Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,755 members, 7,817,086 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 04:16 AM

Transmission Fluids, Getting The Right One For Your Vehicle - Autos (18) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Autos / Transmission Fluids, Getting The Right One For Your Vehicle (129272 Views)

Valvoline Dexron VI Fully Synthetic Automatic Transmission Fluids- Book Now! / Honda Accord Eod Parts (air Bags And Transmission Fluids (atf). / SOLD Original Honda Dw-1 Atf Automatic Transmission Fluids SOLD (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) ... (41) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Transmission Fluids, Getting The Right One For Your Vehicle by faai(m): 8:22pm On Nov 21, 2015
Thanks for ur help but my present mech is not too gud with d gearbox repair, he made me buy 8litres embarassed of ATF at first & still battling with my gearbox since last week without solution angry. He advice I get new filter. winkPls can u recommend a better auto mech around Akure.
Re: Transmission Fluids, Getting The Right One For Your Vehicle by faai(m): 8:23pm On Nov 21, 2015
faai:
Thanks for ur help but my present mech is not too gud with d gearbox repair, he made me buy 8litres embarassed of ATF at first & still battling with my gearbox since last week without solution angry. He advice I get new filter. winkPls can u recommend a better auto mech around Akure.
Re: Transmission Fluids, Getting The Right One For Your Vehicle by sooperrescue(m): 8:46pm On Nov 21, 2015
What is wrong with the rodeo.? Let me know the history of the repairs first

1 Like

Re: Transmission Fluids, Getting The Right One For Your Vehicle by faai(m): 10:10pm On Nov 21, 2015
I bought d Rodeo in lagos frm a dealer frnds 3.8yrs ago & drove it to benin where I reside at dat time. D dealer advice I get d gear box service evry 3month since I always traveld wit d car to Abj, ph, akure on regularly. My auto mech was in benin till I decided to relocated to akure 2months. On my way to akure to ondo I saw check Transmission Over Heat indication on my dashboard screen & i noticd d gear wasnt selectng but managed to drive d car to akure & took d car to a frnds mech bcus he told me is gud at gearbox. D mech droppd d gearbox & chargd me #25k + 8 liter oando atf for repair. He askd me to pick it up yestrday,but d car cant selectng gear during testing hence I seek for ur help & advice. Thanks
Re: Transmission Fluids, Getting The Right One For Your Vehicle by faai(m): 10:10pm On Nov 21, 2015
faai:
I bought d Rodeo in lagos frm a dealer frnds 3.8yrs ago & drove it to benin where I reside at dat time. D dealer advice I get d gear box service evry 3month since I always traveld wit d car to Abj, ph, akure on regularly. My auto mech was in benin till I decided to relocated to akure 2months. On my way to akure to ondo I saw check Transmission Over Heat indication on my dashboard screen & i noticd d gear wasnt selectng but managed to drive d car to akure & took d car to a frnds mech bcus he told me is gud at gearbox. D mech droppd d gearbox & chargd me #25k + 8 liter oando atf for repair. He askd me to pick it up yestrday,but d car cant selectng gear during testing hence I seek for ur help & advice. Thanks

1 Share

Re: Transmission Fluids, Getting The Right One For Your Vehicle by sooperrescue(m): 10:47pm On Nov 21, 2015
Let him change the valvebody but before that, what oil were you using to follow the dealer advice though he was wrong about the three months service interval?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Transmission Fluids, Getting The Right One For Your Vehicle by faai(m): 11:23pm On Nov 21, 2015
I ve been using 8 liters sea horse since I bought d car but startd using oando 2months ago. Pls how many liter oil is recommendd for Isuzu Rodeo & how many month is idea for change of oil? cus some1 told me 6litres oil. Appreciatd
Re: Transmission Fluids, Getting The Right One For Your Vehicle by faai(m): 11:25pm On Nov 21, 2015
faai:
I ve been using 8 liters sea horse since I bought d car but startd using oando 2months ago. Pls how many liter oil is recommendd for Isuzu Rodeo & how many month is idea for change of oil? cus some1 told me 6litres oil. Appreciatd
Re: Transmission Fluids, Getting The Right One For Your Vehicle by sooperrescue(m): 9:48am On Nov 22, 2015
There's nothing your mec can do to the gear. Seahorse has destroyed your gear. I suggest that you let him change the fibers in the gear. Seahorse atf d 111d is a fraud and that oil is a waster to the resources of any one that buys it. It is a good for nothing oil. My own views about changing atf is once a year or 6000 miles, 8 litres if the gear is dropped and 6 if u are flushing the gear. The best thing to do is to get a new gear if he cannot get good fibers

