Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,016 members, 7,817,994 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 02:40 AM

How A Wife Can Be The Glory Of Her Husband - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / How A Wife Can Be The Glory Of Her Husband (3488 Views)

Uk-based Wife Disrupts Wedding Between Her Husband & New Wife - pics / My Father's Advice To Me When I Was Searching For A Wife... / Which Wife Can Accept This? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How A Wife Can Be The Glory Of Her Husband by Timijo(m): 6:54pm On Nov 02, 2012
As a wife or wife to be, if you want to be the pride and glory of your husband, these points will help you as you practise them.

1. Be organized with cleaning, grocery shopping, laundry and cooking. As you fulfill your God-given responsibilities, your husband is then free to do his work.
2. Save some of your energy every day for him. Don't over work yourself so that you can feed him whenever he is hungry for it.
3. Put him first over the children, your parents, friends, job, religous activities studies, etc.
4. Willingly and cheerfully rearrange your schedule for him when necessary. Don't say you are a career woman. Remember, behind every successful man there is always a virtous woman.
5. Talk about him in a positive light to others. Do not slander him at all, even if what you are saying is true. Do whatever you can to make him look good , to accomplish his goals. Some examples are offer to run errands for him, organize you day to be available to help him with his projects, pray for him and make good suggestions. Give him the freedom not to use our suggestion, and do not be offended if he does not follow it.
6. Think of specific ways that you can help him accomplish goals. Examples are get up early in the mornings to help him get of to work having had a good breakfast and making him lunch, and keep careful records of money spent to keep up with the budget.
7. Be warm and gracious to his family and friends. Make your commitment to him obvious to them. Don't be hostile or rude to anyone of them
8. Do and say things that build him up instead of tearing him down.
9. Dress and apply your makeup in an attractive manner that is pleasing to your husband.
10. When your husband offends you, reprove him privately and gently, always giving him hope and pointing him to the Lord.
11 - As a wife you should never, I MEAN EVER, underestimate the power of your words in regards to how you speak to your husband.  You should be his PRIMARY source of encouragement.  The words you speak to him and about him in front of others carry more weight than you could EVER imagine.
12 - A woman who attempts to manipulate/control her husband through emotional outbursts, crying and temper tantrums is NOT focused on what is best for the marriage but rather obsessed with getting her way…which always leads to division in the marriage relationship.
(AND…btw… a woman who is emotionally out of control is always out of control in another area of her life…it just usually becomes obvious in her emotions!)
13. ery man wants to know that he can trust his wife .  Be trustworthy!  It takes a man longer to be open with his heart/feelings…and when heopens up you need to be trusted with that information.  If you take what he tells you and use it as a conversation piece with your girlfriends and he finds out it is going to be incredibly difficult for him to trust you in the future.

14 - Your husband cannot read your mind.  He cannot understand how you feel.  This isn’t a game…it’s marriage.  If something is wrong then select the right moment, speak the truth in love and do not attack him when you share what is on your heart.  The goal isn’t to win an argument but solve the problem.

15 - How you speak about him in front of your children either sets him up for success or failure as a father.  If you constantly tear him down to your kids then they will see him as you see him, have no respect for him and in the future when you need him to help out with explanation or discipline your children will not listen to him because of the foundation of disrespect that you put down.

16 - Your character is the most important quality in your life in regards to what your husband wants/needs the most from you.
17.  Spend as much time developing yourself internally as you do in regards to external appearances!.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: How A Wife Can Be The Glory Of Her Husband by greatgod2012(f): 8:16pm On Nov 02, 2012
I observe dt all ur threads are usually associated with marriage.

Are u a marriage counsellor?
Re: How A Wife Can Be The Glory Of Her Husband by Nobody: 11:06pm On Nov 03, 2012
Timijo: As a wife or wife to be, if you want to be the pride and glory of your husband, these points will help you as you practise them.

1. Be organized with cleaning, grocery shopping, laundry and cooking. As you fulfill your God-given responsibilities, your husband is then free to do his work.
2. Save some of your energy every day for him. Don't over work yourself so that you can feed him whenever he is hungry for it.
3. Put him first over the children, your parents, friends, job, religous activities studies, etc.
4. Willingly and cheerfully rearrange your schedule for him when necessary. Don't say you are a career woman. Remember, behind every successful man there is always a virtous woman.
5. Talk about him in a positive light to others. Do not slander him at all, even if what you are saying is true. Do whatever you can to make him look good , to accomplish his goals. Some examples are offer to run errands for him, organize you day to be available to help him with his projects, pray for him and make good suggestions. Give him the freedom not to use our suggestion, and do not be offended if he does not follow it.
6. Think of specific ways that you can help him accomplish goals. Examples are get up early in the mornings to help him get of to work having had a good breakfast and making him lunch, and keep careful records of money spent to keep up with the budget.
7. Be warm and gracious to his family and friends. Make your commitment to him obvious to them. Don't be hostile or rude to anyone of them
8. Do and say things that build him up instead of tearing him down.
9. Dress and apply your makeup in an attractive manner that is pleasing to your husband.
10. When your husband offends you, reprove him privately and gently, always giving him hope and pointing him to the Lord.
11 - As a wife you should never, I MEAN EVER, underestimate the power of your words in regards to how you speak to your husband.  You should be his PRIMARY source of encouragement.  The words you speak to him and about him in front of others carry more weight than you could EVER imagine.
12 - A woman who attempts to manipulate/control her husband through emotional outbursts, crying and temper tantrums is NOT focused on what is best for the marriage but rather obsessed with getting her way…which always leads to division in the marriage relationship.
(AND…btw… a woman who is emotionally out of control is always out of control in another area of her life…it just usually becomes obvious in her emotions!)
13. ery man wants to know that he can trust his wife .  Be trustworthy!  It takes a man longer to be open with his heart/feelings…and when heopens up you need to be trusted with that information.  If you take what he tells you and use it as a conversation piece with your girlfriends and he finds out it is going to be incredibly difficult for him to trust you in the future.

