Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,757 members, 7,824,174 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 02:55 AM

Transmission Fluids, Getting The Right One For Your Vehicle - Autos (16) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Autos / Transmission Fluids, Getting The Right One For Your Vehicle (129528 Views)

Valvoline Dexron VI Fully Synthetic Automatic Transmission Fluids- Book Now! / Honda Accord Eod Parts (air Bags And Transmission Fluids (atf). / SOLD Original Honda Dw-1 Atf Automatic Transmission Fluids SOLD (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) ... (41) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Transmission Fluids, Getting The Right One For Your Vehicle by sooperrescue(m): 1:58pm On Sep 12, 2015
Congrats and welcome to the Motorist club of Nigeria. membership requirement is that you own a car. We just launched the club for the sake of protecting Nigerians in terms of parts, repairs and protection from law enforcement agencies. Use Total Q7000. To register just send a mail to info@arcnigeria.com stating your car brand, year and your telephone number. Membership is free.
Re: Transmission Fluids, Getting The Right One For Your Vehicle by lekzy007(m): 3:21pm On Sep 12, 2015
sooperrescue:
Congrats and welcome to the Motorist club of Nigeria. membership requirement is that you own a car. We just launched the club for the sake of protecting Nigerians in terms of parts, repairs and protection from law enforcement agencies. Use Total Q7000. To register just send a mail to info@arcnigeria.com stating your car brand, year and your telephone number. Membership is free.

thanks,I really appreciate I have sent you a mail.
Re: Transmission Fluids, Getting The Right One For Your Vehicle by umblicachucks(m): 3:21pm On Sep 22, 2015
I use Toyota Camry 1997 model please which engine oil and atf should I use for the car. Hoping for your quick response
Re: Transmission Fluids, Getting The Right One For Your Vehicle by sooperrescue(m): 9:03pm On Sep 22, 2015
Use Total. Q7000 and mobile atf dexron 2e
Re: Transmission Fluids, Getting The Right One For Your Vehicle by vorigan: 11:55am On Sep 30, 2015
sooperrescue, I have a 2004 liberty jeep, had a transmission fluid change using those red containers and before you know it, the transmission overheating light started coming on and the transmission fluid started overheating. After months, I changed the transmission fluid to the proper ATF+4 but the overheating still continued until the transmission failed. Finally, I bought a new transmission and had it fixed with the proper fluid used (mopar ATF+4). the problem is; for the past two weeks, the transmission fluid overheating light keeps coming on and I can perceive the burnt fluid when the light comes on. What is causing this? I plan on having the fluid changed, is it a cooling problem or a cooling line issue? the vehicle engine doesn't overheat at all.
Re: Transmission Fluids, Getting The Right One For Your Vehicle by ifnyioj22(m): 1:25pm On Sep 30, 2015
Pls i av a mitsubishi endeavour 2005 what is the right atf for it? My mechanic just told me that the oil is light,but it's not looking black nor smell burnt!
Re: Transmission Fluids, Getting The Right One For Your Vehicle by sooperrescue(m): 6:55am On Oct 01, 2015
ifnyioj22:
Pls i av a mitsubishi endeavour 2005 what is the right atf for it? My mechanic just told me that the oil is light,but it's not looking black nor smell burnt!
Sp 111. Our Pureguard fits the specifications. Is the gear shift okay?

vorigan:
sooperrescue, I have a 2004 liberty jeep, had a transmission fluid change using those red containers and before you know it, the transmission overheating light started coming on and the transmission fluid started overheating. After months, I changed the transmission fluid to the proper ATF+4 but the overheating still continued until the transmission failed. Finally, I bought a new transmission and had it fixed with the proper fluid used (mopar ATF+4). the problem is; for the past two weeks, the transmission fluid overheating light keeps coming on and I can perceive the burnt fluid when the light comes on. What is causing this? I plan on having the fluid changed, is it a cooling problem or a cooling line issue? the vehicle engine doesn't overheat at all.
Which of the ATF4 that was used and was the car scanned after the new transmission was installed?
Re: Transmission Fluids, Getting The Right One For Your Vehicle by vorigan: 7:17am On Oct 01, 2015
sooperrescue:

Which of the ATF4 that was used and was the car scanned after the new transmission was installed?

