Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,511 members, 7,819,842 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 02:42 AM

Are Men Still Threathened By Successful Ladies - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Are Men Still Threathened By Successful Ladies (1017 Views)

Do Virgin Men Still Exist?? / Should Married Men Still Go To Clubs / Why Do Successful Ladies Marry Late? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Are Men Still Threathened By Successful Ladies by slimmy24(f): 8:13pm On Jan 31, 2008
I have very old fashioned parents. im 24 goin on 25 yet they believe I shdnt drive a posh car or rent an apartment for myself because suitors will be running from me.

is this still true becos im getting sick of it. undecided undecided
Re: Are Men Still Threathened By Successful Ladies by Nobody: 11:32pm On Jan 31, 2008
Abeg drive you posh car and rent your apartment, the chances of a stupid guy  approaching you would be slim. This is a new era, guys respect women that are accomplished unless you live in the village and you surround yourself with village people with village mentality. If I have the opportunity I'll get out of my parent's house.
Re: Are Men Still Threathened By Successful Ladies by Nobody: 12:15am On Feb 01, 2008
@ poster,

u have good advisers around u. i co-sign everything u said. it is so true i had to give this thread a thumbs up. most guys find successful women intimidating. its not just a black thing. even white pple go through it. my landlady lives in 3 storey building and driver a porche but she cant seem to hold a man down. they all leave after a while.

my friends sister only got married in her late 30's. she has a chic house and has a good job, the list goes on

before i forget, all the guys that approached all the ladies i know are also bucked up.
Re: Are Men Still Threathened By Successful Ladies by opokonwa(m): 8:44am On Feb 01, 2008
@slimmy24

Abeg where you dey
Make we hook up wink
Re: Are Men Still Threathened By Successful Ladies by jkpretty(f): 10:16am On Feb 01, 2008
@Topic
I very well understand u, u are old enough & capable of getting things of ur own and want to be off the parents hook. But even as much as it is understood, i think u should adhere to the advise of ur parents. I believe Old fashion is the best fashion when it comes to many things, most especially morals. I believe its still the best way, dat a lady shld be in her parents house till she gets married, whether u've got all it takes or not. Except u really can't help like in cases of transfer.

The thing is many good guys would love to know u are still under ur parents' lock & key. (i stand to be corrected)
Re: Are Men Still Threathened By Successful Ladies by almondjoy(f): 10:34am On Feb 01, 2008
This must be Gamine!!!!! --with another name. tongue

What a question!

Waka pass jeje!
Re: Are Men Still Threathened By Successful Ladies by U1(m): 12:29pm On Feb 01, 2008
You've been told, I talk my own cool.
Re: Are Men Still Threathened By Successful Ladies by sexxxxy(f): 12:41pm On Feb 01, 2008
Boys run away from succesful women,real men dont,
Re: Are Men Still Threathened By Successful Ladies by opokonwa(m): 1:42pm On Feb 01, 2008
sexxxxy:

Boys run away from succesful women,real men don't,

@sexxxxy

WORD
Re: Are Men Still Threathened By Successful Ladies by zignor(m): 3:51pm On Feb 01, 2008
I have very old fashioned parents

lol . . . cheesy grin grin grin

@Topic . . .Have you gotten any? . . .posh car and Duplex undecided
If yes, contact me so that we can prove your parents wrong
Re: Are Men Still Threathened By Successful Ladies by bebe2007(m): 3:57pm On Feb 01, 2008
Men definately run away from successful women. They get threatened and bail, those of them that stay end up getting jealous of your success and consequently the relationship comes to an end.

I for one i do not care if they run or stay, i would and have been going ahead with my plans in life, if i decided to buy a posh car i would, damn the chicken!
Re: Are Men Still Threathened By Successful Ladies by bebe2007(m): 4:01pm On Feb 01, 2008
Excuse my mistake: correction: "if i decide to buy a posh car"
Re: Are Men Still Threathened By Successful Ladies by Delta007(m): 4:21pm On Feb 01, 2008
I dont know what kinda men or boys u gals date, but I've heard silly comments like this in the past. "If I buy a house, men will be intimidated". Well, make i tok my own (and for my pals who are quite successful as well). We no dey look for babes wey no get direction; any guy wey dey intimidated by ur success na small boy; Heck, the more successful you are, the better.
Re: Are Men Still Threathened By Successful Ladies by princeonx: 5:03pm On Feb 01, 2008
I no know watin I go tell you! because you dey compare dream and reality! You no get posh!, you no get apartment!, suitors sef you no get!, you don dey worry and get sick!

