Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,473 members, 7,836,871 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 01:51 PM

IGBO's Are You In Support Or Against Creation Of Biafra Republic? - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / IGBO's Are You In Support Or Against Creation Of Biafra Republic? (9376 Views)

Itsekiri Nation Disowns Calls For Creation Of Biafra Republic / MASSOB Not Aware Of Proposed Biafra Republic Day - Uwazuruike / Group To Declare State Of Biafra Republic On Nov 5 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: IGBO's Are You In Support Or Against Creation Of Biafra Republic? by acidtalk: 9:18pm On Nov 06, 2012
berem: of course i support the creation of Biafra Republic! who is not tired of this cursed entity called Nigeria? of what benefit is a country where every ethnic group sees one another as an enemy? Nigeria is doomed forever! angry angry angry

But you are aware the Nigerian government won't just sit without a big fight if the Biafrans insist on leaving?

What do you think is the best way to split from Nigeria without loosing lives like 1967.
Re: IGBO's Are You In Support Or Against Creation Of Biafra Republic? by Nobody: 9:55pm On Nov 06, 2012
op you are not qualified to ask the question
let gej ask the question
Re: IGBO's Are You In Support Or Against Creation Of Biafra Republic? by Dede1(m): 9:57pm On Nov 06, 2012
I must say emphatically that Nigeria is a dysfunctional entity. Everyday suggests Nigeria is heading toward the area of greater disorder. I would not mind resurgence of Biafra but definitely want the Republic of Igbo land.

Anybody who does not support the Republic of Igbo land and seemed twisted out of human form on the mention of Biafra has irredeemable moral issues.

1 Like

Re: IGBO's Are You In Support Or Against Creation Of Biafra Republic? by Nobody: 10:40pm On Nov 06, 2012
I am neither for nor against Biafra but understand Igbos who agitate for it as a result of whatever perceived injustices they speak out against.

What I am for though is a renewed and unapologetic interest on the part of Igbos in improving Igboland and fostering a more cohesive and recognizable identity.

The biggest folly among Igbos is that we have too many individuals who tread paths that are at odds with the "whole". Pettiness, corruption, pathologies, immorality, apologetic subservience to other groups to the detriment of your own (politically and socially), tendency to find fault in Igbos to please others, disinterest in the economic and infrastructural improvement of the SE, internal division.

Cultural loyalty in all ramifications is more socially advantageous than many people think.

Whether this happens in Nigeria or a newly formed country, I don't care. I would be nice if national referendum on how Nigeria would be structured were to take place though.

1 Like

Re: IGBO's Are You In Support Or Against Creation Of Biafra Republic? by Nobody: 11:06pm On Nov 06, 2012
ROSSIKE:

OK, so If Igbos want to leave Nigeria without taking the south south, WHAT exactly do you stand to benefit from that that you're not getting now? All I see is losses. You will lose all oil revenues currently accruing to you as a member of the federal republic. Your people based in Lagos, the north etc will all suddenly become aliens - illegal aliens - in their respective bases. These are millions of Igbos we're talking about. They will lose all their citizenship rights in those places. Most will be forced to return to the east. So here we have it: No oil revenues, and a sudden influx of Igbos causing further strain on the limited resources of the region. All Igbo politicians will leave Abuja and head for Enugu, to do what? Fight over palm oil profits? Coal? Apart from suffering decades-long underinvestment, the coal industry as a whole is outdated and redundant as nations move towards renewable energy sources, so you cannot rely on that for any economic upswing in the long run. Lastly, without the south south, Biafra would essentially be land-locked, meaning imports and exports would be dependent on access to other nations etc etc. I mean, WHAT exactly do Igbos stand to benefit from this situation?

The fact is the only way Biafra can make sense is if it takes the south south with it. And that isn't gonna happen. So wake up.

Zeus I: Myopia! And since you have been receiving these so called revenue how has it been used?

Shouldn't you be asking your fellow Igbo leaders that question? Is it Hausas or Awo that have been governing Abia, Imo, Anambra, Enugu states etc?