The recommended mopar ATF+4 as written on the dipstick. The car was scanned, no error codes. Infact its been well and shifting better than the old.
Re: Transmission Fluids, Getting The Right One For Your Vehicle by sooperrescue(m): 4:36pm On Oct 01, 2015
Where is the car? The worrisome thing about buying used gear boxes is that we don't know the status of the gear other than it is Toks. I rather repair the old gear than buying another gear with no history. If we can see the car for inspection, it will be better than speculating. We are in ikeja
Re: Transmission Fluids, Getting The Right One For Your Vehicle by vorigan: 7:31pm On Oct 01, 2015
sooperrescue:
Where is the car? The worrisome thing about buying used gear boxes is that we don't know the status of the gear other than it is Toks. I rather repair the old gear than buying another gear with no history. If we can see the car for inspection, it will be better than speculating. We are in ikeja

Abuja
Re: Transmission Fluids, Getting The Right One For Your Vehicle by sooperrescue(m): 4:26am On Oct 02, 2015
Take the car to our Oando autocare at wuse zone 4
Re: Transmission Fluids, Getting The Right One For Your Vehicle by medacares: 9:15am On Oct 25, 2015
sooperrescue:
With the growing trend of failed automatic transmissions, it is imperative that you use the right transmission fluids for your vehicle. There are no fake transmission fluids in Nigeria, it is the motorist who is not aware of the fluid that their vehicles require and as such uses any fluid that is cheap and affordable. You find people using Abro on a Murano and you begin to agonise on their behalf. Why is this common like finding a motorist with a blackberry phone putting Dexron 11 ATF on a vehicle that requires Type IV when he can easily google the type of ATF to use or like a gentleman that used Dexron 111 on a 2008 Mercedes Sclass. Why buy a car you cannot maintain? As we prepare for the festive season associated with mass movement, do this for your vehicle: check if there is sludge in your engine, if your ATF is black or has a burnt smell, if your gear has shifting problem, and also check if your tyres are winter or all season tyres with reduced speed capability. If you are buying new tyres, ensure that they are all traction A, temperature A. Change your air filter regularly and if you need further assistance on the above issues, send us a mail and we shall respond as soon as possible. nigeriaarc@hotmail.com or info@arcnigeria.com
Rescue and Recovery Nigeria Limited

Good Day
Please I need advice on what to about my car engine.
I use Honda Accord 2001 LX (babyboy)
My car engine shorts engine oil, and I realized that it sometimes smokes a little.
I have visited a couple of mechanics on this issue they keep saying I need to buy a new engine. But my fear is getting a very good engine that will work as new I mean tokumbo @least.
Though I intend buying a complete engine with the gear box.
Please what do u suggest I do to this issue and if I am to change d engine oil. Is there somewhere u can recommend for me to get a very good engine? My location is Abj.
Kudus911@gmail.com
Re: Transmission Fluids, Getting The Right One For Your Vehicle by sooperrescue(m): 11:57am On Oct 27, 2015
Good day, first of all, what type of oil are you using on your honda? Have you been following the manufacturer's specified lubricants? Buying a new used engine is not going to solve the problem until you stop using anyhow oil. Try and start using Synthetic oils which is meant for your car and I recommend that you go to our Oando Autocare outlet at Zone 4 and they will check for sludge in the engine first. That way, we can decide whether you need new engine or not.
Re: Transmission Fluids, Getting The Right One For Your Vehicle by medacares: 1:54pm On Oct 27, 2015
sooperrescue:
Good day, first of all, what type of oil are you using on your honda? Have you been following the manufacturer's specified lubricants? Buying a new used engine is not going to solve the problem until you stop using anyhow oil. Try and start using Synthetic oils which is meant for your car and I recommend that you go to our Oando Autocare outlet at Zone 4 and they will check for sludge in the engine first. That way, we can decide whether you need new engine or not.

