’s Successor / Searching For Fashola's Achievements / PHCN Finally Privatised, NCP Announces Results Of Bids (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: NCP Secretary Calls For Fashola’s Removal From Office by malele(m): 2:41am On Nov 02, 2012
Billyonaire: You are wrong my friend. Soldiers are on the streets of Lagos crushing Okada, are you blaming GEJ for this ?
Oga I stay in lagos, soldiers don't have time for that mess fashola wants to use them for pls
Re: NCP Secretary Calls For Fashola’s Removal From Office by Nobody: 2:58am On Nov 02, 2012
thelastPope:

Fashola has been the one sponsoring operation MESA, a joint military and police anti crime outfit for Lagos, not GEJ. ................ All the other ACN governors then receeded into their shells in traitor style only to come out when men of operation MESA were deployed to Ojota.

In one post, you contradicted yourself. You meant Fasola unleashed operation MESA and thereafter asked GEJ to withdraw them? May be you are suffering from Romneynesia. GEJ sent soldiers to Lagos in January, he didn't even deny this. He withdrew them at the time of his convenience despite calls for immediate removal. Some of GEJ's soldiers brutalized Ben Nwabueze etc. These are on records.

In any case, there is nothing wrong in having a joint military-police formations in a mega city like Lagos. Police, not to talk of the ill trained Nigerian one, can not respond to all emergencies in a city like Lagos. A collaboration is not out of place and that collaboration was sought, approved by appropriate authority (Andrew Azazi corroborated this, you know) and that led to reduction in crime rate. Let's be faithful to history.

What's the crap of subsidy you are ranting about? Some of you folks are not even bright. ACN is a party in opposition, if you don't know. How they become a traitor for opposing the policy of an incumbent president is difficult to comprehend.

LASG sacked doctors that failed to respond to competent queries issued them. Not all doctors were sacked. They abandoned their jobs and consequently, were queried to explain why disciplinary action should not be taken against them. Those that responded saved their jobs, the recalcitrant ones were fired. Obviously, you can't dictate to your employer. But as a democrat that he was and still is, Fasola found a way to accommodate them. They are back at work.

Toll is a universal phenomenon. It's not Fasola's creation. Everywhere, in Europe, US, etc , you pay tolls. If a road is built on public private partnership, it's not out of place to have one or two on such road. If you are not comfortable paying such, use the alternative provided by government.

LASU fees are relatively high, I agree. But nothing comes free and Fasola is obviously not running free tertiary education in Lagos. LASU is not even the only school in the country. You can take your siblings to Federal or any less paying schools in the country. What I expect you to be advocating is scholarship schemes that reward excellent students such that if you son is brilliant but poor, he can still be educated.

Above all, if Fasola is just not your type of governor, it's too late, he ll finish his second term. Keep your voter's card till 2015. Remember, Fasola will not be contesting in any gubernatorial election again.
Re: NCP Secretary Calls For Fashola’s Removal From Office by Nobody: 3:10am On Nov 02, 2012
thelastPope:

He is a hypocrite and liar just like fashola

Who in the country, except you and your likes, does not know GEJ is a notorious liar?
He lied to Nigerians on national broadcast. It's on record. Nigerians ll remember these lies in 2015.

The Action Congress of Nigeria has asked President Goodluck Jonathan to apologise to Nigerians for misleading them on the alleged positive rating given to the country by the global anti-corruption body, Transparency International.

In a statement by the ACN National Publicity Secretary, Alhaji Lai Mohammed, on Tuesday, the party said the President should tender the apology, especially as TI had denied issuing such a report.

It said, “Transparency International has denied claims by President Jonathan in his 52nd independence anniversary speech on Monday, that the global body has rated Nigeria as the second most improved country in the fight against corruption.

ACN said its demand for an apology from the President came after it saw a copy of TI’s response to inquiries on the President’s claim, which reads thus, “Transparency International does not have a recent rating or report that places Nigeria as the second most improved country in the fight against corruption.

