Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,766 members, 7,817,112 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 06:08 AM

Igbo's Don't Care About Any Biafran Declaration - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Igbo's Don't Care About Any Biafran Declaration (2871 Views)

Permission To Open Fire On Any Biafran Protesting For Nnamdi Kanu / Yoruba's Still Keep Their Deity After Being Born Again But The Igbo's Don't Why? / The Igbo's Don't Know Their Own Power ! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Igbo's Don't Care About Any Biafran Declaration by Noiseless2: 6:22pm On Nov 06, 2012
Bro, file an appeal against the election result if there is one or two things which you are not satisfied with, that is your right and the rights of others who think like you.
Ogbonaikenna: are we not suppose to have an election tribunal sitting before the coronation?
Re: Igbo's Don't Care About Any Biafran Declaration by Noiseless2: 6:26pm On Nov 06, 2012
Bro, file an appeal against her, you have my support.
Ogbonaikenna: bro, when is the election tribunal sitting? We need to unearth her previous posts. She is not worthy to co lead ndigbo
Re: Igbo's Don't Care About Any Biafran Declaration by Dede1(m): 10:33pm On Nov 06, 2012
bilms: IGBO'S DON'T CARE ABOUT ANY BIAFRA DECLARATION,THEY ONLY CARE FOR GOOD LIFE,GOOD ROADS,QUALITY EDUCATION AND JUSTICE. I read that some people in Enugu state today declared a shadow Biafra Republic lead by a U.K/Nigerian citizen,who wished to gain cheap popularity at the expense of heating up the polity and expose some Igbo's to danger while he ran away to U.k. He even declared that his Biafra would be fighting Isreal enemies and i wonder what kind of nation is that. I have after reading the declaring interracted with my Igbo friends who made it known that Igbo's don't care about any Biafra declaration,they only care for a good life,good roads,quality education,responsible leaders,job employments and justice.

You must be more than human to decipher what Ndigbo care about or not. Sometimes, precarious situation of Nigeria seem to induce hypertension on most Nigerians. If Nigeria should breakup in future, there is no amount of bad press against Ndigbo or Biafra that will prevent it.

2 Likes

Re: Igbo's Don't Care About Any Biafran Declaration by Dede1(m): 10:47pm On Nov 06, 2012
ogugua88:

Lol.

If there is a war, will you fight? All of those clamoring for a Biafra must fight. It isn't by mouth and it certainly isn't from behind a keyboard that Biafra will be created. If you want Biafra, then leave NL and go and get it. That's my take.

Igbos want good roads, education, airports, etc., just as the OP stated. However, a recreation of Biafra will not bring those things overnight. Igboland suffers the same ills plaguing the rest of Nigeria. Unless we wipe corrupt officials from Igboland, I don't see Biafra being any different than Nigeria. Not unless we have trustworthy intellects rather than big-mouthed warriors as leaders. Yes, Boko Haram has targeted Christians, many of them being Igbos, but let us not forget that Igbos are robbing, kidnapping, and murdering fellow Igbos too.

Most of your posts come across as borderline stupidity or utterances borne out of juvenile exuberance. In today’s world, it is the inalienable rights of individuals or groups of individuals to agitate for a nation state independent of the country which they currently belonged.

Declaration of independence by any group of individuals does not equate war. It is only in a fool’s figment of imagination that agitation of nation state can be remotely regarded as a declaration of war or even attempt to overthrow a government.

I guess you have intellectual lapse when you stupidly lump together the act of kidnapping, rubbing and murdering with the agitation of nationhood.

3 Likes

Re: Igbo's Don't Care About Any Biafran Declaration by Nobody: 11:55pm On Nov 06, 2012
9ja_I_hail: Sometimes reading your posts on issues concerned Nigeria, one may quote you to be pro Nigeria but anti-Igbo. Are you saying igbo's are kidnapping and killing their self's is enough reason why they should not agitate for Nation of their own when they felt cheated or injustice,hello miss Nigeria can you point out one nation without bad event or bad eggs among them?