14 - Your husband cannot read your mind.  He cannot understand how you feel.  This isn’t a game…it’s marriage.  If something is wrong then select the right moment, speak the truth in love and do not attack him when you share what is on your heart.  The goal isn’t to win an argument but solve the problem.

15 - How you speak about him in front of your children either sets him up for success or failure as a father.  If you constantly tear him down to your kids then they will see him as you see him, have no respect for him and in the future when you need him to help out with explanation or discipline your children will not listen to him because of the foundation of disrespect that you put down.

16 - Your character is the most important quality in your life in regards to what your husband wants/needs the most from you.
17.  Spend as much time developing yourself internally as you do in regards to external appearances!.

@tim
Why are men so self centred? You come first before your own children? grin
Re: How A Wife Can Be The Glory Of Her Husband by SewaGRITS(f): 12:03am On Nov 04, 2012
These are some good points. For a marriage, or any relationship to work, the love for that person and the commitment to the relationship should prompt us to want to give 100% of ourselves. If I give 100% (of love, commitment, respect, generosity, compassion, forgiveness, etc) and he gives 100% then we have the makings of the best relationship. Problem is that many people (male and female) want to give based on what they perceive they are getting because it's all about making sure "I'm a get what I need" me mentality rather then giving all you can irrespective of the inherent vulnerability and risk involved. That is also why it's vitally important to be patient, open your eyes, watch and wait for someone with the same level of work and commitment to marry.
I also agree husband and wife relationship supersedes father and mother or any other relationship. The husband and wife role is a sacred role and at the end of our lives it will be he and I together when all kids, relatives, and parents are gone. Hopefully thru our love and commitment to each other we are teaching our kids what real love is as well so they will recognize it and not be fooled by counterfeit Hollywood, romance novel versions of love. Thanks for the post :-)
Re: How A Wife Can Be The Glory Of Her Husband by Timijo(m): 10:36am On Nov 04, 2012
jidegirl12:

@tim
Why are men so self centred? You come first before your own children? grin
Not all men are selfish. If u meet a God fearing man, u wil enjoy him and ever be greatful to God..
Re: How A Wife Can Be The Glory Of Her Husband by Nobody: 10:56am On Nov 04, 2012
I agree with some points especially the throwing tantrums one, that one irritates me to my bones. Say what you want and both act like adults.
I disagree on some as working wives are not super women and may not be able to do it all, I gave up on doing it all a long time ago, my husband doesnt even want that, he just wants me relaxed and having time to hang out and have fun with him. Controversially I agree on loving your spouse more than the kids because at the end of the day it is you and your spouse who battle it out, na two of us dey sweat to pay bills, train and discipline the kids, maybe because I see the way some people in bad marriages replace their spouse with a child and fight each other to gain popularity with the kids, I believe a couple should love each other first, the kids will grow up and leave and it will be you two left, so when all the time is spent on the kids and the husband getting his entertainment elsewhere the golf widens over the years.
Couples should work together, love each other and give a united loving front to their kids thats the best love.
Over all great tips but not every woman is a super woman, even women who dont work may not be able to do it all. When I am fully back to work I travel at least once in 2 weeks, I work and have a business where I wan get power to make breakfast and lunch everyday? My husband leaves by 9 I leave by 7.30, will i make the breakfast and let it be cold when he wakes up to go to work later? We try to have lunch together at a restaurant when we can but make sure we are home in time for family dinner, sometimes we cook sometimes he picks up food on his way back or suya, chicken or something not to heavy, my point is whatever works for each family in terms of arrangement, it is not a must that we must do everything as it fits into another family's schedule. Let spouses speak with each other and know what works for them so one is not worn out and tired and one doesnt feel used , ignored and frustrated trying to do everything
I sort out the clothes he gets them to the laundry, like I said even a housewife can get over whelmed by all you outlines and still have to look fresh and have energy for night duty, alongside trying to attend to the children during the day.
Call it being lazy and I have admitted that I am 'Lazy and a happy calm wife" but the belief that a woman must be super woman to have a happy home I consider deeply flawed, you end up having an over worked tired angry wife and a husband who has to catch fun outside because madam is really busy doing it all and tired
Just seeing No 1, I totally disagree oh, where did God mention cooking, laundry and cleaning as a womans God given responsibility, show me scriptures abeg, not interpretation just scriptures, let us differentiate between our traditions and Gods Laws

2 Likes

Re: How A Wife Can Be The Glory Of Her Husband by Nobody: 10:57am On Nov 04, 2012
Double post
Re: How A Wife Can Be The Glory Of Her Husband by minute(f): 11:05am On Nov 04, 2012
Sounds like a modern stepford wife.

