Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,132 members, 7,825,554 topics. Date: Sunday, 12 May 2024 at 05:38 PM

Pregnancy And Labour Pains - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Pregnancy And Labour Pains (6466 Views)

I Need Som1 In Abuja Who Can Take Care Of My Pregnancy And Adopt The Baby / 10 Pains Of The Nigerian Bachelor / Pregnancy And Agression (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Pregnancy And Labour Pains by lioness(f): 4:25pm On Apr 26, 2006
Hey y'all

Okay, am thinking of having a baby. But am scared caused i've heard so many freaky story about the screams and tears in the labour room and am just scared outta my witts.

Am considering taking the epidural injection. but i dont want to start that off on my first child.
Soooooo, mums in Narialand, could you puleaseee share your labour experiences .

Am sure not all child delivery are "near-death" experiences. undecided
Re: Pregnancy And Labour Pains by Zahymaka(m): 4:30pm On Apr 26, 2006
One of the things you have to face is that it's going to be painful. But there are lots of old-wives tales circulating about the painful things one would go through.

I think these tales only go round to discourage young girls from experimenting with sex because of the consequences.
Re: Pregnancy And Labour Pains by mamaput(f): 6:48pm On Apr 26, 2006
No two pregnancies are the same no two labours are the same.
I had 3 children all Cesarean.
According to the doctor my pelvis is too small.
The first and second one were with pain.
But by the third one i had experience.
I just ask for pain killers and tried not to sleep till it was night night
I also found out it was better for me to drink still water.
There was this woman that was there with me she had her baby almost before she could take off her cloths.It wentreal fast. She could not even be taken to the labour ward.
But had her baby in the changing room were you take off your cloths be4 going for examination.
Re: Pregnancy And Labour Pains by my2cents(m): 8:30pm On Apr 26, 2006
Given your name here is lioness, I would think that you would be fearless concerning this grin

Just kidding o!! Anyway, as mamaput (that name sure brings back memories, but I digress) put it, no 2 are the same. My wife had an epidural (may not be the right spelling) administered via her spinal cord. She also had morphine, I think, administered intravenously. She was still in slight pain, but in the end, she delivered.

Funny thing is, she wants to do it all over again. So, painful as it is, there's something in that experience that makes some women want to do it over and over
Re: Pregnancy And Labour Pains by pascal(m): 9:12pm On Apr 26, 2006
@my2cent

What you do not know is that the joy of a woman is to be pregnant and go through the 9 months ritual.

When the D day comes the pain is the what makes it memorable for the woman.

Some do not be surprise if she said that she is ready for another baby.

Lift you voice to GOD that is all.

take care
Re: Pregnancy And Labour Pains by Consultant(f): 10:06pm On Apr 26, 2006
Hi Lioness,

You can read about the birth of my baby on this thread https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria?topic=8933.msg252224#msg252224
Relax, i won't deceive you by saying it's not painful but don't worry, you forget it once it's over.
Re: Pregnancy And Labour Pains by dearzi(f): 10:06pm On Apr 26, 2006
I wouldn't worry much about it now, unless you're already pregnant and are about due. Be thankful that we have epidurals now, not like when i was born--my mum said she went through hours of labour just waiting for me! but i've been told that you should go for the epidural. It's going to hurt, so just be open minded that you might scream or not.
Re: Pregnancy And Labour Pains by bolex(m): 10:40pm On Apr 26, 2006
lioness:

Hey y'all

Okay, am thinking of having a baby. But am scared caused i've heard so many freaky story about the screams and tears in the labour room and am just scared out of my witts.

Am considering taking the epidural injection. but i don't want to start that off on my first child.
Soooooo, mums in Narialand, could you puleaseee share your labour experiences .

Am sure not all child delivery are "near-death" experiences. undecided

More of the reason why you gotta wait till you are old enough and matured and your body is strong before you ever think of having a baby

grin
Re: Pregnancy And Labour Pains by Ndipe(m): 10:42pm On Apr 26, 2006
my2cents, abadie?

Epidural, as heard minimizes labor pains. But lately, I have been wondering if it has to do with postpartum depression common among western women. Any thought about this?

