Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,145 members, 7,818,434 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 03:43 PM

Share Your Experience As Regards Your Phones Purchased In SLOT? - Phones (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Share Your Experience As Regards Your Phones Purchased In SLOT? (21317 Views)

The Fraud In Slot Limited / Be Careful Of Your Phones And Phone Addiction, See Why / Switch Off Your Phones Before 12:30 - 3:30am Today, Its........ (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Share Your Experience As Regards Your Phones Purchased In SLOT? by vitality22(m): 3:57pm On Nov 06, 2012
eastman11:

Some people come to this forum to vomit all kind of rubbish just to settle personal scores or to run down people and their businesses. You have used a phone for a couple of weeks and wants them to change it to a new one without any proof that you bought it from them. Again some of us do not know how to use gadgets, some people give their phones to their children for them to play with hoping that Slot will give them new one once it's damaged.

Slot is the largest phone seller in this country and what made them big is because they sell genuine products. In the past 2yrs i have bought about 10 smart phone from them mostly as gift to others and for my personal use and i have no complain. If a phone worked properly for one month before having issues then look inwards you may have misused the phone and caused the fault.

No de come hia de yan trash.
I guess you are a staff of SLOT. I bought a samsung Galaxy note from them and within 3 weeks, the smartphone went blank and you are here talking thrash. Let me not pour the anger of that phone on you. They told me of repairs and i told them outrightly NO. They had to give me a new one.
As far as am concerned that company called SLOT are living on PAST GLORY.
Re: Share Your Experience As Regards Your Phones Purchased In SLOT? by Nobody: 4:01pm On Nov 06, 2012
I believe that some people don't know how to use phones. I bought my BB Curve 3 at SLOT Ota,Ogun since April,its still as good as new aprt from the track pad that is a bit scratched due to usage. I don't know about the SLOT factor but the phone I bought there is still neat and functional
Re: Share Your Experience As Regards Your Phones Purchased In SLOT? by bodeface: 4:03pm On Nov 06, 2012
We need to all join hand to condem what is BAD, how can you buy a phone within one month and the phone develop fault and the company that sold the phone refuse to attend to repair the phone or replace the phone?

This sort of thing only happens in Nigeria because we have never agreed on calling what is BAD as BAD as some of the comment I have seen above are trying to reinforce the bad response the poster has got from slot, I have my own experience with slot which is better managed than his.

However, I think we all need to get our priority right in this country only then could there be improvement in this country we can not fight corruption when we catcha thief and some of us are saying how much did he steal are there not other stealing more than he does? This is the pathetic situation Nigeria has found herself.

Though years of bad leadership / governance may have cloud alot of people imagination, the earlier we begin to open our mind to best practices around the world and choose we deserve to be treated and do things the best way, the better for Nigeria and the earlier her recovery
Re: Share Your Experience As Regards Your Phones Purchased In SLOT? by bodeface: 4:03pm On Nov 06, 2012
We need to all join hand to condem what is BAD, how can you buy a phone within one month and the phone develop fault and the company that sold the phone refuse to attend to repair the phone or replace the phone?

This sort of thing only happens in Nigeria because we have never agreed on calling what is BAD as BAD as some of the comment I have seen above are trying to reinforce the bad response the poster has got from slot, I have my own experience with slot which is better managed than his.

However, I think we all need to get our priority right in this country only then could there be improvement in this country we can not fight corruption when we catcha thief and some of us are saying how much did he steal are there not other stealing more than he does? This is the pathetic situation Nigeria has found herself.