what will happen if any of the above come your way? better cut your coat to your size!

if you papa na Bill Gates, you no go worry about suitors or no suitors! you go blow money anyhow wey you like! so no raise one yeye topic here! gone are those days!
Re: Are Men Still Threathened By Successful Ladies by chuchub: 5:19pm On Feb 01, 2008
@POSTER

I dont think men are threatened by successful Ladies, They just dont like being disrespected and the average view is that when you are not dependent on they you may tend to be disrespectful and even if you are not, they will likely take your refusal on discord to any issue that may arise to mean you are disrespecting them. I strongly believe a modern day guy want a lady who can assist him by every means as a wife now if you had made it big while being with them they would have had a taste your your atitude without money so the issue of you being bossy because of your status is less likely to be an issue (although it could still come up). So they dont get threatened they just want guarantees of your respect and obedience, like their dream wife (I strongly believe this is their dream).

Well, i believe the choice is your to make, So give it a good thought. Takia. Ciao
Re: Are Men Still Threathened By Successful Ladies by Busta(f): 5:23pm On Feb 01, 2008
I think it is true but then again, a lot of naija mentality is put into it.

Over here, guys don’t mind living/moving in the girl’s house (even with her parents), driving their girl’s car and even spending her money. . . “whatever belongs to her, belongs to him and vice versa”.

Then again, I really do think that a lot of naija men are threatened by successful women.
Re: Are Men Still Threathened By Successful Ladies by Bblak(f): 5:43pm On Feb 01, 2008
Pending commentbe right back
Re: Are Men Still Threathened By Successful Ladies by choco4life(m): 5:49pm On Feb 01, 2008
Men are egoistic.
Re: Are Men Still Threathened By Successful Ladies by adeboo(f): 5:52pm On Feb 01, 2008
That was then girl - i think guys are now looking for assets and not liabilities.
Your parents are thinking like it was some years ago.
Re: Are Men Still Threathened By Successful Ladies by hotchic1(f): 8:40pm On Feb 01, 2008
Some guyz tend to have low self esteem and are intimidated by successful ladies,however if you are not successful,they tend to see you as gold diggers and tell you that you are after their money.But for long lasting relationships,you got to be very careful and very humble.
Re: Are Men Still Threathened By Successful Ladies by creamdream: 9:27pm On Feb 01, 2008
Well if you are a guy with great prospects and potentials ffor success, then no woman no matter how successful should intimidate you if you truely believe in the Beauty of your own dreams!! personaly, no matter how rich you are, i am ready for you, that is if your success wont deprive you of the good qualities a wife material must have, in most cases it does, thats why ladies in that category have the Husband search streess, PERIOD, NUFF SAID!!
Re: Are Men Still Threathened By Successful Ladies by beila05(m): 11:02pm On Feb 01, 2008
To be very honest and farnk with you , your parents are very right about the issue and thats not to say that they aren't men who think otherwise, the joy of every woman is the joy of been chased by a man and a man making the first move, not you, most men feel intimidated about a woman socio-status and even mistake attempts by the lady to catch their attention as an opportunity for gold digging, some men mistake ladies who drive posh cars as already married and some see them as women that won't be submissive and would make them "house husbands" "strict career woman"

but my advise for you is that you should get those things you desire moderately so that you don't end up attracting just any body but people in the same class like you then gradually you both can explode to whatever lent you want , but he must remain the head,you know what am saying
Re: Are Men Still Threathened By Successful Ladies by Nobody: 11:09pm On Feb 01, 2008
@ poster, may be the quest should go, nigerian men.i'd say yes.
Re: Are Men Still Threathened By Successful Ladies by creamdream: 11:14pm On Feb 01, 2008
, its all in the mind, and make sure you adopt good virtes and disposition as well, make your self better, improve on yor xter
Re: Are Men Still Threathened By Successful Ladies by Nella(f): 11:25pm On Feb 02, 2008
na fu-ck??

zignor:

lol . . . cheesy grin grin grin

@Topic . . .Have you gotten any? . . .posh car and Duplex undecided
If yes, contact me so that we can prove your parents wrong

sign me up!

(1) (Reply)

Should I Risk It? / Should Women Keep Their Female Friends Away From Their Boyfriends/Husbands? / Help

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.