I use total 5000. I was using Oando engine oil. And I didn't notice any changes it still shorts oil. Infact it starting smoking when I was using Oando engine oil.
Re: Transmission Fluids, Getting The Right One For Your Vehicle by sooperrescue(m): 5:56pm On Oct 27, 2015
Q5000 is 20w50 and funny enough is not recommended for your car. Even. Oando except their synthetic. flush the engine and use synthetic oil and I recommend Oando syn
Re: Transmission Fluids, Getting The Right One For Your Vehicle by medacares: 7:00pm On Oct 28, 2015
sooperrescue:
Q5000 is 20w50 and funny enough is not recommended for your car. Even. Oando except their synthetic. flush the engine and use synthetic oil and I recommend Oando syn

Thank you Sir.
I have been to zone 4 it has been confirmed that there is sludge in my engine. Pls what's d next line of action?
Re: Transmission Fluids, Getting The Right One For Your Vehicle by sooperrescue(m): 9:29pm On Oct 29, 2015
Go back next week, they will have engine flush and they'll flush your engine with it and put synthetic oil and then we watch for the next 6months
Re: Transmission Fluids, Getting The Right One For Your Vehicle by medacares: 7:24am On Oct 30, 2015
sooperrescue:
Go back next week, they will have engine flush and they'll flush your engine with it and put synthetic oil and then we watch for the next 6months

Kk. Thank u Sir.
Re: Transmission Fluids, Getting The Right One For Your Vehicle by Tommy03: 9:22pm On Nov 02, 2015
Sooperrescue,
I need to be rescued, appreciate the wonderful support you have been rendering to many. I am looking for the ATF for VW Tiguan 2011; recommended for it is G 052 182 A2 and this I have searched for but no luck in the local market. The clutch is DSG 7 speed. I will appreciate if a good available alternative can be recommended for me.
I stay in PH

1 Like

Re: Transmission Fluids, Getting The Right One For Your Vehicle by aktivity: 10:05am On Nov 03, 2015
cool
BrandNu:
Superrescue,
i have a BMW 330i 2002 MODEL. I was hoping for adequate advice on the proper Transmission fluid available in Nigeria for this particular car .
Please advice. Thank you.

NB:
THIS THE FLUID RECOMMENDED but not sure of its availability in NIGERIA

-Liqui Moly Top Tec 1200 Automatic Transmission Fluid - 5 Liter
My name is louis Odili, am a staff of Liqui moly Nigeria limited.
we have All ranges of ATF and Engine oils
Our head office is in PH call 07050886517
e-mail: louis.odili@liqui-moly-nigeria.com
Re: Transmission Fluids, Getting The Right One For Your Vehicle by aktivity: 10:12am On Nov 03, 2015
Tommy03:
Sooperrescue,
I need to be rescued, appreciate the wonderful support you have been rendering to many. I am looking for the ATF for VW Tiguan 2011; recommended for it is G 052 182 A2 and this I have searched for but no luck in the local market. The clutch is DSG 7 speed. I will appreciate if a good available alternative can be recommended for me.
I stay in PH
I stay in PH and our head office is here too
my name is Louis Odili am a staff of LIQUI MOLY NIGERIA LIMITED contact me for All ranges of ATF, Additives/Engine flush and Engine oils -07050886517
Re: Transmission Fluids, Getting The Right One For Your Vehicle by sooperrescue(m): 9:35pm On Nov 03, 2015
Tommy03:
Sooperrescue,
I stay in PH

You are at the right place to be rescued. There is an ATF called Wolfhead Super Universal Synthetic transmission fluid. It fits your vehicle. Get in touch and we will send it to you in PH.

