Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,425 members, 7,819,544 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 05:50 PM

Share Your Experience As Regards Your Phones Purchased In SLOT? - Phones (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Share Your Experience As Regards Your Phones Purchased In SLOT? (21320 Views)

The Fraud In Slot Limited / Be Careful Of Your Phones And Phone Addiction, See Why / Switch Off Your Phones Before 12:30 - 3:30am Today, Its........ (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Share Your Experience As Regards Your Phones Purchased In SLOT? by kollybay4u: 2:39pm On Nov 06, 2012
I think they ar still Slot reliable compare to the competitors 'Yibomade'. I bought a phone there Nokia E5 since last year december like 10months ago now and the phone is still working smartly. Anyway that may be true that the one you bought have fault, but phone is an electronic not human being.
Re: Share Your Experience As Regards Your Phones Purchased In SLOT? by Nkemika(f): 2:39pm On Nov 06, 2012
tumababa:

i dont get ur point. do u expect any shop to repair ur new phone for u without showing receipt dat u bought from them And wen u brought d receipt, didnt they attend to u? I really dont know any shop in NAIJA, dat will sell a fone to u and after a month (even a week sef), they will change it if theres a fault. the best they offer is to repair it for u or replace d faulty part. that's my own opinion ooo.

you should read well before talking heheheheh, slot phones are usually programmed in a way that even without receipt you can find out the date of purchase through the imei or so which they did, are u saying a phone of 86k just be ignored simply cuz of a receipt which i could not find and after i found the receipt, i was still not treated well, well it happened to me so i can express myself and my disappointment alright sad it high time we know which is which, besides it is much easier for them to return to the factory afterall, it wasnt just me complaining, i met an angry fellow who almost called in guys to beat up someone who was rude to him...............i prefer brand new phone, nothing as beautiful as you making use of new electronics anyway, so it is painful for it to go blanked just like that, after presenting the receipt, story change from replacing to fixing.....how do u feel, repairing a phone that is barely one month huh when no be second hand, smh

2 Likes

Re: Share Your Experience As Regards Your Phones Purchased In SLOT? by Suntemi(m): 2:39pm On Nov 06, 2012
I had similar experience with Affordables, a customer needed a brand new iPhone 4 32Gb, I didn't have, so went straight together to Affordables to get him one, On getting there, I was given a phone that is sealed and the pack which is sealed is a little dirty. This seems weird. And I decided to look up the imei on the pack on the internet, the result shows that the phone is locked. I made a complain immediately and I was told it wasn't locked. Ok, after series of argument, they told me they are going to open the phone so as to be sure the iPhone wasn't locked. To my surprise the iPhone was actually unlocked.

I was so confused so they told me it's because I knew little about iPhones. I couldn't even say a word because that isn't the first time I will be looking up an IMEI online to confirm if it's locked or not. As I couldn't agree with them that I don't know about iPhones, I decided to check the IMEI on the phone and compare it with the one on the pack. To my surprise, they are different. The phone was actually a refurbished iPhone and was advertised as Brand new. That day I was like, what if I have gone home with this phone and later have an issue with the phone. They will claim the phone is not theirs as the imei on the receipt will be different from the one on the device itself. But my customer who couldn't wait to have a brand Apple device decided to take the iPhone like that.

twoondei: From experience, I know SLOT seLls the best quality fones & their customer service, though not excellent, is still the best amomng their peers. I've bought several phones for myself & others & the worst place to buy a fone in computer village is "affordables". They package stolen phones as new ones + fake accessories. You get a price cut though but someone from somwhere pings you after 2 days saying the phone was stolen.
Several experiences. I just hope someone takes them up someday.

1 Like

Re: Share Your Experience As Regards Your Phones Purchased In SLOT? by beckoo007: 2:40pm On Nov 06, 2012
Bought a bold 2 battery @ slot on august 9 for 6k, a month latter it started giving problem...I've to boost with a desktop charger b4 I can charge wit a normal charger ..its a shame..a name known for quality has so degenerated into a level of normal road side phone seller..
Re: Share Your Experience As Regards Your Phones Purchased In SLOT? by Revolva(m): 2:41pm On Nov 06, 2012
From personal experience slot fones are refurbished fones repackaged and rebranded as new one put on display - my friend bought a bold 5 new for 85k febraury and the phone just stopped powering it went off completely without any fault upon as how the guy dey take pamper the fone like egg - we took it back june ending with the reciept and they soaked the engine in a chemical for a week on the condition if its power on we gonna pay 15k but if it did not we have to change the panel which cost 45k I shout ___ what!!!!! Till date that fone still dey the guy house like a prize won kept in a locker hahah 85k burn like that and upon that all the customers I saw in the repair room were all complainin of one fault or the other - I prefer uk used phones gbam
Re: Share Your Experience As Regards Your Phones Purchased In SLOT? by abhosts(m): 2:41pm On Nov 06, 2012
I don't think they are any different from other phone outlets; they simply sell whatever they are given by the respective phone Makers.
Re: Share Your Experience As Regards Your Phones Purchased In SLOT? by Nobody: 2:42pm On Nov 06, 2012
Jolaone: I bought a Nokia phone from slot, got home and charged it fully. Meanwhile i was convinced by one of the members of staff that i should install anti-virus and in the process of installation , the battery that came with my phone was changed. Now i cannot use the phone for 2days without having to charge it.

