Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,584 members, 7,958,802 topics. Date: Thursday, 26 September 2024 at 01:42 AM

Mansion Built For Minister Of Niger-Delta In Abuja (Pictures) - SaharaReporters - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Mansion Built For Minister Of Niger-Delta In Abuja (Pictures) - SaharaReporters (26675 Views)

EFCC Seals Mega Building At Wuse 2, Abuja (pictures) / Amaechi For Minister Of Niger Delta - Egift / Picture Of Mansion Built By A Robbery Suspect (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Mansion Built For Minister Of Niger-Delta In Abuja (Pictures) - SaharaReporters by LocalChamp: 2:21pm On Nov 03, 2012
Anti-Corruption Activist Provides Photos Of Mansion Built For Minister Orubebe In Abuja

Posted: November 2, 2012 - 14:13

Posted by siteadmin

By SaharaReporters, New York
An anti- corruption watchdog group, Anti-Corruption Network, led by former house member Dino Melaye today provided photos of a residence it claimed was built for Nigeria's minister of the Niger Delta ministry, Elder Godsday orubebe in the Mabushi area of Abuja.

Mr. Dino stated that a construction company Setraco built and delivered the new mansion to Mr. Orubebe in less than six months after the company benefitted from contracts to build part of the East-West highway in the Delta region.

The photos taken by the group shows a mansion located on Minister's Hill area, Mabushi Abuja. Dino told Saharareporters that the offices of the group was burgled by unknown person after it revealed that Mr. Orubebe was involved in other scams totalling N29 billion in ficticious contracts.

http://saharareporters.com/news-page/anti-corruption-activist-provides-photos-mansion-built-minister-orubebe-abuja

Re: Mansion Built For Minister Of Niger-Delta In Abuja (Pictures) - SaharaReporters by Nobody: 2:42pm On Nov 03, 2012
So what should we do now? Burn down the house? I hate reading this kind of news because it stirs the anger in me! angry

6 Likes

Re: Mansion Built For Minister Of Niger-Delta In Abuja (Pictures) - SaharaReporters by PROUDIGBO(m): 3:24pm On Nov 03, 2012
I'm still wondering the purpose of this ministry sef. undecided Seems like it's just a conduit pipe to embezzle and launder funds.

Instead of all this faffing about, why not approve a decent oil derivation % for oil producing states (say like 50%), and empower NDDC better to concentrate on world-class projects that benefit the entire region, rather than the present situation where they get involved in local gov't level projects like clinics, boreholes, classroom blocks, hostels, etc; then we can have a project monitoring unit in the office if the special adviser on Niger Delta affairs that keeps an eye on the quality and timescales of said NDDC projects, as well as monitors how the states use their own revenue to impact the lifes of the oil producing communities in their states; this would mean less expenses on overheads and admin.

2 Likes

Re: Mansion Built For Minister Of Niger-Delta In Abuja (Pictures) - SaharaReporters by PaulJohn1: 4:08pm On Nov 03, 2012
Good looking house.
But I wonder what's unusual in a minister building a house undecided

The house doesn't even poses the perfect quality of a standard mansion. Bring you cool cash and I'll design what a mansion is for you. wink

What we call a mansion in this part of the world is what a common draft man can design/construct sketch/draw. angry

4 Likes

Re: Mansion Built For Minister Of Niger-Delta In Abuja (Pictures) - SaharaReporters by Nobody: 7:22pm On Nov 03, 2012
Paul John: Good looking house.
But I wonder what's unusual in a minister building a house undecided

The house doesn't even poses the perfect quality of a standard mansion. Bring you cool cash and I'll design what a mansion is for you. wink

