Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,932 members, 7,956,507 topics. Date: Monday, 23 September 2024 at 01:04 PM

Transmission Fluids, Getting The Right One For Your Vehicle - Autos (17) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Autos / Transmission Fluids, Getting The Right One For Your Vehicle (132745 Views)

Valvoline Dexron VI Fully Synthetic Automatic Transmission Fluids- Book Now! / Honda Accord Eod Parts (air Bags And Transmission Fluids (atf). / SOLD Original Honda Dw-1 Atf Automatic Transmission Fluids SOLD (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) ... (41) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Transmission Fluids, Getting The Right One For Your Vehicle by AK123(m): 7:00am On Nov 12, 2015
Good job, you guys are wonderful,please what would you recommend for volkswago sharan.
Re: Transmission Fluids, Getting The Right One For Your Vehicle by shady16: 12:36pm On Nov 12, 2015
sooperrescue:
Toyota type T 1v. They use the same transmission fluid and they are identical in all components except that Lexus runs on premium unleaded fuel ⛽ while the highlander runs on regular unleaded fuel

Please check your email ( nigeriaarc@hotmail.com )
Re: Transmission Fluids, Getting The Right One For Your Vehicle by OgaTheTop2: 1:02pm On Nov 12, 2015
My big oga sooperrescue! Aww, what a good man you are! I'm sorry, I should've gotten in touch siiince but pardon me. You helped me out with my old man's babyboy's gear. Your pureguard oil is actually good and the car still performs great. Really, you know your onions. Thanks a lot. I will come over with my SUV for free diagnosis, I known you won't mind cheesy
Re: Transmission Fluids, Getting The Right One For Your Vehicle by Experience4u(m): 5:18pm On Nov 12, 2015
How much is type IV transmission oil
Re: Transmission Fluids, Getting The Right One For Your Vehicle by sooperrescue(m): 6:10am On Nov 13, 2015
Experience4u:
How much is type IV transmission oil

Type T1v the toyota brand is sold in the open market. The gallon is between 8k while the one litre is sold for 2500. Curious thing is why should the one litre pack be more expensive than the one gallon pack? The one gallon is supposedly made in Japan while the one litre pack is made in the US. Your choice to pick the best.

OgaTheTop2:
My big oga sooperrescue! Aww, what a good man you are! I'm sorry, I should've gotten in touch siiince but pardon me. You helped me out with my old man's babyboy's gear. Your pureguard oil is actually good and the car still performs great. Really, you know your onions. Thanks a lot. I will come over with my SUV for free diagnosis, I known you won't mind cheesy

My Ibadan Oga at the top, it is good to hear from you. You can bring the SUV for free Diagnostics. Good to know that the gear is still performing as it is supposed to be. Brace yourself for the next service. It should be up to a year now.

AK123:
Good job, you guys are wonderful,please what would you recommend for volkswago sharan.
Use Dexron V1 transmission fluid, but let us know the year of the Sharan first before I would be specific.

1 Like

Re: Transmission Fluids, Getting The Right One For Your Vehicle by romney678mitt: 6:44am On Nov 13, 2015
what is the best transmission oil for honda accord 2007, i currently use Visco 2000 but its been saying oil life 5% eve after changing the oil when its not due for servicing.. Your insight will be appreciated
Re: Transmission Fluids, Getting The Right One For Your Vehicle by OgaTheTop2: 7:13am On Nov 13, 2015
sooperrescue:

My Ibadan Oga at the top, it is good to hear from you. You can bring the SUV for free Diagnostics. Good to know that the gear is still performing as it is supposed to be. Brace yourself for the next service. It should be up to a year now.

Yes o bruhs. I will surely see you soon. Thanks a lot sir.
Re: Transmission Fluids, Getting The Right One For Your Vehicle by AK123(m): 9:43am On Nov 13, 2015
The year is 1997,the dextronV1,is it in the open market?
Re: Transmission Fluids, Getting The Right One For Your Vehicle by sooperrescue(m): 6:22pm On Nov 13, 2015
Use dexron 111. Not those red can
Re: Transmission Fluids, Getting The Right One For Your Vehicle by bqola: 5:50am On Nov 15, 2015
honda accord 2004 model with a v6 engine...Pls i want to find out the best oil to use for my transmission cos i was advised to change the transmission oil before using the car
Re: Transmission Fluids, Getting The Right One For Your Vehicle by sooperrescue(m): 7:29am On Nov 15, 2015
romney678mitt:
what is the best transmission oil for honda accord 2007, i currently use Visco 2000 but its been saying oil life 5% eve after changing the oil when its not due for servicing.. Your insight will be appreciated
Are you using viscosity 2000 for the engine or the gea The 5% oil life is indicative that you need to reset the oil life to 100% after service. This you can do by yourself if Ur mec is not capable. The transmission fluid for your honda Accord is atf Z1 but unfortunately it has been stopped and the only options you have is either our Pureguard or honda dw1. Don't ever use Visco on that car it is synthetic oil or nothing else. Forte oil has synthetic oil, please use that.. As for the oil reset, put the ignition on position 2, reset the trip meter a and b to zeroes. Hold the reset button to oil life and press it until you see the oil life blinking, when it is blinking, release your hold briefly for 5 seconds and press it again till it changes to 100% oil life