“In the 2011 Corruption Perceptions Index, which measures perceived levels of public sector corruption, Nigeria scored 2.4 on a scale where 0 means highly corrupt and 10 means very clean. It was ranked 143 out of 183 countries.”

The party expressed its shock that the President could make such a “frivolous claim” on an issue of global concern as corruption.

It said in addition to apologising to Nigerians, “the President should immediately start an investigation into the source of the claim that has exposed his administration and the country to global ridicule.”

ACN said the claim by the President, who was trying to showcase the “achievements” of his administration in the fight against corruption, raised doubts about the authenticity of other claims by the President in the anniversary speech.

Meanwhile, former Edo State Deputy Governor, Rev. Peter Obadan, said he doubted Jonathan’s appreciation of the magnitude of corruption in the country.

Speaking with our correspondent on Tuesday, Obadan said the President was not given enough information on corruption in the country by the relevant authorities.

He said, “The President is limited as far as information flow and security report is concerned, and can only react with the information at his disposal. Candidly, we need to go back to the basics, as far as corruption is concerned.

“With all humility, I respect Mr. President, who has spoken from information made available by his lieutenants, who themselves need to be checked. From what I was told by my mother, it is very difficult for a thief to appreciate he is one.”

http://www.punchng.com/news/jonathan-should-apologise-for-claim-on-anti-corruption-acn/
Re: NCP Secretary Calls For Fashola’s Removal From Office by DickTator1: 3:28am On Nov 02, 2012
[quote author=Prof Corruption]

[quote]Who in the country, except you and your likes, does not know GEJ is a notorious liar?
He lied to Nigerians on national broadcast. It's on record. Nigerians ll remember these lies in 2015. [quote]

I hope they do, and vote for the thief himself, Tinubu. Tinubu for 2015 jor.
Re: NCP Secretary Calls For Fashola’s Removal From Office by signified: 3:53am On Nov 02, 2012
Billyonaire: Your quasi-illiteracy can not be cured by a village native doctor, I suggest you read the message from the source again. There are Soldiers and Policemen on the street of Lagos crushing Okada riders daily, and Fashola is asked to resign because he has contravene the Constitution by deploying soldiers unconstitutionally. Sometimes I wonder if that your name denotes your psycho-maniac personality, but use your senses and read messages before you make yourself a laughing stock. Fashola is a SAN but he breached the constitution by illegally liaising with Military Cantonment to deploy soldiers on the streets, I am for banning of Okada, by use of Policemen, but to deploy soldiers on civilians deserve impeachment. Fashola needs to apologize to NCP and me.
NA SO MY BOSS!
Re: NCP Secretary Calls For Fashola’s Removal From Office by Nuezha(m): 4:49am On Nov 02, 2012
Billyonaire: I see that you are loosing it already. So in essence you think that Gani's NCP are a bunch of nonentities when they call on Fashola to resign or be impeached ? I am waiting for Fashola to explain to me and the NCP why he connived with the military hierarchy in Lagos to deploy soldiers on the streets to maltreat Okadas (civilians). He did so illegally and must answer for it. Banning Okada is a great thing, but he has no constitutional legality to use the military, it is the very reason state police is not seeing the light of the day cos of the abuse of power. Fashola needs to apologize within 1 week.

..."conniving" with the military makes Fasola guilty of 'treasonable felony'. He's plotting a coup to topple the Federal govt maybe..."
Don't forget, Lagos is also the second largest Military's 'territory' that seated many Barracks and so they'll stop at nothing to forstall any outbreak of law and order 'in war terms'
If anybody can rally the military without the consent of the Executive, then anybody can...
Re: NCP Secretary Calls For Fashola’s Removal From Office by stpat1(m): 5:04am On Nov 02, 2012
@Prof, you have time o. I don't think I can expend so much time and energy just to enlighten some educated illiterates whose ignorance is in billions. There is something though, Fashola cannot order in the soldiers but he can solicit for their assistance and which I think is what he did.
Re: NCP Secretary Calls For Fashola’s Removal From Office by folahann(m): 5:07am On Nov 02, 2012
Abuja has okada on its major streets and it looks good. Lagos- the second capital- is trying to achieve same.
GEJ wishes the 2nd capital enjoy this sanity, hence soldiers.
Re: NCP Secretary Calls For Fashola’s Removal From Office by Nuezha(m): 5:14am On Nov 02, 2012
folahann: Abuja has okada on its major streets and it looks good. Lagos- the second capital- is trying to achieve same.
GEJ wishes the 2nd capital enjoy this sanity, hence soldiers.