That's not what I'm saying at all. Something you and others never fail to remind me is that charity begins at home. You even said it in this post. My question is, why don't Igbos acknowledge that we have our own problems? I'm called an idealist for believing in peace and collaboration to move people forward. Isn't believing that the recreation of Biafra will solve the problems of Ndi Ibo idealistic as well? I understand that Igbos suffer injustices and acts of discrimination, often times violent. Many crimes taking place now are reminiscent of what transpired prior to the civil war. Boko Haram targeting Christians/Igbos is a big problem, but it's just as troubling to read news of Igbos being cruel and/or murdering other Igbos. My father was nearly kidnapped in June. Armed robbers took all his money from him and drove him a distance before releasing him. He was lucky. Imagine how my mother felt, watching her husband being taken, especially when she was still mourning the loss of her father. I know you and many others think I've never been to Nigeria, but I was there just last year. My sister was harassed by young men, whom my elder cousin and I had to fight off of her. The same way some of you complain about not being able to live freely in other parts of Nigeria is how I feel in Anambra. How Hausas can tell who is Igbo or not, by accents, pronunciations, and/or features, is how fellow Igbos can pick my family and I out, not only by my and my siblings accents, but also by our "fresh skin". The way some Igbos admonish other Igbos who reside and have businesses in the north, who should be allowed to do so freely by the way, is the same way I had to admonish my adult sister for walking with her female cousins rather than our cousins Emeka or Afam. In other words, I admonished her for "behaving too freely" in her hometown, Neni.

9ja_I_hail: I have come across many threads on NL you argued how to keep Nigeria one but failed many times to tell us how one Nigeria can be possible without addressing issues or grievances in the heart of many ethnic groups that comprises Nigeria.Last time you opened a thread asking people what they are doing to better Nigeria i did not comment because i realized that your one Nigeria campaign was due to misinformed about happening in Nigeria and lack of true situation on ground.

One's tribe is his or her identity, but I would never use it against someone and I would never discriminate against someone because of his or her region. That's how I was raised. Some of today's tribalists were raised in tribalist households. That's understandable; it happens. Considering that most of us here are adults, we should be able to tell between what is right and what is wrong. It is wrong to mock Igbos as "Igbos". It is wrong to call Yorubas "yorobbers". It is wrong to label the entire Hausa people as Islamic radicals based on the foul actions of an infamous minority. Discriminating on fellow Nigerians is pathetic. It shouldn't be tolerated by anyone. Considering that charity begins at home, I start with myself and try to be a role model. OnlyTruth once said that if Igboland is successful and prosperous, then other regions would want to emulate it. Well, if I'm tolerant, hold no biases, and stand up for what is right, hopefully another Nigerian will see that it's possible for a Nigerian to reach across the "aisle of tribes" to other Nigerians who are against anti-corruption, anti-violence, etc., and emulate my behaviors. That's my hope anyway. It doesn't matter if it's only one person who respects me or takes my philosophies to heart. Change is change and I'll gladly take it.

There was nothing wrong with that thread I created. I opened that thread after reading unpatriotic comments about whether or not people were ashamed of being Nigerians. Many of them were. It's okay to be angry if your country, state, town, etc is not moving in the right direction. However, Igbos and the rest of Nigeria have to be vocal. Considering that Nigeria is technically a democracy, we are promised under democratic rule the right to a voice. We cannot sit with folded arms or conveniently type behind laptops/computers/tablets in disdain for our government. The purpose of that thread was to shift the ball onto the court of all Nigerians. It isn't necessarily about one Nigeria. I did ask for short-term goals and long-term goals, and they could range from doing something at a school or work place to a bigger scale such as state or federal government. Again, as many of you have said, charity begins at home, so what is wrong with my thread? Can you get any closer to home than one starting with himself or herself?

9ja_I_hail: I learned you reside in America canvassing how to make Nigeria workable i think you should take out time come down to Nigeria give yourself 10 years in Nigeria after that we can take you serious. If you are unbiased in heart or as a true pro one Nigeria without sentiment,have you for once asked your self why is it that there is no federal infrastructures/establishments in the eastern part of Nigeria? Is Eastern Nigeria not one of the biggest ethnic group that make's up Nigeria?

