Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,269 members, 7,839,351 topics. Date: Friday, 24 May 2024 at 05:27 PM

PHOTO: How PHCN Should Function In A Proper And Civilised Society! - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / PHOTO: How PHCN Should Function In A Proper And Civilised Society! (11763 Views)

Adamawa's SSG, Umar Bindir's Phone Spotted At A Function (pic) / HOW PHCN OPERATE IN OGIJO, OGUN STATE / How PHCN Operates. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: PHOTO: How PHCN Should Function In A Proper And Civilised Society! by seglan(m): 8:49pm On Nov 06, 2012
Who is phcn, Is it not the staff, Are they not Nigerians? Phcn can and will never improve with the present crops of lazy staff with bad attitude to work. Privatization has come to stay in phcn and all workers of darkness should quit

1 Like

Re: PHOTO: How PHCN Should Function In A Proper And Civilised Society! by Nobody: 8:55pm On Nov 06, 2012
Nigeria is a nation characterized by massive impropriety. The norms now look so strange and impossible!
Re: PHOTO: How PHCN Should Function In A Proper And Civilised Society! by ggiz: 9:22pm On Nov 06, 2012
If PHCN official re to put sign post on naija street, den be rest assured dr will b no access road because all d nook n crannies of our street will be blocked completely.
Re: PHOTO: How PHCN Should Function In A Proper And Civilised Society! by Yinkay: 9:49pm On Nov 06, 2012
This happens regularly in Games Village,Abuja by text messages from the Resident Associiation and. Public address van whnver there will be or there is an unusual power failure
Re: PHOTO: How PHCN Should Function In A Proper And Civilised Society! by 360command: 10:19pm On Nov 06, 2012
naptu2: I remember back when Nepa and the water works would inform the public ahead of time (via Radio Nigeria) before their services are disrupted.

Back then we would call the Nepa office when there is a power outage to complain that we couldn't do our home work because there's no light. The power would come back on within 10 minutes off our call.

Will we ever get that kind of service again?

when you say back when, let me/us know when ? or are you DAVIDO?
Re: PHOTO: How PHCN Should Function In A Proper And Civilised Society! by naptu2: 8:14am On Nov 07, 2012
I think you guys might be interested in reading this. It gives you an idea of what I'm talking about.
https://www.nairaland.com/1095544/all-those-glorious-years-spent
Re: PHOTO: How PHCN Should Function In A Proper And Civilised Society! by diki1(m): 8:28am On Nov 07, 2012
angry
Re: PHOTO: How PHCN Should Function In A Proper And Civilised Society! by diki1(m): 8:31am On Nov 07, 2012
How can it b when the powers that may be are buying up the powers
Re: PHOTO: How PHCN Should Function In A Proper And Civilised Society! by luluosas(m): 8:32am On Nov 07, 2012
740megawatts: This picture was taken sometime last weekend along a street located in Durban, South Africa. It is an official notification of an impending power outage on this particular street. Readers should note that about a week's notice is issued out to the residents ahead of the proposed power outage. This is the kind of corporate foresight supposed to be exhibited by own PHCN. Unfortunately, power outages are seen as a norm in Nigeria and PHCN doesn't give a damn about its responsibility.
I hope the private companies that have recently acquired the DISCOs will put up a good show of social responsibility and foresight.

*Ethekwini is the official name of the city of Durban, South Africa.
Which PHCN are you talking about? Look, in Nigeria, we always smile while suffering. Even if PHCN will forget about a locality to restore power after interruptions, trust we Nigerians, we will fall back on our I-Pass-My-Neighbor generators and careless about PHCN. We are in deep mess in Nigeria.
Re: PHOTO: How PHCN Should Function In A Proper And Civilised Society! by fm7070: 11:43am On Nov 07, 2012
this can only happen in advanced countries like south africa

(1) (2) (Reply)

The Challenge Of Electricity Supply In Nigeria / Edo Election: NLC endorsed Obaseki of APC- Vanguard / Abubakar Sodangi is dead! Ex-Nasarawa Senator dies at 70 (Photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.