Have you EVER being to Abuja?
2002, If at all you have!
Re: NCP Secretary Calls For Fashola’s Removal From Office by KINGwax(m): 5:17am On Nov 02, 2012
acidosis™:
Our dear husband Fashola the Hypocritical ruler.. grin

What do you have to say about this?
why not channel your power towards the tricky, lazy and inept idris of a figure-head called governor in your barren and flood-filled land-kogi state
Re: NCP Secretary Calls For Fashola’s Removal From Office by NegroNtns(m): 5:24am On Nov 02, 2012
thelastPope:

People like you are not majority. Not so many people are on the ACN payroll. You lot have been playing the ethnic card but that is failing now as witnessed during the last LGA election. Go on with your propaganda and lies. We are watching!

The majority says they are tired of chaos and disorderliness!
Re: NCP Secretary Calls For Fashola’s Removal From Office by naptu2: 5:27am On Nov 02, 2012
From memory

Comrade Ayodele Akele was a union leader in the Lagos State civil service. He led an illegal strike (only about half of the union participated) in the early 2000s and was consequently sacked. He went to court but lost the case.

He spent the next couple of years attacking Tinubu in the media.

He was the candidate of the NCP in the last election and drew laughter from the debate audience when he suggested that Lagos State can survive on revenue from coconut.

He was also laughed at when he said that Governor Fashola was making a mistake by building the Lagos Rail Transit System, instead of building an underground rail system

(Governor Fashola and the debate moderator asked him how he would finance an underground railway system and how it would be different from the LRT; he couldn't answer).
Re: NCP Secretary Calls For Fashola’s Removal From Office by Nobody: 5:31am On Nov 02, 2012
I don't give a damn! All Gov. Fashola is trying to do is to bring order and civility to an otherwise barbaric and uncivilized citizenry. The OKADA's constitute a major nuisance on our highways! Conspiring with the Military to enforce our rules So what? Abeg let Mr. Akele get a hobby.
Re: NCP Secretary Calls For Fashola’s Removal From Office by chucky234(m): 5:36am On Nov 02, 2012
Prof Corruption: Commissioners of Police are answerable to IG who in turn is answerable to Mr. President. Governors don't control them and that in part explains the clamour for state police. Ngige ruled Anambra for almost two years without police's protection. Soldiers? Governors don't even have any authority, real or imaginary, to mobilize soldiers. It's only the president and appropriately delegated authority that wield such powers.

If you see soldiers on Lagos streets, GEJ, not Fasola, should come to your mind.

Totally wrong,governors mobilizes soldiers in their states with GEJ's approval being the host states.
Re: NCP Secretary Calls For Fashola’s Removal From Office by NegroNtns(m): 5:40am On Nov 02, 2012
Prof Corruption:

In one post, you contradicted yourself. You meant Fasola unleashed operation MESA and thereafter asked GEJ to withdraw them? May be you are suffering from Romneynesia. GEJ sent soldiers to Lagos in January, he didn't even deny this. He withdrew them at the time of his convenience despite calls for immediate removal. Some of GEJ's soldiers brutalized Ben Nwabueze etc. These are on records.

In any case, there is nothing wrong in having a joint military-police formations in a mega city like Lagos. Police, not to talk of the ill trained Nigerian one, can not respond to all emergencies in a city like Lagos. A collaboration is not out of place and that collaboration was sought, approved by appropriate authority (Andrew Azazi corroborated this, you know) and that led to reduction in crime rate. Let's be faithful to history.