I'm very much aware that there are no federal infrastructures/establishments in the east. I think I recall this issue being raised in June or so in the parliamentary office thread. It's a shame that the federal government has done nothing or close to it in that sense. We shouldn't forget, however, that we have governors, senators, representatives, etc., who are supposed to be representing us. I offered solutions such as starting grassroots organizations, educating more Igbos (particularly about an international airport in Enugu), pamphlets, meetings., etc. In summary, pro-activity. I know it's unconventional, but it's more than worth a try. I wasn't taken seriously. Instead, some other members of Eze Ndi Igbo said they had a list of email addresses of government officials and that they wanted to send emails on the matter. Anyone who believes they can send an email to our rogue officials and get serious reply is on a long thing.

I know many may disagree with me, but I believe that the best weapon is information, and that's part of the reason I opened that thread a while back. Nigerians know what to do and they know that any able-bodied person has the ability to make a change. The question is, are they doing it? Many of them are not. That thread is only four pages, meanwhile, tribal threads can reach 20 pages within a few hours. Isn't that disappointing? If we know what to do, then why aren't we doing it?

9ja_I_hail: I hate when someone is try to be good outside forgetting that Igbo adage says that, ana isi na uno di mma were pou elo,meaning charity begins from home.I will allow you to deal with the questions i raised before i can come up with other questions.

I hope I've answered your questions.

3 Likes

Re: Igbo's Don't Care About Any Biafran Declaration by ifyalways(f): 12:23am On Nov 07, 2012
I only read your above reply and what can I say?I voted well cool

Unfortunately,being real and saying it as it is is seen as unpatriotic around here.We hate to hear and deal with the truth.

1 Like

Re: Igbo's Don't Care About Any Biafran Declaration by Nobody: 12:44am On Nov 07, 2012
ifyalways: I only read your above reply and what can I say?I voted well cool

Unfortunately,being real and saying it as it is is seen as unpatriotic around here.We hate to hear and deal with the truth.

Thanks Ify. That means a lot coming from you smiley
Re: Igbo's Don't Care About Any Biafran Declaration by 9jaIhail(m): 1:14am On Nov 07, 2012
ogugua88:

That's not what I'm saying at all. Something you and others never fail to remind me is that charity begins at home. You even said it in this post. My question is, why don't Igbos acknowledge that we have our own problems? I'm called an idealist for believing in peace and collaboration to move people forward. Isn't believing that the recreation of Biafra will solve the problems of Ndi Ibo idealistic as well? I understand that Igbos suffer injustices and acts of discrimination, often times violent. Many crimes taking place now are reminiscent of what transpired prior to the civil war. Boko Haram targeting Christians/Igbos is a big problem, but it's just as troubling to read news of Igbos being cruel and/or murdering other Igbos. My father was nearly kidnapped in June. Armed robbers took all his money from him and drove him a distance before releasing him. He was lucky. Imagine how my mother felt, watching her husband being taken, especially when she was still mourning the loss of her father. I know you and many others think I've never been to Nigeria, but I was there just last year. My sister was harassed by young men, whom my elder cousin and I had to fight off of her. The same way some of you complain about not being able to live freely in other parts of Nigeria is how I feel in Anambra. How Hausas can tell who is Igbo or not, by accents, pronunciations, and/or features, is how fellow Igbos can pick my family and I out, not only by my and my siblings accents, but also by our "fresh skin". The way some Igbos admonish other Igbos who reside and have businesses in the north, who should be allowed to do so freely by the way, is the same way I had to admonish my adult sister for walking with her female cousins rather than our cousins Emeka or Afam. In other words, I admonished her for "behaving too freely" in her hometown, Neni.

One's tribe is his or her identity, but I would never use it against someone and I would never discriminate against someone because of his or her region. That's how I was raised. Some of today's tribalists were raised in tribalist households. That's understandable; it happens. Considering that most of us here are adults, we should be able to tell between what is right and what is wrong. It is wrong to mock Igbos as "Igbos". It is wrong to call Yorubas "yorobbers". It is wrong to label the entire Hausa people as Islamic radicals based on the foul actions of an infamous minority. Discriminating on fellow Nigerians is pathetic. It shouldn't be tolerated by anyone. Considering that charity begins at home, I start with myself and try to be a role model. OnlyTruth once said that if Igboland is successful and prosperous, then other regions would want to emulate it. Well, if I'm tolerant, hold no biases, and stand up for what is right, hopefully another Nigerian will see that it's possible for a Nigerian to reach across the "aisle of tribes" to other Nigerians who are against anti-corruption, anti-violence, etc., and emulate my behaviors. That's my hope anyway. It doesn't matter if it's only one person who respects me or takes my philosophies to heart. Change is change and I'll gladly take it.