Though years of bad leadership / governance may have cloud alot of people imagination, the earlier we begin to open our mind to best practices around the world and choose we deserve to be treated and do things the best way, the better for Nigeria and the earlier her recovery
Re: Share Your Experience As Regards Your Phones Purchased In SLOT? by chucky234(m): 4:14pm On Nov 06, 2012
tumababa:

i dont get ur point. do u expect any shop to repair ur new phone for u without showing receipt dat u bought from them And wen u brought d receipt, didnt they attend to u? I really dont know any shop in NAIJA, dat will sell a fone to u and after a month (even a week sef), they will change it if theres a fault. the best they offer is to repair it for u or replace d faulty part. that's my own opinion ooo.
why in the world should a brand new phone develops fault(s) under one month? Why do you think they reduced their warranty to just one month,there is something evil going on in Slot.
Re: Share Your Experience As Regards Your Phones Purchased In SLOT? by oluwaseunla(m): 4:18pm On Nov 06, 2012
kabba7: Tried to buy an E7.00 Nokia @slot Murtalla road in Ilorin the guys there where insiting I pay #75,000 on Second thought I went to Fone mart along Taiwo road Ilorin where I was asked to pay #57,999 those slot peopple are really SLUTS.
Not trying to insinuate that U re not telling the truth, but are you sure that the two phones are exactly thesame & are both original. Just wondering because a 17k difference in price of thesame phone in thesame location seems a little wide to me. #thinking very hard#
Re: Share Your Experience As Regards Your Phones Purchased In SLOT? by chucky234(m): 4:19pm On Nov 06, 2012
I bought a Nokia C3 from slot Festac as a gift few months back,I was surprised when the phone started behaving very funny after one week,I sold off fast then add money to get another C3 from a shop in Ojo.
Re: Share Your Experience As Regards Your Phones Purchased In SLOT? by Femoje(m): 4:23pm On Nov 06, 2012
I knw where slot dey buy phones here in lagos, infact i work there, its a foreign company anyway. So with that i cn't buy phone frm slot, i prefer london used show glass phone at computer vil.
Re: Share Your Experience As Regards Your Phones Purchased In SLOT? by Phrankve1(m): 4:29pm On Nov 06, 2012
i bought a bold 5(white) from slot,used it for like 2-3 months and the phone wouldn't come on anymore. First i thought it was the battery,so i bought a new batt,still the phone wouldn't come up. I gave it to a guy that repairs phone,since i couldn't locate where the receipt was. The guy checked and told me that my phone has died,i was like PHONE DEY DIE shocked.

make i come sell am as scrab,dey dey tell me 5k(Phone wey i buy 95k) i just hang em for my wall,make i take dey remember the phone,instead i go sell em 5k.

But really it seems their madness just started,cos most of the phone i have used has been from them,didn't have any reason to complain until the bold 5 experience.
Re: Share Your Experience As Regards Your Phones Purchased In SLOT? by Nobody: 4:33pm On Nov 06, 2012
30th to comments - I bought an iphone4s there SLOT Ikeja last year. It was brand new, and no issues whatsoever. ;
Re: Share Your Experience As Regards Your Phones Purchased In SLOT? by redcliff: 4:37pm On Nov 06, 2012
okpara ugo:

Are u sharing testimony or you got high on something

i wonder my bro or sister whoever you are.. Men that slot eh, there are just good for nothing really.. and i dont know why ladies fall for their packaging..Their main customers are ladies.. i wonder if when they were starting out they did jazz fr any lady who crosses their domain.. I was begging my sister to chill that i would help her source out a Very brand new Blackberry 9900 phone but no she carried her big head and went to slot to get one and it became faulty in less than 3days and she went back to change it. not only are they good for nothing they are totally expensive and they claim they have warranties on their items but that a big lie. if You buy from them and you go back with a problem even that same day, they would deny you.

nd here is what i think the problem is. they buy cheap phones from dubai and china cos they are relatively cheaper for them because they are also in high demand due to the fact tha Nigerians dont want to pay for quality. they feel its too expensive and they cant afford it. Truly, really, they cant afford it because the economy is bad and these sub standard phones have flooded the market so much that it has overshadowed the original ones. Infact, there is no original product in the market anymore due to china's influx into our market.... Men this my talk is heading somwhere else.. lemme stop here before i enter another topic [size=30pt]USELE-SS PIPU[/size]
Re: Share Your Experience As Regards Your Phones Purchased In SLOT? by fijiano202(m): 4:46pm On Nov 06, 2012
eastman11:

Some people come to this forum to vomit all kind of rubbish just to settle personal scores or to run down people and their businesses. You have used a phone for a couple of weeks and wants them to change it to a new one without any proof that you bought it from them. Again some of us do not know how to use gadgets, some people give their phones to their children for them to play with hoping that Slot will give them new one once it's damaged.