1 Like

Re: Transmission Fluids, Getting The Right One For Your Vehicle by faai(m): 1:06pm On Nov 22, 2015
Thanks for your info & assistant. God bless you
Re: Transmission Fluids, Getting The Right One For Your Vehicle by faai(m): 1:07pm On Nov 22, 2015
faai:
Thanks for your info & assistant. God bless you
Re: Transmission Fluids, Getting The Right One For Your Vehicle by sooperrescue(m): 3:11pm On Nov 22, 2015
You are welcome. The gear box is not more than 35k, so get a used gear and use oando dexron 111
Re: Transmission Fluids, Getting The Right One For Your Vehicle by chccho(m): 11:01am On Nov 24, 2015
Hello Mr sooper, thanx for the great job u are doing here.
Pls I would like to know what radiator coolant is best for my SUV at the moment its just water in there but am about to re gas my AC and I noticed that the car temp is usually higher when the AC is in use...
Re: Transmission Fluids, Getting The Right One For Your Vehicle by sooperrescue(m): 11:15pm On Nov 24, 2015
Good evening, you did not tell us the type of suv you drive
Re: Transmission Fluids, Getting The Right One For Your Vehicle by chccho(m): 8:54am On Nov 25, 2015
its a ford explorer
Re: Transmission Fluids, Getting The Right One For Your Vehicle by sooperrescue(m): 10:05am On Nov 25, 2015
There are many in the market but I will suggest freezetone coolant. It is what we use in our range rovers but you cant get it to buy in the open market.
Re: Transmission Fluids, Getting The Right One For Your Vehicle by duno: 10:29am On Nov 25, 2015
Good morning sooperrescue. Thanks for the good job you are doing here. I need your help on the below:

1. I drive a 2002 Toyota Highlander. The transmission oil was changed by a mechanic in July (I don't know the type he used). It had no issues until sometime in September (Gear suddenly started revving and moving slowly.I allowed to cool down and it drove smoothly for like 5 mins and the cycle continued until i got to a mechanic).

2. Mechanic checked the oil said it was black and not good. He drained it and refilled with Oando ATF 2. Gear worked for 1 day. After, it will rev (make noise) when trying to change from gear 2 to 3 before changing. Other wise it worked fine just the occasional revving.

3. About 2 - 3 weeks later, took it to another mechanic, who said Oando ATF 3 was best for the vehicle, but couldn't get to buy. He drained the oil again and filled with Oando ATF 2 and washed the filter. He also said the oil drained was black.

4. The problem still persists (and seem to be getting worse), what to you advise i do. Oil? Filter? etc

Thanks for your response.
Re: Transmission Fluids, Getting The Right One For Your Vehicle by tishot: 10:34pm On Nov 29, 2015
Hi. Do you have NS-3 oil in stock? How much does it cost? Including shipping. My location is Abuja. My email is tishot2001@googlemail.com. pls send email.
Re: Transmission Fluids, Getting The Right One For Your Vehicle by rhames(m): 11:44pm On Dec 05, 2015
which of these type will you recommend for a first time user; diesel or petrol? Which model and year of manufacture? thanks.
Re: Transmission Fluids, Getting The Right One For Your Vehicle by sooperrescue(m): 8:11am On Dec 06, 2015
Run from Diesel of any kind, the Sulfur level is too high and it is destroying all diesel cars
Re: Transmission Fluids, Getting The Right One For Your Vehicle by rhames(m): 1:47pm On Dec 06, 2015
sooperrescue:
Run from Diesel of any kind, the Sulfur level is too high and it is destroying all diesel cars

Thanks for the advice my brother. I am new to Range Rover brand. followed your thread for quite a while. I don't want to buy a new one but want to learn its workings with an old one precisely the sport. Which earlier editions will you recommend for a starter with a working budget N3 Million?

what are the things I should watch out for in that particular model and your advise will come in handy. Thanks.
Re: Transmission Fluids, Getting The Right One For Your Vehicle by sooperrescue(m): 3:18pm On Dec 06, 2015
Hmmm, when you get one, all other brands are no longer worthy of admiration. You can get one at that amount but a naija used. First thing is the battery, second is the battery. The battery must be in good form to enjoy the range and you should also follow the rules, fix the problem before it becomes a major issue. Once it becomes an issue, you spend more to rectify it.
Re: Transmission Fluids, Getting The Right One For Your Vehicle by oba009(m): 5:51pm On Dec 16, 2015
My vehicle manual recommended this type of Automatic Transmission Fluid "DIA QUEEN ATF SPII" or "DIA QUEEN ATF SPII M".