There was nothing wrong with that thread I created. I opened that thread after reading unpatriotic comments about whether or not people were ashamed of being Nigerians. Many of them were. It's okay to be angry if your country, state, town, etc is not moving in the right direction. However, Igbos and the rest of Nigeria have to be vocal. Considering that Nigeria is technically a democracy, we are promised under democratic rule the right to a voice. We cannot sit with folded arms or conveniently type behind laptops/computers/tablets in disdain for our government. The purpose of that thread was to shift the ball onto the court of all Nigerians. It isn't necessarily about one Nigeria. I did ask for short-term goals and long-term goals, and they could range from doing something at a school or work place to a bigger scale such as state or federal government. Again, as many of you have said, charity begins at home, so what is wrong with my thread? Can you get any closer to home than one starting with himself or herself?

I'm very much aware that there are no federal infrastructures/establishments in the east. I think I recall this issue being raised in June or so in the parliamentary office thread. It's a shame that the federal government has done nothing or close to it in that sense. We shouldn't forget, however, that we have governors, senators, representatives, etc., who are supposed to be representing us. I offered solutions such as starting grassroots organizations, educating more Igbos (particularly about an international airport in Enugu), pamphlets, meetings., etc. In summary, pro-activity. I know it's unconventional, but it's more than worth a try. I wasn't taken seriously. Instead, some other members of Eze Ndi Igbo said they had a list of email addresses of government officials and that they wanted to send emails on the matter. Anyone who believes they can send an email to our rogue officials and get serious reply is on a long thing.

I know many may disagree with me, but I believe that the best weapon is information, and that's part of the reason I opened that thread a while back. Nigerians know what to do and they know that any able-bodied person has the ability to make a change. The question is, are they doing it? Many of them are not. That thread is only four pages, meanwhile, tribal threads can reach 20 pages within a few hours. Isn't that disappointing? If we know what to do, then why aren't we doing it?

@Ogugua thank you for your answer,though i will not like to engage you in a public forum such as this hence it is against the culture of my people.

But truth be told i am not satisfied with some statement in the comment you made earlier today. As an elected Eze nwanyi Ndigbo it will always cause division among igbo populace which you lead. It is unwise for you to continue uttering those comments you knew that anti igbo's on NL usually capitalize on and make mock of igbo's. Meanwhile if you can read this thread and read the other thread which an Igbo brother who have written appeal against you opened you would noticed that Yoruba's had hijacked it and singing praises of you, and many igbos are not happy with such attitude. Though it's your opinion and we all have to respect it,but as long as people you lead are igbo's and 80% of igbos are pro Biafra i would suggest you try to adjust you utterances in those area you know that can cause provocation and division among igbo's.

If you look at the other thread you would noticed that many igbos are not against your one Nigeria campaign but they are against how you always find only igbos faults but other Nigeria parts is saint, when the majority of people you lead or you aspiring to lead are against your utterance what does that tells you?

@ the bolded parts. I would like to inform you that the likes of Abuja and Lagos was not developed by state govt or Reps,it was developed by the same Federal republic of Nigeria this is why i stated it earlier that you are not very much aware about the happening and things on ground in Nigeria.Now can you see the bitterness in the mind of many igbos and they have no option rather than to canvass for Biafra hence they have no sense of belonging.My dear sister these people singing your praises today they are singing it because you are dancing to their tune, if you open your eyes to show them that you are aware of the injustice melted against igbo's you will become enemy over night.

My stance on this issue is that you should not forget that the people who voted you to lead them are Igbos and every single igbo man born and raised in Igbo land is a pro Biafra.I will advice you to apply wisdom how you would deal with issues related to Biafra, issues concerning Biafra is one thing igbo populace never take for joke. For example a place like aba you cannot go there to lead any group there with this very type of mindset,likewise onitsha,Enugu, i can't say much about imo state which happen to be my state of origin,and Eboyin, Onitsha and aba is the heart of Pro Igbo/Biafra. You can go there and put a test to them then wait and hear what their response would be.

This is just my opinion, though there are some other areas which i wouldn't like to go into here just as i said above i will not like to engage you fully in public.

Thank you.

