Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,543 members, 7,819,931 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 07:01 AM

How Can One Determine The Sex Of Their Unborn Baby? - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / How Can One Determine The Sex Of Their Unborn Baby? (33382 Views)

Picture Of Demon Watching Over Unborn Baby In An Ultrasound Scan / I Don't Know How And What To Shop For My Unborn Child / How Can Couples Determine The Sex Of Thier Baby? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Can One Determine The Sex Of Their Unborn Baby? by timbros(m): 4:07am On Nov 02, 2012
I often hear that one can determine the sex of his/her unborn child either by how and when intercourse is performed.
Doctors in the house, I want to ask, is it possible? If yes, what are the techniques to go about it?

Detailed but yet simple comments are well appreciated.

N.B: I'm sure a topic like this must have been discussed somewhere in here, sorry i had to create it again. Any link to similar topic will be appreciated too..

1 Like

Re: How Can One Determine The Sex Of Their Unborn Baby? by chrisj2000(m): 4:18pm On Nov 03, 2012
if you want a male child, deposit the sperm two days before the middle of ovulation. i.e if the woman's menstrual cycle is 28 days, her peak fertile day is on the 14th day in her menstrual cycle. sperm needs to be deposited on the 12th and 13th day to produce a male baby. any deposit from 14th 15th and 16th day is more likely to be female.

4 Likes

Re: How Can One Determine The Sex Of Their Unborn Baby? by timbros(m): 4:59pm On Nov 03, 2012
chrisj2000: if you want a male child, deposit the sperm two days before the middle of ovulation. i.e if the woman's menstrual cycle is 28 days, her peak fertile day is on the 14th day in her menstrual cycle. sperm needs to be deposited on the 12th and 13th day to produce a male baby. any deposit from 14th 15th and 16th day is more likely to be female.

Finally a comment! grin

Thanks, i learn something here.
Re: How Can One Determine The Sex Of Their Unborn Baby? by dominique(f): 7:18pm On Nov 03, 2012
Don't agree with your theory. Its the sperm that determines the gender of the baby not the egg. The sperm containing female chromosomes (xx) swims faster than xy chromosomes. I read somewhere that for those trying for female,the woman should lift her pelvis up for a minute after release for a min. There's a bigger chance of having a girl child. Don't know hw true that is tho.

chrisj2000: if you want a male child, deposit the sperm two days before the middle of ovulation. i.e if the woman's menstrual cycle is 28 days, her peak fertile day is on the 14th day in her menstrual cycle. sperm needs to be deposited on the 12th and 13th day to produce a male baby. any deposit from 14th 15th and 16th day is more likely to be female.

1 Like

Re: How Can One Determine The Sex Of Their Unborn Baby? by timbros(m): 8:16pm On Nov 03, 2012
dominique: Don't agree with your theory. Its the sperm that determines the gender of the baby not the egg. The sperm containing female chromosomes (xx) swims faster than xy chromosomes. I read somewhere that for those trying for female,the woman should lift her pelvis up for a minute after release for a min. There's a bigger chance of having a girl child. Don't know hw true that is tho.

So your here saying its how one has intercourse not when that determines sex of the baby?
Re: How Can One Determine The Sex Of Their Unborn Baby? by surveyProf(m): 10:47am On Nov 04, 2012
^^^
She is correct to some extent!!!
Re: How Can One Determine The Sex Of Their Unborn Baby? by timbros(m): 4:21pm On Nov 04, 2012
surveyProf: ^^^
She is correct to some extent!!!

hmmm...So how should it be done if one wants a male child?

N.B: Please my questions should not be misunderstood that i am desperately in need of a particular sex. I am curious by nature and i like knowing everything on any subject, hence the questions.
Keep the comments coming...
Re: How Can One Determine The Sex Of Their Unborn Baby? by chrisj2000(m): 3:37pm On Nov 05, 2012
dominique: Don't agree with your theory. Its the sperm that determines the gender of the baby not the egg. The sperm containing female chromosomes (xx) swims faster than xy chromosomes. I read somewhere that for those trying for female,the woman should lift her pelvis up for a minute after release for a min. There's a bigger chance of having a girl child. Don't know hw true that is tho.

mine is no theory. the xx chromosomes swims faster than xy chromosomes. the xy chromosomes outlive the xx chromosome and they are stronger as well. the logic in depositing fluid before the ovule is released from the avery is to make sure that xy chromosomes are already there. once they are there, whether the xx chromosomes are present or not, the xy wins the race of fertilizing the egg. this proven and 100% accurate.

