Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,788 members, 7,817,267 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 09:07 AM

Buhari's Coup Was To Prevent Ekwueme From Succeeding Shagari. - Dr. Umaru Dikko - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Buhari's Coup Was To Prevent Ekwueme From Succeeding Shagari. - Dr. Umaru Dikko (3513 Views)

See The Exact Crate Umaru Dikko Was Found In At Stansted Airport In 1984 / Umaru Dikko Is Dead - Prominent Northern Politician / Buhari Coup Was Done In Ignorance- Lar (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Buhari's Coup Was To Prevent Ekwueme From Succeeding Shagari. - Dr. Umaru Dikko by 9jaIhail(m): 6:45pm On Nov 06, 2012
kingoflag:
Right, Buhari and co took over not because Ekueme and Dikko were horribly corrupt but because they didnt want an Igbo man as President......

If that was the case why did Buhari go to great lengths (causing an international imbroglio on the way) to grab Umaru Dikko, contain him in a crate meant for cargo, and try to extradite him to Nigeria to face corruption charges; WAS IT BECAUSE UMARU DIKKO WAS IGBO TOO?!

"The issue of corruption is neither here nor there" indeed.

Nigerians, please stop letting these useless old men that need to have been executed eons ago for destroying the future of generations keep taking advantage of you guys.

It only good in the tongue of you guys to call other people leaders names such as idiiot etc but you all always bow down and worship the likes of thiefnumbu who is stained with corruption and cannot stand in the way of the Great Ekwueme.Only when the truth is been pointed out to you guys then the saint suddenly turn to enemy overnight Chunua Achebe case is a good example. Anyway you all can fool some deluded or misguided igbos who is not conversant with your tricks but not me. Ekwume is far from been out spoken type and whenever he speaks he speak with facts and points and his points remains undeniable.

1 Like

Re: Buhari's Coup Was To Prevent Ekwueme From Succeeding Shagari. - Dr. Umaru Dikko by 9javoice1(m): 6:48pm On Nov 06, 2012
@kingoflag
My friend, if you dont have a good retort its not imperative that you voice something just for the hell of it. If you are too young to remember the Shagari era, I'd advice that you pick up a few books and learn your history.

where are you confused in this wonderful and eye opening words of Ekwueme?
just be specific and i will help to explain to you clearly.
Re: Buhari's Coup Was To Prevent Ekwueme From Succeeding Shagari. - Dr. Umaru Dikko by Nobody: 6:56pm On Nov 06, 2012
9ja_I_hail:

It only good in the tongue of you guys to call other people leaders names such as idiiot etc but you all always bow down and worship the likes of thiefnumbu who is stained with corruption and cannot stand in the way of the Great Ekwueme.Only when the truth is been pointed out to you guys then the saint suddenly turn to enemy overnight Chunua Achebe case is a good example. Anyway you all can fool some deluded or misguided igbos who is not conversant with your tricks but not me. Ekwume is far from been out spoken type and whenever he speaks he speak with facts and points and his points remains undeniable.

I have some choice words for you, but I'll try to relent delving to your level.

9ja voice: when the major intention is achived Buhari and co has to move on with other issues.
i hope you get it now.

not only umaru dikko and atiku speaks in support of Ekwueme genuine and progresive intention,
too many progresive nigerians are with same idea.

Dude, can you shut the hell up and stop seeing everything through tribal lenses? Nobody doubts your contention that Ekwueme was more Progressive than Lincoln or that he had more genuine intentions than JFK, the bones of contention here are WHY the Shagari Government was overthrown and (if) the takeover was justified and the answers are :

1. THE SHAGARI GOVERNMENT WAS VERY CORRUPT AND;

2. YES, the takeover was justifiable.

Do yourself a favor and go find out a conservative estimate of how much just Umaru Dikko alone was known to have siphoned and embezzled from government coffers. Now, tally it up and estimate it in today's figures then reply after youve recovered from the fainting spell that will definitely occur when the astronomical figure finally registers in your brain.

P.S: I wont be replying you after this. I went through your old posts and I figured it'll be a waste of time engaging you further.

