Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,131 members, 7,818,393 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 02:20 PM

Why Do Husbands Find It Hard To Apologise To Their Wives - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Why Do Husbands Find It Hard To Apologise To Their Wives (10366 Views)

Why Do Husbands Beat Their Wives? / Do Husbands Feel Guilty After Making Love To Their Wives / Why Do Husbands Get Bored Of Their Wives Soon After Wedding? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Do Husbands Find It Hard To Apologise To Their Wives by joyblinks(f): 10:38am On Nov 08, 2012
@op

This post describes my Fiance... He is everything sweet in this world but the type that barely say sorry... When he does something wrong (which he rarely does) and I tell him he did wrong, he will
1. Try to make me feel he is right.
2. Try to put the blame back on me or when the matter is serious he will say he's going to fix it. But the word sorry, na wahala. I can count the number of times he has used the word sorry.

I have noticed guys that are players use this word more often. They can even go on their kneels saying sorry for a simple matta.
Re: Why Do Husbands Find It Hard To Apologise To Their Wives by LesbianBoy(m): 10:45am On Nov 08, 2012
it will be foolish for any man to apologize to a woman even if he is WRONG! grin

1 Like

Re: Why Do Husbands Find It Hard To Apologise To Their Wives by Farouksenior: 10:47am On Nov 08, 2012
....simplyb because D̶̲̥̅̊ pRicE of GArri has refuse Τ̅☺ go dwn o..
Re: Why Do Husbands Find It Hard To Apologise To Their Wives by lolaluv1(f): 10:48am On Nov 08, 2012
joyblinks: @op

This post describes my Fiance... He is everything sweet in this world but the type that barely say sorry... When he does something wrong (which he rarely does) and I tell him he did wrong, he will
1. Try to make me feel he is right.
2. Try to put the blame back on me or when the matter is serious he will say he's going to fix it. But the word sorry, na wahala. I can count the number of times he has used the word sorry.

I have noticed guys that are players use this word more often. They can even go on their kneels saying sorry for a simple matta.

Yes, I had a bad guy who was good at saying sorry. He never meant it though.

But there are sincere guys who do use and mean the word sorry.
Don't generalise like only players use sorry.

Maybe 'being incapable of saying sorry' is the flaw in your otherwise perfect fiance!
Re: Why Do Husbands Find It Hard To Apologise To Their Wives by chyseth(m): 11:00am On Nov 08, 2012
sometimes you just say it to assuage the feeling of your partner and don't always believe that because it is right in your eyes, makes it right with the other person.

i think these are some of the little things that build a richer life in a relationship. i don't used to do this before, but i now consciously remind myself the need for it, so that people around me can flow with me.
Re: Why Do Husbands Find It Hard To Apologise To Their Wives by joyblinks(f): 11:02am On Nov 08, 2012
@lola.luv.

I am not generalising... I didn't use the word "only". I said players use the word "Sorry" more often. ofcourse there are faithful, cool guys who mean it when they say sorry.
Re: Why Do Husbands Find It Hard To Apologise To Their Wives by Ninilowo(m): 11:07am On Nov 08, 2012
.......................because we are AFRICANS! Shikena.
Re: Why Do Husbands Find It Hard To Apologise To Their Wives by hollypagan: 11:14am On Nov 08, 2012
No need to apologise just get them some gift and throw her back on bed that is the best man can offer
Re: Why Do Husbands Find It Hard To Apologise To Their Wives by simdam500(m): 11:16am On Nov 08, 2012
I tink am learnin 4rm d guys here, sayin sorry will make dem(women) take u for granted. Hmmm...... I dont tink i'll be goin into any rela
Re: Why Do Husbands Find It Hard To Apologise To Their Wives by vanstanzy(m): 11:25am On Nov 08, 2012
mumumugu: My mum always complains that my dad neva acknowledge his mistake. Even when its obvious, he tries to justify why he acted the way he did.

