Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,763 members, 7,824,196 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 04:20 AM

Share Your Experience As Regards Your Phones Purchased In SLOT? - Phones (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Share Your Experience As Regards Your Phones Purchased In SLOT? (21332 Views)

The Fraud In Slot Limited / Be Careful Of Your Phones And Phone Addiction, See Why / Switch Off Your Phones Before 12:30 - 3:30am Today, Its........ (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Share Your Experience As Regards Your Phones Purchased In SLOT? by Nkemika(f): 10:53am On Nov 13, 2012
really at mustay, another phone abi with same body cover and my former pin packaging, how will u feel really to by-cut buying fairly used phone cuz of problems like these and after purchasing a brand new ones from almighty slot and be treated like trash and still given another packaged phone with another pin packaging, so right now if i make any claims or dare to sell the phone to another, will i sell it as Phone A whereas it carries receipt of Phone B, total mess and disappointment. Honestly speaking i feel cheated, if anyone like support them, it is my cool cash and i ve every right to express my disappointment. Even the manager at the branch that gave me his word to call me, didn't keep to his word(to think i believed him) the word trust and integrity: i do not joke with with but i bet, not everyone has got that, using me to play politics, Mr Patrick or whatever he was called....mstewwwwwwww
Re: Share Your Experience As Regards Your Phones Purchased In SLOT? by Nkemika(f): 11:17am On Nov 13, 2012
and if then it is an engine fault, could it be factory issue and if yes, y shld d customer suffer for factory issue and for the intelligent engineers in here, a brand new phone having engine issue that bad huh, yeah i gerrit!!!
Re: Share Your Experience As Regards Your Phones Purchased In SLOT? by firstonajobi: 4:28pm On Feb 19, 2013
I bought LG E405 phone from Slot and the software failed in less than 2 weeks of purchase.

Funny side is that Slot said software failure is not covered by their guarantee.

I will advise people stay away from this phone.
Re: Share Your Experience As Regards Your Phones Purchased In SLOT? by henryskywalker2003(m): 9:23am On Feb 20, 2013
eastman11:

Some people come to this forum to vomit all kind of rubbish just to settle personal scores or to run down people and their businesses. You have used a phone for a couple of weeks and wants them to change it to a new one without any proof that you bought it from them. Again some of us do not know how to use gadgets, some people give their phones to their children for them to play with hoping that Slot will give them new one once it's damaged.

Slot is the largest phone seller in this country and what made them big is because they sell genuine products. In the past 2yrs i have bought about 10 smart phone from them mostly as gift to others and for my personal use and i have no complain. If a phone worked properly for one month before having issues then look inwards you may have misused the phone and caused the fault.

No de come hia de yan trash.

Dude, u are either a big ode or u are a slot employee. Check blackberry website and they tell u that slot is one of their authorised dealers and repair centres and any phone bought from them has a 1year warranty that covers a variety of issues free of charge. So, how can you cum here and tell me that when a few weeks old phone starts having issues that the person shouldn't seek redress. The fact is that it's true that she didn't go there with a receipt but the truth is that it is not needed because they are an authorised service centre. All they needed to do was to check if it was still within the warranty and fix it as a service centre and not as the retailer because she didn't produce the receipt. My Nokia Dstv mobile phone was a gift and came wit no receipt. The phone fell down one day and the lock button got damaged. I took it to Nokia care at V.I. and it was fixed free of charge without being asked for a receipt or any rubbish like that.

@OP, The truth is that it's common knowledge within computer village that slot do sell refurbished and used phones as brand new. I usually advice people that they should always go with friends that are quite knowlegable on how to spot the differences in the two. When u buy a new phone next time, check to see if the imei written on the box corresponds with the one in the battery slot of the phone as well as the one inside the phone that u get buy dialing *#06#. Also check the life timer of the phone. There are different codes for different phones. Try and google the codes applicable to urs and check them when u buy and if suspect that it's not brand new, politely ask for the manager and when they refuse to attend to you, raise hell and make the people around know that you were being sold rubbish as brand new.
Re: Share Your Experience As Regards Your Phones Purchased In SLOT? by henryskywalker2003(m): 9:35am On Feb 20, 2013
oluwaseunla: Probably a case of different experiences. I buy all my phones from SLOT Ilorin. Never had any problems. And SLOT doesn't fix warranty periods. That's done by the manufacturer. I'm aware that it was RIM that reduced the warranty period of blackberry phones, not SLOT. Don't know about their customer service though, but so far, they've been great. Any phone I return during warranty period gets repaired for free. The only problem I think I have is their sales people trying to sell U different softwares at the smallest excuse and sometimes, those softwares end up not being genuine. But on a general note, I'll give them a pass mark

Dude, be sure before u spew trash, RIM hasn't reduced their warranty check their website. If they do, all the trade unions in the world will sue and fine their pants off.
Re: Share Your Experience As Regards Your Phones Purchased In SLOT? by walcolm(m): 10:44am On Feb 20, 2013
firstonajobi: I bought LG E405 phone from Slot and the software failed in less than 2 weeks of purchase.