2 Likes

Re: How Can One Determine The Sex Of Their Unborn Baby? by honeychild(f): 8:20pm On Nov 05, 2012
So which is the male and which the female? I thot d male being xx swims faster but does not last as long while d female xy is slower but lasts longer. To have a boy, meet after ovulatn. D faster xx gets 2 d egg first and fertilises it. If u meet days before ovulatn d male xx would have died off leaving only d female xy. Please do correct me if I have gotten it all mixed up smiley.

3 Likes

Re: How Can One Determine The Sex Of Their Unborn Baby? by dominique(f): 8:49pm On Nov 05, 2012
chrisj2000:

mine is no theory. the xx chromosomes swims faster than xy chromosomes. the xy chromosomes outlive the xx chromosome and they are stronger as well. the logic in depositing fluid before the ovule is released from the avery is to make sure that xy chromosomes are already there. once they are there, whether the xx chromosomes are present or not, the xy wins the race of fertilizing the egg. this proven and 100% accurate.

your post a initially confusing but i realised you meant ovum and ovary. That means the trick is knowing exactly when you ovulate. Some women dont know when exactly their fertile period is, so its going to be a bit tricky for them.
Re: How Can One Determine The Sex Of Their Unborn Baby? by timbros(m): 10:12pm On Nov 05, 2012
dominique:

your post a initially confusing but i realised you meant ovum and ovary. That means the trick is knowing exactly when you ovulate. Some women dont know when exactly their fertile period is, so its going to be a bit tricky for them.

So how can a woman prescisely calculate her fertile period correctly?
Re: How Can One Determine The Sex Of Their Unborn Baby? by timbros(m): 10:15pm On Nov 05, 2012
honeychild: So which is the male and which the female? I thot d male being xx swims faster but does not last as long while d female xy is slower but lasts longer. To have a boy, meet after ovulatn. D faster xx gets 2 d egg first and fertilises it. If u meet days before ovulatn d male xx would have died off leaving only d female xy. Please do correct me if I have gotten it all mixed up smiley.

According to dominique, xx is female while xy is male...
Re: How Can One Determine The Sex Of Their Unborn Baby? by chrisj2000(m): 4:11pm On Nov 06, 2012
dominique:

sorry for my wrong spelling, i meant ovum and ovary. peak fertility period is the middle of menstrual cycle which varies in women,ranging from 28 to 32 days. for those whose menstrual cycle is 28 days, the ovum is released on the 14th day and that is peak fertility day.
Re: How Can One Determine The Sex Of Their Unborn Baby? by obi123: 12:32pm On Nov 07, 2012
If you want a boy:
We know that the 'male' sperm cells, which carry a Y-chromosome, swim more quickly than the 'female' sperm cells, which carry an X-chromosome, but will die off faster as well, so you and your partner will have to be sure that you are as close to 100% certain that you ovulating, then you would have sex closer to that ovulation date.

This allows the faster swimming 'male' sperm to swim off to the waiting female egg and fertilize it before the slower swimming 'female' sperm reach their destination.

If you want a girl:
Well, it is really simple now that you see the pattern. If are planning for a girl then it is best to make love at least two days before you ovulate, as this will allow the faster swimming 'male' sperm to swim off, burn up their energy and die off, leaving the slower swimming ''female' sperm to arrive to a ripe and ready female egg that is still waiting to be fertilized.

Other factors to bear in mind:
Men should refrain from any kind of sexual activity for at least 2-4 weeks prior to the set date of your ovulation.

You could bathe your partners testicles in cool water, as a lower temperate is more appropriate for strong healthy sperm cells. Just also be aware not to make it too cold, as too cold a temperature may have the same effect as a high temperature.