What we need is better management

By whom? You think merely declaring your territory 'Biafra' automatically turns Igbo leaders into saints?? You're more than naive. Get THIS into your skull. TODAY, RIGHT NOW, Igboland has EVERYTHING it needs to turn that region into an engine room of prosperity. A place where the basic needs of the majority are fully met, and more. No Hausa or Yoruba man has come in there to stop you from achieving this. From effecting ''better management''. Even Boko Haram has not killed a single ant in Igboland. ALSO, as a grand bonus, you are receiving billions in oil money yearly that should not ordinarily accrue to you since the oil fields do not sit on your land. So what exactly are you complaining about? The ball is in the Igbo court to use that income to develop itself and move forward. What are you disturbing people for?

not excessive funds. Get that into your skull.

There's no such thing as ''excessive funds'', even in Kuwait. That you wish to surrender the billions of dollars accruing to the Igbo yearly in federal allocation with nothing on hand to replace this income, all in the name of 'sovereignty' shows you're the one suffering deep myopia and naivety. Go to Enugu today. The place has been transformed in just 5 years. Reason? A governor who has decided to do his job. Simple. He's employed his federal allocation to the benefit of the people. No Biafra declaration, No blaming of Yoruba or Hausa, or Abuja. He simply went about his job diligently and with purpose. The result? You visit Enugu today, you can hardly recognise it, such is the infrastructural transformation. You visit rural areas of the state, same thing. Tarred roads, new schools, water projects springing up everywhere.

So what is the problem?? If say Abia State is not living up to your expectations, MASSOB should go and block the governor's road and demand his head. It is not Awo or somebody in Kano's fault that Gov Orji is ineffective. It is the fault of the people of the state for not demanding excellence from their state leadership. The thing you're searching for in Sokoto is in your shokoto. So man up.

3 Likes

Re: IGBO's Are You In Support Or Against Creation Of Biafra Republic? by dubem3(m): 8:54am On Nov 07, 2012
Odinaka00:

If you have ever experienced a war in yur lifetime, you wud not pray for war Ť☺ break out again bro, its so fearsome,
My opinion as nwa for is since anambra man wil always see himself above everyother igbo person from other states, I think we should put d struggle Ť☺ rest 4 now

Anambra people re jux †ђξ problem of ndi igbo, they re always seeing onwe ha as the most important people in ala igbo, I have many of them as my friends here in SA, even bek then in nigeria, ♈☺uЯ own opinion does nt mean anything Ť☺ them, they think they re smarter than everybody in ala igbo, that's too bad,
Wђɑ̤̥̈̊† makes you think that anambra people wouldn't want Ť☺ occupy all the seats if Biafra comes into existence?
We should start Ť☺ see ourselves as one, we should βξ united b4 we start talking of achieving biafra.....likes of TA orji nd Orji uzor kalu should βξ wiped out in anything Ŧħåϯ has to do with politics in ala igbo

that, just there is my opinion on all this...
i had an arguement with my dad some years ago and i gave him my take on the whole Biafra issue.
the concept of Biafra to me is a very novel idea and i personally would like our very own country...but u see, lets stare reality stark in the face,we lack the machinery with which to drive this craving, we cannot afford it.

Am i the only one who has noticed that we cant even win a presidential election? everybody runs to the Igbo man for support during an election promising heaven and earth and as soon as the election are gone, so are we with it.

We lack the most basic pre requisite in pursuing this dream 'UNITY'... the divide between the five eastern states is running almost neck to neck with that between the different tribes.

