Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,605 members, 7,809,213 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 05:34 AM

Ihedinobi And Image 123 let's scripturally discuss the afterlife - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Ihedinobi And Image 123 let's scripturally discuss the afterlife (4568 Views)

Masturbating Men ‘will Find Their Hands Pregnant In The Afterlife’- / Tithing Is Scripturally Relevant In The New Testament / Death, Hell & The Afterlife (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ihedinobi And Image 123 let's scripturally discuss the afterlife by MrAnony1(m): 8:06pm On Nov 05, 2012
I promised sometime ago that we would talk about the fate of man and what happens after death. Unfortunately, I haven't had time to really give it the study as I would want to but all the same, let me throw the question out here, perhaps I'll learn something.

What happens when a sinner dies?

a. Does he go immediately to face torment then gets resurrected on the last day to be judged and then thrown into the lake of fire?
b. Does he remain void of consciousness then gets resurrected on the last day to be judged and then thrown into the lake of fire?

What happens to the righteous when he dies?

a. Does he go into a conscious comfort and then gets resurrected at the rapture to spend eternity with the Lord.
b. Does he remain void of consciousness then gets resurrected at the rapture to spend eternity with the Lord.

I think this makes for a good bible study session, wouldn't you agree.
Re: Ihedinobi And Image 123 let's scripturally discuss the afterlife by plaetton: 8:56pm On Nov 05, 2012
Mr_Anony: I promised sometime ago that we would talk about the fate of man and what happens after death. Unfortunately, I haven't had time to really give it the study as I would want to but all the same, let me throw the question out here, perhaps I'll learn something.

What happens when a sinner dies?

a. Does he go immediately to face torment then gets resurrected on the last day to be judged and then thrown into the lake of fire?
b. Does he remain void of consciousness then gets resurrected on the last day to be judged and then thrown into the lake of fire?

What happens to the righteous when he dies?

a. Does he go into a conscious comfort and then gets resurrected at the rapture to spend eternity with the Lord.
b. Does he remain void of consciousness then gets resurrected at the rapture to spend eternity with the Lord.

I think this makes for a good bible study session, wouldn't you agree.
Great questions.
But the problem is that if the answers are not plainly written in the bible, then who is really qualified to answer those questions?

And also, what exactly does void of consciousness really mean, especially for a dead person?
Re: Ihedinobi And Image 123 let's scripturally discuss the afterlife by lagerwhenindoubt(m): 9:09pm On Nov 05, 2012
where art thou image_123 wink
Re: Ihedinobi And Image 123 let's scripturally discuss the afterlife by Nobody: 9:18pm On Nov 05, 2012
Anony is on his way to becoming an atheist.

Anony has asked questions about the afterlife or rapture that the bible fails to explain or even give a clear message about.
Re: Ihedinobi And Image 123 let's scripturally discuss the afterlife by MrAnony1(m): 9:37pm On Nov 05, 2012
Lol, you guys are pathetic. Who said that the bible can't explain it? I asked the questions so that I and my brothers could have a proper bible discussion and not for you lot to come in and display your ignorance.
Re: Ihedinobi And Image 123 let's scripturally discuss the afterlife by plaetton: 9:45pm On Nov 05, 2012
[dp
Re: Ihedinobi And Image 123 let's scripturally discuss the afterlife by plaetton: 9:45pm On Nov 05, 2012
Mr_Anony: Lol, you guys are pathetic. Who said that the bible can't explain it? I asked the questions so that I and my brothers could have a proper bible discussion and not for you lot to come in and display your ignorance.

Fine.
If the bible explains it, then we should expect all of you to echo each other and say the same things and quote from the same verses. There should be no ambiguities, no conjectures, no deductions from assumptions in the inerrant word of god.

We are waiting. cool
Re: Ihedinobi And Image 123 let's scripturally discuss the afterlife by MrAnony1(m): 9:48pm On Nov 05, 2012
plaetton:

Fine.
If the bible explains it, then we should expect all of you to echo each other and say the same things and quote from the same verses. There should be no ambiguities, no conjectures, no deductions from assumptions in the inerrant word of god.