Where is the 3year old? The baby is crying and need fed and changed. Dinner burned and ruined because

the dog got out and had to chase it down . . . Dr called and said the 3year old has strep throat and

needs meds right away at the the pharmacy. The carpet cleaner called to say he running late and wont be

here until about time hubby come home. . .etc etc.

Marriage is a two way street. The days of the Cleaver are over! Women work (in and out of the home)and

need hubby to help with the chores too.

2 Likes

Re: How A Wife Can Be The Glory Of Her Husband by Nobody: 11:13am On Nov 04, 2012
minute: Sounds like a modern stepford wife.

Where is the 3year old? The baby is crying and need fed and changed. Dinner burned and ruined because

the dog got out and had to chase it down . . . Dr called and said the 3year old has strep throat and

needs meds right away at the the pharmacy. The carpet cleaner called to say he running late and wont be

Marriage is a two way street. The days of the Cleaver are over! Women work (in and out of the home)and

gbam my dear, gas finishes in the middle of cooking and you go to light stove only to discover the wig has chopped, another wahala, then you put in a new wig and it burns as slow as ever. Lol, I bow for women who can do all Timijo has said 24/7. They deserve an award
Re: How A Wife Can Be The Glory Of Her Husband by 9lifes(m): 11:26am On Nov 04, 2012
Find what works for you and always keep the communication door wide open!

Too many rules,and yet divorce rate is going higher everyday.
Re: How A Wife Can Be The Glory Of Her Husband by safeLove(f): 11:30am On Nov 04, 2012
debrief08:
gbam my dear, gas finishes in the middle of cooking and you go to light stove only to discover the wig has chopped, another wahala, then you put in a new wig and it burns as slow as ever. Lol, I bow for women who can do all Timijo has said 24/7. They deserve an award

Lolllsss!!
Re: How A Wife Can Be The Glory Of Her Husband by Nobody: 11:33am On Nov 04, 2012
safeLove:

Lolllsss!!
heheheheheee, Sister, e be like say gas don finish for you before
Re: How A Wife Can Be The Glory Of Her Husband by safeLove(f): 12:09pm On Nov 04, 2012
debrief08:
heheheheheee, Sister, e be like say gas don finish for you before

Ha! Plenty times. We started buying extra cylinder sef. One happened when I was catering for an event and I was already running behind schedule. I had to call for another one. It wasn't funny then sha,but, I thank God.
Re: How A Wife Can Be The Glory Of Her Husband by Nobody: 12:28pm On Nov 04, 2012
safeLove:

Ha! Plenty times. We started buying extra cylinder sef. One happened when I was catering for an event and I was already running behind schedule. I had to call for another one. It wasn't funny then sha,but, I thank God.
I can imagine, It happened to me once I was making food for some kids for breaking of fast, I had already told the orphanage that i was cooking that day I had already called Hubby to come back and take it, this was around 5, there is hold up at that time and break of fast was 6.30, na so gas finish oh, see race against time, stove no gree, hubby had to buy a totally new cylinder on his way home with gas in it, that almost saved the day, got the food down to the red eyed kids at 7pm, I had to bribe them with plenty begging. Lol
Re: How A Wife Can Be The Glory Of Her Husband by deybowlah: 1:09pm On Nov 05, 2012
minute: Sounds like a modern stepford wife.

Woman rushes to grandma's place on her way from work to pick baby by 7pm.she gets home to prepare fresh soup for dinner, meat and pepper is stone block as nobody to help her bring it out earlier from freezer, she had to wait for another 30minutes.Meanwhile spreading the clothes she left in the machine a night before, baby is crying as she wants attention(you can't blame her she has missed mum all day, going in and out of living room to sing and dance for baby.Starts to cook dinner by 8pm and food gets ready by 9pm, baby's sleep time is also 9pm, u give her a shower and nurse her to sleep. Finally you are ready to eat by 10pm and husby wants wifey with flat tummy. How on earth will u eat dinner by 10pm and expect flat tummy wifey. Abegi... Men you ask for too much.

(1) (Reply)

Five Things That Are Most Important To You In A Future Mate / USA: Mother Gives Birth To 17 Babies At Once With Over 29 Hours Of Pushing / A nairalander 4 Years Old Son Performing His Sonly Duty.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.