Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,597 members, 7,809,168 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 02:35 AM

Femininity Vs Feminism - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Femininity Vs Feminism (6451 Views)

Feminism: A Joke In Nigeria—for Now! / Adichie’s Feminism: Vacuums And Fallacies By A. Gonzaga / How To Boost A Man's Ego Through Femininity. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Femininity Vs Feminism by Gamine(f): 1:14pm On Jan 30, 2008
The Feminist movement is not about empowering woman to be feminine, it uses masculine tactics to achieve its agenda, Feminism doesn’t stand for femininity which is where a woman’s true power lies, though it pursues some causes that make it seem honourable like the fight for equal pay ans some other rights it masks a plan that is far more sinister than the masses or even some of the leaders could believe.
In the end this will do us more harm than good. Anytime a power struggle ensues between any two opposing forces there’s hardly any place for peace. Any so called movement that operates under any form of sexism will end up being divisive at best. If we are all on the bandwagon of feminism we will find ourselves heading in an opposite direction of where we wanted to go.

Some say it’s a lesbian movement, the thing is the main women fighting for abortion never even wanted children in the first place, and do you really want to do everything that men do? That is a potent question we need to ask ourselves. Look at men, look at them like you have never before, would you give up you womanhood to be like them? Don’t you have better things to do with your time than battle over issues that have no urgent relevance to your world?

This feminist movement is out of control. In the passion and appeal of fighting for our rights they have failed to see the friction it creates between woman and men in everyday exchanges. Men cannot seem to get a word because a woman suddenly thinks she doesn’t have to listen to him
All movements are dangerous when they result in fighting in the flesh, we know this world is primarily spiritual but we constantly forget this, the bible says “But knowing we battle against not flesh n blood but principalities and wickedness in high places”.
Lasting victory over any issue in this life can only be gained as we war in the spirit, God is the true champion of liberation, and we must submit our causes to him.
These feminist are usually very angry, and we know that anger usually masks extreme pain; it is not conducive to the healing process. But no one is beyond the hope of redemption, the hope of healing and deliverance.
God is the creator, he made the woman because he knew that it wasn’t good for man to be alone, the woman has a part to play in this world by being who God made her to be, as feminine as possible, she is also made in God s image, if Adam was sand refined, Eve was doubly refined being that she was even taken out of him.

God’s image is such that the man reflects more of the mind of God while the woman reflects more of his heart, it is obviously so, we women wield a power of influence which is more potent than the power of authority the men wield.
Even Satan recognised the fact and went straight to Eve not Adam, knowing the power Eve had over him, and God said there and I will put enmity between you and the woman, and between your seed and her Seed. Why not the man? This shows how much power a praying woman has, we only have to look into the bible and see examples, there are so many women who use their femininity to get things done without trying to be like a man, and the word for today is

Embrace your Femininity in the Lord! grin grin grin grin

2 Likes

Re: Femininity Vs Feminism by almondjoy(f): 1:32pm On Jan 30, 2008
Look if you continue like this, you will never get a husband I swear! cheesy

Take it easy in the Lord please! Too much of anything is bad! You have succeeded in eroding any sex appeal you have left. For God's sake change that picture in your profile in favour of some contacts. In short borrow a leaf from the sexy Ishan diva "Michellin89"!!! kiss

I am just advicing you as a fellow Edo sista! No offence. tongue

1 Like

Re: Femininity Vs Feminism by Gamine(f): 1:56pm On Jan 30, 2008
lol

believe me, i tried to get contacts. . .

Dont be worried about me
i have a husband already wink
Look at your ownself and make the needed changes

i dont see whats so extreme about what im writing, its just the truth.

Read well Almondjoy!
it will help you smiley
Re: Femininity Vs Feminism by almondjoy(f): 1:59pm On Jan 30, 2008
Gamine:

lol

believe me, i tried to get contacts. . .

Dont be worried about me
i have a husband already wink

Look at your ownself and make the needed changes

i don't see whats so extreme about what im writing, its just the truth.