We are waiting. cool
good boy
Re: Ihedinobi And Image 123 let's scripturally discuss the afterlife by Nobody: 9:52pm On Nov 05, 2012
not a fair debate, only the pro-camp invited.

A ripe situation for rigging .

Bro Anony , I am really beginning to wonder why you fled the other thread you created grin

Anyway , I won't bother you.
Re: Ihedinobi And Image 123 let's scripturally discuss the afterlife by MrAnony1(m): 9:58pm On Nov 05, 2012
frosbel: not a fair debate, only the pro-camp invited.

A ripe situation for rigging .

Bro Anony , I am really beginning to wonder why you fled the other thread you created grin

Anyway , I won't bother you.
fled?
Re: Ihedinobi And Image 123 let's scripturally discuss the afterlife by Nobody: 10:02pm On Nov 05, 2012
Mr_Anony: Lol, you guys are pathetic. Who said that the bible can't explain it? I asked the questions so that I and my brothers could have a proper bible discussion and not for you lot to come in and display your ignorance.

I dare you to answer the question with bible passages that give a clear answer angry

You will fail
Re: Ihedinobi And Image 123 let's scripturally discuss the afterlife by MrAnony1(m): 10:20pm On Nov 05, 2012
Logicboy03:

I dare you to answer the question with bible passages that give a clear answer angry

You will fail
lol, and how will you know if I have failed or succeeded seeing that you are bible-ignorant yourself? abeg shift go corner make my brothers come jare.
Re: Ihedinobi And Image 123 let's scripturally discuss the afterlife by Nobody: 10:24pm On Nov 05, 2012
Mr_Anony:
lol, and how will you know if I have failed or succeeded seeing that you are bible-ignorant yourself? abeg shift go corner make my brothers come jare.

I am very bible literate, you liar.

I was a catholic with a more complete bible than you!
Re: Ihedinobi And Image 123 let's scripturally discuss the afterlife by CrazyMan(m): 10:30pm On Nov 05, 2012
Logicboy03:

Why the hate...he called for a debate, everyone should air their opinions.

Why are you atheist always so bitter...if you talk to him calmly, would it remove anything from you?
Re: Ihedinobi And Image 123 let's scripturally discuss the afterlife by Nobody: 10:32pm On Nov 05, 2012
CrazyMan:
Why the hate...he called for a debate, everyone should air their opinions.

Why are you atheist always so bitter...if you talk to him calmly, would it remove anything from you?

Why did he have to lie? Why do you NL christians lie so much?

Who told you that I'm bitter?
Re: Ihedinobi And Image 123 let's scripturally discuss the afterlife by MrAnony1(m): 10:37pm On Nov 05, 2012
Logicboy03:

Lol, there's a difference between being a member of an organization that has a bible and acually owning and studying a bible. I maintain that you are bible-ignorant.

1 Like

Re: Ihedinobi And Image 123 let's scripturally discuss the afterlife by Nobody: 10:44pm On Nov 05, 2012
Mr_Anony:
Lol, there's a difference between being a member of an organization that has a bible and acually owning and studying a bible. I maintain that you are bible-ignorant.

Because you are in my house with me when I read my bible?

Keep lying.

You lose more souls for christianity with this behaviour cool
Re: Ihedinobi And Image 123 let's scripturally discuss the afterlife by MrAnony1(m): 10:55pm On Nov 05, 2012
Logicboy03:

Because you are in my house with me when I read my bible?

Keep lying.

You lose more souls for christianity with this behaviour cool
lol, since when did you develop a passion for lost souls? whining won't improve your bible knowledge. Go find a bible and read it. You can start from Matt 3:2 wink
Re: Ihedinobi And Image 123 let's scripturally discuss the afterlife by Nobody: 11:01pm On Nov 05, 2012
Mr_Anony:
lol, since when did you develop a passion for lost souls? whining won't improve your bible knowledge. Go find a bible and read it. You can start from Matt 3:2 wink

Oh! It has now turned to veiled insults?

I have read the bible. The catholic bible.