2 Likes

Re: Igbo's Don't Care About Any Biafran Declaration by Dede1(m): 1:35am On Nov 07, 2012
ogugua88:

Please point of correction, Igbo do not have problem as you wish us to believe. The issue of kidnapping, armed robbery, MEND, Boko Haram, etc are Nigeria’s problems. If Ndigbo had its army, police and judiciary system, the approach in dealing with these issues, if any, would have been different from what is obtained in Nigeria.

It is unfortunate you tend to dwell in bubble. I can say categorical your statement of Nigeria is technically a democracy is damning indictment of your so-called charity that begins at home. There is nothing wrong in a person holding an opinion. However, at times the opinions translate into idiocy.

Only drunkard would conclude Nigerians in Nigeria know what they are doing. If those who agitated for the international airport in Eungu had the same sociopolitical mindset such as you do, you would have nothing to educate Ndigbo.

3 Likes

Re: Igbo's Don't Care About Any Biafran Declaration by lagcity(m): 5:36am On Nov 07, 2012
True leadership coming from Ogugua. cheesy A true leader leads from the front and doesn't allow his/her voice to be stiffled by emotional blackmail.
Re: Igbo's Don't Care About Any Biafran Declaration by naptu2: 6:37am On Nov 07, 2012
ogugua88:

Clap clap clap clap!

What an amazing speech! What maturity!

+10000000000
Re: Igbo's Don't Care About Any Biafran Declaration by ifyalways(f): 8:40am On Nov 07, 2012
The clowns on Nairaland never cease to outdo themselves in their iberibe-sm cheesy

Someone claimed 80% of Igbos are Pro Biafra ? Lol
how so!Y'all are confusing your online rants as what's obtainable real life? What Population of Igbos closed shops/biz to march out/protest it whatever else on Nov 5th. Bunch of truth hating jokers. cool Always chasing shadows and sooooooooo happy in their self denial.And when someone is bold enough to speak out on our collective problem that is eating and sucking us up deeply,they'll congregate and label you unpatriotic . cheesy

I'm always happy that in reality,Igbos don't think/behave or act like most of the ones found on this board. It would have been a catastrophe I tell ya cry

Thank God, I say. cool

Never seen a more pathetic,deluded set.
Tufia!

1 Like

Re: Igbo's Don't Care About Any Biafran Declaration by Afam4eva(m): 9:32am On Nov 07, 2012
ifyalways: The clowns on Nairaland never cease to outdo themselves in their iberibe-sm cheesy

Someone claimed 80% of Igbos are Pro Biafra ? Lol
how so!Y'all are confusing your online rants as what's obtainable real life? What Population of Igbos closed shops/biz to march out/protest it whatever else on Nov 5th. Bunch of truth hating jokers. cool Always chasing shadows and sooooooooo happy in their self denial.And when someone is bold enough to speak out on our collective problem that is eating and sucking us up deeply,they'll congregate and label you unpatriotic . cheesy

I'm always happy that in reality,Igbos don't think/behave or act like most of the ones found on this board. It would have been a catastrophe I tell ya cry

Thank God, I say. cool

Never seen a more pathetic,deluded set.
Tufia!
What you see on this forum is borne out of frustration due to the injustices that have been meted out to Igbos. From my own assessment, Pro-Biafran Igbos are not even up to 10%.
Re: Igbo's Don't Care About Any Biafran Declaration by ifyalways(f): 10:01am On Nov 07, 2012
afam4eva:
What you see on this forum is borne out of frustration due to the injustices that have been meted out to Igbos. From my own assessment, Pro-Biafran Igbos are not even up to 10%.
Injustices by whom ?
Don't we have equal representatives at the senate and rep?What are they doing for us?what about our governors,Lg chairmen and indeed all Igbo public officer holders,what are they doing and why,when would we hold them responsible for their non- performance

What can we,have we achieved by holding on to this
past grievances or injustice?would we correct this "injustice" by agitating for a new,our own country to be headed by same old corrupt politicians as the ones we currently have?

Which is honestly affecting us now,Afam,the injustice
of the past or the one we are currently facing by our own kinsmen in office ?

If we can't get it right now,what's the possibilty of getting it right when and If we move to Mars ?
With the regular Anambra man looking down on an Ebonyi guy,an Imo guy referring to a delta guy as " iilegal or non bonafide Igbo" how do you think this new nation would look like IF it's ever achieved in this our current state and mindset?

