Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,724 members, 7,955,728 topics. Date: Sunday, 22 September 2024 at 01:56 PM

Sex Before Marriage, Mortal Or Venial Sin? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Sex Before Marriage, Mortal Or Venial Sin? (2071 Views)

10 Reasons Why You Shouldn't Indulge In Sex Before Marriage- Danceville / She Broke Up When I Told Her No Sex Before Marriage / The Lies Of The "No Sex Before Marriage" Deals. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Sex Before Marriage, Mortal Or Venial Sin? by mcevans1(m): 12:46pm On Nov 04, 2012
I have a friend who will not believe that sex before marriage is a mortal sin. Is there anywhere in Church doctrine that specifically spells out that it is?
Re: Sex Before Marriage, Mortal Or Venial Sin? by MrsChima(f): 12:50pm On Nov 04, 2012
The world doesn't stop on one's opinion of what is right and wrong. If he doesn't think it isn't wrong...let him live. He has to answer to his actions and decisions later in life.

That's the beauty of freewill....let him live his life however he sees fit. It won't affect you one bit unless you allow it to.
Re: Sex Before Marriage, Mortal Or Venial Sin? by k2039: 12:51pm On Nov 04, 2012
Mrs.Chima:
The world doesn't stop on one's opinion of what is right and wrong. If he doesn't think it isn't wrong...let him live. He has to answer to his actions and decisions later in life.

That's the beauty of freewill....let him live his life however he sees fit. It won't affect you one bit unless you allow it to.

GBAM

We all see the world the way we are(not necessarily the way it is)
Re: Sex Before Marriage, Mortal Or Venial Sin? by mcevans1(m): 1:00pm On Nov 04, 2012
Mrs.Chima:

But to me it is still a sin because you werent united by God at the time. It says in the Bible, fornication is sinful.
Re: Sex Before Marriage, Mortal Or Venial Sin? by MrsChima(f): 1:03pm On Nov 04, 2012
mc~evans:

But to me it is still a sin because you werent united by God at the time. It says in the Bible, fornication is sinful.

Then don't commit fornication. You are responsible for self and your children.

Do you think engaged couples who have sex before marriage and gets married after sex are sinners?
Re: Sex Before Marriage, Mortal Or Venial Sin? by Nobody: 1:08pm On Nov 04, 2012
Mrs.Chima:

The first time am seeing u make so much sense,plus unprecedented positivity and calmness
Re: Sex Before Marriage, Mortal Or Venial Sin? by mcevans1(m): 1:09pm On Nov 04, 2012
Mrs.Chima:

Then don't commit fornication. You are responsible for self and your children.

Do you think engaged couples who have sex before marriage and gets married after sex are sinners?

Well, If you have sex with a person and eventually marry that person, I do not consider that a sin. By choosing to acknowledge your love physically with another person, you are professing your love for them to God. Are you saying i should allow him to answer to his actions and decisions later in life?
Re: Sex Before Marriage, Mortal Or Venial Sin? by Nobody: 1:11pm On Nov 04, 2012
OP, i believe its a mortal sin,i.e sin against one's own body.the Bible calls it fornication and its punishable if the sinner refuses to repent
Re: Sex Before Marriage, Mortal Or Venial Sin? by Nobody: 1:13pm On Nov 04, 2012
mc~evans:

Well, If you have sex with a person and eventually marry that person, I do not consider that a sin.
FYI, the Bible reckons pre marital sex as sin. Once its outside marriage,its sin
Re: Sex Before Marriage, Mortal Or Venial Sin? by MrsChima(f): 1:14pm On Nov 04, 2012
binger: The first time am seeing u make so much sense,plus unprecedented positivity and calmness

You are more dumber than I thought.
Re: Sex Before Marriage, Mortal Or Venial Sin? by mcevans1(m): 1:14pm On Nov 04, 2012
binger: FYI, the Bible reckons pre marital sex as sin. Once its outside marriage,its sin

Can you please elaborate more on that?
Re: Sex Before Marriage, Mortal Or Venial Sin? by MrsChima(f): 1:15pm On Nov 04, 2012
Hey Vivian! kiss kiss kiss kiss
Re: Sex Before Marriage, Mortal Or Venial Sin? by MrsChima(f): 1:16pm On Nov 04, 2012
mc~evans:

Well, If you have sex with a person and eventually marry that person, I do not consider that a sin. By choosing to acknowledge your love physically with another person, you are professing your love for them to God. Are you saying i should allow him to answer to his actions and decisions later in life?