1 Like

Re: Transmission Fluids, Getting The Right One For Your Vehicle by sooperrescue(m): 7:37am On Nov 15, 2015
bqola:
hi, I just bought my first car, honda accord 2004 model with a v6 engine...Pls i want to find out the best oil to use for my transmission cos i was advised to change the transmission oil before using the car
Honda atf dw1 or our Pureguard. Welcome to the motoring club of Nigeria. Obey all rules and regulations. I advise that you get comprehensive insurance instead of 3Rd party. The insurance companies are reading Buhari body language in 3d and they have been very efficient. As it is your first car, dont allow the mecs to tropicalise your car
Re: Transmission Fluids, Getting The Right One For Your Vehicle by bqola: 10:02am On Nov 15, 2015
sooperrescue:

Honda atf dw1 or our Pureguard. Welcome to the motoring club of Nigeria. Obey all rules and regulations. I advise that you get comprehensive insurance instead of 3Rd party. The insurance companies are reading Buhari body language in 3d and they have been very efficient. As it is your first car, dont allow the mecs to tropicalise your car
Thanks so much for the swift response. i want to know how much and where i can get any of the two
Re: Transmission Fluids, Getting The Right One For Your Vehicle by sooperrescue(m): 10:57am On Nov 15, 2015
If you're in Lagos, they claim to sell at oyingbo but the quality is not vouched for, Honda place will not sell to u unless you bring the car to them cos they are mindful of the reputation of their product. Call us for our pureguard 08098534267
Re: Transmission Fluids, Getting The Right One For Your Vehicle by lecky001(m): 2:08pm On Nov 15, 2015
I just got a Nissan Sentra 2001 model(automatic transmission).I want to know the very best transmission,engine,brake and power steering fluid to use to get the best result all thru the year i will be using it.thanks
Re: Transmission Fluids, Getting The Right One For Your Vehicle by chccho(m): 1:51pm On Nov 16, 2015
Hello mr sooper,
please i am about to change my transmission fluid for my ford explorer 2002 model.
The mechanic recommended Oando ATF which he says cost N1000/litre and that my car will take about 7-9litres...
He also recommended a change of the seal as there is a leakage from the underneath pan
Please is this Ok??
Re: Transmission Fluids, Getting The Right One For Your Vehicle by sooperrescue(m): 7:59pm On Nov 16, 2015
No, not ok. Oando dexron 111 is not mercon v, so it is not advisable. For your leaking seals underneath the sump, yes. He is right. Many dexron v1 in the open market can work with mercon v, LV and up to 2015 Ford motors. If you are in Lagos, we can sell to u our pureguard atf.
Re: Transmission Fluids, Getting The Right One For Your Vehicle by chccho(m): 8:16pm On Nov 16, 2015
sooperrescue:
No, not ok. Oando dexron 111 is not mercon v, so it is not advisable. For your leaking seals underneath the sump, yes. He is right. Many dexron v1 in the open market can work with mercon v, LV and up to 2015 Ford motors. If you are in Lagos, we can sell to u our pureguard atf.
thank u very much sooper,i appreciate am in abj actually
Re: Transmission Fluids, Getting The Right One For Your Vehicle by sooperrescue(m): 9:08pm On Nov 16, 2015
Look for motocraft mercon v from reputable sources or go to Oando auto care in zone 4
Re: Transmission Fluids, Getting The Right One For Your Vehicle by jossytech(m): 3:14am On Nov 17, 2015
What about 98 Toyota Camry, my abs light is on after I changed my back absorber, check light is also on while traveling back from Ibadan, what shud I do, any impact? Then what transmission fluid and oil good for 98 camry aka pencil