Read well Almondjoy!
it will help you
smiley

Thank you and happy married life! kiss
Re: Femininity Vs Feminism by Nobody: 2:09pm On Jan 30, 2008
er almond, whats an old fart like you doing arguing with nairaland's very own prodigy, and  the first of the new polygots - engineer, marriage counselor, finacial adviser, evangelist, and all around guru?  grin

aw. . .the glasses ain't 2 bad - yet (eye go soon sink) . nothing like glasses ( in my opinion to make a gal look intelligent)
Re: Femininity Vs Feminism by Gamine(f): 2:14pm On Jan 30, 2008
lol

oyb

thank you

Almondjoy

thank you and ur welcome
Re: Femininity Vs Feminism by almondjoy(f): 2:54pm On Jan 30, 2008
oyb:

er almond, whats an old fart like you doing arguing with nairaland's very own prodigy, and  the first of the new polygots - engineer, marriage counselor, finacial adviser, evangelist, and all around guru?  grin

aw. . .the glasses ain't 2 bad - yet (eye go soon sink) . nothing like glasses ( in my opinion to make a girl look intelligent)

Are you looking forn wife #10? grin  Please help yourself with your "polygot"!!!! grin  Leave this old fart alone.  Like you, I only deal with young things!  You have long outlived you "use by date"! I don't dig pot bellies either! kiss

Mr. polygot!
Re: Femininity Vs Feminism by Nobody: 3:06pm On Jan 30, 2008
I am a convinced feminist and still have loads of guys around me telling me how cool I am. Maybe you are not doing it right. grin
Re: Femininity Vs Feminism by Nobody: 3:13pm On Jan 30, 2008
almondjoy:

Are you looking forn wife #10? grin  Please help yourself with your "polygot"!!!! grin  Leave this old fart alone.  Like you, I only deal with young things!  You have long oulived you "use by date"! I don't dig pot bellies either! kiss

Mr. polygot!

i'm still young. . .let me show you my birth certificate  age declaration. (psst . . .what's almond's preferred age?)

while my six pack is fading ( sigh. . . the vagaries of growing older. . .) it isn't quite at the' pot belly 'stage yet. i doubt if madam will let me get there grin
Re: Femininity Vs Feminism by Dreloaded(f): 3:21pm On Jan 30, 2008
I've decided that when it comes to women's issues I will not discuss things with Nigerian women or Nigerians in general. Infact let me just say Africans sef. You people hardly ever know what you are talking about when it comes to such topics, just end up making it a biblical issue.

Either you or the women in your family would be able to get jobs without sleeping with top execs if not for the so called evil women's right movement. Using your "feminity" usually means using your sexuality to get your way in other words, it means whoring yourself. Then again most women in Nigeria dont see any problem with doing this anyway so why am I even bothering with this topic sef. Someone stop me.

AJ, you craze  grin
Re: Femininity Vs Feminism by uchetobi(f): 3:36pm On Jan 30, 2008
Gamine:

The Feminist movement is not about empowering woman to be feminine, it uses masculine tactics to achieve its agenda, Feminism doesn’t stand for femininity which is where a woman’s true power lies, though it pursues some causes that make it seem honourable like the fight for equal pay ans some other rights it masks a plan that is far more sinister than the masses or even some of the leaders could believe.
In the end this will do us more harm than good. Anytime a power struggle ensues between any two opposing forces there’s hardly any place for peace. Any so called movement that operates under any form of sexism will end up being divisive at best. If we are all on the bandwagon of feminism we will find ourselves heading in an opposite direction of where we wanted to go.

Some say it’s a lesbian movement, the thing is the main women fighting for abortion never even wanted children in the first place, and do you really want to do everything that men do? That is a potent question we need to ask ourselves. Look at men, look at them like you have never before, would you give up you womanhood to be like them? Don’t you have better things to do with your time than battle over issues that have no urgent relevance to your world?

This feminist movement is out of control. In the passion and appeal of fighting for our rights they have failed to see the friction it creates between woman and men in everyday exchanges. Men cannot seem to get a word because a woman suddenly thinks she doesn’t have to listen to him
All movements are dangerous when they result in fighting in the flesh, we know this world is primarily spiritual but we constantly forget this, the bible says “But knowing we battle against not flesh n blood but principalities and wickedness in high places”.
Lasting victory over any issue in this life can only be gained as we war in the spirit, God is the true champion of liberation, and we must submit our causes to him.
These feminist are usually very angry, and we know that anger usually masks extreme pain; it is not conducive to the healing process. But no one is beyond the hope of redemption, the hope of healing and deliverance.
God is the creator, he made the woman because he knew that it wasn’t good for man to be alone, the woman has a part to play in this world by being who God made her to be, as feminine as possible, she is also made in God s image, if Adam was sand refined, Eve was doubly refined being that she was even taken out of him.

