Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,698 members, 7,823,965 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 07:21 PM

Fashola: Stay In Your Village If You Cant Obey Our Traffic Law - Politics (11) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Fashola: Stay In Your Village If You Cant Obey Our Traffic Law (18601 Views)

Buhari As Ebenezer Obey Was Singing In Ogun (Photo) / I Tell People That Lagos Will Be A Village If Non-indigene Are Not In Lagos-jimi / “go Back To Your Village If You Cannot Obey New Traffic Laws” – Governor Fashola (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Fashola: Stay In Your Village If You Cant Obey Our Traffic Law by victord1st: 6:57pm On Nov 07, 2012
afam4eva:
Bros pls there's no congregation that sits 250k people at once. Even if it's a crusade sef. Except you're referring to the population of Igbos in all the branches of a particular church.

my brother come to the lord's chosen every last sunday of the month. we hav over 300 established branches in lagos alone. you'll certainly be overwhelmed.And to d glory of God we dedicate over 1k newborn babies on thesame day.pls dont forget to pocket ur head counting machine.
chosen is blessed.
Re: Fashola: Stay In Your Village If You Cant Obey Our Traffic Law by dayokanu(m): 6:59pm On Nov 07, 2012
victord1st: i want to posit clearly that am in full support of the traffic law,okada ban inclusive.in fact i think its long over due because its inline with international best practice,but i wont be silent while some bigots spew insultive aspersion my tribe because of some careless comment frm an insensitive guvnor.tomm you'll c them spotting igbo red cap and lion head fabric canvassing for igbos vote.disgraceful hypocrites!

Abeg next time carry your useless Igbo vote and give it to Ojuku or Clifford Orji

Any Igbo that votes for a Yoruba in Lagis is a Bastardd.

Lets see how far your vote gets you in Lagos

Buncha Anuofias

2 Likes

Re: Fashola: Stay In Your Village If You Cant Obey Our Traffic Law by nku5: 7:00pm On Nov 07, 2012
Such filth that could get u arrested abroad. Na God save u say na naija you dey post xenophobic trash

seanet01: Ibos do you hear wetin Fash don said? If this law is not something you feel comfortable about please go back to your gully erosion ravaged biafra. There is no room for nonsense in Lagos. Am i clear?
Re: Fashola: Stay In Your Village If You Cant Obey Our Traffic Law by timjones1(m): 7:07pm On Nov 07, 2012
seanet01: Ibos do you hear wetin Fash don said? If this law is not something you feel comfortable about please go back to your gully erosion ravaged biafra. There is no room for nonsense in Lagos. Am i clear?
.. Fulish Boy.. Him say go back to ur states? Illiteracy is rampaging ur lineage.. I no blame for U..
Re: Fashola: Stay In Your Village If You Cant Obey Our Traffic Law by airmark(m): 7:18pm On Nov 07, 2012
tim_jones: .. Fulish Boy.. Him say go back to ur states? Illiteracy is rampaging ur lineage.. I no blame for U..

Did you smoke w.e.e.d? Are you suffering from hypermetropia? Read the story again and decide who to blame between seanet and Fashola. Mumu
Excerpt:

“You can’t continue to live like you are in your village here in Lagos. Life in Lagos is changing by the day. The government has spent fortune to ensure good environment, drainages, roads and transportation system. It is unfortunate some people are still living as if they are in their village.

“Please, if you can’t obey our environmental and traffic laws, stay back in your village,” the governor warned.'
Re: Fashola: Stay In Your Village If You Cant Obey Our Traffic Law by kettykin: 7:44pm On Nov 07, 2012
Why not rather call for a referendum /lebiscite than wast your breath daily banning use of bikes and asking people to go back to their villages referendum will solve all these problems and more
Re: Fashola: Stay In Your Village If You Cant Obey Our Traffic Law by kettykin: 7:46pm On Nov 07, 2012
The Topic should have been " Saty in your Country if you cant obey our Traffic Law"
Re: Fashola: Stay In Your Village If You Cant Obey Our Traffic Law by deaconfrost: 8:38pm On Nov 07, 2012
ilugunboy:

Fine...the language may not really be nice coming from a politician. But the remark was not directed towards a particular group of people....we have people of various tribes in Lagos, so why are some deluded animals taking it so personal here on N/L?