Choi,I'll rather be a common resident in a foreign land than a slave in my fathers house. cool

4 Likes

Re: Igbo's Don't Care About Any Biafran Declaration by Ogbonaikenna(m): 11:17am On Nov 07, 2012
9ja_I_Hail i got your PM. Ogbonaikenna@yahoo.com
Re: Igbo's Don't Care About Any Biafran Declaration by Dainfamous: 11:46am On Nov 07, 2012
9ja_I_hail:

@Ogugua thank you for your answer,though i will not like to engage you in a public forum such as this hence it is against the culture of my people.

But truth be told i am not satisfied with some statement in the comment you made earlier today. As an elected Eze nwanyi Ndigbo it will always cause division among igbo populace which you lead. It is unwise for you to continue uttering those comments you knew that anti igbo's on NL usually capitalize on and make mock of igbo's. Meanwhile if you can read this thread and read the other thread which an Igbo brother who have written appeal against you opened you would noticed that Yoruba's had hijacked it and singing praises of you, and many igbos are not happy with such attitude. Though it's your opinion and we all have to respect it,but as long as people you lead are igbo's and 80% of igbos are pro Biafra i would suggest you try to adjust you utterances in those area you know that can cause provocation and division among igbo's.

If you look at the other thread you would noticed that many igbos are not against your one Nigeria campaign but they are against how you always find only igbos faults but other Nigeria parts is saint, when the majority of people you lead or you aspiring to lead are against your utterance what does that tells you?

@ the bolded parts. I would like to inform you that the likes of Abuja and Lagos was not developed by state govt or Reps,it was developed by the same Federal republic of Nigeria this is why i stated it earlier that you are not very much aware about the happening and things on ground in Nigeria.Now can you see the bitterness in the mind of many igbos and they have no option rather than to canvass for Biafra hence they have no sense of belonging.My dear sister these people singing your praises today they are singing it because you are dancing to their tune, if you open your eyes to show them that you are aware of the injustice melted against igbo's you will become enemy over night.

My stance on this issue is that you should not forget that the people who voted you to lead them are Igbos and every single igbo man born and raised in Igbo land is a pro Biafra.I will advice you to apply wisdom how you would deal with issues related to Biafra, issues concerning Biafra is one thing igbo populace never take for joke. For example a place like aba you cannot go there to lead any group there with this very type of mindset,likewise onitsha,Enugu, i can't say much about imo state which happen to be my state of origin,and Eboyin, Onitsha and aba is the heart of Pro Igbo/Biafra. You can go there and put a test to them then wait and hear what their response would be.

This is just my opinion, though there are some other areas which i wouldn't like to go into here just as i said above i will not like to engage you fully in public.

Thank you.
well said bro..
Re: Igbo's Don't Care About Any Biafran Declaration by 9jaIhail(m): 11:52am On Nov 07, 2012
Ogbonaikenna: 9ja_I_Hail i got your PM. Ogbonaikenna@yahoo.com

I will write you a mail bro through hushmail, i don't have yahoo id and i am not into all these chatting stuffs. We all need to let go whatever differences we have ,please let us unite and make a different. I still want to call on those who have been fueling issues making it look as if there is anyone on a pay roll on this NL Eze Igbo of a thing to desist from their acts as it won't do us any good.

Anyway my advice remained that united we stand divided we fall.
Re: Igbo's Don't Care About Any Biafran Declaration by 9jaIhail(m): 11:58am On Nov 07, 2012
Da infamous: well said bro..

Thank you my brother. I want us to know that it is a task that we must ignore trollies and whomever that is looking for avenue to disunite us.
Re: Igbo's Don't Care About Any Biafran Declaration by Olaolufred(m): 12:19pm On Nov 07, 2012
ifyalways:
Injustices by whom ?
Don't we have equal representatives at the senate and rep?What are they doing for us?what about our governors,Lg chairmen and indeed all Igbo public officer holders,what are they doing and why,when would we hold them responsible for their non- performance

What can we,have we achieved by holding on to this
past grievances or injustice?would we correct this "injustice" by agitating for a new,our own country to be headed by same old corrupt politicians as the ones we currently have?