Thanks
Re: Transmission Fluids, Getting The Right One For Your Vehicle by sooperrescue(m): 11:40am On Nov 18, 2015
jossytech:
What about 98 Toyota Camry, my abs light is on after I changed my back absorber, check light is also on while traveling back from Ibadan, what shud I do, any impact? Then what transmission fluid and oil good for 98 camry aka pencil
Thanks
I think they forgot to fit in the abs sensor when they changed the shock absorber. As for the check engine light, get a scanner and let them scan the car. Dexron 11 e and 111 is the recommended transmission fluid, so use either Mobil ATF 220 or Oando Dexron 111. If you can afford it, use synthetic oils, it cost the same as the low quality oils in the sense that you change the synthetic oil twice a year with better performance while with the low quality oils, it is four times a year
Re: Transmission Fluids, Getting The Right One For Your Vehicle by olumig(m): 7:59pm On Nov 18, 2015
I have Toyota corolla 2006 American Specs, what type of ATF do I need to buy.
Thanks.
Re: Transmission Fluids, Getting The Right One For Your Vehicle by sooperrescue(m): 8:58pm On Nov 18, 2015
WS world standard compatible with Global standard and the world standard is available in the market
Re: Transmission Fluids, Getting The Right One For Your Vehicle by depair: 9:13pm On Nov 18, 2015
Do u av a garage in lagos n d location
Re: Transmission Fluids, Getting The Right One For Your Vehicle by sooperrescue(m): 11:30pm On Nov 18, 2015
Yes, in ikeja, air Force vehicle engineering squadron, agege motor road or call us for description 08098534267
Re: Transmission Fluids, Getting The Right One For Your Vehicle by Assadiq9: 6:38am On Nov 19, 2015
post=12834223]With the growing trend of failed automatic transmissions, it is imperative that you use the right transmission fluids for your vehicle. There are no fake transmission fluids in Nigeria, it is the motorist who is not aware of the fluid that their vehicles require and as such uses any fluid that is cheap and affordable. You find people using Abro on a Murano and you begin to agonise on their behalf. Why is this common like finding a motorist withthe festive season associated with mass movement, do this for your vehicle: check if there is sludge in your engine, if your ATF is black or has a burnt smell, if your gear has shifting problem, and also check if your tyres are winter or all season tyres with reduced speed capability. If you are buying new tyres, ensure that they are all traction A, temperature A. Change your air filter regularly and if you need further assistance on the above issues, send us a mail and we shall respond as soon as possible. nigeriaarc@hotmail.com or info@arcnigeria.com
Rescue and Recovery Nigeria Limited[/quote] pls sir which right transmission fluid for my honda babyboy and where can i get it.i live in abuja.
Re: Transmission Fluids, Getting The Right One For Your Vehicle by Assadiq9: 6:42am On Nov 19, 2015
[quote author=Assadiq9 post=40174979]post=12834223]With the growing trend of failed automatic transmissions, it is imperative that you use the right transmission fluids for your vehicle. There are no fake transmission fluids in Nigeria, it is the motorist who is not aware of the fluid that their vehicles require and as such uses any fluid that is cheap and affordable. You find people using Abro on a Murano and you begin to agonise on their behalf. Why is this commotorist withthe festive season associated with mass movement, do this for your vehicle: check if there is sludge in your engine, if your ATF is black or has a burnt smell, if your gear has shifting problem, and also check if your tyres are winter or all season tyres with reduced speed capability. If you are buying new tyres, ensure that they are all traction A, temperature A. Change your air filter regularly and if you need further assistance on the above issues, send us a mail and we shall respond as soon as possible. nigeriaarc@hotmail.com or info@arcnigeria.com
Rescue and Recovery Nigeria Limited pls sir which is the right transmisson fluid and oil for my honda bbyboy and whr can i get it
Re: Transmission Fluids, Getting The Right One For Your Vehicle by Assadiq9: 10:17am On Nov 19, 2015
Pls wat transmission fluid can i use for honda bbyboy.mine hasnt been hving smooth transmisson for a while nw
Re: Transmission Fluids, Getting The Right One For Your Vehicle by sooperrescue(m): 4:54pm On Nov 19, 2015
Go to our oando auto care at wise zone 4, ask for Joseph
Re: Transmission Fluids, Getting The Right One For Your Vehicle by faai(m): 4:23am On Nov 21, 2015
Please how many litres and type of ATF do I need for Isuzu Rodeo 2000 and where can I get the original transmission filter. Pls where can i get the best auto mech in Akure/Benin city. Very urgent. From Akure
Re: Transmission Fluids, Getting The Right One For Your Vehicle by faai(m): 4:38pm On Nov 21, 2015
faai:
Please how many litres and type of ATF do I need for Isuzu Rodeo 2000 and where can I get the original transmission filter. Pls where can i get the best auto mech in Akure/Benin city. Very urgent. From Akure
Re: Transmission Fluids, Getting The Right One For Your Vehicle by sooperrescue(m): 8:07pm On Nov 21, 2015
Isuzu rodeo uses atf dexron 111 and the possible one is oando dexron 111. For the filter, try and wash it unless the filter is gone. I only know that it will be available in Lagos but try the modern mechanic village in akure.

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) ... (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) ... (41) (Reply)

Buy Your Cheap Clean Tokunbo Cars With Low Millage From Cotonou / Dear Sir/ma Buy Your Europe/American Clean and cheap Car From Cotonou / Direct Tokumbo Cars At A Cheaper Price: 2000 - 2014 Model Cars. Toyota, Honda,

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.