Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,639 members, 7,823,817 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 03:58 PM

101 Arrested Over Biafra Protests - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 101 Arrested Over Biafra Protests (25509 Views)

Nigeria Protests Over Biafra Activist's Arrest - BBC / Southeast Governors To Meet In Owerri Over Pro-Biafra Protests - Vanguard / CNN Breaking News:Tension in South East over Biafra agitation. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

101 Arrested Over Biafra Protests by eastman11: 4:32pm On Nov 05, 2012
At least 100 people have been arrested in south-eastern Nigeria after a march supporting independence for the former breakaway state of Biafra.

Members of the Biafran Zionist Movement raised the Biafran flag and then marched through the streets of the region's main town, Enugu.

One of the group's leaders told the BBC that 500 people had been detained but a police spokesman put the number at 101.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-africa-20209365
Re: 101 Arrested Over Biafra Protests by GCRS87: 5:04pm On Nov 05, 2012
D killin of d igbos by BOKO BOIZ in d north led d igbos to re-declare dia Biafran nation. And finally, dey knw vry wel dat dey can nva rule dis country AGAIN. Bt com to think of it, i tink Nigerian govt shud let dem go. We are tired of dem (igbos) paintn us black internationally in d areas of human n drug traficking, fraud of credit cards, gayism n so so many to mention.

16 Likes

Re: 101 Arrested Over Biafra Protests by 9jaIhail(m): 5:32pm On Nov 05, 2012
I just like the awareness Nigeria and it arm forces are helping Biafrans to create, Continue to arrest them BBC/CNN will continue to broadcast their agitation lol.

10 Likes

Re: 101 Arrested Over Biafra Protests by 9jaIhail(m): 5:33pm On Nov 05, 2012
GCRS87: D killin of d igbos by BOKO BOIZ in d north led d igbos to re-declare dia Biafran nation. And finally, dey knw vry wel dat dey can nva rule dis country AGAIN. Bt com to think of it, i tink Nigerian govt shud let dem go. We are tired of dem (igbos) paintn us black internationally in d areas of human n drug traficking, fraud of credit cards, gayism n so so many to mention.

Who made the above comment is nothing but lunatic

49 Likes

Re: 101 Arrested Over Biafra Protests by Nobody: 5:39pm On Nov 05, 2012
I was expecting this news.

The declaration was not the issue, this international spotlight is what Onwuka was after.
Now he has got it.

Nigeria missed it, by arresting him. Now, he has become a hero for self determination.

10 Likes

Re: 101 Arrested Over Biafra Protests by Desola(f): 5:53pm On Nov 05, 2012
9ja_I_hail: I just like the awareness Nigeria and it arm forces are helping Biafrans to create, Continue to arrest them BBC/CNN will continue to broadcast their agitation lol.

Propaganda second round abi? Just as ojuiku used pictures of kwashiokor children for his starvation propaganda, innit?

19 Likes

Re: 101 Arrested Over Biafra Protests by 9jaIhail(m): 5:59pm On Nov 05, 2012
Desola:

Propaganda second round abi? Just as ojuiku used pictures of kwashiokor children for his starvation propaganda, innit?

See what low life esteem can cause in the life of someone. Get a help my friend.

21 Likes

Re: 101 Arrested Over Biafra Protests by dayokanu(m): 6:01pm On Nov 05, 2012
Are they still protesting? I thought today is the day of declaration and not protest

13 Likes

Re: 101 Arrested Over Biafra Protests by chosen04(f): 6:19pm On Nov 05, 2012
dayokanu: Are they still protesting? I thought today is the day of declaration and not protest

It was a VICTORY LAP after the declaration.

3 Likes

Re: 101 Arrested Over Biafra Protests by dayokanu(m): 6:54pm On Nov 05, 2012
chosen04:

It was a VICTORY LAP after the declaration.