Which is honestly affecting us now,Afam,the injustice
of the past or the one we are currently facing by our own kinsmen in office ?

If we can't get it right now,what's the possibilty of getting it right when and If we move to Mars ?
With the regular Anambra man looking down on an Ebonyi guy,an Imo guy referring to a delta guy as " iilegal or non bonafide Igbo" how do you think this new nation would look like IF it's ever achieved in this our current state and mindset?

Choi,I'll rather be a common resident in a foreign land than a slave in my fathers house. cool

You are actually seeing the bigger picture.
Bravo.
Until we grow to challenge our politicians to be responsible,
They will always constitute the threat that brought most of these agitations.
It is normal for frustration to trigger one towards looking for a change.
But the citizen must take up the decision of rebelling aginst our political class.
If they see that the masses are serious in holding them accountable, they will sit tight.
However, they know how to buy masses with peanuts.
The politicians had robbed the citizens to the level that most resorted to slavery mentality.
When a Governor sinks a borehole of 500,000 naira, A whole village gathers to thank him as if the money came from his personal business.
The same set of rogues will lead the new countries we are clamouring for.
Arewa, Odua or Biafra will just be a charade if we do not start by calling the politicians to order starting from Wards to LGA to State to National level.
Remember, Charity begins at home.
Re: Igbo's Don't Care About Any Biafran Declaration by chucky234(m): 3:36pm On Nov 07, 2012
Igbos peeling and fighting themselves as if their ranting will amount to something meaning in what happen to Biafra, Biafra is dead and buried.
The earlier you all realized the better oooooooo
Re: Igbo's Don't Care About Any Biafran Declaration by Noiseless2: 5:35pm On Nov 07, 2012
That's your opinion, and because you are one of those who think without nigeria there will be zero life, it doesn't mean majority think like you.
afam4eva:
Re: Igbo's Don't Care About Any Biafran Declaration by Noiseless2: 5:41pm On Nov 07, 2012
United we stand yes! But there will be no chance of crawling let alone standing when the likes of "ogugua" are too busy pulling us down.
9ja_I_hail:

I will write you a mail bro through hushmail, i don't have yahoo id and i am not into all these chatting stuffs. We all need to let go whatever differences we have ,please let us unite and make a different. I still want to call on those who have been fueling issues making it look as if there is anyone on a pay roll on this NL Eze Igbo of a thing to desist from their acts as it won't do us any good.

Anyway my advice remained that united we stand divided we fall.
Re: Igbo's Don't Care About Any Biafran Declaration by 9jaIhail(m): 6:21pm On Nov 07, 2012
Noiseless2: United we stand yes! But there will be no chance of crawling let alone standing when the likes of "ogugua" are too busy pulling us down.

Bro i understand your concern but remember we need to approach some certain issues diplomatically.Uses of Force or engaging each others with harsh words will rubbish the effort we have made since few months through the leadership of Eze Onlytruth to bring unity among igbo's.I also understand your reason of anger due to her post or position as Eze nwanyi,on this i can assure you that we are doing our best to make sure she understand how igbo populace view Biafra issue and amend her utterances. Ogugua's statement might be provocative but we all need to remember that we are all different humans so do our views and opinion is.Take for instance in a family of five(5) few may have different opinions from others talk less of a forum where non of us know each other in person.You can give me your moniker id i will send you a mail as i was mandated by the Eze council to contact our brethren who felt bad due the statement of our sister and make them to see reasons why we should calm down.

Ogugua is our sister we need her as she need us we should not allow misguided fellows to mislead her.I plead to you all to calm down and shed your swords let us be our bro/sis keepers.
Re: Igbo's Don't Care About Any Biafran Declaration by chosen04(f): 8:01pm On Nov 07, 2012
Those who are elected/nominated to lead must watch the kind of statements they make. Am just disappointed at the statement made by ogugua88. Its obvious she doesnot know what the problem of an Igbo man is in this entity called niGERia.
Re: Igbo's Don't Care About Any Biafran Declaration by chosen04(f): 8:04pm On Nov 07, 2012
chucky234: Igbos peeling and fighting themselves as if their ranting will amount to something meaning in what happen to Biafra, Biafra is dead and buried.

BIAFRA is a SPIRIT and the last time I checked SPIRITs dont die, they live.