Note that I've practically been condemning Umaru Dikko and the Shagari Govt in all my posts on this topic, while all youre doing is trying to label me a tribalist like your ignorant self. It'll help your mental state if you stop seeing the boogey man in every corner.
Re: Buhari's Coup Was To Prevent Ekwueme From Succeeding Shagari. - Dr. Umaru Dikko by 9jaIhail(m): 7:17pm On Nov 06, 2012
kingoflag:

I have some choice words for you, but I'll try to relent delving to your level.

Dude, can you shut the hell up and stop seeing everything through tribal lenses? Nobody doubts your contention that Ekwueme was more Progressive than Lincoln or that he had more genuine intentions than JFK, the bones of contention here are WHY the Shagari Government was overthrown and (if) the takeover was justified and the answers are :

2. YES

Do yourself a favor and go find out a conservative estimate of how much just Umaru Dikko alone was known to have siphoned and embezzled from government coffers. Now, tally it up and estimate it in today's figures then reply after youve recovered from the fainting spell that will definitely occur when the astronomical figure finally registers in your brain.

P.S: I wont be replying you after this. I went through your old posts and I figured it'll be a waste of time engaging you further.

Note that I've practically been condemning Umaru Dikko, while all youre doing is trying to label me a tribalist like your ignorant self. Stop seeing the boogey man in every painting.

Since i knew you here on NL i have noticed that you always have bigger level or whatever you called it than anyone you quoted. You can go through your posts and see what i am talking about. You asked someone to stop analyzing every issue with sentiment but here you are playing blind eyes on the issue Ekwueme rightly pointed out.You claimed to know all Nigerian history and you do not know when OBJ openly said those who loose war does not gain access to the country main stream of politics.I think you should stop treating every issue with tribalism.In fact most of the histories i had read here on NL posted by you all was misleading and very unrealistic.Little wonder DEDE1 preferred addressing you as kingoflagfools.Nigeria Govt need to give serious attention to the issues of Lunatic and intellectual lazy scums. Please don't bother to quote me again as you can see i didn't meant to insult you.

1 Like

Re: Buhari's Coup Was To Prevent Ekwueme From Succeeding Shagari. - Dr. Umaru Dikko by 9javoice1(m): 7:31pm On Nov 06, 2012
@KINGOFLAG:

Sorry dear am not into insults and abuses. i learn to stand be the truth where ever i see one.

2. YES, the takeover was justifiable.

your logic here is as good as throwing a child away with dirty water.
shagari tenure was corrupt yes, who is contesting that.

but he is the choice of the masses which is why they vote him the second time, why shouldn't Buhari respect that.
do you recall that Buhari coupe beget another counter coupe that bring in IBB(real corrupt dude).

now mate judge for yourself between IBB tenure and Shagari tenure which is better?
the action of Buhari lead us to that.

but these issues are not the major reason for the coupe,
the insiders are telling you the major issue and you are here insulting people.

i repeat the major issue is that "igbos cant be allowed to rule the nation".
revealed by Umaru dikko and approved by a lousy OBJ.

Note that I've practically been condemning Umaru Dikko and the Shagari Govt, while all youre doing is trying to label me a tribalist like your ignorant self. It'll help your mental state if you stop seeing the boogey man in every painting.

pls don't run away with flemxy excuse.
i know you like it when insults are raining here and there but i don't have need for that,
lets argue constructively.
Re: Buhari's Coup Was To Prevent Ekwueme From Succeeding Shagari. - Dr. Umaru Dikko by dayokanu(m): 7:47pm On Nov 06, 2012
This doesnt make Sense.

Shagari still had 4 more years to rule why would Buhari not wait till 1986-87 before staging the coup if the intention was to stop Ekwueme?