Admit that you lied about my bible knowledge in your arrogance! Admit it grin
Re: Ihedinobi And Image 123 let's scripturally discuss the afterlife by italo: 3:10am On Nov 06, 2012
I'm just so eager to see this discussion really take off...

...So that we can see the danger of private interpretation of the Bible without the Church that Christ built.

*bear in mind that God's doctrine is ONE, so if no two people say the same thing, either only one of you is right or none of you is right*
Re: Ihedinobi And Image 123 let's scripturally discuss the afterlife by SNCOQ3(m): 7:02am On Nov 06, 2012
...following
Re: Ihedinobi And Image 123 let's scripturally discuss the afterlife by Image123(m): 12:01pm On Nov 06, 2012
hmmn just saw this, hope to contribute later oh. please buy pesticide oh.
Re: Ihedinobi And Image 123 let's scripturally discuss the afterlife by Nobody: 12:06pm On Nov 06, 2012
Image123: hmmn just saw this, hope to contribute later oh. please buy pesticide oh.

The bolded is very important grin
Re: Ihedinobi And Image 123 let's scripturally discuss the afterlife by italo: 12:10pm On Nov 06, 2012
22 posts and still nothing.

Who will tell us God's teaching on this topic?

Where are those so-called non-denominational Christians that claim to interpret the Bible with the help of the Holy Spirit? Where are all those who oppose Christ's Church when it claims to teach infallibly the doctrine of God?

This is your time to teach o... And pls anyone who attempts to teach us should please tell us if he is infallible or fallible in matters of faith and morals.
Re: Ihedinobi And Image 123 let's scripturally discuss the afterlife by Nobody: 12:15pm On Nov 06, 2012
italo: 22 posts and still nothing.

Where are those so-called non-denominational Christians that claim to interpret the Bible with the help of the Holy Spirit? Where are all those who oppose Christ's Church when it claims to teach infallibly the doctrine of God?

This is your time to teach o... And pls anyone who attempts to teach us should please tell us if he is infallible or fallible in matters of faith and morals.

I dey see your vexation grin grin but we are not invited nah grin If dem show you scriptures you go gree *Smh*

Edit: Do you realise that some Christians are Atheists today because of some unscriptural Church doctrines?
Re: Ihedinobi And Image 123 let's scripturally discuss the afterlife by Nobody: 12:16pm On Nov 06, 2012
italo: 22 posts and still nothing.

I hope you are not implying that the PAGAN catholic church is the church, that would be blasphemy !!
Re: Ihedinobi And Image 123 let's scripturally discuss the afterlife by Nobody: 12:18pm On Nov 06, 2012
My, I just saw this thread o. Don't know why it didn't show in my 'followed topics'. I've been laughing since I got on it. (Il)logicboy, u naw go kii pesin o. Lol.

Anyhow, twin bro, my thoughts are still crystallizing and I think this discussion should give them clear shape, thank God.

First, I think that once a person is dead, they cannot in any way participate in material reality. But I don't think they are "unaware" of it in the sense of being ignorant of unfolding events of it, they are "unaware" of it in terms of experiencing it which they cannot.

Second. As implied in first, I think the dead are "aware" or "conscious", but something like in the same manner as cinema viewers are of events of the movie they're watching.

Third. I think that the righteous dead and the wicked dead are separated, but I'm not certain what the condition of the wicked dead is except the fact that they're not in the comfort that the righteous dead are in. I think that their exclusion from that comfort amounts to a condition of torment. I don't think this separation is any different than the separation that exists right here on earth in a spiritual sense between believers and unbelievers. But it is more immediate there than it is here. I also don't think either condition is in fullness, it's more like the separation between the fruit of the harvest and the weeds just before storage and burning. Also, I think that both the comfort and the torment are probably not different from that experienced among us the living, but because the burden of material reality has been taken off, it's a more immediate experience for them.

Fourth. More than all the others my thoughts on the Judgment are the most incomplete. But I will outline them in their current development nonetheless here.

- The Judgment Day is the day on which all things, no matter what they are, are evaluated.

- The evaluation will be for purposes of discovering every last bit of Christ that may be found in everything.