Slot is the largest phone seller in this country and what made them big is because they sell genuine products. In the past 2yrs i have bought about 10 smart phone from them mostly as gift to others and for my personal use and i have no complain. If a phone worked properly for one month before having issues then look inwards you may have misused the phone and caused the fault.

ur sick,everyone is entitled to his/her opinion
Re: Share Your Experience As Regards Your Phones Purchased In SLOT? by ziccoit: 5:03pm On Nov 06, 2012
SLOT is having a free day because nobody is freely protecting the consumers' interest in this country.

You go through a lot when you want to have what is naturally, rightly, freely and legally yours. That is why those that are doing nothing are making it big nowadays.

In a sane country, SLOT would have gone into bankruptcy for breaching of contractual agreements.

@Op, if you have some amount you can freely use, just go hire a good lawyer to notify them of impending sledge hammer that would befall them if they fail to do the right thing within a stipulated time. Go to court and have them pay more than they bargain for.

We need to start driving some senses into these fraudster brains.
Re: Share Your Experience As Regards Your Phones Purchased In SLOT? by page9(m): 5:16pm On Nov 06, 2012
Hmmmm
Different strokes for different folks
Both groups are right. The manufacturers know that it is not possible to have 100% fault-free phones or any electronic gadget, hence they offer warranties to cater for the faulty ones.
I have bought quiet a lot of phones from both Slot and Affordables and none to date has developed fault of any kind. But I also have very close friends who have had very bitter experiences with Slot in particular perhaps because they are in the public glare.

My worry is that most companies tend to take their customers for granted once they begin to have high patronage. I am also aware that some of these companies staff perpetuate lots of fraudulent activities using the companies' platform.

I know some of them have been sacked in the past but some are still there.

Whatever the problem a customet may have, the after sales service is critical. Even if you are unable to satisfy the customer 100%, your disposition as a company through your staff (representative) who are usually hostile once a customer comes with complaints lives bad taste in the mouth.

If Nkemika had been given a fair treatment,, he may not have brought the issue here.

It is in the interest of companies regardless of any industry , to remember that the true boss is the customer who can make life miserable for the management and staff simply by spending their money elsewhere
Re: Share Your Experience As Regards Your Phones Purchased In SLOT? by Nobody: 5:23pm On Nov 06, 2012
Pls guys, is there really a 'secret UK site' that sell very cheap phones, tablets, laptops etc?
Re: Share Your Experience As Regards Your Phones Purchased In SLOT? by dartsidius7(m): 5:24pm On Nov 06, 2012
dasdexter: guys its not only slot, game as well @ shoprite lekkki dose guys are damn bastards, me & me sis bought an lg touchscreen hometheatre 2month afta d damn speakers stopped workin its jst too annoyin dat outlet we think are trustworthy is jst worst dan dose dudes in comp ville bastard slot & game

Bought a car deck from a LG shop at opebi. The bluetooth connection was not working. they checked it and changed it. it could have been an issue from LG themselves.
Re: Share Your Experience As Regards Your Phones Purchased In SLOT? by dartsidius7(m): 5:27pm On Nov 06, 2012
Mad Cow:

I recieved an Ipad for Christmas from a Nigerian Shop, 3 days later, a line appeared on the screen.. I asked the person who bought me the gift to please give me the reciept so I can return it for a new one..

The Shop simply refused to replace or even repair it.. I simply left the Ipad on the counter and walked away!!