...and u want a country? let me make myself clearer, am a true Igbo man, born in the east raised in the south, i have sojourned the north,the west and the middle belt. i have put in atleast one year in all the regions and God knows i love being Igbo more than anything. i am equally well learned in our culture and tradition but then the truth is supreme...

just like what the man above said, the Anambra man equally has something to say about your own people and so it goes on and on.

why do we forget that we are all different and that true brotherhood lies in looking beyond these differences and uniting and sinhing in one voice...

don't get me wrong, if the war came again (i pray it doesn't), i will fight for BIAFRA...
Re: IGBO's Are You In Support Or Against Creation Of Biafra Republic? by youngdady: 9:09am On Nov 07, 2012
I have a female cousin married to someone from Akwa Ibom (don't know if this qualifies as Igbo state), I have an Igbo female colleague married to a man from Ogun State. We all reside and work here in PH. My question is simple, what happens to the kids in the event Biafra comes to stay

All you internet warriors, make una take time ooooh!
Re: IGBO's Are You In Support Or Against Creation Of Biafra Republic? by eduson55(m): 9:14am On Nov 07, 2012
dont mind them..everybody have the right to type..

nonsense..

rather than thinking better things to ressolve this problematic political system,we are here bragging over nonsense.
youngdady: I have a female cousin married to someone from Akwa Ibom (don't know if this qualifies as Igbo state), I have an Igbo female colleague married to a man from Ogun State. We all reside and work here in PH. My question is simple, what happens to the kids in the event Biafra comes to stay

Re: IGBO's Are You In Support Or Against Creation Of Biafra Republic? by dubem3(m): 11:21am On Nov 07, 2012
youngdady: I have a female cousin married to someone from Akwa Ibom (don't know if this qualifies as Igbo state), I have an Igbo female colleague married to a man from Ogun State. We all reside and work here in PH. My question is simple, what happens to the kids in the event Biafra comes to stay

what happens to the kids when a nigerian marries a Ghanian or an american?
Re: IGBO's Are You In Support Or Against Creation Of Biafra Republic? by youngdady: 11:59am On Nov 07, 2012
dubem3:

Nigeria's not @ war with Ghana or America. Biafra proponents and their Nigerian opponents want war at all cost!
Re: IGBO's Are You In Support Or Against Creation Of Biafra Republic? by eduson55(m): 1:15pm On Nov 07, 2012
back to sender..
you guys are not wise at all..
do you know what will happen when the war starts?
youngdady:

Nigeria's not @ war with Ghana or America. Biafra proponents and their Nigerian opponents want war at all cost!
Re: IGBO's Are You In Support Or Against Creation Of Biafra Republic? by Eziachi: 1:40pm On Nov 07, 2012
acidtalk: Enough is enough.
It appears while some Ibos are highly in support of the creation of the Republic of Biafra and can even give up their last drop to see to its success. Others on the other hand are indifferent about it while the last set of Ibos still strongly believe in "one Nigeria" and think the issue of creating a republic of Biafra isn't necessary.

Nairalanders from the Eastern (Ibo) part of Nigeria please let us know your take on this issue if you are in Support or Against the creation of Biafran Republic.
First of all its not your business and never your question to ask and neither are you qualified to ask and to hell to anyone bothered to give your crass question an answer.
You are not Igbo, even if you wanna be and wherever you come from has its own issues and that shall be your headache. Don't leave the rafters in your own eyes and start worrying about a a leaf on someone else eye. Bloody idle hypocrites!!

3 Likes

Re: IGBO's Are You In Support Or Against Creation Of Biafra Republic? by Nobody: 1:54pm On Nov 07, 2012
Mad Cow:

Didnt read it all..

Point is the same rights you think you have to 'agitate' for a new country is the same right this Nation has to defend its unity from both foreign and local 'agents of division'...

I am indifferent to the Biafran course..

If these MASSOB & BZM Niggas act a fol, the Federal government reserves the right to arrest them and charge them with treasonable offences, and should they resist arrest or fight arrest, the Federal Government reserves the right to accost them by all means possible/necessary including but not limited to the use of arms..

There is a right way and a wrong way of doing things.. These BZM folks have chosen the wrong way.. The end thereof is up to the government to decide..

The fact that you didn't read it all but found it mandatory to reply shows nothing else but arrogance and intolerance for different opinions.

so you are indifference? Yet, you are calling for some blood! Is it just for the fun of it?
As for BZM, their leader knows what he wanted and he has achieved it!