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy And Labour Pains by Rhodalyn(f): 10:43pm On Apr 26, 2006
loadza women av gone thru it, so wht mks ya thk U cnt??
Re: Pregnancy And Labour Pains by omogenaija(f): 11:26pm On Apr 26, 2006
Well i aint a mother yet. But i will be a mother.

and just know that u r lucky that u dont have to to ikule abai amo. ( thats how the ladies use to have babies way back in the days in naija. u bend down on ur kneels and deliever ur baby. without any type of techonlogy.)
Re: Pregnancy And Labour Pains by my2cents(m): 1:30am On Apr 27, 2006
Ndipe,

I take it you are an Akwa Ibomite, in which case I will say "Idioko o".

back to biz - I am not in the Health field, so I am afraid I won't have any tips for you grin As for the depression, I wouldn't know either - my wife had the procedure which is actually very scary to me but fortunately, she didn't suffer any side effects. I have heard horror stories about it causing paralysis (not to scare lioness grin).

All in all, I say pray to God and everything will be alright - Amen!!
Re: Pregnancy And Labour Pains by Free(f): 4:17am On Apr 27, 2006
yea
i wanna have babies tooo but damn the labor pains scare me oooo
my mom be tellin stories about her 5 labours , how painful it was
blah blah,
i think i would want a C-section instead just cut me up, i prefare that betta grin grin cheesy
Re: Pregnancy And Labour Pains by pascal(m): 6:56am On Apr 27, 2006
@Free

i think you should not talk about CS now and no Doctor will cut you open when he knows very well you can come out naturally.

CS is not the best but an opinion to the naturally process. Mind you CS can be very painful compair to naturally method.

the is mainly when the baby is coming out and after that , the joy of motherhood follows. your mummy went through it 5 times.

so why are you afraid. don't worry go for it

with love

Pee
Re: Pregnancy And Labour Pains by lioness(f): 9:02am On Apr 27, 2006
Well, i heard once you start with a CS in your first baby, it gonna be CS all the way. All through your baby.
Re: Pregnancy And Labour Pains by lioness(f): 9:04am On Apr 27, 2006
C'mon, 28 aint old enough undecided

I have seen younger gurls pull this off. smiley
bolex:

More of the reason why you gotta wait till you are old enough and matured and your body is strong before you ever think of having a baby

grin
Re: Pregnancy And Labour Pains by lioness(f): 9:06am On Apr 27, 2006
Forget that thing o. grin grin . We are talking about "higher level" of pain grin grin grin

my2cents:

Given your name here is lioness, I would think that you would be fearless concerning this grin

Just kidding o!! Anyway, as mamaput (that name sure brings back memories, but I digress) put it, no 2 are the same. My wife had an epidural (may not be the right spelling) administered via her spinal cord. She also had morphine, I think, administered intravenously. She was still in slight pain, but in the end, she delivered.

Funny thing is, she wants to do it all over again. So, painful as it is, there's something in that experience that makes some women want to do it over and over
Re: Pregnancy And Labour Pains by 2cantango(f): 9:15am On Apr 27, 2006
I won't give you details of my experience because I think you're scared enough, and what I went through certainly wasn't normal.
But I will tell you that there is no amount of pain that I wouldn't be prepared to go through, if at the end I have my child, which is the greatest gift from God. Trust me, the amount of love that bursts from within you at the very first sight of your baby, is enough to make you forget about the birthing process and all the pain. It's really amazing.
Re: Pregnancy And Labour Pains by lioness(f): 9:27am On Apr 27, 2006
Awwwhhh! thats so sweet smiley
i feel i can have tripplets right now and dam the pains.
Re: Pregnancy And Labour Pains by Fluffy(f): 11:37am On Apr 27, 2006
Ye 2cantango that was a realy nice way of putting it, now I want one smiley
Re: Pregnancy And Labour Pains by taiwotee: 11:51am On Apr 27, 2006
hello lioness, why do you talk of pains , If it is possible for the animals to go through this with without the full surpport of the fellow like animals , human beings most go through the couse of the creation and the most beautiful experience is the safely delievery ,if the pains continues in a woman there won't be a numerous population as to what it is now , Majorly pray to God Almighty when your time draws nearer
grin grin
Re: Pregnancy And Labour Pains by Fluffy(f): 12:08pm On Apr 27, 2006
Taiwotee you can not compare the pain a human experiences to that of an animal.