Since then, I dont buy any electronic in Nigeria.. Straight from the UK, Shipped to me and comes with extended warranty..

cheesy cheesy cheesy.... you left the Ipad on the counter. nasty.
Re: Share Your Experience As Regards Your Phones Purchased In SLOT? by dartsidius7(m): 5:32pm On Nov 06, 2012
bought a bad bold 4 from slot once, lasted 4 months. fixed it and sold it cheap.
Re: Share Your Experience As Regards Your Phones Purchased In SLOT? by Nobody: 5:47pm On Nov 06, 2012
Bash Me: Dis Madness has got to stop... Mumu jes full here wey dey find to comment first
LMAO, first it was those that we don't speak off i.e the G-Crew, now this gang of 1st to comments.. grin grin
Re: Share Your Experience As Regards Your Phones Purchased In SLOT? by alphonsok: 5:52pm On Nov 06, 2012
eastman11, u re a big liar.m also a victim of substandard phone bng sold by slot.they v arrangement wit nokia 2 repair any phone frm deir place
Re: Share Your Experience As Regards Your Phones Purchased In SLOT? by Nobody: 6:05pm On Nov 06, 2012
Nkemika: Is it just me or does it mean that our very own \slot have lost their glorified image of delivering quality phones.

I am beginning to think that their phones never last, or whether they re-package phones from the road side to sell. Base on personal experience after purchasing a brand new phone barely one month, it suddenly packed up. At first, i thought it was a joke maybe the battery went flat, i could not believe my eyes, i decided to take the phone to their island branch but without the receipt i was not attended to. Finally, i was advised to take it to ikeja since ikeja was their service center, tro and fro i spent all my money trying to get to the bottom of the matter, customer care not helpful, people were strolling in and out with one complaint or the other about purchasing either new phones or computers and having same power issue, here i was thinking that the best place to purchase good quality phones was slot or does it mean that those who buy the second hand phones are on a safer side because, it was barely one month, though they claimed it has only one month warranty and it was easier for them to push me at a corner since i could not find my receipt. Despite tight schedule at work i still managed to give one excuse or the other, island to ikeja trying to know how far with phone that have been in their custody for two weeks, only to be told it was a bud issue and would be fixed instead of replaced entirely,

i do not mind fixing the phone if it had stayed with me 3 month or 6 months but for a phone barely one month, i was just disappointed sha, i was told to find the receipt that alone would make things easier, as i prayed silently to God in my heart and got lucky, i later found where i kept the receipt, only to be given another receipt that, it was not a factory fault and the bud will be replaced. nawa sha, I leave the matter to them and God, only God knows if this is a new way to defraud someone as i no get power to fight like mad person.

So share your own view, any bad experience as regards newly purchased phones or items? sad

o my gush, i thank u for this thread. infact i have just returned my N8 of less than 2weeks to them and i'm to go back for a replacement.i noticed if i charge the phone fully b4 i could say jack robinson the battery is completely down. fellow nlders this is no joke.i can say categorically that slot is selling fake phones these days, so peeps be wise.
Re: Share Your Experience As Regards Your Phones Purchased In SLOT? by enigmadania(f): 6:06pm On Nov 06, 2012
tumababa:

i dont get ur point. do u expect any shop to repair ur new phone for u without showing receipt dat u bought from them And wen u brought d receipt, didnt they attend to u? I really dont know any shop in NAIJA, dat will sell a fone to u and after a month (even a week sef), they will change it if theres a fault. the best they offer is to repair it for u or replace d faulty part. that's my own opinion ooo.
Lie! I bought phone frm a dealer waznt ok wif it afta a week I took it back to dem...they collected it,gave me another buh stil dint lyk it so I asked for a particular make of it. The seller dint have it,so we finally resolved it by him selling d one I returned and he refunded back my money...SHIKENA
SLOT I guess it has lost its glory,living on past glory!!!
Most pple I knw have one complaints or d oda afta purchase
Re: Share Your Experience As Regards Your Phones Purchased In SLOT? by Nobody: 6:08pm On Nov 06, 2012
Teci: Pls guys, is there really a 'secret UK site' that sell very cheap phones, tablets, laptops etc?
try eBay.co.uk but you will hardly see any seller that would send stuff to Africa or eastern Europe except the Chinese and Hong Kong guys.
Femoje: I knw where slot dey buy phones here in lagos, infact i work there, its a foreign company anyway. So with that i cn't buy phone frm slot, i prefer london used show glass phone at computer vil.
probably a Lebanese or Indian company. Ripping people off, no wonder they are taking over VI little by little, soon vi would be new Delhi.
Re: Share Your Experience As Regards Your Phones Purchased In SLOT? by Mustay(m): 6:17pm On Nov 06, 2012
ziccoit: SLOT is having a free day because nobody is freely protecting the consumers' interest in this country.