Funny side is that Slot said software failure is not covered by their guarantee.

I will advise people stay away from this phone.

seriously dude, software fail (is there even anything like that?) cannot be SLOT's responsibility. at best they will help you re-install the OS if it had become corrupt for whatever reason but i don't think its a good enough reason for you to accuse SLOT of anything

Software running on any electronic device can develop a problem. the most common reason is the end user and a universal solution is just to re-install the problematic software. most times,it doesn't even require any serious expertise
Re: Share Your Experience As Regards Your Phones Purchased In SLOT? by samir101ng(m): 1:11am On Feb 24, 2013
I recently came across an advert by Slot on their website for those interested in pre-ordering the Balckberry Z10 device. The phone is retailing for N100,000 from the GSM operators but Slot is selling theirs for N98,000 with a deposit of N20,000 first. Has anybody pre-ordered yet and what was your experience ?! Coz am waiting to see who how Slot will handle those customers
Re: Share Your Experience As Regards Your Phones Purchased In SLOT? by Oniovolee: 10:06am On Feb 24, 2013
To say SLOT has recorded some great success in putting phones in the hands of Nigerians would be an understatement. SLOT has indeed made some remarkable achievements in the area of phone sales and distribution across the country. However, SLOT has given me a 2013 bitter pill that I'm finding so hard to swallow. I bought a BB Curve 9220 which on its own suddenly developed a screen problem exactly after one month one week of use. The screen all of a sudden started blinking nonstop as if some Ayamatangaa demonic forces came visiting. The number one suspicion I picked up was why the original phone carton looked so very old. Or was it a phone that was repaired and repackaged and then put up on sale? I'm still on the case so I don't have much details yet, I have given it back to them with a promise that they will call me back in seven days time. Till then, I remain phoneless, no thanks to them @Slot.
Re: Share Your Experience As Regards Your Phones Purchased In SLOT? by oluwaseunla(m): 9:51am On Mar 30, 2013
henryskywalker2003:

Dude, be sure before u spew trash, RIM hasn't reduced their warranty check their website. If they do, all the trade unions in the world will sue and fine their pants off.

Point noted, but then you just can't resist insulting other people can you? #smh#
Re: Share Your Experience As Regards Your Phones Purchased In SLOT? by henryskywalker2003(m): 10:59am On Mar 30, 2013
oluwaseunla:

Point noted, but then you just can't resist insulting other people can you? #smh#

And where, pray do tell, in my comment did I insult or wasn't that trash you spewed back then?
Re: Share Your Experience As Regards Your Phones Purchased In SLOT? by henryskywalker2003(m): 11:14am On Mar 30, 2013
This is for folks that tell us that blackberry reduced their warranty and not slot. I have attached a pdf that clearly states the warranty period of the devices and peripherals that come with them.

P.S. Never knew the battery has a warranty period as long as 3months.
Re: Share Your Experience As Regards Your Phones Purchased In SLOT? by henryskywalker2003(m): 1:34pm On Mar 30, 2013
Apparently, it seems that one cannot upload a pdf file here. In that case let me put up the link. Hope the spam bot doesn't block me for that.

[url]http://ng.blackberry.com/content/dam/blackBerry/pdf/legal/europeMiddleEastAfrica/english/12mth%20Warranty_Nigeria_English.pdf?iid=ng:bb:desktop:homepage:Jan2013:footer:Warranty[\url]
Re: Share Your Experience As Regards Your Phones Purchased In SLOT? by Nobody: 1:50pm On Apr 11, 2013
Well sometime last year, I purchased a Blackberry Porsche from Slot. The Saka Tinubu office to be precise. In less than a month the phone developed a network malfunction. I took it to slot and initially they gave me some crap about a faulty bluetooth IC, and I had to switch it off. But after doing that I couldn't get the damn phone to come on. I had to pop out the battery and then its the initial problem again. At some point the phone didn't even come on at all. My boss, the actual owner of the phone demanded an outright replacement, (and very well justified too - the krazy phone cost 350 grand shocked)
After 6 months of Royal Rumble and gazillions of back and forths they agreed to replace the phone but with an additional 100 grandundecided My boss agreed to it to my chagrin at which point I happily washed my hands off the phone. There are no prices for guessing what happened to that replacement.