Sooperrescue Can anybody help?

Thanks.
Re: Transmission Fluids, Getting The Right One For Your Vehicle by MrBuzy: 6:26pm On Dec 16, 2015
Please somebody help me with advice. Can I use Mobil 1 Synthetic ATF on Honda Odyssey 2002 Model. My mechanic advised me to by it since we can not trust the Honda DW-1 in the market and that of Mobil 1 you can get the genuine from any Mobil filling station. Please what you suggest.
Re: Transmission Fluids, Getting The Right One For Your Vehicle by sooperrescue(m): 10:31pm On Dec 16, 2015
oba009:
My vehicle manual recommended this type of Automatic Transmission Fluid "DIA QUEEN ATF SPII" or "DIA QUEEN ATF SPII M".
Sooperrescue Can anybody help?
Thanks.
Our Pureguard synthetic transmission fluid is ideal for your Sp 11 Dia Queen.

MrBuzy:
Please somebody help me with advice. Can I use Mobil 1 Synthetic ATF on Honda Odyssey 2002 Model. My mechanic advised me to by it since we can not trust the Honda DW-1 in the market and that of Mobil 1 you can get the genuine from any Mobil filling station. Please what you suggest.

Please don't try it. Mobil ATF is Dexron 11e and will never be suitable for your Honda. Use our Pureguard synthetic transmission which is very suitable for your vehicle. Valvoline Dexron 111 claims that their Dexron 111 is suitable for 1989 -1995 Honda, so how can genuine Dexron 11e be ideal for your 2002 Honda?
Re: Transmission Fluids, Getting The Right One For Your Vehicle by AK123(m): 5:53am On Dec 17, 2015
Sooperrescue,I need to say a big thank you to u .your advice worked for me oh.had issues with my transmission. Problem was all these fake oil.once I changed to oando dextron111the problem was no more thanks

1 Like

Re: Transmission Fluids, Getting The Right One For Your Vehicle by sooperrescue(m): 7:15am On Dec 17, 2015
You're welcome.
Re: Transmission Fluids, Getting The Right One For Your Vehicle by MrBuzy: 11:00am On Dec 17, 2015
sooperrescue:

Our Pureguard synthetic transmission fluid is ideal for your Sp 11 Dia Queen.

Please don't try it. Mobil ATF is Dexron 11e and will never be suitable for your Honda. Use our Pureguard synthetic transmission which is very suitable for your vehicle. Valvoline Dexron 111 claims that their Dexron 111 is suitable for 1989 -1995 Honda, so how can genuine Dexron 11e be ideal for your 2002 Honda?

Where can I get Pureguard.
Re: Transmission Fluids, Getting The Right One For Your Vehicle by sooperrescue(m): 3:09am On Dec 18, 2015
Jumia or Konga or directly from us
Re: Transmission Fluids, Getting The Right One For Your Vehicle by alancruise(m): 7:48am On Dec 19, 2015
Pls house. Which automatic transmission fluid is best for my car Toyota corolla 2010.
Thks
Re: Transmission Fluids, Getting The Right One For Your Vehicle by MrBuzy: 11:10pm On Dec 19, 2015
sooperrescue:
Honda Odyssey requires ATF Z1 or Dexron 111. But if you have been using other substandard fluids, I will advise that you use Dexron vi to rectify the error. Your Honda does not require premium unleaded fuel but if you have a car that uses premium, we advise that you use Octane Boosters. It works very well and makes the fuel burn evenly and all the carbon deposits and sludge will be reduced. We sell high quality Octane Boosters and Engine flush but the Octane Booster is not needed on your Honda.
Please can I use Holt ATF on Honda Odyssey 2002 too 2004 models.
Can I use Seahorse Dextron III ATF
Re: Transmission Fluids, Getting The Right One For Your Vehicle by sooperrescue(m): 2:38am On Dec 20, 2015
The Honda cars request that you can use dexron iii as a temporary oil in case ofan emergency . Many people will use it for long as long as it works but the reality is to use the manufacturer specified atf. Holt will not work with your honda.

alancruise:
Pls house. Which automatic transmission fluid is best for my car Toyota corolla 2010.
Thks
Toyota ws only

(1) (2) (3) ... (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) ... (41) (Reply)

Dealer Plate Numbers Are Available / Cheap Cotonou Car/suv Delivered To Nigeria By Hassan See Pictures / Come In For Your Comprehensive Vehicle History Report*+234-806-036-5068 With Pix

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.