The BIAFRA will continue to be niGERia's NEMESIS
Re: Igbo's Don't Care About Any Biafran Declaration by ifyalways(f): 8:55pm On Nov 07, 2012
Olaolufred:

You are actually seeing the bigger picture.
Bravo.
Until we grow to challenge our politicians to be responsible,
They will always constitute the threat that brought most of these agitations.
It is normal for frustration to trigger one towards looking for a change.
But the citizen must take up the decision of rebelling aginst our political class.
If they see that the masses are serious in holding them accountable, they will sit tight.
However, they know how to buy masses with peanuts.
The politicians had robbed the citizens to the level that most resorted to slavery mentality.
When a Governor sinks a borehole of 500,000 naira, A whole village gathers to thank him as if the money came from his personal business.
The same set of rogues will lead the new countries we are clamouring for.
Arewa, Odua or Biafra will just be a charade if we do not start by calling the politicians to order starting from Wards to LGA to State to National level.
Remember, Charity begins at home.
thank you my brother. To the freeloaders on nld who by the way, their cowardice didn't let them go protest or March on Nov 5th for what they so believe in, once we are out of Nigeria, all our problems would disappear.

So they can have free hand to oppress those they deem as "lesser Igbos" and possibly kill people with contrasting POV? My God forbid!!!
Re: Igbo's Don't Care About Any Biafran Declaration by Nobody: 9:13pm On Nov 07, 2012
chucky234: Igbos peeling and fighting themselves as if their ranting will amount to something meaning in what happen to Biafra, Biafra is dead and buried.
Biafra is dead and buried? Na you kill am? Who says only 10percent of igbos are pro-biafrans? There is no need coming online to make a conclusion when a survey hasn't been carried out.
Biafra was borne out of the injustice and killings done to igbos 46years ago.the same injustice and killings is still going on today and no one is saying or doing anything about it.for how long shall we continue to endure when our brothers and sisters are slaughtered like sallah rams in the north? Biafra shall be reborn no matter what anti-biafrans think or say about it!

1 Like

Re: Igbo's Don't Care About Any Biafran Declaration by damoobaba: 11:22pm On Nov 07, 2012
soma042:

i can feel you bros, thank for your concern. But we children of zion here in enugu celebrated the event. So dont panic is time to leave. afterall we have been married for 52yrs nothing happen no good road{fed road}, no education,no justice{boko murder}. And here your rambling about good life bla bla.
the only answer to these pain you mension is BIAFRA.
Oge me gi vøøm nanya.
Listen Mumu,your own brothers/politician have sold your birthright for a plate of porridge,I mean people like Ojo Maduekwe.They pocket your monthly allocations,use the change to buy mansions i̶̲̥̅̊n̶̲̅ Dubai (Chimaroke and Orji Kalu etc).I no pity you but na your family I pity,Ode no go find better work do,na biafra make you D̶̲̥̅̊ε̲̣̣̣̥γ̲̣̣̥ shout.
Re: Igbo's Don't Care About Any Biafran Declaration by damoobaba: 11:47pm On Nov 07, 2012
ogugua88:

A̶̲̥̅♏ a Yoruba guy,without trying to insult your tribe,from this comment,you sound like somebody who was brought up a total human being.who sees her neighbours as brothers/sisters.A̶̲̥̅♏ sorry,this attributes are un-like Ibos.would love to meet you,even date you!
Re: Igbo's Don't Care About Any Biafran Declaration by Nobody: 4:39pm On Nov 08, 2012
chosen04: Those who are elected/nominated to lead must watch the kind of statements they make. Am just disappointed at the statement made by ogugua88. Its obvious she doesnot know what the problem of an Igbo man is in this entity called niGERia.

Lol this is funny.
Re: Igbo's Don't Care About Any Biafran Declaration by Pharoh: 5:09pm On Nov 08, 2012
Always focusing on the wrong things instead of tackling the present abnormalies facing them right now. @ogugua . . . i wish you do the rightful thing and dump their so called title for them, or can anyone lay down the achievement in the past one year of having an eze ndigbo of nairaland?.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Yoruba, Igbo Mistrust Cause Of Underdevelopment- Adebanjo / BREAKING: Nigerians Can Now Send Money Abroad Using Western Union / Prophet Announced What 2015 Will Become

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 181
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.