Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,166,485 members, 7,865,054 topics. Date: Wednesday, 19 June 2024 at 11:30 AM

Honesty In Relationships? What Works? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Honesty In Relationships? What Works? (947 Views)

Ambw Relationships/ What It Is Like To Enter Into An Inter-racial Relationship / Reasons Why Ladies Like Sex But Pretend They Hate It In Relationships / Reasons Why Many Guys Insist On Getting Into Ladies' Pants In Relationships (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Honesty In Relationships? What Works? by karrye(f): 6:14am On Jan 31, 2008
I'm a rather vivacious, down-to-earth, BLUNT(say things as they are) kinda gal.
My issue is my friend told me to pretend to be dumb (dodoyo) to some extent in my relationship so it'll work, but it didn't.
How exactly do people get to the stage where they get married, I'm at a loss and I feel my place is with a husband esp. @ my age and with all the pressure from society(esp. my mama).
I'm back to being myself but I want people's take on
[list]
[li]how they got to the stage where they were sure they wanted to be married[/li]
[li][/li]
[/list]
[list]
[li]Was it lovey dovey all the way[/li]
[li][/li]
[/list]
[list]
[li]And so far has it been worth it
[/li]
[li][/li]
[/list]
Re: Honesty In Relationships? What Works? by LordReed(m): 9:01am On Feb 04, 2008
Well u know sometimes being blunt is a euphemism for being rude so are u rude? U can be honest wit out being rude u can be down to earth witout being over the top offensive. As the say diplomacy is the art of telling some1 go to hell n they'll look 4ward to the trip.
As lovey dovey on the way to marriage I'll not quite cos no 2 people on earth now are perfect n they've got their ragged lil edges n wen those edges happen to contact friction! However we get along not by always comparing our differences but by enjoying our similiarities n work out those differences n even to a certain extent liking them. So if u are in a relationship I think wat brought u 2geda must be those tins dat u enjoyed to 2geda build on dat.
As for worth it I ain't married yet so not much to say on dat except I think it is; generations past plus our future tends to tell me it is wink cheesywink
Re: Honesty In Relationships? What Works? by Bestglo(f): 11:06am On Feb 04, 2008
girl,
u don't have to feel sorry 4 yourself
it is good 2 be yourself and not trying to form the character u don't possess
relationship is not always rossy,certain things have 2 be endured
a very essential element  u must not lack is "understanding"
u have 2 understand one another and endure some rubbish,u don't always have your way and that is sure
the greatest of all is love.if this is present,u start seing some wrongs as right
u also learn to say u are sorry when u are accused even for being right
it goes on and on
may God help us
Re: Honesty In Relationships? What Works? by iice(f): 4:33pm On Feb 06, 2008
I agree in parts with Bestglo
Relationships aren't always easy and breezy. Like she said, you can't be someone else (and what reveal your true self after marriage? lawd save us). You need to be understanding and learn to compromise, if it's something you really want. Even if you are rude, there are some people who will dig that. But i do believe in honesty! If you are going to be putting time and effort into a relationship, pray tell what's the use of pretending and not being yourself? My brother has one of the best relationships i have seen in my life. He and his girlfriend are honest with each other and they have been together for years, still honest and doing their ish!
Re: Honesty In Relationships? What Works? by opokonwa(m): 4:46pm On Feb 06, 2008
[size=16pt]Be Yourself![/size]

The man wey go like you go like you finish

The man wey no go like you no go like you.

No need camouflaging your real self just to trap a man.
Re: Honesty In Relationships? What Works? by buzzgonz(m): 4:48pm On Feb 06, 2008
And again i say BE YOURSELF. cool

(1) (Reply)

What Gift Can I Give Her? / Running Away From An Unwanted Pregnancy: Lol / Wht Do Yall Thnk

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.