BTW....what accusation would the FG level against him? Asking people to excuse him from Lagos if they cannot abide by legally enacted laws? my guy things dont work that way again.

@ilugunboy: i assume you are learned and look for facts first, right? the remark was not directed to any particular tribe but look carefully again: the first comment on this thread was made by seanet01

and guess where he was pointing his fingers to am just trying to balance things up here.

Re: Fashola: Stay In Your Village If You Cant Obey Our Traffic Law by seanet01: 9:59pm On Nov 06
Ibos do you hear wetin Fash don said? If this law is not something you feel comfortable about please go back to your gully erosion ravaged biafra. There is no room for nonsense in Lagos. Am i clear?

all said and done, if i break uncle fash's laws, i will accept being deported back to my archaic village no doubt about it(where shrubs and thick bushes still exist)afterall its human to err (we are not demi-gods not to talk of being gods) but i ask: will YOU ALL NLanders ever forget the good times we had dissing ourselves here, when the other non-Lagosians can no longer make comments because they have no Internet facility in their bushes let's think about it. I think it fun that we have a forum like this. *packing my bags* cry cry cry cry {will anybody stop me} cry cry cry
Re: Fashola: Stay In Your Village If You Cant Obey Our Traffic Law by danjohn: 8:52pm On Nov 07, 2012
Why are Nigerians so tribalistic? Where do people get all this hate from? I am a big Fashola fan but in this case his word choice was very condescending. A good politician should not talk like this. If Fashola wants to run for President, he will need the votes of the non-Lagosian "village" people that he is deriding. I can already picture a negative ad with Fashola making the comment and then the narrator asking "does Fashola believe Non-Yoruba's are village people?" the ad can also show a clip of a disgruntled Igbo Okada man whose bike was ceased by Fashola saying "Oga Fashola does not like us."

Fashola should careful. He should remember that Awolowo was a great administrator who was loved by his fellow Yorubas but he could not be elected President because Non-Yorubas did not like him. A word is enough for the wise.
Re: Fashola: Stay In Your Village If You Cant Obey Our Traffic Law by deaconfrost: 8:53pm On Nov 07, 2012
xwolverine: Lets reason on the following points so as to arrive at a viable assumption that we can base the premise that IGBOs don't own Lagos.

According to CIA https://www.cia.gov/library/publications/the-world-factbook/geos/ni.html Nigeria is made up of the following ethnic groups: Hausa and Fulani 29%, Yoruba 21%, Igbo 18%, Ijaw 10%, Kanuri 4%, Ibibio 3.5%, Tiv 2.5%, 14.5% Others

If Lagos is a representation of Nigeria as a whole, then the 15 million people in lagos, would be made up of the following group of people:

*FULANI 4.35 million
Yoruba 3.15 million
IGBO 0.9 million
Ijaw 1.5 million
Kanuri 0.6 million
Ibibio 0.525 million
Tiv 0.375 million
others 2.175 million

*for reference, check out Agege, Yaba, Alaba Rago, mile 12, Abule-Egba parts of Lagos to verify this claim, and the margin for error would be ±0.5million for each ethnic group.

So, how can someone assume that Lagos is "owned" by the IGBOS? Remember, the same IGBO are also all over Abuja, Kano, Portharcourt, Delta.

correction: others - 12%
Re: Fashola: Stay In Your Village If You Cant Obey Our Traffic Law by xwolverine: 9:23pm On Nov 07, 2012
deaconfrost:

correction: others - 12%

Noted, thanks
Re: Fashola: Stay In Your Village If You Cant Obey Our Traffic Law by emmalexabl(m): 9:24pm On Nov 07, 2012
mascot87: Ibo tinz,una don hear. Make una no doti lag 4 us o. if u no go hear abeg clear. grin
U must be an AWORI and not Yoruba, otherwise u go clear follow the Igbos....
Re: Fashola: Stay In Your Village If You Cant Obey Our Traffic Law by Ufeolorun(m): 9:35pm On Nov 07, 2012
I would say the same thing if i were in his position-seeing the way government buses are being damaged by some miscreants,all in the name of Okada protest.He knows most of these guys are non natives who still have their states/country intact,he needs to be more forceful to bring sanity to that city.