I dont expect umaru Dikko to say anything good about Buhari who put him in a crate in London to come and jail in Nigeria.
Re: Buhari's Coup Was To Prevent Ekwueme From Succeeding Shagari. - Dr. Umaru Dikko by 9javoice1(m): 8:02pm On Nov 06, 2012
by dayokanu(m): 7:47pm
This doesnt make Sense.
Shagari still had 4 more years to rule why would Buhari not wait till 1986-87 before staging the coup if the intention was to stop Ekwueme?
I dont expect umaru Dikko to say anything good about Buhari who put him in a crate in London to come and jail in Nigeria.

i use to think towards that line until i discover the reason umaru dikko speak up.

the man umaru dikko felt disappointed by Buhari his kins man, and he decided to open up their secret agenda.
he let out the cat and expose Buhari's secret intention.

remember that umaru dikko is speaking against Buhari and his group not implicating the north and west generaly in his revelation.

umaru dikko is a highly placed man so he knows very well what he is talking about.

if it were someone that talks about why atiku and the rest was against Ekwume's proposal of regional government,
many will be shaking their head and saying no no, but thank God Atiku says it himself that it is due to war mentality.

can we see the link on why they overthrow shagari government. "war mentality".

one may ask like our brother above "why didn't they wait till the end of Shagari tenure if it was because of Igbo taking over"?

if they waited till then, the intention of the coupe will be obvious.
that is why they did it early enough to divert attention.
Re: Buhari's Coup Was To Prevent Ekwueme From Succeeding Shagari. - Dr. Umaru Dikko by dayokanu(m): 8:08pm On Nov 06, 2012
^ Do you expect Dikko to say anything in favour of Buhari who arrested him, humiliated and crated him before he was saved by the Police in London?

I ask if the motive was to stop Ekwueme, why not wait till 1986-87 when its almost close to the time Shagari would have over.

When Buhari struck Shagari has barely been sworn in for the second term
Re: Buhari's Coup Was To Prevent Ekwueme From Succeeding Shagari. - Dr. Umaru Dikko by 9javoice1(m): 8:15pm On Nov 06, 2012
dayokanu(m): Quote Post
^ Do you expect Dikko to say anything in favour of Buhari who arrested him, humiliated and crated him before he was saved by the Police in London?
I ask if the motive was to stop Ekwueme, why not wait till 1986-87 when its almost close to the time Shagari would have over.
When Buhari struck Shagari has barely been sworn in for the second term

it is natural for human being to reveal the secrets of the other when they felt betrayed or disappointed.
that was what Umaru Dikko felt and he let out the cat from the bag.

when the Chinese felt that westerner's are hitting them hard economically,
they decided to trumpet to Africans how westerner's has been holding african in bondage for ages.

Obj finaly ccomfirm the speculation by saying it open "it takes 200yrs for any group that lost a war to be relevant politically"
Don't 4get that sometime last year or so IBB quoted OBJ saying "it take some hundread years before a group that lost war to be relevant".
is that not what Ekwueme is saying,
that was what SLS is warning the nation against,
that too was the point of Ojukwu and that is the reason of the coupe.

this thing is not rocket science my dear.
if you know my secret and take advantage of it, then why cant i do the same to you if i know one.
Re: Buhari's Coup Was To Prevent Ekwueme From Succeeding Shagari. - Dr. Umaru Dikko by dayokanu(m): 8:20pm On Nov 06, 2012
How did Buhari betray Dikko? By attempting to arrest Dikko for running away with govt money?

And how is Dikko a reputable source that can be believed?
Re: Buhari's Coup Was To Prevent Ekwueme From Succeeding Shagari. - Dr. Umaru Dikko by Katsumoto: 8:26pm On Nov 06, 2012
silica: Hope For Nigeria

I read an interview where you said General Gowon's post war principles of the three 'R's-reconciliation, rehabilitation, and reconstruction. There was also his post-war philosophy of 'no victor, no vanquished', which you said were terribly, terribly flawed. Do you still stand by that or you have changed your mind?

I think we should draw a distinction between the three 'R's and the principle of 'no victor, no vanquished'. I think I applauded Gowon for the principle of 'no victor, no vanquished'. But I'm saying that, that was in real terms. In terms of implementation, it was observed more in the breach.