He sometimes says statement like, I THOUGHT...., I EXPECTD U TOO...., YOU SHOULD HAVE .......etc

he neva says SORRY. This annoyd my mum so much dat she woke us one night about 15 years ago and made us promise to apologise immediately we are acusd of any misdeed b4 defendin ourself.

I have since grown up wit dis and i must say, SORRY helps in maintainin a relationship .
I noticed my dad isnt alone in dis,many men are. .SORRY is a big word for us to say.why is dis so?

Both men and women find it difficult to own up to their mistakes. For women, its not as much as men and again its a thing of pride. But for men, its a thing of both pride and ego. That's what i think.
Re: Why Do Husbands Find It Hard To Apologise To Their Wives by hollypagan: 11:28am On Nov 08, 2012
simdam500: I tink am learnin 4rm d guys here, sayin sorry will make dem(women) take u for granted. Hmmm...... I dont tink i'll be goin into any rela
ofcurse woman are stupid to take their men for granted.even if u were caught on bed with another woman dnt need to offer any apology just argue and tell her u guys were dressing the bed,thats all
Re: Why Do Husbands Find It Hard To Apologise To Their Wives by Nobody: 11:38am On Nov 08, 2012
why wont i apologize to the woman i love if i offend her, i even apologize to someone i don't offend.... saying sorry is not my problem.... i feel better doing that
Re: Why Do Husbands Find It Hard To Apologise To Their Wives by thorpido(m): 1:06pm On Nov 08, 2012
It's the men who don't have the love of God in their hearts who find it difficult saying sorry.When you are in a marriage that you desire to make fruitful and enjoyable,then sorry shouldn't be an issue.There are times you stoop to conquer.
Re: Why Do Husbands Find It Hard To Apologise To Their Wives by blushmg: 1:09pm On Nov 08, 2012
boys find it hard to apologise, men don't! Its your home and I'm sure you don't want it to break up. If you are wrong, you apologise and sometimes for peace to reign even when you are not wrong, you apologise.

1 Like

Re: Why Do Husbands Find It Hard To Apologise To Their Wives by lolaluv1(f): 1:35pm On Nov 08, 2012
joyblinks: @lola.luv.

I am not generalising... I didn't use the word "only". I said players use the word "Sorry" more often. ofcourse there are faithful, cool guys who mean it when they say sorry.

Roger that!smiley
Re: Why Do Husbands Find It Hard To Apologise To Their Wives by Nobody: 1:43pm On Nov 08, 2012
Re: Why Do Husbands Find It Hard To Apologise To Their Wives by Nobody: 1:50pm On Nov 08, 2012
Re: Why Do Husbands Find It Hard To Apologise To Their Wives by Gbadebo01(m): 4:57pm On Nov 08, 2012
its 'ego'. Am the 'head' of ma wife.
Re: Why Do Husbands Find It Hard To Apologise To Their Wives by mamagee3(f): 5:44pm On Nov 08, 2012
It's simply the ego
Re: Why Do Husbands Find It Hard To Apologise To Their Wives by plendil: 7:28pm On Nov 08, 2012
its the ego thing.

The atttitude of some women, unfortunately makes it difficult for such apology to take place
Re: Why Do Husbands Find It Hard To Apologise To Their Wives by DukeNija(m): 9:41pm On Nov 08, 2012
MRbrownJAY: i think saying sorry is pointless UNLESS YOU MEAN IT, and to mean it you have to believe that you did something wrong....... so i think your mother was WRONG in teaching you to say sorry whenever you are accused of something, and you should instead ONLY say sorry when you believe you have done something wrong.

now, if your partner tells you that something that YOU believe is right, makes her feel bad (or whatever) then tell her that you are sorry about HOW SHE FEELS, but not about what you did, while explaining to her why you think it is right to do what you did.

MBJ I disagree with you on this one.
Men are Arrogant.
And will hardly want a Woman to be Right and they Wrong, thereby making her seem smarter in Some situations.