1 Like

Re: Fashola: Stay In Your Village If You Cant Obey Our Traffic Law by seanet01: 9:56pm On Nov 07, 2012
Eziachi:
The last we checked, LAGOS is part of Nigeria and you lot are proud one NiGERIA CRUSADERS. As for the real indigenous owners of Lagos-the Aworis said its theirs and I don't know how much of an Awori person you are. Busy fighting what doesn't belong to you in the first place.

Some of you shouting Lagos all the time has not even a single slippers in Lagos, let alone a stake of any form. Your only contact with Lagos is the brief wait at the Murtala Muhammad Airport to catch a flight to Peckham/Thamesmead, for a life of credit card fraud.
Your last statement shows clearly you are a dumb azz whose brain is hanged in his azz.
Re: Fashola: Stay In Your Village If You Cant Obey Our Traffic Law by seanet01: 9:57pm On Nov 07, 2012
afam4eva:
I think you're talking to the wrong person. The person you just quoted has never been to the Murtala Muhammed Airport. What will he be doing there? There's no direct bus from there to Ogbomoso.
I wont mind you spending the next summer with me at milton k.
Re: Fashola: Stay In Your Village If You Cant Obey Our Traffic Law by SeanDre(m): 10:05pm On Nov 07, 2012
deaconfrost:

Hi Table_Leg: what constitutes someone as a Lagosian?
The same thing that "constitute" someone as an Abian, Imolites,or Anambrarians, capish?
Re: Fashola: Stay In Your Village If You Cant Obey Our Traffic Law by deaconfrost: 10:23pm On Nov 07, 2012
Sean Dre:
The same thing that "constitute" someone as an Abian, Imolites,or Anambrarians, capish?

Haba Sean Dre: i understand sir, but my qxn was directed to Table_Leg
Re: Fashola: Stay In Your Village If You Cant Obey Our Traffic Law by ABUGEORGE(m): 10:25pm On Nov 07, 2012
Did u know wat baffle me most, Acn, tinubu and d other acn bodies dat are tryin to win nigerians heart now, it's now dat fashola is inflictin pains on d people, tell me why wont people back up against Acn. I just hope tinubu is hearin and watchin d latest development been taken by fashola
Re: Fashola: Stay In Your Village If You Cant Obey Our Traffic Law by yarodin: 10:34pm On Nov 07, 2012
LOL, I now understand what Yoruba manu wants. They want a one united Nigeria, but everyone stay in your area. Hehe, una never see anything yet, if Fashola like deport everyone out of Lagos we go still reenter. Abi no bi Nigeria all of us still dey? Useless olodos don't even know whether they want to break or still remain one Nejira.

1 Like

Re: Fashola: Stay In Your Village If You Cant Obey Our Traffic Law by geeez: 11:08pm On Nov 07, 2012
emmalexabl: U must be an AWORI and not Yoruba, otherwise u go clear follow the Igbos....

The difference between an Awori man and an Egba man is the same difference between an Anambra man and an Enugu man

yarodin: LOL, I now understand what Yoruba manu wants. They want a one united Nigeria, but everyone stay in your area. Hehe, una never see anything yet, if Fashola like deport everyone out of Lagos we go still reenter. Abi no bi Nigeria all of us still dey? Useless olodos don't even know whether they want to break or still remain one Nejira.

Is someone here desperate? Does this mean what without the Yoruba ingenuity, you are nothing but...hopeless?
Re: Fashola: Stay In Your Village If You Cant Obey Our Traffic Law by yarodin: 12:41am On Nov 08, 2012
geeez:

The difference between an Awori man and an Egba man is the same difference between an Anambra man and an Enugu man

Is someone here desperate? Does this mean what without the Yoruba ingenuity, you are nothing but...hopeless?

Yoruba when you say ingenuity are you talking about the Yoruba invention below ?

