Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,727 members, 7,827,642 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 02:38 PM

D.L. Hughley: "Black Women Are Angry All The Time" - Do You Agree? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / D.L. Hughley: "Black Women Are Angry All The Time" - Do You Agree? (729 Views)

Women Are Not Always The Problem In Relationships / What Name Do You Call Your Partner When You Are Angry? / Can U Make Love To Your Wife When You Are Angry With Her? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

D.L. Hughley: "Black Women Are Angry All The Time" - Do You Agree? by Nobody: 3:48am On Nov 03, 2012
D.L. Hughley may be a king of comedy, but many women won't be laughing when they hear his latest controversial statements.

The actor and comedian, speaking on NPR while promoting his new book I Want You to Shut the Fawk Up: How the Audacity of Dopes is Ruining America, had this to say about Black women:

"I’ve never met an angrier group of people. Like Black women are angry just in general. Angry all the time. My assessment, just in my judgment, you either are in charge or they’re in charge, so there’s no kind of day that you get to rest."

Hughley goes on to say that his wife is the only Black woman he can stand, perhaps due in no small part to the fact that, as Hughley himself admits, she's one of the few Black women who can stand him.

http://www.bet.com/news/celebrities/2012/11/01/d-l-hughley-black-women-are-angry-all-the-time.html
Re: D.L. Hughley: "Black Women Are Angry All The Time" - Do You Agree? by Nobody: 3:55am On Nov 03, 2012
Do you agree with his assertion? - He's definitely entitled to his opinion(s)...

What do the female eggheads have to say about this? - you can't let him call you lot out like that... grin

Personally, I think there's an element of truth in his assertion - black women are naturally outspoken and angry, and that might be a good, or bad thing depending on how they channel this anger... Black women of "yesteryears" channeled it into supporting their spouse and nation/community building... However, today's black woman is just angry at everything..
Re: D.L. Hughley: "Black Women Are Angry All The Time" - Do You Agree? by Mynd44: 4:22am On Nov 03, 2012
He is a clown. Why should I take him serious?
Re: D.L. Hughley: "Black Women Are Angry All The Time" - Do You Agree? by 190theclown: 6:34am On Nov 03, 2012
yes they are always angry because the black men has stopped falling mugu undecided
Re: D.L. Hughley: "Black Women Are Angry All The Time" - Do You Agree? by Mynd44: 7:11am On Nov 03, 2012
190-the-clown:
yes they are always angry because the black men has stopped falling mugu undecided
ode
Re: D.L. Hughley: "Black Women Are Angry All The Time" - Do You Agree? by cdamsel(f): 7:24am On Nov 03, 2012
Even his statement is contradicting,wen his wife turns white mayb den we can talk angry.
Re: D.L. Hughley: "Black Women Are Angry All The Time" - Do You Agree? by Mynd44: 7:40am On Nov 03, 2012
cdamsel: Even his statement is contradicting,wen his wife turns white mayb den we can talk angry.
Will you allow yourself be bothered by the words of a clown?
Re: D.L. Hughley: "Black Women Are Angry All The Time" - Do You Agree? by cdamsel(f): 8:22am On Nov 03, 2012
Mynd_44:
Will you allow yourself be bothered by the words of a clown?
def nt kiss
Unfollowing
Re: D.L. Hughley: "Black Women Are Angry All The Time" - Do You Agree? by Nobody: 8:23am On Nov 03, 2012
Thank goodness it is his opinion. undecided mtcheww

1 Like

Re: D.L. Hughley: "Black Women Are Angry All The Time" - Do You Agree? by Mynd44: 8:25am On Nov 03, 2012
cdamsel: def nt kiss
Unfollowing
That's better

(1) (Reply)

Women: What Do You Think Men Want In A Woman? / The Pope Frowns At Gay Marriage, Says It Destroys The Essence Of Being Human / Her Husband Ask Her To Dress More Sexy

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.