I see. It is like saying as long as the robber give 10% tithe to the church...he will be forgiven. It doesn't work like that...a sin is a sin is a sin is a sin is a sin.
Re: Sex Before Marriage, Mortal Or Venial Sin? by Nobody: 1:36pm On Nov 04, 2012
Mrs.Chima:

You are more dumber than I thought.
yeah! I knew the real u will come out,dimwit.Oya,start barking as usual like the stray dog that u are!!
Re: Sex Before Marriage, Mortal Or Venial Sin? by mcevans1(m): 1:38pm On Nov 04, 2012
Mrs.Chima:

I see. It is like saying as long as the robber give 10% tithe to the church...he will be forgiven. It doesn't work like that...a sin is a sin is a sin is a sin is a sin.

Alright then. I'll think about it
Re: Sex Before Marriage, Mortal Or Venial Sin? by Nobody: 1:45pm On Nov 04, 2012
mc~evans:

Can you please elaborate more on that?
okay...as u knw,the Bible condemns fornication.and accordin 2 d dictionry,fornication is having s3x with some1 u nt maryd to.so,even if u propose marriage to a girl,as long as u ar nt yet maryd,havin s3x with her is a sin.Thats the HARD truth,buh be reminded,it is pardonable,if u repent of it and ask for forgiveness
Re: Sex Before Marriage, Mortal Or Venial Sin? by MrsChima(f): 1:52pm On Nov 04, 2012
binger: yeah! I knew the real u will come out,dimwit.Oya,start barking as usual like the stray dog that u are!!

Yawns. Nursery boys have better punch that your limp brain azz. (snoozing)
Re: Sex Before Marriage, Mortal Or Venial Sin? by MrsChima(f): 1:53pm On Nov 04, 2012
mc~evans:

Alright then. I'll think about it

Good.
Re: Sex Before Marriage, Mortal Or Venial Sin? by mumumugu(m): 2:02pm On Nov 04, 2012
Am i d only one who tink dat dis shud be in religos sectiƶn
Re: Sex Before Marriage, Mortal Or Venial Sin? by Nobody: 2:15pm On Nov 04, 2012
Mrs.Chima:

Yawns. Nursery boys have better punch that your limp brain azz. (snoozing)
yeah,that was a good bark,buh nt loud enuff,u can do better,show em that u are biggest b1tch in this forum...c'mon,u can do better,b1tch
Re: Sex Before Marriage, Mortal Or Venial Sin? by MrsChima(f): 2:23pm On Nov 04, 2012
binger: yeah,that was a good bark,buh nt loud enuff,u can do better,show em that u are biggest b1tch in this forum...c'mon,u can do better,b1tch

LMAO@vapidero trying to feel better. grin grin grin grin

You foaming at the mouth grin grin grin grin grin...don't have a stroke. It is just chat...on the second thought...have a stroke. wink

(yanks the chain harder)
Re: Sex Before Marriage, Mortal Or Venial Sin? by mcevans1(m): 2:28pm On Nov 04, 2012
Mrs.Chima:

You foaming at the mouth grin grin grin grin grin...don't have a stroke. It is just chat...on the second thought...have a stroke. wink

(yanks the chain harder)

grin grin Please you guys should take it easy ohh
Re: Sex Before Marriage, Mortal Or Venial Sin? by Nobody: 2:43pm On Nov 04, 2012
Mrs.Chima:

(yanks the chain harder)
*watches in awe as she obeys* u are really making me proud...louder now,another shot b1tch.bark 4 me
Re: Sex Before Marriage, Mortal Or Venial Sin? by MrsChima(f): 2:49pm On Nov 04, 2012
mc~evans:

grin grin Please you guys should take it easy ohh
grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

Let me email him some tampons and painkillers for those cramps. grin grin grin grin You know how women get during that time of the month.
Re: Sex Before Marriage, Mortal Or Venial Sin? by mcevans1(m): 3:05pm On Nov 04, 2012
Mrs.Chima:

Let me email him some tampons and painkillers for those cramps. grin grin grin grin You know how women get during that time of the month.

Hahahahahaha. R u guys always like this? Hmmm it seems like this is not the first time. Anywayz, I'm watching.
Re: Sex Before Marriage, Mortal Or Venial Sin? by Nobody: 3:11pm On Nov 04, 2012
Mrs.Chima:

hehehehe!! Why didn't u quote and reply me directly? U didn't want to make it obvious that u are barking 4 me,right?? Lmao...#thebitch ainttoosmart...pls don't lemme interrupt.resume barking,b1tch:-D:-D
Re: Sex Before Marriage, Mortal Or Venial Sin? by MrsChima(f): 3:17pm On Nov 04, 2012
mc~evans:

Hahahahahaha. R u guys always like this? Hmmm it seems like this is not the first time. Anywayz, I'm watching.

No...that is a manbitch i have slaighfered using a different name. As you can see in my post history...i dont speak to that niggabiatch unless spoken to.

He is a fan that craves my attention. Typical.

Enjoy the show suga.
Re: Sex Before Marriage, Mortal Or Venial Sin? by MrsChima(f): 3:19pm On Nov 04, 2012
binger: hehehehe!! Why didn't u quote and reply me directly? U didn't want to make it obvious that u are barking 4 me,right?? Lmao...#thebitch ainttoosmart...pls don't lemme interrupt.resume barking,b1tch:-D:-D

Here is a bib..you are teething and slobbering.

Did you get the right tampon? How are the cramps?
Re: Sex Before Marriage, Mortal Or Venial Sin? by mcevans1(m): 3:31pm On Nov 04, 2012
Mrs.Chima:

No...that is a manbitch i have slaighfered using a different name. As you can see in my post history...i dont speak to that niggabiatch unless spoken to.

He is a fan that craves my attention. Typical.

Enjoy the show suga.

I did go through ur wall hun. Can I follow u?
Re: Sex Before Marriage, Mortal Or Venial Sin? by Syncan(m): 4:58pm On Nov 04, 2012
mc~evans:
I have a friend who will not believe that sex before marriage is a mortal sin. Is there anywhere in Church doctrine that specifically spells out that it is?

I think from your post, both of you agree that it is a sin, just that you do not agree on if it is mortal or venial.that's if it leads to death or does not (as stated in the bible). Well the church that calls it "mortal and venial sins" still puts forward these criteria as what makes a sin grave. 1. Is it a sin? 2. Do you know that it is a sin? 3. Did you commit it with full knowledge that it is a sin? If yes to all, then you've gravely offended (mortal sin).
Re: Sex Before Marriage, Mortal Or Venial Sin? by MrsChima(f): 5:15pm On Nov 04, 2012
mc~evans:

I did go through ur wall hun. Can I follow u?

You sure can siga...cant have enough fans. Winks.

1 Like

Re: Sex Before Marriage, Mortal Or Venial Sin? by mcevans1(m): 6:17pm On Nov 04, 2012
Mrs.Chima:

You sure can siga...cant have enough fans. Winks.

Okay my lady.. Im right behind ya.. wink cheesy

(1) (Reply)

An Introverts Guide To Successful Flirting/dating / My Friend"s Reaction To The Ondo Girl I Met. / Photo Of The Week ::guess Who Is The Boy In This Pic Full Of Girls

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.