Finally, if really you are a die hard "one" Nigerian, then you have serious work to do to stop the killing of our people especially in the Northern Nigeria.
If Nigeria cannot guarantee our safety, then we have the right to seek for it.

Or do you mean, "Stay in Nigeria, so we can kill you when ever we feel like, but if you insist on leaving, then we shall kill you faster"?
Re: IGBO's Are You In Support Or Against Creation Of Biafra Republic? by PointB: 1:55pm On Nov 07, 2012
acidtalk:

But you are aware the Nigerian government won't just sit without a big fight if the Biafrans insist on leaving?

What do you think is the best way to split from Nigeria without loosing lives like 1967.

And which Nigeria government will put up a fight is Igbos move to leave this accursed union? The only reason Igbos are still part of Nigeria is because we elect to be part due to our ubiquitous and adaptable nature.

The day we finally decides to leave this inanity called Nigeria, that day you will realize that judging 2012 with the tunnel vision on 1967 is plain folly. No one will fight to keep a determined ethnic group in this union. That is a fact!

1 Like

Re: IGBO's Are You In Support Or Against Creation Of Biafra Republic? by Nobody: 2:03pm On Nov 07, 2012
noblezone:

The fact that you didn't read it all but found it mandatory to reply shows nothing else but arrogance and intolerance for different opinions.

so you are indifference? Yet, you are calling for some blood! Is it just for the fun of it?
As for BZM, their leader knows what he wanted and he has achieved it!

Finally, if really you are a die hard "one" Nigerian, then you have serious work to do to stop the killing of our people especially in the Northern Nigeria.
If Nigeria cannot guarantee our safety, then we have the right to seek for it.

Or do you mean, "Stay in Nigeria, so we can kill you when ever we feel like, but if you insist on leaving, then we shall kill you faster"?
abeg help me tell OKIJA JUJU! Ike gwuru. "Sighs"
Re: IGBO's Are You In Support Or Against Creation Of Biafra Republic? by Dede1(m): 2:17pm On Nov 07, 2012

A stream of thought as expressed in the above post defines the retrogressive nature of Nigeria. The country is devoid of constructive school of thoughts. The last time I check, most Nigerians are married to Ghanaians, Ugandans, Beninese, Togolese, Americans, Japanese and Cameroonians yet there is no call requesting these countries to unite with Nigeria in order to save the kids in such wedlock. If Biafra or Republic of Igbo land is created, the border of the country shall remain open and diplomatic relationship shall be encouraged. Biafrans who wish to marry from neighboring countries will be allowed to do so.

1 Like

Re: IGBO's Are You In Support Or Against Creation Of Biafra Republic? by Dede1(m): 2:23pm On Nov 07, 2012
youngdady:

Do you not think it is an act of idiocy to resort to war simply because a group of people expresses desire to have a country they can call home? It is an act of barbarism to go to war because Biafrans or Igbo want a nation state out of Nigeria. I hope you are not as foolish as you write.

1 Like

Re: IGBO's Are You In Support Or Against Creation Of Biafra Republic? by Eziachi: 2:43pm On Nov 07, 2012
dubem3:

grin grin grin Don't mind them, they are running out of idea of why they don't like Biafra.
Hence people reasoning like baboons. There more Igbo married to foreigners than other Nigerians.
He should ask the Ibrus, Aikomus or Olu Faleas of this world that are married to foreigners what happened to their kids?

2 Likes

Re: IGBO's Are You In Support Or Against Creation Of Biafra Republic? by youngdady: 2:54pm On Nov 07, 2012
Dede1:

Do you not think it is an act of idiocy to resort to war simply because a group of people expresses desire to have a country they can call home? It is an act of barbarism to go to war because Biafrans or Igbo want a nation state out of Nigeria. I hope you are not as foolish as you write.

