Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,160,779 members, 7,844,532 topics. Date: Wednesday, 29 May 2024 at 11:11 PM

Accountants Help: How To Cope With Maths In Accounting - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Accountants Help: How To Cope With Maths In Accounting (918 Views)

Please How Do I Cope With An Unstable Boss? / How Do You Cope When Sacked? / Applied Bsc In Accounting By Ican? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Accountants Help: How To Cope With Maths In Accounting by Sidneydan: 12:06am On Nov 06, 2012
Dear great accountants and and accountants to be, i hav passion 4 accounting and was gud in acct while in sec sch. But my prob is that i hav poor maths background. Not only that after my sec sch i stayed more 5years due to financial support. I got admited to study my dream course in a fed uni, bt am a kind of finding it hard with maths though stil practising to know it. How do i cope pls. Is acct all about maths. I lv acct wit passion. Accountants pls advice me. Thanks
Re: Accountants Help: How To Cope With Maths In Accounting by Mustay(m): 11:07am On Nov 06, 2012
Re: Accountants Help: How To Cope With Maths In Accounting by emmanuelogbe(m): 12:17pm On Nov 06, 2012
Bro, if I may ask, which area of mathematics do you have problem with?
Re: Accountants Help: How To Cope With Maths In Accounting by Sidneydan: 1:44pm On Nov 08, 2012
@ Emmanuel
I know some part of Algebra and business mathematics, the fact is that i have forgotten most of the maths I know due to poor background, I really i want to be good in it. How do i cope. Thanks.
Re: Accountants Help: How To Cope With Maths In Accounting by Sidneydan: 11:14pm On Nov 13, 2012
Pls. Great accountants i need ur advice. Thanks
Re: Accountants Help: How To Cope With Maths In Accounting by Businesstools(m): 9:35pm On Nov 17, 2012
As an Accounting student,You don't need indepth understanding of maths.Identifying,measuring,recording,classifying,interpreting and communicating financial information,which is what Accounting is all about requires only basic maths operation addition,subtraction,division and multiplication.Understand the principles of double entry and a few others and you shall have no problems with FA.All the best.

2 Likes

Re: Accountants Help: How To Cope With Maths In Accounting by Sammy107d(m): 10:14am On Nov 18, 2012
There's no maths in Accounting. It's enough to be simply numerate. If you ever decide to solve for x, you'll be going the extra mile, and that'll be commendable.
Re: Accountants Help: How To Cope With Maths In Accounting by Sidneydan: 11:11pm On Nov 19, 2012
Businesstools and sam thanks, i know basic maths, is just that i heard that apart frm acounting they do lots of maths such as calculus, college algebra and lots of them. Am asking b/c am only average. Thanks 4 ur reply.

(1) (Reply)

Medical Doctors In The House Assist A Colleague!!! / 2014 Nigeria Army Recruitment Shortlisted List. / Free Ride To Your Office In Lagos EVERYDAY...

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.