What's the crap of subsidy you are ranting about? Some of you folks are not even bright. ACN is a party in opposition, if you don't know. How they become a traitor for opposing the policy of an incumbent president is difficult to comprehend.

LASG sacked doctors that failed to respond to competent queries issued them. Not all doctors were sacked. They abandoned their jobs and consequently, were queried to explain why disciplinary action should not be taken against them. Those that responded saved their jobs, the recalcitrant ones were fired. Obviously, you can't dictate to your employer. But as a democrat that he was and still is, Fasola found a way to accommodate them. They are back at work.

Toll is a universal phenomenon. It's not Fasola's creation. Everywhere, in Europe, US, etc , you pay tolls. If a road is built on public private partnership, it's not out of place to have one or two on such road. If you are not comfortable paying such, use the alternative provided by government.

LASU fees are relatively high, I agree. But nothing comes free and Fasola is obviously not running free tertiary education in Lagos. LASU is not even the only school in the country. You can take your siblings to Federal or any less paying schools in the country. What I expect you to be advocating is scholarship schemes that reward excellent students such that if you son is brilliant but poor, he can still be educated.

Above all, if Fasola is just not your type of governor, it's too late, he ll finish his second term. Keep your voter's card till 2015. Remember, Fasola will not be contesting in any gubernatorial election again.

The same complaints and gnashing of teeth when Buhari and Idiagbon started war against indiscipline.....I conceed some of the tactics used may have been too harsh, but we must arrange our lives and future around some design of order and harmony and get rid of the filthy inhuman behaviors. Fashola is doing it boldly and in a democratic manner.....haters will not rest till they frustrate the efforts. These are people like i said that find a lifestyle of brute conduct and chaotic living more pleasant and in consonanse with their own spirit...they are not of the human specie even though they appear human., these are beasts.....descendants of those condemned to hop about on jungle treetops...living on a street level existence where order and courtesy prevails disturbs their being and nature and we see them in grief that Fashola clamps down on unruly disregard for road rules and safety.

We gonna chase the ba*tards back to their tree top habitats.
Re: NCP Secretary Calls For Fashola’s Removal From Office by Nobody: 5:49am On Nov 02, 2012
Prof Corruption:

grin grin grin grin grin grin How did Fasola deploy soldiers illegally? Billydullard, there is a chain of command in the military. Governors don't mobilize soldiers. None would even obey such command if any was issued.

To reinforce that see the transcript of Speech delivered by Fasola in January:

If you see soldiers anywhere in Lagos, GEJ, NOT Fasola, should come to your mind.
So GEJ is now pursuing okada men. Awesome, I would have told u that u are so full of shiit but let me reserve my comment
Re: NCP Secretary Calls For Fashola’s Removal From Office by NegroNtns(m): 5:54am On Nov 02, 2012
naptu2: From memory

Comrade Ayodele Akele was a union leader in the Lagos State civil service. He led an illegal strike (only about half of the union participated) in the early 2000s and was consequently sacked. He went to court but lost the case.

He spent the next couple of years attacking Tinubu in the media.

He was the candidate of the NCP in the last election and drew laughter from the debate audience when he suggested that Lagos State can survive on revenue from coconut.

He was also laughed at when he said that Governor Fashola was making a mistake by building the Lagos Rail Transit System, instead of building an underground rail system

(Governor Fashola and the debate moderator asked him how he would finance an underground railway system and how it would be different from the LRT; he couldn't answer).

Naptu, thanks for the factfinding!

I wonder how hes going to tunnell an underground rail system in a land where the average altitude is only about 10ft or less above sea level. Lagos has problem with locating cemetary on higher grounds so bodies can stay underground, much more finding a elevation above the water table for iron and steel to traverse.