Question: How do you mean, sir?
Answer: At every turn, everybody here knew that he was vanquished. Ok, let me give you an example. Let's say on May 30, 1966, the day Biafra declared secession, if on that day, I had a million pounds in my bank account, and then I came on May 31 and withdrew half a million of that money; and then on June 1, I put back the half a million of the same money. Now, the way it was worked out by the Federal Ministry of Finance, at the end of the war, was that the money I took out on May 31, was good money. But the money I was returning was worthless money in the sense that it was no longer Nigerian money. So, I now ended up with half a million instead of one million. And if you take it all the way that one million could become zero. If you take and put, and take and put, what you take is discounted in the books of the bank. What you put is in fact credited. The debit is accepted but the credit is not accepted. So, it was calculated to impoverish those who are here. That cannot be an implementation of 'no victor, no vanquished' post-war philosophy. It is clearly against the vanquished. And then, no amount of money you have, when you go to exchange it, it is 20 pounds! And this 20 pounds, to get it, you have to sweat and fight! So, you can imagine.

That's a lot of BS sir.

1. How could the Nigerian government have coordinated a policy that was meant to penalize Biafrans just a day after secession was declared?

2. Why would anyone withdraw half of their funds and replace it the following day? Is he stating that the Biafrans who remained in Lagos for the duration of the war didn't have any money to spend since any account credit by a Biafran wasn't accounted for by the banks? Or did the banks have a way of telling Biafrans who remained in Nigeria and those who went to Biafra apart?

3. Was it possible that an Igbo man who was relocating to Biafra before the outbreak of war would have left his savings in banks outside Biafra?

What really happened
1. Because Biafra was converting Nigerian pounds to FOREX and buying arms, Nigeria banned the importation of Nigerian notes 21 August 1967. Simply put, no money was allowed in from anywhere.

2. For the same reasons as above, Nigeria changed its currency in January 1968.

3. Later on in 1968, the central bank announced exchange rates for old Nigerian notes and Biafran notes in areas that had been won by the Nigerian troops.

4. The Biafrans stole 2 million pounds from the Central Bank in Benin

5. Biafrans contributed to the war effort through their savings and assets

Given the above, how can Ekueme claim that a man who withdrew half his savings on May 31 1967 and deposited the same amount back in a day later lost the amount that was deposited after just a day?
Re: Buhari's Coup Was To Prevent Ekwueme From Succeeding Shagari. - Dr. Umaru Dikko by 9javoice1(m): 8:29pm On Nov 06, 2012
by dayokanu(m): 8:20pm
How did Buhari betray Dikko? By attempting to arrest Dikko for running away with govt money?
And how is Dikko a reputable source that can be believed?

he umaru blv that if any person should be after his corrupt practices in nigeria it shouldn't be his kins man.
that is the priciple umaru dikko felt Buhari break.

now therefore if its time to speak about our secrets lets do it since nobody is saint here.he said in him.

concerning the credibility of Umaru's comment i can say it's more trustworthy than most of nigerian dailies.
because the man umaru is a highly connected person in the north and in the government of the nation.
so he knows what he saying.
He even know the gravity of lying with such things.
Re: Buhari's Coup Was To Prevent Ekwueme From Succeeding Shagari. - Dr. Umaru Dikko by 9javoice1(m): 8:37pm On Nov 06, 2012
@Katsumoto
That's a lot of BS sir.
1. How could the Nigerian government have coordinated a policy that was meant to penalize Biafrans just a day after secession was declared?
2. Why would anyone withdraw half of their funds and replace it the following day? Is he stating that the Biafrans who remained in Lagos for the duration of the war didn't have any money to spend since any account credit by a Biafran wasn't accounted for by the banks? Or did the banks have a way of telling Biafrans who remained in Nigeria and those who went to Biafra apart?
3. Was it possible that an Igbo man who was relocating to Biafra before the outbreak of war would have left his savings in banks outside Biafra?
What really happened
1. Because Biafra was converting Nigerian pounds to FOREX and buying arms, Nigeria banned the importation of Nigerian notes 21 August 1967. Simply put, no money was allowed in from anywhere.
3. Later on in 1968, the central bank announced exchange rates for old Nigerian notes and Biafran notes in areas that had been won by the Nigerian troops.
Given the above, how can Ekueme claim that a man who withdrew half his savings on May 31 1967 and deposited the same amount back in a day later lost the amount that was deposited after just a day?