If we go by your thought, everyone will have an excuse not to Apologise. I don't mean it, so I won't say it.

Admit your mistake, accept your wrong Judgement, Be a Man, MakethatWomanElated.

Only Insecure Nigerian Men have issues with the above.
Re: Why Do Husbands Find It Hard To Apologise To Their Wives by Kobojunkie: 9:47pm On Nov 08, 2012
mumumugu: My mum always complains that my dad neva acknowledge his mistake. Even when its obvious, he tries to justify why he acted the way he did.

He sometimes says statement like, I THOUGHT...., I EXPECTD U TOO...., YOU SHOULD HAVE .......etc

he neva says SORRY. This annoyd my mum so much dat she woke us one night about 15 years ago and made us promise to apologise immediately we are acusd of any misdeed b4 defendin ourself.

I have since grown up wit dis and i must say, SORRY helps in maintainin a relationship .
I noticed my dad isnt alone in dis,many men are. .SORRY is a big word for us to say.why is dis so?

Simple answer . . . . because their wives allow it. I mean the only reason another human being will treat you one way and not another is because they see you as someone that deserves what they give you. If they respected their wives a bit more, these husbands you refer to would be more willing to admit their mistakes and apologize/ask for forgiveness.

Please do not go around thinking that what you described there or probably experienced growing up is the NORM elsewhere in the world. It is not. It is just what your mother or the women in question have accepted for themselves . . their worth. So rather than blaming the men for taking advantage of the situation ALLOWED by the womenfolk, ask the women instead why they allow it.
Re: Why Do Husbands Find It Hard To Apologise To Their Wives by OmoEko1(f): 5:29am On Nov 09, 2012
@topic
"Some husbands".......
Re: Why Do Husbands Find It Hard To Apologise To Their Wives by manugbo(m): 8:15am On Nov 09, 2012
its just iberiberism
Re: Why Do Husbands Find It Hard To Apologise To Their Wives by tonym1(m): 10:41am On Nov 09, 2012
STUPID PRIDE grin
Re: Why Do Husbands Find It Hard To Apologise To Their Wives by mumumugu(m): 11:16pm On Mar 20, 2015
Re: Why Do Husbands Find It Hard To Apologise To Their Wives by Nobody: 11:49pm On May 13, 2015
thorpido:
It's the men who don't have the love of God in their hearts who find it difficult saying sorry.When you are in a marriage that you desire to make fruitful and enjoyable,then sorry shouldn't be an issue.There are times you stoop to conquer.

sometimes I really wonder. my husband says he loves God. he loves me passionately. he's usually a great husband and father except for occasional slip-ups like staying out all night, not calling to give me a heads up, coming back the next afternoon and not even giving me the courtesy of an explanation as to why he didn't come home. instead he'll rather give me the silent treatment for as long as I can bear it, eat the food I put out, dress up and go out again. what happened to a simple "sorry I couldn't come home because of .......". Trouble averted
Re: Why Do Husbands Find It Hard To Apologise To Their Wives by thorpido(m): 6:46am On May 14, 2015
nickibarb:

sometimes I really wonder. my husband says he loves God. he loves me passionately. he's usually a great husband and father except for occasional slip-ups like staying out all night, not calling to give me a heads up, coming back the next afternoon and not even giving me the courtesy of an explanation as to why he didn't come home. instead he'll rather give me the silent treatment for as long as I can bear it, eat the food I put out, dress up and go out again. what happened to a simple "sorry I couldn't come home because of .......". Trouble averted
nickibarb,there are issues between you and your hubby and it may have been something you chose to ignore or let him get away with while you were dating.Your hubby does not RESPECT you.
I don't know how you can earn that respect now but you have to start to put your foot down and don't let him ride all over you.You are his wife,not his housemaid.