I don't do insult, I reason constructively. Read my post again, comprehend and then respond.
Re: IGBO's Are You In Support Or Against Creation Of Biafra Republic? by Eziachi: 3:27pm On Nov 07, 2012
youngdady:

Proponents of Biafra bears no arms, they did not shoot anyone, neither did they threatened anyone else very existence. I don't know how that translates to wanting a war in your wisdom laden opinion.
Two weeks ago, Scottish devolved govt signed an agreement with the British prime minister for Scottish independent referendum in 2014 with smiles and handshakes.
David Cameron did not bring back the U.K troops from Afghanistan to declare war on Scotland for wanting independent from Great Britain, neither did he arrest Alex Salmon and proponents of that agenda. And that is the very people that created Nigeria.

It likely that the Scots may reject Scottish independent but it will purely be based on their choice, not blackmail,coercion or violence.
Some of you should grow some brain and look at how the world works in this modern un-isolated times. Its Biafra right o leave Nigeria and the earlier Nigeria gets that, the better and use sound debate rather than intimidation to convince Biafrans to stay. This tactics of intimidation and harassment only will make Biafra more enticing for its people, especially the younger generation.

4 Likes

Re: IGBO's Are You In Support Or Against Creation Of Biafra Republic? by whitecat007: 4:56pm On Nov 07, 2012
He just wanted to know where exactly you ibos stand cos you have been speaking with both sides of your mouths while expecting Yoruba to hold your hands.

Even all the little old me hear is Yoruba, so we wanna know.
chosen04: its amazing how everybody is now becoming an expert in BIAFRA AFFAIR . . . . . .

Re: IGBO's Are You In Support Or Against Creation Of Biafra Republic? by Dede1(m): 5:10pm On Nov 07, 2012
youngdady:

I don't do insult, I reason constructively. Read my post again, comprehend and then respond.

If you call the deductions in your posts as being constructive, you have brought shame to logical reasoning. In your first silly post, you wildly wondered what would have happened to the kids born to parents whose citizenship is likely Biafra and Oduduwa Republic or Biafra and Nigeria or any combinations of Republics for that matter. But due to certain pressures, you forgot that Ghana and Nigeria are not the same country yet there are many kids whose parents are either Nigerian or Ghanaian.

In another instance, you miraculously deduced that Nigeria is not at war with Ghana or America. However, in your infinite wisdom, you constructively suggested that Biafra proponents and their Nigerian opponents want war at all cost. You must be the wise man from the east to come up with such ridiculous nonsense. Who will want to read a post laden with conjectural crap?

1 Like

Re: IGBO's Are You In Support Or Against Creation Of Biafra Republic? by Odinaka00(m): 7:42pm On Nov 07, 2012
Pls no insults guyz, we re all igbos
Re: IGBO's Are You In Support Or Against Creation Of Biafra Republic? by felifeli: 7:58pm On Nov 07, 2012
Odinaka00: Pls no insults guyz, we re all igbos
Yes o. We are all Igbo. Up Biafra.
Re: IGBO's Are You In Support Or Against Creation Of Biafra Republic? by venom86: 3:11am On Nov 08, 2012
Please my Igbo brothers don't go. I am a minority from the north, because of my faith you will not believe to what extent I and my people have been disenfranchised. I like Igbo people, everyone in fact, my first best friend is Igbo, my first crush is Igbo, many people dear in my life are Igbo. Some kind of Regional autonomy and self governance might be a good idea, but please don't leave the union. If you only knew what we have as a united Nigeria, and keep our focus on what the future can be as a single nation, not what the past has been. Lets join hands and get rid of the current ruling elite with their foreign puppeteers. Those are our real enemies

1 Like

Re: IGBO's Are You In Support Or Against Creation Of Biafra Republic? by eduson55(m): 7:32am On Nov 08, 2012
this is the kind of people we need in NL and in nigeria.

have a hand shake.
am igbo. u talked like the wisest man on earth.

venom86: Please my Igbo brothers don't go. I am a minority from the north, because of my faith you will not believe to what extent I and my people have been disenfranchised. I like Igbo people, everyone in fact, my first best friend is Igbo, my first crush is Igbo, many people dear in my life are Igbo. Some kind of Regional autonomy and self governance might be a good idea, but please don't leave the union. If you only knew what we have as a united Nigeria, and keep our focus on what the future can be as a single nation, not what the past has been. Lets join hands and get rid of the current ruling elite with their foreign puppeteers. Those are our real enemies
Re: IGBO's Are You In Support Or Against Creation Of Biafra Republic? by youngdady: 1:17pm On Nov 08, 2012
@ Eziachi & Dede1, like I said earlier, I don't do insult and I truly hope you can make a post devoid of bitterness, self-aggrandizement and your purportedly superior and misplaced logic.