So madam wetin the the Biafra national anthem

3 Likes

Re: 101 Arrested Over Biafra Protests by chyseth(m): 7:12pm On Nov 05, 2012
i just read this news with great disgust. what is really wrong with this country, somebody says he is tired of your country and you are furious about it. BOKOHARAM is killing us. you have not arrested them, u re still telling us to go about our normal businesses, while people demonstrating peacefully for their self determination is being arrested.

i can see Nigerian government only listens to violent separatist and not peaceful agitators. one day, if not not then ultimately the land of the rising sun shall rise again, am just sorry for Chime Sullivan,anyway this is his last tenure, otherwise it would have told on him, let him ask Udenwa for tutorial.

COME BIAFRA COME!!! COME BIAFRA COME!!! COME BIAFRA COME

23 Likes

Re: 101 Arrested Over Biafra Protests by Nobody: 7:43pm On Nov 05, 2012
Biafra! At last!

1 Like

Re: 101 Arrested Over Biafra Protests by Ogbonaikenna(m): 7:48pm On Nov 05, 2012
Onwuka is protected cos he's a
UK citizen. I expect the british
embassy in nigeria to call the
nigeria government immediately
for his immediate release. Then
the next thing is to close all our
borders. Meaning that the biafra
immigration center will be
employing graduates now. I
should better prepare my CV.

2 Likes

Re: 101 Arrested Over Biafra Protests by GCRS87: 8:10pm On Nov 05, 2012
9ja_I_hail:

Who made the above comment is nothing but lunatic
The reader MUST be one too.

5 Likes

Re: 101 Arrested Over Biafra Protests by chosen04(f): 8:12pm On Nov 05, 2012
dayokanu:

So madam wetin the the Biafra national anthem

Are u learning how to speak english?

23 Likes

Re: 101 Arrested Over Biafra Protests by dayokanu(m): 8:15pm On Nov 05, 2012
chosen04:

Are u learning how to speak english?

I am learning to speak Igbo

18 Likes

Re: 101 Arrested Over Biafra Protests by GCRS87: 8:20pm On Nov 05, 2012
Ogbonaikenna: Onwuka is protected cos he's a
UK citizen. I expect the british
embassy in nigeria to call the
nigeria government immediately
for his immediate release. Then
the next thing is to close all our
borders. Meaning that the biafra
immigration center will be
employing graduates now. I
should better prepare my CV.
Igbo are opprtunist in nature. Am sure Onwuka is a UK citizen bc if Nigeria is HOT for him, he wil find his square root to LONDON jst as Odumegu did n allow d ambitious IGBO's to die n experience hunger. I can't wait to join d NIGERIAN ARMY to fyt d war n manage biafran ladies. Bianca wil b gud for ma grand dad. As for u,prepare ur c.v as ma house boi.

15 Likes

Re: 101 Arrested Over Biafra Protests by Ikengawo: 8:21pm On Nov 05, 2012
I'm igbo and i think these clowns are a foolish joke and should find another way to compensate their unemployment and local government mentality.
99% of igbo families aren't discussing Biafra, they talking about how they're going to earn their daily bread, and this 'movement' and it's followers are a foolish blemish to the addressing of real issues in igbo land.

28 Likes

Re: 101 Arrested Over Biafra Protests by modicum: 8:24pm On Nov 05, 2012
Now, the Police have arrested those who gathered to declare Republic of Biafra in Enugu today. According to news reports, 100 of them are currently being detained. Haba! 100 out of a population of how many millions

What I can deduce from the above is that, the average Igbo man/woman does not give a hoot about Biafra. What they want is good roads, security, potable water, employment for their young, regular electricity and good housing.

Summary is, good government will drown out shouts about the need for Biafra!

11 Likes

Re: 101 Arrested Over Biafra Protests by Callotti: 8:27pm On Nov 05, 2012
Gosh! I wish Nigeria could be the USA for just one day. I will join the army I swear. angry
After using Nigeria's money to bury that UGLY rebel warlord of an Abidjan coward?
Where was MASSOB then?
Phocking leeches! angry

7 Likes

Re: 101 Arrested Over Biafra Protests by irich21(m): 10:43pm On Nov 05, 2012
Marriage is not by force!