God’s image is such that the man reflects more of the mind of God while the woman reflects more of his heart, it is obviously so, we women wield a power of influence which is more potent than the power of authority the men wield.
Even Satan recognised the fact and went straight to Eve not Adam, knowing the power Eve had over him, and God said there and I will put enmity between you and the woman, and between your seed and her Seed. Why not the man? This shows how much power a praying woman has, we only have to look into the bible and see examples, there are so many women who use their femininity to get things done without trying to be like a man, and the word for today is

Embrace your Femininity in the Lord! grin grin grin grin

I beg to differ, i see myself as a feminist and its nothing like wanting to wear the pants in the relationship. Females have rights, and i will 4eva be an advocate for female rights and girl power that doesnt in any way down play my femininity
Re: Femininity Vs Feminism by Nobody: 3:39pm On Jan 30, 2008
@ Topic

While women have to objectify themselves to control these men, these men do absolutely nothing to deserve their title as leaders. And yet you still argue there is equality?

Tell me what do men do that we don't do? Why do we have to remain in the shadow so they can shine? Dealing with african men is like dealing with children.

"Behind a big man, there is a big woman". How pathetic and yet we go around singing the tune.
"The man is the head, but we are the neck". Darling the brain is in the head. If the brain doesn't give orders you as a neck are useless. Get this fact right.  Stop using this as a consolation, because that's what it is.

Rather than being companions, we look more like mothers. Mothers who dress shabby to make sure their daughters get the attention. You think you are helping the poor girl but you are just "spoiling" her. That's falsity at the highest level.

You don't deny women can do more than men, but yet your are satisfied with being given a tip as if you were a baby.

What makes you different from his daughter? The fact that you are sleeping with him?

Let's not be ridiculous.
Re: Femininity Vs Feminism by almondjoy(f): 3:54pm On Jan 30, 2008
D-reloaded:

I've decided that when it comes to women's issues I will not discuss things with Nigerian women or Nigerians in general. Infact let me just say Africans sef. You people hardly ever know what you are talking about when it comes to such topics, just end up making it a biblical issue.

Either you or the women in your family would be able to get jobs without sleeping with top execs if not for the so called evil women's right movement. Using your "feminity" usually means using your sexuality to get your way in other words, it means whoring yourself. Then again most women in Nigeria don't see any problem with doing this anyway so why am I even bothering with this topic sef. Someone stop me.

AJ, you craze grin

Just like you, I could not resist! cheesy This Gamine girl always takes us back to prehistoric ages!

uchetobi:

I beg to differ, i see myself as a feminist and its nothing like wanting to wear the pants in the relationship. Females have rights, and i will 4eva be an advocate for female rights and girl power that doesnt in any way down play my femininity

Well spoken! Hello Uchetobi! Happy New Year---abi na Happy Old year! Please go and educate Gamine!

michelin89:

@ Topic

While women have to objectify themselves to control these men, these men do absolutely nothing to deserve their title as leaders. And yet you still argue there is equality?

Tell me what do men do that we don't do? Why do we have to remain in the shadow so they can shine? Dealing with african men is like dealing with children.

"Behind a big man, there is a big woman". How pathetic and yet we go around singing the tune.
"The man is the head, but we are the neck". Darling the brain is in the head. If the brain doesn't give orders you as a neck are useless. Get this fact right. Stop using this as a consolation, because that's what it is.

Rather than being companions, we look more like mothers. Mothers who dress shabby to make sure their daughters get the attention. You think you are helping the poor girl but you are just "spoiling" her. That's falsity at the highest level.

You don't deny women can do more than men, but yet your are satisfied with being given a tip as if you were a baby.

What makes you different from his daughter? The fact that you are sleeping with him?

Let's not be ridiculous.

I fact, na you I fear pass! Woe betide any man who tries any rubbish with you! cheesy

Gamine, over to you. Please do not quote the scriptures for once!!!! cheesy
Re: Femininity Vs Feminism by Dreloaded(f): 3:56pm On Jan 30, 2008
almondjoy:

Gamine, over to you. Please do not quote the scriptures for once!!!! cheesy

I dont think that's possible for most of these people.
Re: Femininity Vs Feminism by almondjoy(f): 3:58pm On Jan 30, 2008
D-reloaded:

I don't think that's possible for most of these people.

he he he he he he he he! cheesy grin cheesy cheesy grin

And it came to pass!
Re: Femininity Vs Feminism by oziomatv(m): 4:01pm On Jan 30, 2008
sorry am in the wrong thread,
looking for someone
I beg una padon.
Re: Femininity Vs Feminism by Nobody: 4:03pm On Jan 30, 2008
almondjoy:

I fact, na you I fear pass! Woe betide any man who tries any rubbish with you! cheesy

Thou shall not fear thee, as thee is just a humile servant of the gods of Nigeria! grin
Re: Femininity Vs Feminism by Seun(m): 4:09pm On Jan 30, 2008
The first post is intellectually shallow. Femininity is an abstract concept because every woman is different. There's nothing inherently good about living your life like the average woman.
Re: Femininity Vs Feminism by uchetobi(f): 4:14pm On Jan 30, 2008
Thanx Aj
Thanx Michelin
Thanx DReloaded

@Topic see Seun a guy is telling u, Feminism is not a turn off 4 guys, there is no reason why feminism and femininity cannot go hand in hand
Re: Femininity Vs Feminism by Nobody: 4:15pm On Jan 30, 2008
If I may say:

Who has defined the way a woman should be?
Re: Femininity Vs Feminism by Dreloaded(f): 4:16pm On Jan 30, 2008
uchetobi:

@ Feminism is not a turn off 4 guys,

Actually it is for some guys with the traditional African mindset which is why you have some women who are proud with being left with the "I am the neck" nonsense as Michelin explained
Re: Femininity Vs Feminism by Nobody: 4:18pm On Jan 30, 2008
oziomatv:

sorry am in the wrong thread,
looking for someone
I beg una padon.
Looking for me dear?
Dont mind all these scripture Quoting peopl, not as if i have anything agaist sriptures oh, God forbid, I just dont like people who cant reason logically on their on they must quote scriptures to back up thier shallow thinking, talk sho us what u ve upstairs
Re: Femininity Vs Feminism by Seun(m): 4:30pm On Jan 30, 2008
Feminism is about gender equality. Femininity is the way women behave in the absence of gender equality. So you can't eat your cake and have it. If you want to enjoy the privileges of being a woman, then you have to be willing to be treated the way a woman is normally treated. Either way is fine; we can't all live the same way. Grrr. Feminists should marry modern men, and feminine women should marry "real African men". Problem solved.
Re: Femininity Vs Feminism by Gamine(f): 7:30pm On Jan 30, 2008
You people eh! lol

though it pursues some causes that make it seem honourable

@Uchetobi and Seun
i hear you, i never said there was a thing wrong with being an advocate for womens rights
i am too! grin

Seun i know you are very intellectual, but i know the wisdom of this world is like trash in the eyes of God
Let it be shallow, to your mind, because you cant grasp it.

@Michelin
My sister, i don't get your point completely
what i do understand is we werent made any less than men
Due to the fall, we are in the situation we are in now
If the neck is cut off, will there be any hope for life? No
If the head is hit, or the brain is dead, there is still hope
Dont downplay the importance of this, if its so unnecesary why isnt the head firmly attached to d body.

@Almondjoy and RLoaded

I'm sorry, but i cant put Christianity in one corner
when it is my way of life
You cant put God in one Corner, when this world is spiritual

I really don't see what your qualms are about
if only you would come out clearly
Especially missus militia, you have a serious challenge!

when you people finally understand you didnt create yourselves
i guess you will know better.

see how quick you jump to conclusions Missus americana
The person that wrote most of what i posted is African American of West Indian descent
i just added somethings, thats why i cant post a reference.
Everything for your info should be biblical
What can a creation do, that isn't included in its manual?
i wonder!

Either you or the women in your family would be able to get jobs without sleeping with top execs if not for the so called evil women's right movement. Using your "feminity" usually means using your sexuality to get your way in other words, it means whoring yourself. Then again most women in Nigeria don't see any problem with doing this anyway so why am I even bothering with this topic sef. Someone stop me.

Are you kidding me?? you know my family this much! shocked
Anyways, you will always get things wrong if you don't consider issues properly
Evil women's rights? you really know how to twist things.

using your sexuality and sleeping with people only traps you the more and does nothing for femininity
Femininity in the Lord, i said!
it seems to me you have an issue with God
Re: Femininity Vs Feminism by Dreloaded(f): 7:46pm On Jan 30, 2008
No issue with God, issue with people that don't know what they are talking about ie you. People who don't like to think for themselves or have a discussion without hiding behind scriptures. What if you find someone who is a complete atheist, so that means you wont be able to have a discussion since obcviously all your scriptures will be lost on that person but knowing you it'll just end up being "you'd understand me, if you believe in God" and that would be the end.