VW 5HP (18FL,19FL, 24A, 30), 6HP(1375.4), LT71141
• VW G-052-162-A1, A2, G-052-182-A2, G-055-025-A2
• VW G-052-533, G-052-990-A2
• VW TL 521 62, TL 52533

aktivity:

I stay in PH and our head office is here too
my name is Louis Odili am a staff of LIQUI MOLY NIGERIA LIMITED contact me for All ranges of ATF, Additives/Engine flush and Engine oils -07050886517

Louis, it is good that you sell ATF and it is wonderful that you are in PH> Please state the type of ATF that you sell. Do you have seahorse, Abro and Dexron 11 and 111 or you sell just Dexron VI. Let us know the oils and their spec sheet so that many forum members will know the quality of the oils you sell and get in touch with you.
Re: Transmission Fluids, Getting The Right One For Your Vehicle by aktivity: 2:27pm On Nov 04, 2015
sooperrescue:

You are at the right place to be rescued. There is an ATF called Wolfhead Super Universal Synthetic transmission fluid. It fits your vehicle. Get in touch and we will send it to you in PH.

VW 5HP (18FL,19FL, 24A, 30), 6HP(1375.4), LT71141
• VW G-052-162-A1, A2, G-052-182-A2, G-055-025-A2
• VW G-052-533, G-052-990-A2
• VW TL 521 62, TL 52533

Louis, it is good that you sell ATF and it is wonderful that you are in PH> Please state the type of ATF that you sell. Do you have seahorse, Abro and Dexron 11 and 111 or you sell just Dexron VI. Let us know the oils and their spec sheet so that many forum members will know the quality of the oils you sell and get in touch with you.

REPLY TO THE ABOVE:

LIQUI MOLY has about 4,000 products ranging from Engine oils, greases, Additives, Brake fluids, ATFs, Hydraulic oils to Car care products.
Our Engine oils (Fully Synthetic oils, Synthetic Technology, Semi synthetic oils and Mineral base oils for both Petrol Engines and Diesel engines)

Our GREASES are EP2 greases( Temperature range of minus 30degrees to Plus 300 degrees)

Our ATFs in the country at the moment include :

ATFIII (GM Dexron IIIG; ZF TE.ML 04D/14A/17C;Voith 55.335.XX; Allison C4; Caterpillar TO 2; Ford Mercon.
MB 231.1;MAN339 Typ Z1;MAN 339 Typ VI.)

TOP TEC ATF 1200 (GM Dexron IIIH; Ford Mercon V; JASO 1A; Toyota Type T.II/T.IV; Allison C4; Caterpillar TO.2; Nissan Matric Fluid D/J/K; Kia SP II/SP III; Hyundai SP II/SP III; Mazda ATF M III/ ATF M V; Hunda ATF Z1(ausser CVT's)
Allison TES 295; JWS 3309; Chrysler ATFt3/t4; MB 236.2/236.3/236.5/236.6/236.7/236.9/236.10/236.11;Daimier NAG 1; BMW LT 71141/LA 2634/7045 E/8072 B; MAN 339 Typ Z1/Z2; MAN 339 Typ V1; ZF TE.ML 02F/03D/04D/05L/09/11B/14A/14B/17C; Voith H 55 335.xx; VW G 052 990; VW 055 025; Volvo 97340/97341; Subaru ATF.

For more info: visit our web site
www.liqui-moly.com
call:07050886517
e-mail:louis.odili@liqui-moly-nigeria.com
Louis Odili
Re: Transmission Fluids, Getting The Right One For Your Vehicle by bong4(m): 2:57pm On Nov 04, 2015
Good Day,

I just stumbled on this. I use a Mercedes 190 (automatic )which i love so much. Please can you recommend a good transmission oil. I currently use a dextron 3. I can't get the product name, while i use Forte oil super v engine oil. Am i on the right track. Thanks.
Re: Transmission Fluids, Getting The Right One For Your Vehicle by sooperrescue(m): 12:01am On Nov 05, 2015
bong4:
Good Day,
I just stumbled on this. I use a Mercedes 190 (automatic )which i love so much. Please can you recommend a good transmission oil. I currently use a dextron 3. I can't get the product name, while i use Forte oil super v engine oil. Am i on the right track. Thanks.