Do you play games and chat online There are phones with only 5hours battery life.
Re: Share Your Experience As Regards Your Phones Purchased In SLOT? by Nobody: 2:45pm On Nov 06, 2012
It is well known that some phones may have factory fault but in this case I expect that Slot should be able to change it for them promptly.

But I seriously believe that Slot should really improve about their customer care and the authenticity of their products.

Or else...
Re: Share Your Experience As Regards Your Phones Purchased In SLOT? by AmenJoan(f): 2:50pm On Nov 06, 2012
I got 2 pieces of bold 6 frm slot abt 3months ago. First I was shocked they now have just one month warranty. Then after purchase, the salesman asked me to update d os to 7.1, I agreed, until he told me it'll cost 6k for both phones. To say I was dumbfounded is an understatement. After buying phones worth almost 150k, he still wanted more for sth I cud either do for free or cross d rd & give those tech guys 1k. Very bad customer service

2 Likes

Re: Share Your Experience As Regards Your Phones Purchased In SLOT? by OrangeHokage(m): 2:50pm On Nov 06, 2012
Tru, ma sis and i was out slot yesterday to check out there new line of nokia fones (lumia 800 and 610), then a woman walked in and started to para that d new bold 5 she got has packed up every1 was so surprised, u̶̲̥̅̊ need to see d way people started walking out...

1 Like

Re: Share Your Experience As Regards Your Phones Purchased In SLOT? by Nkemika(f): 2:51pm On Nov 06, 2012
eastman11:

Some people come to this forum to vomit all kind of rubbish just to settle personal scores or to run down people and their businesses. You have used a phone for a couple of weeks and wants them to change it to a new one without any proof that you bought it from them. Again some of us do not know how to use gadgets, some people give their phones to their children for them to play with hoping that Slot will give them new one once it's damaged.

Slot is the largest phone seller in this country and what made them big is because they sell genuine products. In the past 2yrs i have bought about 10 smart phone from them mostly as gift to others and for my personal use and i have no complain. If a phone worked properly for one month before having issues then look inwards you may have misused the phone and caused the fault.

No de come hia de yan trash.

say wat u know, than coming here saying trash, well i appreciate your view till you encounter something, you are allowed to talk nonsense, meanwhile no one is asking for a new one, what makes the phone to get bad in the first instance if it is not a faulty phone that was sold, abi u think everyone pick money from gutter abi, well they might be the biggest seller or buyer based on past glory but dnt forget that it can take a man many years to get there but a day to drop down so beware of how you treat people and consistency as well as integrity is needed in business to maintain standard...for your own information, the user of the phone is someone who can boast of being careful to a fault that she is possibly termed perfect and no how she would had dropped the phone carelessly and still come out here to complain, well if its a general thing then i will know what to do!
Re: Share Your Experience As Regards Your Phones Purchased In SLOT? by Nobody: 2:52pm On Nov 06, 2012
eastman11:

Some people come to this forum to vomit all kind of rubbish just to settle personal scores or to run down people and their businesses. You have used a phone for a couple of weeks and wants them to change it to a new one without any proof that you bought it from them. Again some of us do not know how to use gadgets, some people give their phones to their children for them to play with hoping that Slot will give them new one once it's damaged.

Slot is the largest phone seller in this country and what made them big is because they sell genuine products. In the past 2yrs i have bought about 10 smart phone from them mostly as gift to others and for my personal use and i have no complain. If a phone worked properly for one month before having issues then look inwards you may have misused the phone and caused the fault.