What we call a mansion in this part of the world is what a common draft man can design/construct sketch/draw. angry
Nigerian politicians and money bags got no class.
Re: Mansion Built For Minister Of Niger-Delta In Abuja (Pictures) - SaharaReporters by Nobody: 8:19pm On Nov 03, 2012
Okay
Re: Mansion Built For Minister Of Niger-Delta In Abuja (Pictures) - SaharaReporters by Yungeagle(m): 8:20pm On Nov 03, 2012
berem: So what should we do now? Burn down the house? I hate reading this kind of news because it stirs the anger in me! angry
relax bro urs d come.
Re: Mansion Built For Minister Of Niger-Delta In Abuja (Pictures) - SaharaReporters by Nobody: 8:23pm On Nov 03, 2012
THAT DONT LOOK IMPRESSIVE. I AM SURE HE CAN AFFORD TO BUILD THAT ON HIS SALARY. NOT SAYING HE IS NOT A THIEF BUT THATS A REGULAR HOUSE
Re: Mansion Built For Minister Of Niger-Delta In Abuja (Pictures) - SaharaReporters by ismhab(m): 8:23pm On Nov 03, 2012
A great thief.
Re: Mansion Built For Minister Of Niger-Delta In Abuja (Pictures) - SaharaReporters by venorite(m): 8:26pm On Nov 03, 2012
Yungeagle: relax bro urs d come.
na woman and she is always bitter...i dont know if na she cari all naija's prob for head....chill miss

2 Likes

Re: Mansion Built For Minister Of Niger-Delta In Abuja (Pictures) - SaharaReporters by Cultured(m): 8:26pm On Nov 03, 2012
What's the big deal here . The last time I checked it's not a crime for someone to be successful in life .

1 Like

Re: Mansion Built For Minister Of Niger-Delta In Abuja (Pictures) - SaharaReporters by valdubem(m): 8:26pm On Nov 03, 2012
Soo? So a minister of d federal republic can't own a house now?

These guys should go look for something and do with their time.
Re: Mansion Built For Minister Of Niger-Delta In Abuja (Pictures) - SaharaReporters by Gabrielsylar(m): 8:27pm On Nov 03, 2012
Both obama and mitt spent billions of dollars on election........when the country still has huge deficit...but once sahara see house it becomes photo news...

1 Like

Re: Mansion Built For Minister Of Niger-Delta In Abuja (Pictures) - SaharaReporters by evatee(m): 8:29pm On Nov 03, 2012
NONSENSE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
wld dis stop PDP from splitting into three factions
Re: Mansion Built For Minister Of Niger-Delta In Abuja (Pictures) - SaharaReporters by Nobody: 8:29pm On Nov 03, 2012
dats a normal house....come to owerri and aba u will see wht we call manssion.................

2 Likes

Re: Mansion Built For Minister Of Niger-Delta In Abuja (Pictures) - SaharaReporters by CONJI: 8:29pm On Nov 03, 2012
I know with his salary alone , he can put up something of this nature any where in the world. Let us stop back biring in this country, it did us no good. Please!
Re: Mansion Built For Minister Of Niger-Delta In Abuja (Pictures) - SaharaReporters by Nobody: 8:29pm On Nov 03, 2012
GOOD!!

I WOULDNT EXPECT ANYTHING LESS THAN THAT SPLENDID PALACE. AFTERALL HE IS FROM OIL-RICH NIGER-DELTA.

SO WHAT CAN Y'ALL INTERNET WARRIORS DO ABOUT IT? TOOTHLESS BULLDOGS. INSTEAD OF OCCUPYING NIGERIA IN JANUARY 2012, Y'ALL WERE SHAKING YOUR BOOTIES AT MKO ABIOLA SQUARE TO MUSIC FROM ARTISTES LIKE BANKY W AND TERRY G.

GO AND OCCUPY THAT MANSION NAW. MU HE HE HE HE HE HE HE HE! grin
Re: Mansion Built For Minister Of Niger-Delta In Abuja (Pictures) - SaharaReporters by Nobody: 8:30pm On Nov 03, 2012
And una say make i no do my own wen i rch dere?
C as d house b like yankee...
Make una no blame me, blem d ppl wey scatta my orientation like dada
Re: Mansion Built For Minister Of Niger-Delta In Abuja (Pictures) - SaharaReporters by Nobody: 8:30pm On Nov 03, 2012
berem: So what should we do now? Burn down the house? I hate reading this kind of news because it stirs the anger in me! angry

You're not Alone on this.

I mean, you wanna accuse someone of corruption, why must it be tied to some property?
Re: Mansion Built For Minister Of Niger-Delta In Abuja (Pictures) - SaharaReporters by CONJI: 8:30pm On Nov 03, 2012
I know with his salary alone , he can put up something of this nature any where in the world. Let us stop back biting in this country, it did us no good. Please!
Re: Mansion Built For Minister Of Niger-Delta In Abuja (Pictures) - SaharaReporters by Nobody: 8:32pm On Nov 03, 2012
We all know this, and it's perhaps only a matter of time before Dino himself joins the looters again.

