Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,809 members, 7,813,663 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 03:52 PM

I Tell People That Lagos Will Be A Village If Non-indigene Are Not In Lagos-jimi - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / I Tell People That Lagos Will Be A Village If Non-indigene Are Not In Lagos-jimi (4202 Views)

What I Tell People Who Twist My First Name, “lai”, To “lie” – Lai Mohammed / Gbayi Women, Youths Protests El-rufai's Appointment Of Non Indigene..(pictured) / Again, El-rufai Appoints Non-indigene As Head Of Service (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Tell People That Lagos Will Be A Village If Non-indigene Are Not In Lagos-jimi by hayzee545(m): 10:03pm On Jan 07, 2015
Governor Godswill Akpabio of Akwa Ibom on Wednesday presented Mr Udom Emmanuel and Jimi Agbaje, PDP governorship candidates in his state and Lagos respectively, to the Akwa Ibom indigenes resident in Lagos.

NAN reports that the event, which took place at the National Theatre Iganmu, drew a large number of Akwa Ibom people resident in Lagos.

Addressing the gathering, Akpabio urged the people to vote for Udom and Agbaje for governorship and for President Goodluck Jonathan in the presidential election.

He told the people that Udom was the best man for the job in Akwa Ibom. “Udom will continue with the consolidation of my administration’s lofty programmes and policies for Akwa Ibom,” he said.

In his speech, Agbaje assured the people that come Feb. 14, Jonathan would win in Lagos and that on Feb. 28, the whole of the state would vote for him.

“We are not going to discriminate like they have been doing in Lagos,” he said.

Agbaje said that a PDP government in Lagos would accommodate everyone in the state because it was the home of all.

“I always tell people that Lagos will be a village if non-indigenes are not in Lagos. You are one of the major drivers of the economy in Lagos and I urge you to vote for the PDP for change,” he said.

In his speech, Udom pledged to continue with the good work and agenda of Akpabio for Akwa Ibom.

He assured the people of greater development in the next dispensation, if elected.

Source:http://247nigerianewsupdate.co/akpabio-presents-agbaje-to-akwa-ibom-community-in-lagos/

1 Like

Re: I Tell People That Lagos Will Be A Village If Non-indigene Are Not In Lagos-jimi by meracool(m): 10:09pm On Jan 07, 2015
OP your Source.

This Jimi Agbaje Guy Can't Be Taken serious..

16 Likes

Re: I Tell People That Lagos Will Be A Village If Non-indigene Are Not In Lagos-jimi by Beesluv: 10:11pm On Jan 07, 2015
Like seriously?

2 Likes

Re: I Tell People That Lagos Will Be A Village If Non-indigene Are Not In Lagos-jimi by oduastates: 10:12pm On Jan 07, 2015
Awon akotileta
Ebi afonja ati akintola
These idiotz will do or say anything to be a king. Including selling their own people.
The history of YORUBALAND is clearly written and documented in thousands of books and publications.
He know that omoluabis will never vote for a criminal party ,full of agents of feudalism and regression.
And as such, the bone head is pandering to the votes from the east like afonja.
Unfortunately for him, the votes of the more civic minded traditionalist and Muslims amongst omoluabis easily dwarfs those votes he is pandering to .that is before we start talking about the professional class and the Christian votes.
LOSER

A village like this 50's lagos?

22 Likes

Re: I Tell People That Lagos Will Be A Village If Non-indigene Are Not In Lagos-jimi by LRNZH(m): 10:13pm On Jan 07, 2015
OP no source?

Jimi is a scaremongering cockerel of a person talking about a SS rebellion under an inevitable GMB presidency. Lagos is too big for such feeble minds.
Ambode is ahead of Jimi in class and tenacity.

Akpabio may have done some projects in Akwa-Ibom but his heavy involvement in the 16 > 29 NGF saga is his albatross. He lost his integrity therefore has no moral beacon to advise anyone on who to vote for.

GMB 2015. Anticorruption is in our DNA.

19 Likes

Re: I Tell People That Lagos Will Be A Village If Non-indigene Are Not In Lagos-jimi by sCun: 10:19pm On Jan 07, 2015
oduastates:
It was occupied by colonial masters then.
Check pictures of Oshogbo or Abeokuta for a better idea of what the man means.

24 Likes

Re: I Tell People That Lagos Will Be A Village If Non-indigene Are Not In Lagos-jimi by lionness(f): 10:21pm On Jan 07, 2015
Jimi is really bringing out his real colours. Hmmm

10 Likes

Re: I Tell People That Lagos Will Be A Village If Non-indigene Are Not In Lagos-jimi by Francis5: 10:21pm On Jan 07, 2015
sCun:

Check pictures of Oshogbo or Abeokuta for a btter idea of what the man means.
correct

15 Likes

Re: I Tell People That Lagos Will Be A Village If Non-indigene Are Not In Lagos-jimi by Nobody: 10:27pm On Jan 07, 2015
Tell them

People made Lagos and not vice versa

10 Likes

Re: I Tell People That Lagos Will Be A Village If Non-indigene Are Not In Lagos-jimi by SeverusSnape(m): 10:30pm On Jan 07, 2015
sCun:

Spot on!