Are Nigerians even aware of the CPC?

And those who are aware, how many use the CPC's services
Re: Share Your Experience As Regards Your Phones Purchased In SLOT? by stefanu(m): 6:20pm On Nov 06, 2012
You guys can condemn SLOT from now till eternity. I will recommend them 5X if asked once about where to get original phones in Nigeria.
For those complaining about their phones being expensive, I will respond by saying there is always a premium for peace of mind.
I got my Nokia N8 from there in 2010 and i got it damaged (liquid-damaged for that matter) 2 months after. I activated the warranty i got from slot, my phone panel was changed (like changing the entire phone, those who know N8 will understand what I am saying), retaining only the screen.
You guys should try and settle your beef with SLOT by another means. If they are as bas as you are making it sound they won't be opening more outlets at every opportunity.
Has there been a day you were in SLOT without the place being filled up? That is called brand
Re: Share Your Experience As Regards Your Phones Purchased In SLOT? by kpolli(m): 6:28pm On Nov 06, 2012
Like every good Nigerian business. . . They have gotten a name, now to do crap
Re: Share Your Experience As Regards Your Phones Purchased In SLOT? by Suntemi(m): 6:47pm On Nov 06, 2012
Mustay:

Are Nigerians even aware of the CPC?

And those who are aware, how many use the CPC's services

CPC Na political party in Nigeria.
Re: Share Your Experience As Regards Your Phones Purchased In SLOT? by Mustay(m): 6:59pm On Nov 06, 2012
Consumer Protection Council
Re: Share Your Experience As Regards Your Phones Purchased In SLOT? by Suntemi(m): 7:07pm On Nov 06, 2012
Mustay: Consumer Protection Council

Lol. I know, just kidding.
Re: Share Your Experience As Regards Your Phones Purchased In SLOT? by Nobody: 7:13pm On Nov 06, 2012
i'v worked with company not slot but was more standards than slot. We re packed phone specially blackberry phone. Do all the sealing and show it as new phone. Yes girls are easy to convince and used as the obey cheap word. I do all this until i thought its time i leave as i know God not forgiving me what i do for them. We could buy phone from uk very cheap and spend 5k each on buying all the assessory for each and sell it as new. Thats why i don't use blackberry coz you cannot get original unless you buy online from ebay. Truth is i'v repented leave the company.
Re: Share Your Experience As Regards Your Phones Purchased In SLOT? by Nobody: 7:43pm On Nov 06, 2012
Nothingh do slot phone joor
Re: Share Your Experience As Regards Your Phones Purchased In SLOT? by quin9(f): 7:48pm On Nov 06, 2012
eastman11:

Sharrap dia,na wetin she knw she talk so.My room mate bought a brand new torch 2 4rm Slot,2days lata the phone stopped working at 1st we thought it was d battery,she took it to them they referred her to Ikeja,where ther told her they will repair it(unbelievable)they kept the phone for 3wks same thing with a friend's Laptop too!
Go there and see 4 urself the number of complains,people shouting and complaining,Yes they USED to be the best,but not anymore,Nigerians knw how to make the name but lack what it takes to keep it.**gbam**

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Tecno Phantom A2 And A+: Which Is Better? / The Extinction Of Phone Call Centers In Nigeria .. / Infinix Zero 5G: Infinix Releases Its First 5G Phone Into Nigerian Market

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.