Males should wear loose fitting boxers, as opposed to the traditional underwear for the reasons mentioned above.

carry go Timbros no dulling, let us know how u get on

http://www.pregnancy-calendars.net/determine_sex.aspx#.UJpGjlvdX6U

1 Like

Re: How Can One Determine The Sex Of Their Unborn Baby? by TableLeg(m): 12:33pm On Nov 07, 2012
Daft theory
Re: How Can One Determine The Sex Of Their Unborn Baby? by idowuswap: 12:35pm On Nov 07, 2012
See mumu peeps they want 2 know work of JAH.my friend born 4 boiz.and he still want 2 born girl.nairaland get sense animallllll

1 Like

Re: How Can One Determine The Sex Of Their Unborn Baby? by KINGwax(m): 12:36pm On Nov 07, 2012
After u finish disturbing yourself, holla at me at that peppersoup joint.
a lady's exact ovulation period can't never be pin pointed. Even the calender application will tell u your period not when it started or the period it'll last. ovulation period can occur twice mid-cycle. And it can change even by simple sex, reaction to condom, nature of fluid deposited etc.

peppersoup joint jare. Holla at me when done
Re: How Can One Determine The Sex Of Their Unborn Baby? by nikkyshyne(f): 12:37pm On Nov 07, 2012
Have intercourse during the days of 'pap' before ovulation and stay off. That is like 2 or 3 days before expected day of ovulation. Reasons being that the Y chromosomes(boys) swims much slower and will get to the egg on the expected day of ovulation. The X chromosomes(girls) swims much faster and would have been exhausted before the day the eggs comes out.

I read this somewhere.
Re: How Can One Determine The Sex Of Their Unborn Baby? by Hunkyimage(m): 12:37pm On Nov 07, 2012
honeychild: So which is the male and which the female? I thot d male being xx swims faster but does not last as long while d female xy is slower but lasts longer. To have a boy, meet after ovulatn. D faster xx gets 2 d egg first and fertilises it. If u meet days before ovulatn d male xx would have died off leaving only d female xy. Please do correct me if I have gotten it all mixed up smiley.
Point of correçtiôn:i think u mixed it up a bit, d male tadpole is xy while d female counterpart îz xx, or am i d only 1 noticing it?
Re: How Can One Determine The Sex Of Their Unborn Baby? by timbros(m): 12:41pm On Nov 07, 2012
obi123: If you want a boy:
We know that the 'male' sperm cells, which carry a Y-chromosome, swim more quickly than the 'female' sperm cells, which carry an X-chromosome, but will die off faster as well, so you and your partner will have to be sure that you are as close to 100% certain that you ovulating, then you would have sex closer to that ovulation date.

This allows the faster swimming 'male' sperm to swim off to the waiting female egg and fertilize it before the slower swimming 'female' sperm reach their destination.

If you want a girl:
Well, it is really simple now that you see the pattern. If are planning for a girl then it is best to make love at least two days before you ovulate, as this will allow the faster swimming 'male' sperm to swim off, burn up their energy and die off, leaving the slower swimming ''female' sperm to arrive to a ripe and ready female egg that is still waiting to be fertilized.

Other factors to bear in mind:
Men should refrain from any kind of sexual activity for at least 2-4 weeks prior to the set date of your ovulation.

You could bathe your partners testicles in cool water, as a lower temperate is more appropriate for strong healthy sperm cells. Just also be aware not to make it too cold, as too cold a temperature may have the same effect as a high temperature.

Males should wear loose fitting boxers, as opposed to the traditional underwear for the reasons mentioned above.

carry go Timbros no dulling, let us know how u get on

Hmmmm quite informative.

@bolded: wow this is my first time of hearing this smiley
Re: How Can One Determine The Sex Of Their Unborn Baby? by timbros(m): 12:45pm On Nov 07, 2012
There are confusing infos here.

Which of the chromosomes swims faster? Male or female? Which is xx and which is xy?

Clarification please!
Re: How Can One Determine The Sex Of Their Unborn Baby? by Nobody: 12:45pm On Nov 07, 2012
neither the fluid (semen) nor the chromosomes swims, it is the sperm cells containing either x or y chromosomes that swims.
Re: How Can One Determine The Sex Of Their Unborn Baby? by obi123: 12:49pm On Nov 07, 2012
timbros:

Hmmmm quite informative.