15 Likes

Re: I Tell People That Lagos Will Be A Village If Non-indigene Are Not In Lagos-jimi by SeverusSnape(m): 10:31pm On Jan 07, 2015
But don't you think the man has a point?

5 Likes

Re: I Tell People That Lagos Will Be A Village If Non-indigene Are Not In Lagos-jimi by Francis5: 10:31pm On Jan 07, 2015
lionness:
Jimi is really bringing out his real colours. Hmmm

You are not more Yoruba than Jimi, so keep shut

23 Likes

Re: I Tell People That Lagos Will Be A Village If Non-indigene Are Not In Lagos-jimi by waternogeteneny: 10:32pm On Jan 07, 2015
oduastates:

Around the same time the British made it the colonial capital of Nigeria. Keep deceiving yourself. ode!

12 Likes

Re: I Tell People That Lagos Will Be A Village If Non-indigene Are Not In Lagos-jimi by oduastates: 10:37pm On Jan 07, 2015
sCun:

How many colonials?
Maybe they built ibadan,agbarra + ilupeju +otta in ogun + ikeja+ industrial estate , oluyole industrial estate in ibadan on which the middle class was and is still anchored,as well.
He can ponders as much as he likes,he does not change the facts.

The yorubas are city dwellers.
We were living in cities before most of Europe even knew what a village was.
It is the charm of our liberal cities and town( opportunity and safety in number) which attract immigrants from afar to our lands.

KEY FACTS
we have no villages.
We have
Cities
Towns
Farming settlements(whomever you find in a settlement comes from a town or city where you will find their family home).
Farming settles sometimes grow into towns.
Ogun indigen practically own lagos . They are the rainmaker. They move their money and endearvour today, the part of lagos that does not belong to them instantly collapses.

Anyway ,let it be a village.we prefer the village.
Like ibadan whose development was arrested by the devious manipulations,rigging and coup of the 60's ,70's.

24 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Tell People That Lagos Will Be A Village If Non-indigene Are Not In Lagos-jimi by jaysniggs: 10:54pm On Jan 07, 2015
LRNZH:
OP no source?

Jimi is a scaremongering cockerel of a person talking about a SS rebellion under an inevitable GMB presidency. Lagos is too big for such feeble minds.
Ambode is ahead of Jimi in class and tenacity.

Akpabio may have done some projects in Akwa-Ibom but his heavy involvement in the 16 > 29 NGF saga is his albatross. He lost his integrity therefore has no moral beacon to advise anyone on who to vote for.

GMB 2015. Anticorruption is in our DNA.

But look at daddy G.O's bata.
That shoe can dance bata. cheesy
The holy shoe. cool

1 Like

Re: I Tell People That Lagos Will Be A Village If Non-indigene Are Not In Lagos-jimi by Nobody: 11:02pm On Jan 07, 2015
LRNZH:
Ambode is ahead of Jimi in class and tenacity

Jimi Agbaje is really foo.lish to say the least if he allows divisive politicians like Akpabio to teleguide him and pin his election mantra on the altar of ethnoreligious bigotry

It is for the same divisive tendencies that will make GEJ lose election in Feb..........All i can tell Jimi Agbaje is to keep it up,by the time he loses,he wont say they didnt tell him

17 Likes

Re: I Tell People That Lagos Will Be A Village If Non-indigene Are Not In Lagos-jimi by Freelancer00(m): 11:18pm On Jan 07, 2015
What exactly is his point? He wants to take us back to the village? I don't get this guy.

1 Like

Re: I Tell People That Lagos Will Be A Village If Non-indigene Are Not In Lagos-jimi by dguyindcorner(m): 11:24pm On Jan 07, 2015
This Agbaje guy will better off as a stand up comedian. What a clown!

16 Likes

Re: I Tell People That Lagos Will Be A Village If Non-indigene Are Not In Lagos-jimi by oduastates: 11:26pm On Jan 07, 2015
Freelancer00:
What exactly is his point? He wants to take us back to the village? I don't get this guy.
Say or do Anything to get into power.
If (God forbid) he eventually get there , he will use the same method to govern.
Eventually, they will end up causing a major crisis.

3 Likes

Re: I Tell People That Lagos Will Be A Village If Non-indigene Are Not In Lagos-jimi by Ilekeh(f): 11:28pm On Jan 07, 2015
Lagos was NOT a village before non-indigenous people came.