1 Like

Re: Why Do Husbands Find It Hard To Apologise To Their Wives by Nobody: 7:50am On May 14, 2015
thorpido:
nickibarb,there are issues between you and your hubby and it may have been something you chose to ignore or let him get away with while you were dating.Your hubby does not RESPECT you.
I don't know how you can earn that respect now but you have to start to put your foot down and don't let him ride all over you.You are his wife,not his housemaid.

I notice most people say if a man has a bad trait, it must be something you ignored when you were dating. but I've cast my mind back like a million times. my husband, then bf and fiancé was so excellent. he never did even one thing to upset me for the 2 yrs prior to marriage. Sometimes i thought it was too good to be true, but who am I to look for faults when there was none. It's not like I was desperate to get married or anything. I was just 24, had my undergrad and postgrad degree. Surprisingly, we got married and then this ugly trait shows up. its not like his cheating or anything.Sometimes I wonder whether he feels he can't say sorry to me because he's so much older than me.
Re: Why Do Husbands Find It Hard To Apologise To Their Wives by thorpido(m): 8:18am On May 14, 2015
nickibarb:

I notice most people say if a man has a bad trait, it must be something you ignored when you were dating. but I've cast my mind back like a million times. my husband, then bf and fiancé was so excellent. he never did even one thing to upset me for the 2 yrs prior to marriage. Sometimes i thought it was too good to be true, but who am I to look for faults when there was none. It's not like I was desperate to get married or anything. I was just 24, had my undergrad and postgrad degree. Surprisingly, we got married and then this ugly trait shows up. its not like his cheating or anything.Sometimes I wonder whether he feels he can't say sorry to me because he's so much older than me.
The bolded might be the issue.There is nothing wrong with dating a man much older than you but he must be able to come down to your level if he wants a relationship.Some girls say if it's more than 4yrs,they are not interested.I guess this might be one of the reasons.A man they can relate with at the same level.
Many people are at their best while dating so your hubby may not have shown this while dating.
Re: Why Do Husbands Find It Hard To Apologise To Their Wives by Nobody: 10:14am On May 14, 2015
[b][/b]
nickibarb:

sometimes I really wonder. my husband says he loves God. he loves me passionately. he's usually a great husband and father except for [b]occasional slip-ups like staying out all night, not calling to give me a heads up, coming back the next afternoon and not even giving me the courtesy of an explanation as to why he didn't come home. in[/b]stead he'll rather give me the silent treatment for as long as I can bear it, eat the food I put out, dress up and go out again. what happened to a simple "sorry I couldn't come home because of .......". Trouble averted

Are you serious . I don't want to spoil what works for you guys or sow a seed of discord but that is very disturbing. How can he stay out without letting you know where he is then he comes home and still doesn't tell you where he was. Very dysfunctional. Where do you think he is on those nights, do you have any idea.

1 Like

Re: Why Do Husbands Find It Hard To Apologise To Their Wives by Nobody: 10:49am On May 14, 2015
fem29:
[b][/b]

Are you serious . I don't want to spoil what works for you guys or sow a seed of discord but that is very disturbing. How can he stay out without letting you know where he is then he comes home and still doesn't tell you where he was. Very dysfunctional. Where do you think he is on those nights, do you have any idea.

I have a vague idea, he's a politician and their movements, meetings and stuff sometimes lasts up to wee hours of the morning. I get that and I trust him cos I know he's really in love with me and he's a devoted father. but all I ask is let me know when you won't be coming home but that has been the major genesis of our issues. like he thinks I'm trying to control him or something. he comes back, knows i'll be upset and gives me the silent treatment so we don't have to talk about it. after like 2 days, he's back to acting all lovey-dovey again. before i know it, he's doing it again and the cycle continues. I'm really at a loss as to how to fix it. I know he's not cheating cos i'm the president of team snoop. (I trust him oh but i'm just checking just in case lol).

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Here Again / Widow Cries For Help, Accuses Late Husband’s Siblings Of Victimisation / For The Married Folks: What Happens When The Novelty Wears Off?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.