@bolded: wow this is my first time of hearing this smiley

i wonder if it is to save it for the main thing
Re: How Can One Determine The Sex Of Their Unborn Baby? by nikkyshyne(f): 12:51pm On Nov 07, 2012
timbros: There are confusing infos here.

Which of the chromosomes swims faster? Male or female? Which is xx and which is xy?

Clarification please!
The female chromosomes(XX) swims faster.
The male chromosomes(XY) swims slower.

XY(male) swims faster.
Re: How Can One Determine The Sex Of Their Unborn Baby? by andyanders: 12:54pm On Nov 07, 2012
timbros:

hmmm...So how should it be done if one wants a male child?

N.B: Please my questions should not be misunderstood that i am desperately in need of a particular sex. I am curious by nature and i like knowing everything on any subject, hence the questions.
Keep the comments coming...

Turn your woman upside down and enter. That way you get any type of child you want. Oh let her look outside the widow when you are inside from behind. Let her be looking straight to the kind of child she prefers and by the time you come, the baby will be in their. Try that this night.

1 Like

Re: How Can One Determine The Sex Of Their Unborn Baby? by Koolking(m): 12:57pm On Nov 07, 2012
Table Leg :

Daft theory

Let us have your professional take on this sir. We are here to brainstorm. Thanks
Re: How Can One Determine The Sex Of Their Unborn Baby? by Nobody: 12:59pm On Nov 07, 2012
Before yanshing,take all d neccesary herbs: Ale,afato,monkey tail,soldier root,draw,tasty,opaeyin,white,pelebe,jedi,etc. Mix them together,walai,she go born male twins.

1 Like

Re: How Can One Determine The Sex Of Their Unborn Baby? by Koolking(m): 1:02pm On Nov 07, 2012
obi123: If you want a boy:

^Quite informative sir. Thank you
Re: How Can One Determine The Sex Of Their Unborn Baby? by KINGwax(m): 1:09pm On Nov 07, 2012
nikkyshyne: Have intercourse during the days of 'pap' before ovulation and stay off. That is like 2 or 3 days before expected day of ovulation. Reasons being that the Y chromosomes(boys) swims much slower and will get to the egg on the expected day of ovulation. The X chromosomes(girls) swims much faster and would have been exhausted before the day the eggs comes out.

I read this somewhere.
keep reading o. Small time now people go dey complain say dem papa born pikin with two heads and four legs.
Consider this scenario:
u do somethin on monday, spërm released. But egg no come release until on thursday. That spërm don swim around e don weak before egg show. So the spërm don faint. On friday, u do another one and come see spërms dey rush for survival. As one of them one come rush enter na im he by mistake, push that fainted one inside, they come join together. Parts wey go form d head still dey breathe small small while the tail don die. Both the new and old one kukuma manage the little space for the egg area. Shebi dem be brothers before? Now tell me, if that woman now born child with two heads in one body u go dey blame God? They read dey go o. Why u no kukuma jes fucck and expect children. Which one no be person?

1 Like

Re: How Can One Determine The Sex Of Their Unborn Baby? by eduson55(m): 1:13pm On Nov 07, 2012
[size=18pt]if you want a male child,
just push your legs towards the wall and use all your muscle and strength
to do the fu*cking..
try to shout as loud as you can when the thing is coming out.you will see the result..[/size]

okoro bobo...CONTINUE BELIVING SCIENTISTS.BETTER GO AND PRAY.

1 Like

Re: How Can One Determine The Sex Of Their Unborn Baby? by timmy7(m): 1:14pm On Nov 07, 2012

I also read somewhere that it is actually y chromosome (which determines the male sex) that moves faster than x chromosome however, y chromosome has a shorter life span in d vagina spending between 18 to 24 hrs before dying while x chromosome can spend 3 days maximum. So, with this info op you can do ur permutation and combination as you like grin

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Policeman Dies After Complaining Of Headache. Photos / Mexican Woman Cut Open By Assailants Who Stole Her Unborn Baby / Lagos Records Another Coronavirus Death. Total Of 14 COVID-19 Deaths In Lagos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.