1 Like

Re: Mansion Built For Minister Of Niger-Delta In Abuja (Pictures) - SaharaReporters by Ganys: 8:33pm On Nov 03, 2012
some one should tell this Dino Guy to shut up...His pikin is busy dancing azonto for Bisi Ibidapo Obe's belle & he is busy ranting about, which kai papa u e be sef...mtcheww
TELL MR. DINO MELAYE TO tell us where he see 10 millionaira he donated for his actress gf movie premier undecided

1 Like

Re: Mansion Built For Minister Of Niger-Delta In Abuja (Pictures) - SaharaReporters by temizt: 8:33pm On Nov 03, 2012
Is this what you call a mansion? Mchew
Re: Mansion Built For Minister Of Niger-Delta In Abuja (Pictures) - SaharaReporters by andyanders: 8:34pm On Nov 03, 2012
Dino should go and look for work than looking for people. Let him go and clear his name with controversial pregnancy and also say how he got 10 million he gave a female friend.
Re: Mansion Built For Minister Of Niger-Delta In Abuja (Pictures) - SaharaReporters by philipstanley(m): 8:35pm On Nov 03, 2012
Gossip
Re: Mansion Built For Minister Of Niger-Delta In Abuja (Pictures) - SaharaReporters by Tyche(m): 8:37pm On Nov 03, 2012
Anti corruption indeed.
Re: Mansion Built For Minister Of Niger-Delta In Abuja (Pictures) - SaharaReporters by oladapoa1(m): 8:38pm On Nov 03, 2012
free d minister joor...na MINISTER na no be counselor
Re: Mansion Built For Minister Of Niger-Delta In Abuja (Pictures) - SaharaReporters by orelove4liff: 8:40pm On Nov 03, 2012
Idiot Dino melaye is fightin relevance.is he nt d one dat gav 10million naira to actress Lola Alao? Orubebe was in money b4 he became a minista.Dino melaye shld shut up becos he is nt fightin 4 d masses but his pocket
Re: Mansion Built For Minister Of Niger-Delta In Abuja (Pictures) - SaharaReporters by ibedun: 8:41pm On Nov 03, 2012
I am sure most of you have never built a house in your life. What you are seeing is a full fledge mansion by any standard.

The comments here is part of the reasons our polithiefs are stealing us to death

5 Likes

Re: Mansion Built For Minister Of Niger-Delta In Abuja (Pictures) - SaharaReporters by a1solution: 8:42pm On Nov 03, 2012
PROUD-IGBO:
I'm still wondering the purpose of this ministry sef. undecided Seems like it's just a conduit pipe to embezzle and launder funds.

Instead of all this faffing about, why not approve a decent oil derivation % for oil producing states (say like 50%), and empower NDDC better to concentrate on world-class projects that benefit the entire region, rather than the present situation where they get involved in local gov't level projects like clinics, boreholes, classroom blocks, hostels, etc; then we can have a project monitoring unit in the office if the special adviser on Niger Delta affairs that keeps an eye on the quality and timescales of said NDDC projects, as well as monitors how the states use their own revenue to impact the lifes of the oil producing communities in their states; this would mean less expenses on overheads and admin.
do you trust NDDC? Are they not birds of same fearther?
Re: Mansion Built For Minister Of Niger-Delta In Abuja (Pictures) - SaharaReporters by erniok(m): 8:42pm On Nov 03, 2012
Gabriel_sylar: Both obama and mitt spent billions of dollars on election........when the country still has huge deficit...but once sahara see house it becomes photo news...
my friend keep quiet. it is guys like you that make this country the way she is. go and read about the watergate scandal and get some education.
Re: Mansion Built For Minister Of Niger-Delta In Abuja (Pictures) - SaharaReporters by erniok(m): 8:44pm On Nov 03, 2012
it is obvious from the comments here that we have lost all morals as a people. weep my beloved country.

4 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Fayose To Magu: I Must Not Die In EFCC Cell As You Have Boasted / Wike: I Know They'll Come For Me After Office / Floods Wash Snakes Into Plateau Community.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.