I saw this post at first without the intention of commenting, this is my third visit to this thread and after reading your comment I am forced to say this, first the op did nothing wrong and you have no right to go after him. Please this is 21st century SLOT or whatever they call "themselves"
should have a record of their product, as simple as a abc with the product code or IME number they could look up the receipt on their system (that is if they have a up to system). The op has every right to ask for a swap, you made mention of people not knowing how to use a phone, no sane person every buys a phone with their hard earned money and go about being careless with it, in a bid to ask for swap thereafter. Thirdly, for your info SLOT is robbing its customer, standard practise, phones have more than six months guarantees giving someone a month is just a ploy to cheat them or "remove" the burden of replacing the "wacked" phones they sell to people. Please kindly apologies to the ops or "u phone go spoil"... grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Share Your Experience As Regards Your Phones Purchased In SLOT? by Nkemika(f): 2:56pm On Nov 06, 2012
Amen Joan: I got 2 pieces of bold 6 frm slot abt 3months ago. First I was shocked they now have just one month warranty. Then after purchase, the salesman asked me to update d os to 7.1, I agreed, until he told me it'll cost 6k for both phones. To say I was dumbfounded is an understatement. After buying phones worth almost 150k, he still wanted more for sth I cud either do for free or cross d rd & give those tech guys 1k. Very bad customer service

it is possible they have now realize that their phones do not last more than one month(due to series of complaint), that is why they re-structure it to one month warranty. I leave them to God to judge oh.
Re: Share Your Experience As Regards Your Phones Purchased In SLOT? by Nobody: 3:00pm On Nov 06, 2012
eastman11:

Why did u get so defensive? Are you a Slot worker in disguise?
Well, personally, my experience with them is a bad one. Bought a new Nokia C5-00 from their office in Abeokuta, only for it to get faulty after using it for some months. Still within its warranty period, I took the phone to their office. After inspecting it, their staff confirmed it was a factory defect. I was told to check back, which I did repeatedly for about six weeks but nothing happened. I was told all sorts of stories, then I got tired. I checked online if the phone has its warranty in Nigeria, only to get the shock of my life that the phone has none because it was sold to Mauritius, not Nigeria, hence Nokia could not be held responsible for the fault reported. Though Slot did repair the phone after about three months, but the problem still persists. My grudge with Slot is, why would they sell a phone not meant to be sold in Nigeria but another country? Of what benefit is it? These and many other questions I asked their manager but no reasonable answer was provided. To me, they bleeped up big time.

1 Like

Re: Share Your Experience As Regards Your Phones Purchased In SLOT? by otokx(m): 3:00pm On Nov 06, 2012
noted, buyer beware.
Re: Share Your Experience As Regards Your Phones Purchased In SLOT? by Nkemika(f): 3:01pm On Nov 06, 2012
kollybay4u: I think they ar still Slot reliable compare to the competitors 'Yibomade'. I bought a phone there Nokia E5 since last year december like 10months ago now and the phone is still working smartly. Anyway that may be true that the one you bought have fault, but phone is an electronic not human being.

i really do not care about competitors,it is a wake up call to them, i just believe that watever is worth doing, is worth doing well, and if they have made name, they should just maintain that standard or improve by the day rather than exploit their customers because you feel you have made name for yourself........a friend wanted to purchase uk phone for me and i was like, shei its phone na and slot is here, and this is what i get in the process and people expect me to keep calm, mtshewwww
Re: Share Your Experience As Regards Your Phones Purchased In SLOT? by RecruitmentMgr: 3:03pm On Nov 06, 2012
I have bought at least 4 phones from SLOT. They all served me well and my 2 current phones are from them as well.
Re: Share Your Experience As Regards Your Phones Purchased In SLOT? by paranoiapill: 3:07pm On Nov 06, 2012
[size=14pt]
I bought a Blackberry Bold 5 from SLOT Abuja since November 2011, its still working perfectly. I've also bought a couple of smaller phones from them, no problems so far.

I think they're good. They may be a little overwhelmed by customers - always a problem for any good business in Nigeria that actually works well - ask GTB!!!

If anything their successes should be acknowledged. I dont know why we're always in a rush to higlight the 1% bad and ignore the 99% good in anything. NAIJA FACTOR!!![/size]
Re: Share Your Experience As Regards Your Phones Purchased In SLOT? by Nobody: 3:14pm On Nov 06, 2012
Maybe your experience is a valid one but i really doubt itz true. Sounds more like a smear campaign against Slot.
I find your case very curious because Slot actually sells original phones. All the 6 phones iv used since 2008 hv been purchased at Slot and nothing has happened to them. Most times i give them away when i want a new phone becuse they jst dont die.
Re: Share Your Experience As Regards Your Phones Purchased In SLOT? by polipompom: 3:18pm On Nov 06, 2012
I guess SLOT is jst living on past glory. D Nigerian factor hs infected deir biz. I got an Asha 200 on d 20th of June '12, in Aug (2 mnths l8r) I couldn't browse wit d in built internet browser. Tnk God I alrdy downloaded operamini. In October (4 mnths l8r) I couldn't access my mail using d in built mail icon. Wen I click on eida d internet or mail icon, it jst remains numb, dsn't respond. So so annoying. I wouldn't disagree if sum1 says dey repackage used fones. God help us.
Re: Share Your Experience As Regards Your Phones Purchased In SLOT? by scholes23(m): 3:19pm On Nov 06, 2012
Meklex: 6th to comment. God u aRe so wondaful