1 Like

Re: 101 Arrested Over Biafra Protests by Nobody: 10:45pm On Nov 05, 2012
President of Biafra was arrested by a police constable.

10 Likes

Re: 101 Arrested Over Biafra Protests by Iaz93: 10:47pm On Nov 05, 2012
Ikengawo: I'm igbo and i think these clowns are a foolish joke and should find another way to compensate their unemployment and local government mentality.
99% of igbo families aren't discussing Biafra, they talking about how they're going to earn their daily bread, and this 'movement' and it's followers are a foolish blemish to the addressing of real issues in igbo land.
GBAM!!! THREAD CLOSED *slams door*

8 Likes

Re: 101 Arrested Over Biafra Protests by Madawaki01(m): 10:48pm On Nov 05, 2012
chyseth: i just read this news with great disgust. what is really wrong with this country, somebody says he is tired of your country and you are furious about it. BOKOHARAM is killing us. you have not arrested them,[/b]

yer,we d jtf doesn't arrest dem,we kill them whenever we saw them,we even kill theis innocent sons,we even kill young pple we only suspect are part of them,
ARE WE NOT TRYING

2 Likes

Re: 101 Arrested Over Biafra Protests by Super1759: 10:49pm On Nov 05, 2012
I wish they are serious. I have been hearing such news since my childhood

1 Like

Re: 101 Arrested Over Biafra Protests by tellwsdom: 10:50pm On Nov 05, 2012
Who arrested biafra?? what did he do?? sad sad
Re: 101 Arrested Over Biafra Protests by coogar: 10:50pm On Nov 05, 2012
Ikengawo: I'm igbo and i think these clowns are a foolish joke and should find another way to compensate their unemployment and local government mentality.

i can't believe there are still some people clamouring for biafra? do people never learn? what is the essence of biafra if its going to maim another 6 million innocent people? i am tired of our igbo brothers - where is the rationality in this march?

7 Likes

Re: 101 Arrested Over Biafra Protests by OnlyemmyM(m): 10:52pm On Nov 05, 2012
Biafran's fight is a good fight but those who called theirself leaders of biafra will run to Europe and stay while the nonentity will die for nothing, I think we should face our bussiness and fight for our future than dying for what you don't know the outcome, Thank you my brethrens.

6 Likes

Re: 101 Arrested Over Biafra Protests by Nwoka(m): 10:55pm On Nov 05, 2012
Ooga ooooo

1 Like

Re: 101 Arrested Over Biafra Protests by seedord247(m): 10:56pm On Nov 05, 2012
Make them go self, atleast news of drug and kidnapping go reduce for naija..... angry angry grin

5 Likes

Re: 101 Arrested Over Biafra Protests by Lordave: 11:06pm On Nov 05, 2012
Biafra is certain. But the problem wit the Igbos is that despite the fact that they have suffered so much oppresion under GEJ's regime than any other democratic regime, about 60% of them still assure GEJ of full support for another four year tenure of untenable freedom in Nigeria. Most of u guys are confused.

3 Likes

Re: 101 Arrested Over Biafra Protests by ifydus4u: 11:08pm On Nov 05, 2012
GCRS87: D killin of d igbos by BOKO BOIZ in d north led d igbos to re-declare dia Biafran nation. And finally, dey knw vry wel dat dey can nva rule dis country AGAIN. Bt com to think of it, i tink Nigerian govt shud let dem go. We are tired of dem (igbos) paintn us black internationally in d areas of human n drug traficking, fraud of credit cards, gayism n so so many to mention.

Who made the above comment is nothing but a nonentity.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply)

Obanikoro’s N40m Refund Cheque To EFCC Bounces / IPOB: Nnamdi Kanu To Drag Buhari, Security Agencies To UN, ICC / Southwest NURTW To Makinde: Revert Proscription

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.