Anyway, we can try it out and see! Let the non-indigenous vacate Lagos first.

Talk talk! Ko si nkankan ti a sele.

9 Likes

Re: I Tell People That Lagos Will Be A Village If Non-indigene Are Not In Lagos-jimi by Adminisher: 11:37pm On Jan 07, 2015
This boy Jimi Agbaje is losing the elections softly.

16 Likes

Re: I Tell People That Lagos Will Be A Village If Non-indigene Are Not In Lagos-jimi by oduastates: 11:43pm On Jan 07, 2015
Ilekeh:
Lagos was NOT a village before non-indigenous people came. It was a growing hub, thanks to businesses such as groundnut.

Anyway, we can try it out and see! Let the non-indigenous vacate Lagos first.

Talk talk! Ko si nkankan ti a sele.

Go and reread your history.
Even prior to those times.
Lagos was already a thriving seaport before the Portuguese set foot on this shores in the 1600s.
Together ŵith igbokoda in Ondo state and badagry , lagos was a centre of trade with the other great empires and Kingdom of west Africa like songhai,massa musa.
Gold , Ivory , food , artworks , farming implements , textile ,jewelry,clay and ceramic cookware ,kolanut ornaments,metal work were part of the exports and imports.
Definitely not groundnut.
Even today igbokoda has retained those ancient trading routes with the West African subregion

13 Likes

Re: I Tell People That Lagos Will Be A Village If Non-indigene Are Not In Lagos-jimi by Ilekeh(f): 11:44pm On Jan 07, 2015
oduastates:

Go and reread your history.
Even prior to those time
Lagos was already a thriving seaport before the Portuguese set foot on this shores in the 1600s.
Together ŵith igbokoda and badagry , lagos was a centre of trade with the other great empires and Kingdom of west Africa.
Gold , Ivory , food , arts and grafts , farming implements , textile ,jewelry,clay pot , ornaments were part of the exports and imports.
Definitely not groundnut.

Thank you for that education smiley

4 Likes

Re: I Tell People That Lagos Will Be A Village If Non-indigene Are Not In Lagos-jimi by Freelancer00(m): 11:44pm On Jan 07, 2015
oduastates:

Say or do Anything to get into power.
If (God forbid) he eventually get there , he will use the same method to govern.
Eventually, they will end up causing a major crisis.
I'm telling u. I always thought of him to be better than normal PDP people but he has brought himself to their level

8 Likes

Re: I Tell People That Lagos Will Be A Village If Non-indigene Are Not In Lagos-jimi by Nobody: 11:55pm On Jan 07, 2015
Buddha monk is viewing the thread,

truth hurts

1 Like

Re: I Tell People That Lagos Will Be A Village If Non-indigene Are Not In Lagos-jimi by Nobody: 12:03am On Jan 08, 2015
Is Jimi for real? How can you speak ill of your own land just because you seek power? Lagos Indigens and residents should reject Jimi not only in 2015 but in every other office that he may seek in future

11 Likes

Re: I Tell People That Lagos Will Be A Village If Non-indigene Are Not In Lagos-jimi by ChinemeOkpan: 12:07am On Jan 08, 2015
What do you expect from a certified failure with no sense of history.

It is just like expecting Tomak/int to say something nice about Yorubas.

Meanwhile Sai Buhari

See the next President of Nigeria with his youthful swagger

15 Likes

Re: I Tell People That Lagos Will Be A Village If Non-indigene Are Not In Lagos-jimi by Aksonman: 12:32am On Jan 08, 2015
Ironically / Sadly most of the Yorubas angry with Jimi Agbaje's statement are not even Lagos indigenes. Their home towns in the South-west are indeed villages with brown rusted roof tops.

JK is OK

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Tell People That Lagos Will Be A Village If Non-indigene Are Not In Lagos-jimi by ERODEDEAST(f): 2:05am On Jan 08, 2015
absurd statement because of VOTE and you knows the TRUTH. cheesy

4 Likes

Re: I Tell People That Lagos Will Be A Village If Non-indigene Are Not In Lagos-jimi by Nobody: 3:30am On Jan 08, 2015
meracool:
OP your Source.

This Jimi Agbaje Guy Can't Be Taken serious..
Yes ooo. I am making u-turn on jimi. The guy just dey mis yarn anyhow nowadays.

8 Likes

Re: I Tell People That Lagos Will Be A Village If Non-indigene Are Not In Lagos-jimi by mrofficial(m): 4:07am On Jan 08, 2015
Jimi Agbaje, don't make me hate you. He's being used by PDP.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (Reply)

I Dont Think Jonathan Would Get Up To 10% Of The Votes In Lagos / What Okorocha Did To Owerri Imo State / Upper Iweka,onitsha : From A Notorious Den To A Haven Of Peace (see Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.