Sorry sir Ekwueme is analyzing the situation with an illustration. he is not saying it happened exactly like that read it again sir.
Re: Buhari's Coup Was To Prevent Ekwueme From Succeeding Shagari. - Dr. Umaru Dikko by Katsumoto: 8:41pm On Nov 06, 2012
9ja voice:

Sorry sir Ekwueme is analyzing the situation with an illustration. he is not saying it happened exactly like that read it again sir.

But the illustration should be relevant. What is the point of an illustration that has no meaning? Ekueme was portraying Biafrans as victims and other Nigerians as heartless.
Re: Buhari's Coup Was To Prevent Ekwueme From Succeeding Shagari. - Dr. Umaru Dikko by 9javoice1(m): 8:52pm On Nov 06, 2012
i blv there are a lot secret things about our nation we common man don't know.

but those things comes into public hearing once in a blue moon.

for me its not too difficult to blv but my point is lets move this nation ahead and shun tribalism.

but if moving forward becomes difficult for us then lets put an end to this unity.
does it make sense for one to force himself to another and still want him to be happy.

am very sure SS,SE AND SW can stand differently on their feet as individual nations.
i don't know much about the north but the way they are going on the issue of this nation makes me doubt their viability as a separate nation.
Re: Buhari's Coup Was To Prevent Ekwueme From Succeeding Shagari. - Dr. Umaru Dikko by Katsumoto: 8:57pm On Nov 06, 2012
9ja voice: i blv there are a lot secret things about our nation we common man don't know.

but those things comes into public hearing once in a blue moon.

for me its not too difficult to blv but my point is lets move this nation ahead and shun tribalism.

but if moving forward becomes difficult for us then lets put an end to this unity.
does it make sense for one to force himself to another and still want him to be happy.

am very sure SS,SE AND SW can stand differently on their feet as individual nations.
i don't know much about the north but the way they are going on the issue of this nation makes me doubt their viability as a separate nation.

I agree with most of that. If Nigeria can't make progress as a whole then it should let parts that want to exist in separation do so.
Re: Buhari's Coup Was To Prevent Ekwueme From Succeeding Shagari. - Dr. Umaru Dikko by ACM10: 9:18pm On Nov 06, 2012
Ok, let
me give you an example.
Let's say on
May 30, 1966, the day Biafra declared
secession, if on that day

Seriously, you have issues with comprehension that you could not even identify illustration when you sees one. He illustrated a programme designed to frustrate the Biafrans economically, while you are regurgitating some loads of malarkey. You are simply disoriented.
In your bid to attack Ekwueme, you overlooked his illustration to explain his point.
What prevents you from linking him up on facebook or other social media to debate this issue with him. Cos you loves to play to the gallery. You want to accept cheers from your ignorant adherents.

Katsumoto:

That's a lot of BS sir.

What really happened

Re: Buhari's Coup Was To Prevent Ekwueme From Succeeding Shagari. - Dr. Umaru Dikko by nku5: 9:18pm On Nov 06, 2012
ilugunboy: If the comments of most Igbo posters on Nairaland is any measure and gauge of the feeling and outlook of the average Igbo person...then I say it emphatically that Political power at the center in the hands of an Igbo man is dangerous...he will either use it to achieve one or both of two things:

1. Correct perceived injustice arising from the Civil war.

2. Dismember Nigeria as we know it today.

Both of these can lead to serious blood letting.

What does the article have to do with your post? That's what I call confidently ignorant
Re: Buhari's Coup Was To Prevent Ekwueme From Succeeding Shagari. - Dr. Umaru Dikko by Nobody: 10:22pm On Nov 06, 2012
At times I look at comments from folks like @dayokanu and @Katsumoto ( whose opinions I respect a lot) and their " attempts" to logically engage obvious semi-illiterates and loonies and I start to worry about the overall mental state of Nigerians as a whole.