- Everything that will be evaluated will be in its full form, for example, the man being judged will not be just a soul or spirit or body, he must be in his full form, spirit, soul and body. So will every other thing be. I think that the reason is to eliminate totally the possibility of oversight.

- If even a tiny speck of Christ is found in any given thing, that speck will be saved, everything else will be destroyed. If nothing of Christ is found in a particular thing, that thing in its entirety will be destroyed.

- The saints will be the agents of this judgment. But I'm not certain how. My understanding up to now was that those who come to the full maturity of Christ will be the ones judging with Him. But I wonder about that understanding because I consider that even the least of God's children has no equal in any rank beneath Christ. As such, I think that every Christian will judge with Christ but according to their capacity of Christ. We will not all judge equally because our individual measure of Christ will not be the same. It is worth bearing in mind though that a full tot and a full mug, while differing in size, are neither of them lacking in content.

- Obviously, my problem with the above is what the purpose of judgment is if all of that which is Christ is already selected and is actually itself the Judge. I think that the purpose is to bring to clear God of every charge of injustice. I think that it will be meant to show the surpassing greatness of Christ and His utter perfection and acceptability so that God is utterly justified in rejecting everything that is not exactly Christ.

Fifth. The outcome of the Judgment is the "abandoning" to the fullness of the consequences of every path chosen. So that which comes in after the Judgment is essentially the mature form of that which was before it. That means that whatever the dead are experiencing now, it is only a foretaste of what is to come and a more immediate foretaste than what we the living are experiencing, but it is not the full thing.

Finally, like I said and as evidenced by all the foregoing, my thoughts on it are still developing, and that's why I've hungered for and awaited this discussion until now. I have not named or referenced Bible passages because I want to leave my comments open to critical study and rejection. (So, non-idiotic analyses and commentaries are most welcome.)

(PS: In expressing those thoughts, I may have found some of their answers but I will wait for the right conditions to bring them forth.)

1 Like

Re: Ihedinobi And Image 123 let's scripturally discuss the afterlife by italo: 12:28pm On Nov 06, 2012
frosbel:

I hope you are not implying that the PAGAN catholic church is the church, that would be blasphemy !!

As Jesus told Pilate: "It is you who says so."
Re: Ihedinobi And Image 123 let's scripturally discuss the afterlife by italo: 12:31pm On Nov 06, 2012
Deductions from Ihedinobi:

"I think" "I think" "I think". Unsure of almost everything. Though he made a good attempt. He is not claiming infallibility in any way...and he is not claiming to tell us God's teaching.

Who will tell us what God teaches on this topic?
Re: Ihedinobi And Image 123 let's scripturally discuss the afterlife by Todaynatoday: 12:35pm On Nov 06, 2012
*following*
Re: Ihedinobi And Image 123 let's scripturally discuss the afterlife by italo: 12:36pm On Nov 06, 2012
seriallink:

I dey see your vexation grin grin but we are not invited nah grin If dem show you scriptures you go gree *Smh*

Edit: Do you realise that some Christians are Atheists today because of some unscriptural Church doctrines?

But you could have used the space and time you used to post this to tell us what scripture teaches on this issue...you who has the infallible scriptural doctrine.
Re: Ihedinobi And Image 123 let's scripturally discuss the afterlife by Nobody: 12:50pm On Nov 06, 2012
italo:

But you could have used the space and time you used to post this to tell us what scripture teaches on this issue...you who has the infallible scriptural doctrine.

Italo, you are derailing this thread. Did you see my name on the thread's topic?

Well, @the bolded, I can't remember telling you that I have all the answers. But something similar to this has been discussed on another thread and I have learnt from it. Maybe this thread is meant for people with similar understanding of scripture! So, I'll be watching from the sidelines grin

The Bible has all the answers though. It's left for us to follow it precepts upon precepts as the scripture says:

Isaiah 28:10 For precept [must be] upon precept, precept upon precept; line upon line, line upon line; here a little, [and] there a little:

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Has Your Faith In God Or Religion Ever Been Seriously Challenged? / CONTROVERSY: Biblical Linking Of Arch-angel Michael And Jesus / 5 Nights Of Glory! You Can't Miss This!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.