Akele should be banned from politics..
Re: NCP Secretary Calls For Fashola’s Removal From Office by Ezennaemeka1(m): 6:21am On Nov 02, 2012
acidosis™:
Our dear husband Fashola the Hypocritical ruler.. grin

What do you have to say about this?
lolz, thought I saw some people's writting here saying that he's the messiah?
Re: NCP Secretary Calls For Fashola’s Removal From Office by Nobody: 6:24am On Nov 02, 2012
Prof Corruption:

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin You must be one of Sagamite's Fucktards. Illegallly deploying soldiers to crush Okada? Can you give what you don't have?
Fasola had to write a passionate letter begging GEJ to withdraw soldiers on the streets on Lagos in January yet you are here saying the same man mobilized soldiers. Hold GEJ responsible if you see soldiers on the streets of Lagos.

Man GEJ has nothing to do with crushing okadas in Lagos, can you guys stop blaming GEJ for once. Fashola is responsible and he conspired with military chiefs in the state to carry out that assignment and GEJ is not away so get that into your head, now wht GEJ will do is to order their withdrawal.
Re: NCP Secretary Calls For Fashola’s Removal From Office by NegroNtns(m): 6:26am On Nov 02, 2012
Eze nnaemeka:
lolz, thought I saw some people's writting here saying that he's the messiah?

Is he not? You need people like myself as Lagos state governor for you to appreciate Fashola.

...fvck the constitution I will impose customary laws of the land on y'all a*ses
Re: NCP Secretary Calls For Fashola’s Removal From Office by Nobody: 6:26am On Nov 02, 2012
Fashola didn't order the soldiers to crush bike but yet
he was able to complain with his fellow party men during fuel subsidy for soldiers to leave the streets of lagos.
he also arrested an army officer using his BRT bus lane.
i guess that was not fashola carrying his official duties, but his uncles...
Re: NCP Secretary Calls For Fashola’s Removal From Office by adieora(f): 6:27am On Nov 02, 2012
Pls they sud leave Fashola already.Lagos is not the only state where bikes were banned.Same thing happened in Enugu.Fashola is the man with a plan,abeg free him to make Lagos beautiful.

1 Like

Re: NCP Secretary Calls For Fashola’s Removal From Office by Nobody: 6:27am On Nov 02, 2012
D Gov is a traitor,only interpreting his masters script Tinubu.What alternative do they have to provide jobs.very draconian govt,I remember how he used force to quell d toll gate riot.

He should do his time n gerrout!!
Re: NCP Secretary Calls For Fashola’s Removal From Office by aljharem(m): 6:36am On Nov 02, 2012
God bless Governor fashola. These so called Okada need an iron hand.

How can a governor of a state pass a law in favour of the masses but because of short sightedness, okadas are still roaming about

There is a yoruba saying that goes Egba ni ogun were (A cane use for flogging is the cure to madness). He who says Lagosians would not sleep, him mama too no go sleep.

Fashola Please tell the soldiers to be in the INNER ROADS not the main roads.

Okadas are a menaces to the society
Re: NCP Secretary Calls For Fashola’s Removal From Office by aljharem(m): 6:38am On Nov 02, 2012
adieora: Pls they sud leave Fashola already.Lagos is not the only state where bikes were banned.Same thing happened in Enugu.Fashola is the man with a plan,abeg free him to make Lagos beautiful.

Thank you my sister

Are you minding them. Most of the people talking here have plans for their state of origin. The same iddeiots want Lagos to be a dirty inhabitable place.
Re: NCP Secretary Calls For Fashola’s Removal From Office by naptu2: 6:47am On Nov 02, 2012
My thoughts on this:

1) Fashola did not "ban okada". He only restricted their operations to certain roads. It was Delta State that banned okada. https://www.nairaland.com/1090220/okada-ban-delta-starts-today

2) The military and police take their primary directives from the President and service chiefs. The governor of a state, as chief security officer, can also issue directives which the armed forces and police will obey, so long as it does not conflict with the directives of the president and service chiefs.

3) The whole fuel subsidy/soldiers on street issue was just a simple trick, which any unbiased and intelligent person can see through.