Good luck trying to make an obvious bigot think rationally.
Re: Buhari's Coup Was To Prevent Ekwueme From Succeeding Shagari. - Dr. Umaru Dikko by bashr8: 1:28am On Nov 07, 2012
ilugunboy: If the comments of most Igbo posters on Nairaland is any measure and gauge of the feeling and outlook of the average Igbo person...then I say it emphatically that Political power at the center in the hands of an Igbo man is dangerous...he will either use it to achieve one or both of two things:

1. Correct perceived injustice arising from the Civil war.

2. Dismember Nigeria as we know it today.

Both of these can lead to serious blood letting.
something is wrong with the yoruba tribe i swear, cure yourself before you drink poison like awolowo due to bitterness. not one single northerner have come out to oppose this, not even that goat aljharem but yoruba most run their mouth , hopless human beings.
Re: Buhari's Coup Was To Prevent Ekwueme From Succeeding Shagari. - Dr. Umaru Dikko by bashr8: 1:29am On Nov 07, 2012
thelastPope: I will keep posting that Buhari was one of the worst things to happen to Nigeria no matter what some eediots say on this forum. His anti corruption trash talk is exactly that; trash talk!
yea and he will never be president, he will cry again come 2015
Re: Buhari's Coup Was To Prevent Ekwueme From Succeeding Shagari. - Dr. Umaru Dikko by bashr8: 1:31am On Nov 07, 2012
ilugunboy:

grin grin grin grin.......because what I wrote there is the un-written reasons why you and you ilk will never be President by default of your name.

You can keep abusing, cursing me and kicking your legs in the air...it changes nothing. That is the truth. You are a second class Nigerian...your thoughtless war made you one!
so becuase the north dashed obasanjo presidency you now have mouth to talk? wonder shall never end , you will remain slaves to the north otherwise lets see you win presidency on your own , remeber abiola ,awolowo ,obj first tenure. your slave masters will never make that mistake again.and we know you cant get there on your own ewu

1 Like

Re: Buhari's Coup Was To Prevent Ekwueme From Succeeding Shagari. - Dr. Umaru Dikko by bashr8: 1:32am On Nov 07, 2012
9ja voice:

my brother pls be objective for once. what do we want from Nigeria if not progress. but if that refuse to happen because tribalism here and there,
why not dismember it so that we all shall live separatly in peace.

the man ekwueme has proven to be wiser than his peers. infact the wisest in today Nigeria politics.
Ekwueme's analysis of Nigeria situation and strategy for development to all region is superb.
your very funny , telling a yoruba man to be objective. you be learner ?
Re: Buhari's Coup Was To Prevent Ekwueme From Succeeding Shagari. - Dr. Umaru Dikko by bashr8: 1:34am On Nov 07, 2012
ilugunboy:

Welll...like i keep telling you, you are a person if you still can't read the handwriting on the wall....mene-mene Tekel Uphrasin...read negro!

Hausas can't stand you...the Yorubas detest you! You can't get the Presidency in this Nigeriaghansitan (whatever that means to you) without the support of either.

Let the insult continues....it changes nothing like I said. I repeat, in the scheme of Nigeria political system...you are second class.

person! cheesy cheesy grin grin
lets see you ever smell presidency again. anyway yorubas are irrelevant in nigeria politics and will remain like that so i dont even see why i should argue with you.
Re: Buhari's Coup Was To Prevent Ekwueme From Succeeding Shagari. - Dr. Umaru Dikko by Nobody: 11:42am On Nov 07, 2012
bashr8: lets see you ever smell presidency again. anyway yorubas are irrelevant in nigeria politics and will remain like that so i dont even see why i should argue with you.

Haaaaahhhaa.. grin grin. you are really a dumbarsee I was conceding a little IQ to you initially on this forum...but I stopped responding to your jibes long ago.

You are such a confused fellow...!

My last response to you on Nairaland because it's obviously worthless having you here. cool

(1) (2) (Reply)

General Mohammadu Buhari Leads President Jonathan In New Poll / Ministerial List : See What The Vice President Tweeted / The Kind Of Developers We Yorubas Want In The SW - Labenese Edition

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 104
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.