Re: Fashola: Stay In Your Village If You Cant Obey Our Traffic Law by Dainfamous: 1:21am On Nov 08, 2012
grin ingenuity indeed.
Re: Fashola: Stay In Your Village If You Cant Obey Our Traffic Law by Nobody: 1:35am On Nov 08, 2012
Re: Fashola: Stay In Your Village If You Cant Obey Our Traffic Law by Nobody: 1:59am On Nov 08, 2012
Re: Fashola: Stay In Your Village If You Cant Obey Our Traffic Law by KMVBO(m): 2:21am On Nov 08, 2012
Am a yoruba man and i hate nobody even most of my friends are Ibos. We're one in the eye of God.
sylve11: So far so good, the war is still on. Then I begin to wonder why the One Nigeria thing is still on the lips of our leaders. Hausa hates igbo, yoruba hates igbo, but why the so much I hate? Why not allow them to get their own country? I keep on asking myself. The hate is too much, God! sad cool
Re: Fashola: Stay In Your Village If You Cant Obey Our Traffic Law by adconline(m): 4:14am On Nov 08, 2012
geeez:

They are petty traders my friend! I've worked in over 6 banks, including an Igbo bank and I know those that issue big ticket LCs are not those petty traders in Alaba

An employee who does not know what it takes to own a business is calling business owners petty traders. You are employee because you don't have the balls to underwrite your own risks. Why are bankers like you always going after these traders?
Re: Fashola: Stay In Your Village If You Cant Obey Our Traffic Law by geeez: 6:15am On Nov 08, 2012
adconline:

An employee who does not know what it takes to own a business is calling business owners petty traders. You are employee because you don't have the balls to underwrite your own risks. Why are bankers like you always going after these traders?

Past tense. I own three separate companies now that make me in three months more than all I ever earned working for 'everyone' else
yarodin:

Yoruba when you say ingenuity are you talking about the Yoruba invention below ?

What the UK and USA is to a Yoruba man is what Lagos and Ibadan is to an Igbo man
Re: Fashola: Stay In Your Village If You Cant Obey Our Traffic Law by Nobody: 6:24am On Nov 08, 2012
dayokanu:

Everyone is welcome as long as they would abide by the rules of the land

In Every country if you cant abide by the laws of the land you would be deported by to where you are from
every country right? Last time I checked,Lagos is a state and not a country.who are you to say who gets deported or not? I can see that it is non-lagosians who are yorubas are the ones making noise here! You people should encourage your governors to develop your states and stop worshipping Fashola.
Re: Fashola: Stay In Your Village If You Cant Obey Our Traffic Law by geeez: 6:27am On Nov 08, 2012
berem: every country right? Last time I checked,Lagos is a state and not a country.who are you to say who gets deported or not? I can see that it is non-lagosians who are yorubas are the ones making noise here! You people should encourage your governors to develop your states and stop worshipping Fashola.

Every state has its own laws and you don't have to stay there if you can't live with it
Re: Fashola: Stay In Your Village If You Cant Obey Our Traffic Law by igboboy1(m): 7:33am On Nov 08, 2012
geeez:

Every state has its own laws and you don't have to stay there if you can't live with it

go and deport them if no be mouth your power reach...

if yoroaba know say their power pass mouth make them begin mass deportation and dem dey go know say na PDP still dey rule the country A.k.A (Power. Dey. PassPower)
Re: Fashola: Stay In Your Village If You Cant Obey Our Traffic Law by geeez: 7:57am On Nov 08, 2012
igbo boy:

go and deport them if no be mouth your power reach...

if yoroaba know say their power pass mouth make them begin mass deportation and dem dey go know say na PDP still dey rule the country A.k.A (Power. Dey. PassPower)

You can't deport within a country brainless

And if you get pass mouth, go and break any of our laws and you will see what we will make of you ... A classical scapegoat
Re: Fashola: Stay In Your Village If You Cant Obey Our Traffic Law by XKZ(m): 8:22am On Nov 08, 2012
ilugunboy:

At present...he is only answerable to Lagosians...and Lagosians want clean and safe environment.

Does that give him the right to insult Lagosians?

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply)

Buhari’s 100 Days: Placing Nigeria On The Firm Path To Recovery – Bola Tinubu / FG Will Stabilise Price Of Rice By April-Ogbeh / Abia: Mahmud Mohammed Queries Auta Over Conflicting Rulings

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.