Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,696 members, 7,809,623 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 12:06 PM

Thinking Of Going For Pharmacy Or Dentistry After B.sc In Botany (advice pls) - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Thinking Of Going For Pharmacy Or Dentistry After B.sc In Botany (advice pls) (7534 Views)

How To Go About My Life After B.sc In Geography And Environmental Management / Any Hope For Fresh Graduates With Bsc Botany In Nigeria / Advice Me : Pharmacy or Physiology? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Thinking Of Going For Pharmacy Or Dentistry After B.sc In Botany (advice pls) by Ozegbe(m): 6:11pm On Nov 03, 2012
hello guys....i want to go back to school due to the fact that am not really happy with the course i just finish from (biotechnology), career wise. I have been offer a job of 70/month. Though i have taken the job but i want to write direct entry next year into either pharmacy or dentistry because medicine is too competitive. i am also a certified oracle dba and certified java programmer and even teach students computer applications package. the thought of doing my masters in information technology have also crossed my mind. The truth is that at my quiet time i still think of the medical career. I turned 24 a month ago. I just need advise from any experienced person. Thanks in advance for your well thought advice and time.
Re: Thinking Of Going For Pharmacy Or Dentistry After B.sc In Botany (advice pls) by Nobody: 7:21pm On Nov 03, 2012
first,
Competiveness in securing an entry sit to medicine shudnt be an excuse 2bag yet, another undesired 2nd degree. (this inturn will lead 2another dissatifaction)
If Medicine is Ur passion, stick 2it (ruling out ur option of pharm and dentistry).

1 Like

Re: Thinking Of Going For Pharmacy Or Dentistry After B.sc In Botany (advice pls) by Nobody: 7:25pm On Nov 03, 2012
70K Nigerian Currency is Never a downright, appaling remuneration for an average Nigeria Graduate(fresher) considering the current economic situation. That brings forth the question, if ur desire 4second degree (medicine) is either for Remuneration or passion....??

2 Likes

Re: Thinking Of Going For Pharmacy Or Dentistry After B.sc In Botany (advice pls) by Nobody: 8:11pm On Nov 03, 2012
so, if ur intentions are passion driven, move On!! its pays at last.(passion, satisfaction outwieghts stress and remuneration).
I did the same, happy ever since.....
Re: Thinking Of Going For Pharmacy Or Dentistry After B.sc In Botany (advice pls) by Nobody: 8:15pm On Nov 03, 2012
the real answers lie within U, its not 2late for U at 24. Ur programming and network skills can be ur part-time, liesure Job that pays off whilst U remain in Ur passion driven field.....
Re: Thinking Of Going For Pharmacy Or Dentistry After B.sc In Botany (advice pls) by Nobody: 8:26pm On Nov 03, 2012
Abroad option; with Ur previous Undergrad Degree In Biological science (mostly 2.1), a good skl in central America/caribbean can admit u to their 4year American-styled curicullum (3yrs and 4months). All the best.
Re: Thinking Of Going For Pharmacy Or Dentistry After B.sc In Botany (advice pls) by Ozegbe(m): 4:37am On Nov 04, 2012
fedico21: Abroad option; with Ur previous Undergrad Degree In Biological science (mostly 2.1), a good skl in central America/caribbean can admit u to their 4year American-styled curicullum (3yrs and 4months). All the best.
for medicine?
Re: Thinking Of Going For Pharmacy Or Dentistry After B.sc In Botany (advice pls) by Nobody: 8:54am On Nov 04, 2012
yea. Actually medicine is studied as a second Undergraduate (medical school), in central and north America.
Re: Thinking Of Going For Pharmacy Or Dentistry After B.sc In Botany (advice pls) by Ozegbe(m): 11:59am On Nov 09, 2012
fedico21: yea. Actually medicine is studied as a second Undergraduate (medical school), in central and north America.
Thanks for advice so far..i really appreciate it...
can u be so kind to list one or two schools with moderate tuition fee in the carribean or north america you mentioned..thx
Re: Thinking Of Going For Pharmacy Or Dentistry After B.sc In Botany (advice pls) by Nobody: 11:52am On Nov 14, 2012
[quote author=Ozegbe]
Thanks for advice so far..i really appreciate it...
can u be so kind to list one or two schools with moderate tuition fee in the Caribbean or north America you mentioned..thx[/quo[b]

1. All saints university of medicine Dominica and saints Vincents
2. windsow university school of medicine st Kitts
3. texila American university, Guyana

All saints university of medicine at the moment is offering a 50% scholarship on tuition and most of the listed schools have their clerkship and clinical rotation phase in the US, Texila American uni is relatively a new school in the southern American continent and offer a low tuition for now. All saints have an appreciable number of Nigerians as their clinical phase can be completed at University of Ibadan medical school. if u so desire. good luck!!!
Re: Thinking Of Going For Pharmacy Or Dentistry After B.sc In Botany (advice pls) by qualified(f): 1:46pm On Nov 20, 2012
If u can afford d abroad thing, go for it.

I ll advise u go for Medicine, u sound like its what u really want. Job availability wise for pharmacy n dentistry, go for pharmacy, u can even own a pharmacy shop after school, even when u work for someone else

all the best.
Re: Thinking Of Going For Pharmacy Or Dentistry After B.sc In Botany (advice pls) by owilondon: 9:33am On Apr 18, 2013
@fedico,please help me with the info on how to apply for admission in all saint university.pls reply.tnks!
Re: Thinking Of Going For Pharmacy Or Dentistry After B.sc In Botany (advice pls) by Nobody: 4:29pm On Apr 23, 2013
owilondon: @fedico,please help me with the info on how to apply for admission in all saint university.pls reply.tnks!
....use your websearch, go thier official site and apply online, sending scan copies of your original results (trancripts). mail me directly if you have additional concern. too busy to check Nairaland.
Re: Thinking Of Going For Pharmacy Or Dentistry After B.sc In Botany (advice pls) by Jamesvirgo: 3:32pm On Sep 19, 2013
Which school did u study biotechnology.....
Re: Thinking Of Going For Pharmacy Or Dentistry After B.sc In Botany (advice pls) by tipzyayd(m): 11:32pm On Aug 30, 2015
Both courses are good..... buh Pharmacist earn d most pay.... followd by Doctors. (medicine and Dentistry).... plus yu must be ready to b treated lik S**t in medical school by yur senior colleagues who yu may b older than in age..... its jus d norm...

buh as a botanist... I will advice yu to go for pharmacy.... dey share a few things in common .... it will help yu blend yur previous knowledge into your new course..

(1) (Reply)

The Best Time To Achieve A Lot In Your Career? / TEK EXPERTS NIGERIA: Discuss Your Horrible Experience With The Company. / Is It Normal To Dream About Your Boss?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.