A) The Lagos State Government requested that soldiers should be deployed to a security outfit (Operation Mesa) to fight the rising wave of armed robbery. This was at least a year before the fuel subsidy issue. The presidency and defence headquarters agreed.

B) During the fuel subsidy protest, the Federal Government deployed these soldiers to stop the demonstrations, without the knowledge of the Lagos State Government (indeed, the governor was invited to Abuja, to ensure that he was not in the state when the action was carried out).

C) The Federal Government was accused of "sending soldiers to Lagos" or "deploying soldiers to Lagos". The Federal Government stated (truthfully) that they did not "send soldiers to Lagos". That the soldiers were deployed to O.P Mesa at the request of the LASG.

However, the relevant questions are (1) When were they sent to Lagos (ans: at least a year before the subsidy protest) (2) who ordered them to stop the protest(ans: the federal government) (3) why were they initially deployed to O.P Mesa (ans: to fight armed robbery).

I'll be back to give my suggestions.

1 Like

Re: NCP Secretary Calls For Fashola’s Removal From Office by sheyma: 6:47am On Nov 02, 2012
Fashola reminds me of Hitler, fashola is looking for ways to extint the poor frm lagos.
Re: NCP Secretary Calls For Fashola’s Removal From Office by Ejine(m): 6:48am On Nov 02, 2012
KINGwax: why not channel your power towards the tricky, lazy and inept idris of a figure-head called governor in your barren and flood-filled land-kogi state

And the regional bigotry rears its head, courtesy of our resident 'progressives'.
Re: NCP Secretary Calls For Fashola’s Removal From Office by naptu2: 6:50am On Nov 02, 2012
By the way, Comrade Akele is known for saying fantastic things that he can't back up. He has often been disgraced for this reason. When asked to provide facts and asked questions like why, when, how, etc he is unable to reply, but instead delves into his usual Marxist rhetoric.
Re: NCP Secretary Calls For Fashola’s Removal From Office by naptu2: 6:52am On Nov 02, 2012
I wrote this on the Delta thread.

naptu2: In 1987 General Babangida inaugurated the integrated mass transit system, but unfortunately it wasn't implemented until recently when the Lagos State Government took up the idea. We should push for the implementation of this policy as a solution to our transport problems.

When moving from one district of a city to the other people should use BRT, rail or ferry systems. Bus stops should be built at ferry terminals and train stations so that commuters can easily go from one mode of transport to the other.

Mini bus taxis (danfo), motorcycle taxis (okada) and auto-rickshaws (keker Marwa) should primarily ply routes within a district.

Some of the okada riders might take to crime, but that will be a minority. Majority will have the moral boundary that will prevent them from taking to crime. They'll become porters (wheel barrow pushers) at markets, vegetable and fruit sellers, cobblers, etc. (Remember, there are other options apart from crime and okada).

My belief.
I believe we should pressurise state governments to implement multi-modal transport solutions. How come only Lagos State has a BRT system?

I also believe that skills acquisition centres should be set up for those who may lose their source of livelihood because of the ban on okada operations. They should be taught carpentry, tailoring, soap making, etc.

1 Like

Re: NCP Secretary Calls For Fashola’s Removal From Office by Ejine(m): 6:52am On Nov 02, 2012
And now, according to our ever so progressive howlers, na the President the pursue okada now.

Chei grin
Re: NCP Secretary Calls For Fashola’s Removal From Office by folahann(m): 6:56am On Nov 02, 2012
Nuezha:

Have you EVER being to Abuja?
2002, If at all you have!

Sorry o, slip of finger. Wanted to say 'Abuja has okada BANNED on major street'
u have know since the latter part of my post didn't corres-p

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Order Ladoja’s Arrest - EFCC To Court, Over N4.7bn Fraud / Fulanization Agenda Only Exists On Minds Of PDP, Obasanjo – Kachi Iheme / Jangebe Abduction: Number Of Abductes Not Known - Zamfara Government

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 78
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.