For one thing our skin can tear very easily and animals got realy tough skin, to them giving birth is just like passing wind lipsrsealed
Re: Pregnancy And Labour Pains by 1ofall(f): 12:29pm On Apr 27, 2006
Childbirth is an experience like no other but there are so many misconceptions about it, won't begin to go into them, let's just talk about the pain,
I think the important thing is to be prepared and go with an open mind.Labour pain like any other varies from one woman to another, there are both psychological and physiological factors at play here.
I see you are in the UK, there's so many ways of coping with labour pain, many women actually go thru labour using just gas and air(ethonox) and the breathing exercises. Others to consider are pethidine(an injection), tens, some have even got relief from using relaxation techniques(yoga) and hypnobirthing.

Don't make up your mind before hand, see how you get on and take it from there.At the same time don't try to be superwoman, if you think you need an epidural, ask for it, but let it be after you've tried others.
Re: Pregnancy And Labour Pains by O4real(m): 2:11pm On Apr 27, 2006
lioness, check www.babycenter.com and you'll surely get all the pro and follow mother advice. U can register for update regarding each stage of development and it will be mailed to you, from time to time. u can track your baby dev through this.

Taaa, don't mind those scary thoughts am sure that tiny human will blow your pain away with bliss. . . Happy motherhood in advance!
Re: Pregnancy And Labour Pains by lilnaomi(f): 3:21pm On Apr 27, 2006
gurl, i av no experience of childbirth but all am gonna say is, dnt let d pain be the determining factor. cus at d end, its all worth it. if u r lucky to get pregnant, then ask for the strength to deliver d child safe and sound.

also gurl, don't think of caesarian unless its really really necessary for the survival of u and ur child. CS disfigures most women and am sure u wanna look good after giving birth. so gurl, jus pray to God for the strength to deliver safe and sound and naturally too. Good luck gurl.
Re: Pregnancy And Labour Pains by lioness(f): 4:17pm On Apr 27, 2006
Thanks a bunch y'all. smiley

I feel all my fears going away already.
Re: Pregnancy And Labour Pains by spikedcylinder: 4:51pm On Apr 27, 2006
Honestly lioness,i envy you for making this decision to have a baby.Having a baby is not something i look forward to o!
Re: Pregnancy And Labour Pains by mamaput(f): 5:24pm On Apr 27, 2006
lilnaomi:

girl, i av no experience of childbirth but all am going to say is, dnt let d pain be the determining factor. cus at d end, its all worth it. if you're lucky to get pregnant, then ask for the strength to deliver d child safe and sound.

also girl, don't think of caesarian unless its really really necessary for the survival of u and your child. CS disfigures most women and am sure u want to look good after giving birth. so girl, jus pray to God for the strength to deliver safe and sound and naturally too. Good luck girl.

Thats not true it disfigures nothing.
They make what they call a Bikini cut meaning that even if you wear a bikini noone will see the cut later.
Re: Pregnancy And Labour Pains by lilnaomi(f): 6:22pm On Apr 27, 2006
mamaput, yea in some cases, but av seen where they make vertical cuts, u know down ur stomach n those can be disfiguring, trust me!!
Re: Pregnancy And Labour Pains by O4real(m): 6:56pm On Apr 27, 2006
@ lilnaomi
Abeg stop scaring lioness. She doesnt need this rite now. B encouraging and optimistic.
Re: Pregnancy And Labour Pains by mamaput(f): 7:02pm On Apr 27, 2006
They made my cuts all in the same place.
A morden dr will not make a vertical cut.
Even if i wear a string you will not see my cut.
Re: Pregnancy And Labour Pains by O4real(m): 7:14pm On Apr 27, 2006
True talk . . . tanx 4 the enlightenment. . . how is your daughter faring. . . jist us in your thread.

(1) (2) (Reply)

My Baby Just Wont Eat / when your helper turns her back- advice please / Indian Woman Hanged From A Tree After Being Sexually Assaulted On A Train

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.