Btw I'm not even going to respond to the other stuff, just letting you know that

It is better to be DEAD than to be brain dead. Who cares if you are still breathing because you still have a "neck", ask Terry Scavo how far that got her. Abeg jare, What is the point of living with a non functioning brain?
Re: Femininity Vs Feminism by Gamine(f): 9:48pm On Jan 30, 2008
You have issues with me?
i dont think for my self?

lol

oh my days. . .just hold those opinions.

Hiding behind scriptures, you say;
How many scriptures did you see being quoted there,
Discussion?
Well it would have been if you n ur dear friend didnt interject w/out much thought

if you didnt get my point, a simple question would have been better to ask.

Since you already have issues with me, how could you have a discussion w/out ur head being biased

As for the atheist i happen to meet;
i can do notin to change their mind, only God can
i can try, but theres only so much a human can

Once again i say, my Faith is not different from who i am
i am in Christ, Christ is in me
Thats all i can say

Cheers smiley
Re: Femininity Vs Feminism by Dreloaded(f): 10:04pm On Jan 30, 2008
*sighs*

That entire post has nothing to do with my comment. It must suck to write so much and say so little.
Re: Femininity Vs Feminism by Gamine(f): 10:34pm On Jan 30, 2008
Nothing to do with your comment?
lol

It only hurts that the simple choose to remain simple
when there's a way out.

that the foolish still seek their own way when there's obviously a better

Fortunately, God is a patient God smiley
Re: Femininity Vs Feminism by Dreloaded(f): 10:39pm On Jan 30, 2008
Im glad you are aware that you are merely a simpleton.

Afterall how can you get help if you are in denial of your inadequacies? smiley
Re: Femininity Vs Feminism by Gamine(f): 10:47pm On Jan 30, 2008
Atlist i am aware.
And i have looked unto God to be my Adequacy, My Stronghold

As for you, still rolling about in the dark cool
The time is nigh!
Re: Femininity Vs Feminism by almondjoy(f): 6:23am On Jan 31, 2008
Ms. Gamine,

No one is saying you should leave your Christain values. All we are saying is that you use your common sense for a change or just once in a while. kiss

D-reloaded:

I'm glad you are aware that you are merely a simpleton.

Afterall how can you get help if you are in denial of your inadequacies? smiley

He he he he he he he he he he he he! cheesy grin cheesy grin cheesy grin cheesy grin

Gamine:

Atlist i am aware.
And i have looked unto God to be my Adequacy, My Stronghold
As for you, still rolling about in the dark cool
The time is nigh!

Lord have mercy! You are really something else! And what do you think our "stronghold" is? undecided Harry Krishna? cheesy
Re: Femininity Vs Feminism by debosky(m): 6:54am On Jan 31, 2008
grin grin grin

almond and d-reloaded

y'all are both funny

but seriously, you both have gone off the mark in some sense

the OP makes some assertions as to what she views feminism as representing, and contrasts it with femininity, it is all up to her to support that argument by using the bible if she wants to, but to bring your preconceived notions of 'African women' is not really useful in this case, neither is the attempt to divorce a person's view from their faith.

Maybe you make that distinction, not everyone does. The American culture of 'sterilizing' everything to be able to stand without religion does not always make sense either, for what is a man/woman without some moral compass?

Ok I'm rambling, back to topic.

Gamine has a point, any 'feminist' as she has described above is certainly a deluded one who will not achieve true change apart from replacing the domineering man with a domineering woman. If 'femininity' according to D-reloaded simply comprises of sleeping with a man, then you have done women a great disservice, there is a lot more to it than that.

The term 'equality' also needs to be carefully examined, can any two things as different as a man and woman ever be equal?
Sure you can pay them the same for doing the same task (That I advocate for strongly) recognise them when they achieve and give equal opportunity to to lead when they are capable but it will be folly to think that women will be less vulnerable in times of war simply because they are now 'equal' or subject them to the same treatment as men in all situations. Or to think that there aren't specific roles man/woman are naturally created for.

Herein lies the excellent question as asked by michelin 'who defines a woman and what she can do?' according to Gamine, the bible does, and she is wholly entitled to that opinion, If you hold a contrary view, simply state that without resorting to personal attacks - you simply appear to be playing out the stereotype of the 'angry woman aka feminist' as described above. wink

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Christian Couple Spread The Word Via Wife Swapping / Pregnancy And Labour Pains / Indian Woman Hanged From A Tree After Being Sexually Assaulted On A Train

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 106
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.