Oando Dexron 111 or TOTAL dexron 111. Dont buy all those red can fluids. Using Super V is not a bad idea but let it be every 3 months. Try and use high quality engine flush to clean the engine.

aktivity:

REPLY TO THE ABOVE:
LIQUI MOLY has about 4,000 products ranging from Engine oils, greases, Additives, Brake fluids, ATFs, Hydraulic oils to Car care products.
Our Engine oils (Fully Synthetic oils, Synthetic Technology, Semi synthetic oils and Mineral base oils for both Petrol Engines and Diesel engines)
Our GREASES are EP2 greases( Temperature range of minus 30degrees to Plus 300 degrees)
Our ATFs in the country at the moment include :
ATFIII (GM Dexron IIIG; ZF TE.ML 04D/14A/17C;Voith 55.335.XX; Allison C4; Caterpillar TO 2; Ford Mercon.
MB 231.1;MAN339 Typ Z1;MAN 339 Typ VI.)
TOP TEC ATF 1200 (GM Dexron IIIH; Ford Mercon V; JASO 1A; Toyota Type T.II/T.IV; Allison C4; Caterpillar TO.2; Nissan Matric Fluid D/J/K; Kia SP II/SP III; Hyundai SP II/SP III; Mazda ATF M III/ ATF M V; Hunda ATF Z1(ausser CVT's)
Allison TES 295; JWS 3309; Chrysler ATFt3/t4; MB 236.2/236.3/236.5/236.6/236.7/236.9/236.10/236.11;Daimier NAG 1; BMW LT 71141/LA 2634/7045 E/8072 B; MAN 339 Typ Z1/Z2; MAN 339 Typ V1; ZF TE.ML 02F/03D/04D/05L/09/11B/14A/14B/17C; Voith H 55 335.xx; VW G 052 990; VW 055 025; Volvo 97340/97341; Subaru ATF.
For more info: visit our web site
www.liqui-moly.com
call:07050886517
e-mail:louis.odili@liqui-moly-nigeria.com
Louis Odili

Good to know. But they are Dexron 111. This is the oil that is fraudulently listed as life oil but it is not always so. A Dexron 111 cannot work as ATF Z1 or even NAG 1 7 speed Mercedes oil. There is Valvoline Dexron 3 that a client ordered. Their car list was Honda 1989- 1995. If Valvoline Dexron 111, has that characteristics, where did your Dexron 111h get all the fabulous list?
Re: Transmission Fluids, Getting The Right One For Your Vehicle by aktivity: 3:01pm On Nov 05, 2015
sooperrescue:

Oando Dexron 111 or TOTAL dexron 111. Dont buy all those red can fluids. Using Super V is not a bad idea but let it be every 3 months. Try and use high quality engine flush to clean the engine.

Good to know. But they are Dexron 111. This is the oil that is fraudulently listed as life oil but it is not always so. A Dexron 111 cannot work as ATF Z1 or even NAG 1 7 speed Mercedes oil. There is Valvoline Dexron 3 that a client ordered. Their car list was Honda 1989- 1995. If Valvoline Dexron 111, has that characteristics, where did your Dexron 111h get all the fabulous list?

REPLY TO ABOVE:

for verification check our site as stated earlier and below
www.liqui-moly.com
OUR SOURCE IS GERMANY
Just 1 source.
One of the world's best lubricant.
Re: Transmission Fluids, Getting The Right One For Your Vehicle by sooperrescue(m): 4:10pm On Nov 05, 2015
I trust your website and I am not disputing your products. They are dexron 111 and dexron 111cannot be used on Mercedes Nag I neither on all the numbers for Vw Your Top 1700 that's said to be fully synthetic, Can you list the cars it is recommended for from your earlier post but as listed on your website. the fact that it was made in Germany does not give it superior quality. Many motorists are hurting cos of companies like yours desirous of making money out of their ignorance. Your dexron 111 might be better than most in its category but adding dexron v1 capabilities to it even as 111h is subject to verification and until you have tried it on your cars, dont vouch for made in Germany products.
Re: Transmission Fluids, Getting The Right One For Your Vehicle by Nobody: 1:21pm On Nov 11, 2015
Hello,

I need help with my Hyundai Santa Fe 2002 v6 2.7 L. I'll try to give as much detailed explanation of the problem as possible.