Just recently I was caught again in the web of the Z10 frenzy. My boss asked me to get him a white Z10 which was only available at SLOT at the time. Reluctantly I purchased it and now barely a month after purchase the phone is dead. It just parked up. May I also mention that during that frenzied period I purchased a total of 14 Z10 phones. The white one was the only one I purchased from SLOT. All the others where bought directly from network operators. The SLOT Z10 is the only one of the whole LOT that has parked up. All the others are still functioning to the level at which the Nigerian Telecom setup can allow them.

Moral of the story: Something is awfully wrong and fishy about what SLOT puts in the market.
Re: Share Your Experience As Regards Your Phones Purchased In SLOT? by Hardfact: 12:18am On Apr 12, 2013
There's really no point explaining to the Thomases in the house, how the nokia phone I bought from SLUT back in the days fell short of my expectations, even before waranty expiry. One thing I'll always go to SLUT to do these days is maybe know the prices of phones and nothing more. Let em stick to their evil ways if they so wish, afterall they are in "business". Thread just confirmed I'm not alone afterall. I not fit shout!
Re: Share Your Experience As Regards Your Phones Purchased In SLOT? by Temi231(f): 4:42pm On Apr 16, 2013
lease fellas in the house, I bought Samsung GT-S5300 Pocket Galaxy from Slot but since the day, i got this phone, the battery has not lasted over eight hours. Now am planning to return the phone, and maybe they will give me another model by adding more money because am just tired of the phone and not getting value for my money. Please would they collect the phone back?
Re: Share Your Experience As Regards Your Phones Purchased In SLOT? by Temi231(f): 4:42pm On Apr 16, 2013
Please fellas in the house, I bought Samsung GT-S5300 Pocket Galaxy from Slot but since the day, i got this phone, the battery has not lasted over eight hours. Now am planning to return the phone, and maybe they will give me another model by adding more money because am just tired of the phone and not getting value for my money. Please would they collect the phone back?
Re: Share Your Experience As Regards Your Phones Purchased In SLOT? by kach91: 9:13am On Aug 06, 2014
Re: Share Your Experience As Regards Your Phones Purchased In SLOT? by pamyp(f): 8:57am On Feb 01, 2015
I bought an ace 3 from them and it started having problems a week after,SLOT are cheats,they sell fake phones.
Re: Share Your Experience As Regards Your Phones Purchased In SLOT? by tvreporter: 7:46am On Jun 23, 2015
slot Nigeria Latest Phone Price Blackberry Q10 (Black) is sold for N58,000, Blackberry Q10 (White) is sold for N48,000 http://www.techcules.com/slot-nigeria-latest-phone-price/
Re: Share Your Experience As Regards Your Phones Purchased In SLOT? by Tim4G: 1:48pm On Aug 26, 2016
i hate slot n wat dy are doing.... i bot my l5 in slot in the month of March nd it got bricked in july....i tot it only needed flashing only to find out later on dat i needed to change the panel, panel dat z 10k....imagine, i bot fone of 20k n i'll still spend 10k on it in less dan 5mntz......n i ddnt use d fone excessively, ddnt chat too much n ddnt evn like playing games on it due to the fact that i have a gaming system already.... well, unto lag tinz, i ave heard dat dy do swap some components in slot....i dnt know hw u ll differentiate d gud from d bad panel buh i tink y'all gotta know......Slot is full of shit....carlcare sef no wan hear say i just buy am
Re: Share Your Experience As Regards Your Phones Purchased In SLOT? by pantherx28: 4:32pm On Jun 27, 2022

Nice thread,it shud warn those who r yet to fall victim. Hia is my story; bought an iPad3 (64gb) from Slot on 20th Oct. 2012,dt is less dan 3 weeks ago. Got it for N130k (also bought a white Bold 6 same day),to my dismay abt a week after I discovered dt d iPad has bin pre-configured wit a username (chistanley85@yahoo.com) whose password I don't av,and so I av not bin able to update apps on d iPad. This probably means I was sold a used iPad for d price of new. I intend to get bak to dem physically dis weekend,d issue is I move ard a lot; in dt tym since I bought d iPad,I av driven frm Ibadan-Sokoto (at nite), Sokoto-Abuja, Abuja-Sokoto (at nite),and den Sokoto-Ibadan (arrived Ibdan at abt 4:45am dis Monday). Once I get some free tym later dis week I wud return to Slot.
One tin I av learnt in al dis is NEVER to buy any piece of valuable electronics frm Naija again.
Had a similar experience wit a 40inches Samsung LED I bought in Abuja last March

Pls how did you solve it
I'm having the same issue on my ipad

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Tecno Phantom A2 And A+: Which Is Better? / The Extinction Of Phone Call Centers In Nigeria .. / Senate Pledges To Intervene In Plans To Increase Cost Of Data

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.