SENSELESS MAGGOT
Re: Share Your Experience As Regards Your Phones Purchased In SLOT? by victord1st: 3:20pm On Nov 06, 2012
gbolex: I bought a Nokia E6 from Slot about 9months ago and the mouth piece has stopped working.

slot is not nokia,take it to nokiacare and stop the slander!
Re: Share Your Experience As Regards Your Phones Purchased In SLOT? by oluwaseunla(m): 3:24pm On Nov 06, 2012
Probably a case of different experiences. I buy all my phones from SLOT Ilorin. Never had any problems. And SLOT doesn't fix warranty periods. That's done by the manufacturer. I'm aware that it was RIM that reduced the warranty period of blackberry phones, not SLOT. Don't know about their customer service though, but so far, they've been great. Any phone I return during warranty period gets repaired for free. The only problem I think I have is their sales people trying to sell U different softwares at the smallest excuse and sometimes, those softwares end up not being genuine. But on a general note, I'll give them a pass mark
Re: Share Your Experience As Regards Your Phones Purchased In SLOT? by eikeem(m): 3:26pm On Nov 06, 2012
My experience with SLOT wasn't a pleasant one. I bought 3 phones (N82, C6 and N900) from the shop but none of them lasted more than 6 weeks. I was also billed for fixing the phones.
Re: Share Your Experience As Regards Your Phones Purchased In SLOT? by Jummymine(f): 3:27pm On Nov 06, 2012
Please folks,i want to order a tab from smartbuy what is your experience with them do they sell authentic stuff i wanted to buy one from slot before but i am scared with all these complaints i am reading
Re: Share Your Experience As Regards Your Phones Purchased In SLOT? by MadCow1: 3:31pm On Nov 06, 2012
tumababa:

i dont get ur point. do u expect any shop to repair ur new phone for u without showing receipt dat u bought from them And wen u brought d receipt, didnt they attend to u? I really dont know any shop in NAIJA, dat will sell a fone to u and after a month (even a week sef), they will change it if theres a fault. the best they offer is to repair it for u or replace d faulty part. that's my own opinion ooo.

I recieved an Ipad for Christmas from a Nigerian Shop, 3 days later, a line appeared on the screen.. I asked the person who bought me the gift to please give me the reciept so I can return it for a new one..

The Shop simply refused to replace or even repair it.. I simply left the Ipad on the counter and walked away!!

Since then, I dont buy any electronic in Nigeria.. Straight from the UK, Shipped to me and comes with extended warranty..
Re: Share Your Experience As Regards Your Phones Purchased In SLOT? by eastman11: 3:42pm On Nov 06, 2012
I branched at slot ikeja office (Medical road) some minutes ago to check out the galaxy 10.1 note, when i inquired about the warranty period they pointed to me where it is boldly written 2yrs warranty, i do not know about other products as i did not ask.
Re: Share Your Experience As Regards Your Phones Purchased In SLOT? by Image123(m): 3:42pm On Nov 06, 2012
Meklex: 6th to comment. God u aRe so wondaful
grin
priceless.
Thank God for your life ba?
Re: Share Your Experience As Regards Your Phones Purchased In SLOT? by kabba7(m): 3:44pm On Nov 06, 2012
Tried to buy an E7.00 Nokia @slot Murtalla road in Ilorin the guys there where insiting I pay #75,000 on Second thought I went to Fone mart along Taiwo road Ilorin where I was asked to pay #57,999 those slot peopple are really SLUTS.
Re: Share Your Experience As Regards Your Phones Purchased In SLOT? by kitombo: 3:45pm On Nov 06, 2012
Slot is begining to look like a big scam to me. I've bought 2 faulty phones from them alrady. The last was a samsung tab 7.0 that developed fault within 2 days of purchase as the battery only lasted a maximum of 2hrs. I took it back for replacement under the warranty terms but it was never effected. I was tossed up and down for almost 3 months. I lost hope when I gleaned through their register of faulty phones and saw a several phones on it. Of course the phone wasn't replaced.
Re: Share Your Experience As Regards Your Phones Purchased In SLOT? by dastudent(m): 3:49pm On Nov 06, 2012
I noticed that and even with their lacklustre website.

2 Likes

Re: Share Your Experience As Regards Your Phones Purchased In SLOT? by sheweezy(f): 3:54pm On Nov 06, 2012
I got my bold 2 there september last year, bought it in Abuja, wuse 11, have no problem with it up till now, still works and looks fine

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Tecno Phantom A2 And A+: Which Is Better? / The Extinction Of Phone Call Centers In Nigeria .. / How Can I Check For Easybuy Scam When buying Used Phone?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.