Being my first car, I treat it like a baby. I service it every 2 months (I change oil and oil filter). I run to Baba Saheed (my own Kazeem) anytime I hear a strange sound or the movement doesn't feel right. I must confess that beyond the regular servicing, I didn't know much about my car till 3 weeks ago when my car started acting funny.

The problem is that when I start the car cold, it moves very smoothly without problems, but If I have a reason to stop or slow down after about 30 minutes (or the car heats up), it becomes difficult to accelerate. The best way to explain this is that it feels as if I'm trying to move a stationary manual transmission with gear 3 instead of gear 1. When the car picks up speed, it becomes a beast, everything returns to normal; but problem starts again if I have cause to slow down. I sometimes perceive the smell of oil when this happens, but don't know which oil that is. Also, if I happen to drive into a car wash, and I need to climb the elevated washing platform so that they can wash the under properly, the car doesn't have enough power to climb the raised platform. I was in Abeokuta last week, and drove down a sloppy street. When it was time to come out, the car didn't have enough power to drive up the slope again (which was very embarrassing), I had to drive out of the street with reverse (the reverse has full power, if not too much power sef - it can climb anything).

I usually get home very late, so by the time I drive to Baba Saheed the next morning, my car is acting all nice and driving smoothly, so it becomes difficult for him to fully grasp what I'm trying to explain. As a novice, I've spent almost 70k in 2 weeks, and it's pretty obvious the problem hasn't even been touched. I've changed Air Flow Meter, Spark Plugs, Injector Mouth, and Coil just to name a few.

Frustrated, I took to google few days ago, and I almost hid my head in shame when I realized all the basic things I never knew and/or never paid attention to. I'm glad I did cos in few days I can say I've learnt so much. The Hyundai forums have been very helpful also, but I can say I've been able to narrow down the problem to transmission (or so I think).

Before spending another dime on the car (or taking it to Hyundai, which is what I intend doing next), I want to hear from all the car gurus in the house for suggestions based on what I've described above.

NB: My gear oil is dark brownish red in colour, and I can't describe the smell jare. I was advised in the Hyundai forum to drain the gear oil and replace with SP III, Where can I get original SP III in Lagos?

Re: Transmission Fluids, Getting The Right One For Your Vehicle by sooperrescue(m): 1:46pm On Nov 11, 2015
Call 08098534267 and let us put the car back in order. We have pureguard automatic transmission fluid and it works very well with your car specifications
Re: Transmission Fluids, Getting The Right One For Your Vehicle by Experience4u(m): 10:05pm On Nov 11, 2015
Please what is the recommended transmission oil for Toyota Lexus RS300 2002.
Also what is the transmission oil for Toyota rav4 2004. Thanks
Re: Transmission Fluids, Getting The Right One For Your Vehicle by sooperrescue(m): 1:40am On Nov 12, 2015
Toyota type T 1v. They use the same transmission fluid and they are identical in all components except that Lexus runs on premium unleaded fuel ⛽ while the highlander runs on regular unleaded fuel
Re: Transmission Fluids, Getting The Right One For Your Vehicle by Experience4u(m): 6:26am On Nov 12, 2015
Do you have the oil and how much is it sold
sooperrescue:
Toyota type T 1v. They use the same transmission fluid and they are identical in all components except that Lexus runs on premium unleaded fuel ⛽ while the highlander runs on regular unleaded fuel

(1) (2) (3) ... (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) ... (41) (Reply)

Cheap Cotonou Car/suv Delivered To Nigeria By Hassan See Pictures / Dealer Plate Numbers Are Available / Come In For Your Comprehensive Vehicle History Report*+234-806-036-5068 With Pix

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.