Eziachi cited the current U.K-Scotland relationship as regards Scotland having a country of their own, he however failed to quote where Scotland declared the repuBlic of Scotland before entering a round table discussion with the U.K. . . ooops I forgot, thats not the due process. Can you say same for those declaring Biarfa republic before even agreeing to a referendum

As for you, Dede1, with my little understanding of IGBO Dede is associated with elderly or respected. You've not respecetd yourself or acted elderly as far as I can see. Be that as it may, please explain to me, when a group BZM, insist on having their own country just by waking up some day and declaring a republic without recourse to the aftermath of such action and another group (FG) is ready to vehemently oppose the actions of the first group(and rightly so) since due process wasn't followed even though FG COULD EASILY HAVE INVITED THE GROUP FOR DISCUSSION WHICH IT RESERVES THE RIGHT TO DO OR NOT DEPENDING ON THE SINCERRITY OF BZM, does this not amount to war mongering

IF I SENSE INSULT IN YOUR RESPONSE I MIGHT BE FORCED TO IGNORE!!!
Re: IGBO's Are You In Support Or Against Creation Of Biafra Republic? by Odinaka00(m): 8:15am On Nov 09, 2012
venom86: Please my Igbo brothers don't go. I am a minority from the north, because of my faith you will not believe to what extent I and my people have been disenfranchised. I like Igbo people, everyone in fact, my first best friend is Igbo, my first crush is Igbo, many people dear in my life are Igbo. Some kind of Regional autonomy and self governance might be a good idea, but please don't leave the union. If you only knew what we have as a united Nigeria, and keep our focus on what the future can be as a single nation, not what the past has been. Lets join hands and get rid of the current ruling elite with their foreign puppeteers. Those are our real enemies

With people like you nigeria would become a better place 4 her citizens

1 Like

Re: IGBO's Are You In Support Or Against Creation Of Biafra Republic? by acidtalk: 11:22pm On Nov 09, 2012
Odikwa very serious matter.
Re: IGBO's Are You In Support Or Against Creation Of Biafra Republic? by Samxiulee: 12:30am On Nov 10, 2012
Can some pls do me a favor by giving me the map of biafra from Nigeria,may be then we can understand why there should be biafra......
Re: IGBO's Are You In Support Or Against Creation Of Biafra Republic? by acidtalk: 7:29am On Nov 10, 2012
Google map of biafra.
Re: IGBO's Are You In Support Or Against Creation Of Biafra Republic? by Samxiulee: 10:48am On Nov 10, 2012
acidtalk: Google map of biafra.
my brother,the maps am seeing there are conflicting,but let me just go with the one that looks more or same with the old eastern region,if that's the biafra igbo are clamouring for,then you guys are not doing a good job,the reason why is that you are not carring the other ethnic tribe in the Old eastern region along with your quest,there are ijaws,ikweres,kalabaris,ogonis,and a host of other tribes,but the way you guys are going about it,you are making it to be just igbo affair,you will need to reach out to this other tribes for this dream to come true or else they will vehemently oppose the creation of biafra,remember they occupy all the coastal region in the old eastern region of Nigeria,also remember that they refuse to give back properties left by the igbo people in portharcourt after the war,you just have to reach out to them,so that they won't feel threatened by igbo dominance in the new biafra.
I am more into the separation of Nigeria Into north and southern Nigeria than balkanising it into smaller countries.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

International Solar Initiative To Drive Affordable Power Access In Nigeria / China To Bring Additional $40 Billion Investment In Nigeria / My Dad Prepared Me Well For What I’m Doing — Oby Ezekwesili

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 81
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.