Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,595 members, 7,809,156 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 01:46 AM

Nigerian Girls Invent Urine-powered Generator - Science/Technology (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Nigerian Girls Invent Urine-powered Generator (45730 Views)

Scientist Invent Death Test That Tell Us How Long We Will Live / Urine-powered Generator Invented By Nigerians Girls / Harvard Students Invent Electricity Generating Football (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian Girls Invent Urine-powered Generator by bolayei: 9:02pm On Nov 08, 2012
I DONT UNDERSTAND WHY SOME PEOPLE CALL IT RUBBISH INVENTION..,HOW BIO CAN ANYTHING BE? AND YOUS LOT SIT BACK AND DISS NAIJA EVEN THOUGH YOU CANT SEE THE GOOD THINGS THAT COMES OUT OF IT. THINK ABOUT IT THIS WAY ONE ROUND OF PISS IS CLOSE TO 1LTR AND THAT IS 6 HRS ELECTRICITY MEANING AS LONG AS YOU HAVE THAT GENERATOR YOU DONT HAVE TO PAY FOR ELECTRICITY. BRING THAT TO ENGLAND AND SEE IF IT WONT SELL AS IN NO ELECTRIC BILL ONLY SERVICE GENERATOR AND I TRUST ENGLISH MAN GO DIY THE THING WHEN TIME REACH TO SERVICE. UNA DEY THERE DEY CRITICISE INSTEAD OF LOOKING FOR WAYS TO ENCOURAGE OR BETTER STILL INVEST ON THE GIRLS. EVERYTIME I VE BEEN IN NIGERIA I JUST SEE MONEY EVERYWHERE I MEAN THINGS THAT CAN EASILY TURN TO MONEY NOT NECESSARY BIG MONEY BUT CONSIDERABLE AMOUNT THAT CAN KEEP ANYONE GOING.IMAGINE IF THESE GIRLS WHERE CHINESE NA NIGERIAN MAN GO IMPORT THE GENS FROM CHINA. A PROPHET IS REALLY NOT RECOGNISED IN HIS OWN TOWN. OH NA GOVERNMENT SUPPOSE SPONSOR THEM

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Girls Invent Urine-powered Generator by BloggingIq: 9:04pm On Nov 08, 2012
[size=8pt]BIG COPY COPY!!! angry
Please give credit to who owns it. This is old news, I actually knew of this since 2009.
Old tech, so girls this young are frauds, proper credit to scientists Rebecca L. King, Bryan K. Boggs, and Gerardine G. Botte, if memory serves, they teach at the Department of Chemical and Biomolecular Engineering at Ohio University. This are the folks who actually developed the process behind the urine-powered generator!!! shocked

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Girls Invent Urine-powered Generator by Nobody: 9:06pm On Nov 08, 2012
booqee: Great invention!...and from yoruba students too. grin

Btw, dat uniform looks like my sec sch uniform. tongue

Secondary school students are not meant to comment here. Did you say the generator only runs on yorubah urine
Re: Nigerian Girls Invent Urine-powered Generator by Nobody: 9:09pm On Nov 08, 2012
Oahray: so you feel insulting a person you know nothing about is evidence of a mind at maximum capacity? I wouldn't be drawn into a war of words with you, no be your fault. If you knew even the most basic things about electrical machines or torsion or torque, or the potentially explosive nature of the hydrogen gas (and how to work safely with it), you wouldnt be saying this. Most of these things are not taught in Nigerian secondary schools.
true i may know nothing abt the technicalities,today the 7th of november,but bet ur one thousand naira,tommorow i will go toe to toe on the topic and Proove u wrong.thank the russian for google
Re: Nigerian Girls Invent Urine-powered Generator by Nobody: 9:12pm On Nov 08, 2012
BloggingIq: [size=8pt]BIG COPY COPY!!! angry
Please give credit to who owns it. This is old news, I actually knew of this since 2009.
Old tech, so girls this young are frauds, proper credit to scientists Rebecca L. King, Bryan K. Boggs, and Gerardine G. Botte, if memory serves, they teach at the Department of Chemical and Biomolecular Engineering at Ohio University. This are the folks who actually developed the process behind the urine-powered generator!!! shocked
sabouteur..why call them frauds,i cant get the info on my phone fast enugh,tommorow will call out ur lie
Re: Nigerian Girls Invent Urine-powered Generator by chreldb(m): 9:13pm On Nov 08, 2012
Any person with just an average IQ that is relatively scientifically exposed and oriented even if not engineering or applied science inclined will take this news with a pinch of salt. No need to talk or argue too much, I comment my reserve as I do not have the strength to go into arguments with anyone with a contrary opinion on this kind of issue tongue.
Re: Nigerian Girls Invent Urine-powered Generator by saintohia: 9:13pm On Nov 08, 2012
Should be:

Nigerian girls experiment on using Urine to power generator, better put.

There's a great difference b/w "Invent" and "experiment"
Re: Nigerian Girls Invent Urine-powered Generator by Nobody: 9:14pm On Nov 08, 2012
someone says it is impossible,another says they stole the tech,i cant research now,but will tommorrow,nigerians na wa oh,

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Girls Invent Urine-powered Generator by Catchfire1: 9:14pm On Nov 08, 2012
topsyking::

RUBBISH invention....

belhomme:
see d face of an average brain... poor u

Average? 4 real?
Re: Nigerian Girls Invent Urine-powered Generator by saintohia: 9:21pm On Nov 08, 2012
A Urine powered generator would mean pouring Urine directly into the Generator, and a Generator produced by the girls too.

Big scam.

The engineering behind their experiment is also questionable.
Re: Nigerian Girls Invent Urine-powered Generator by Oahray: 9:22pm On Nov 08, 2012
ehie: true i may know nothing abt the technicalities,today the 7th of november,but bet ur one thousand naira,tommorow i will go toe to toe on the topic and Proove u wrong.thank the russian for google
lol. Hilarious. Prove me wrong on what? The fact that you don't know the technicalities involved.......... or that I don't believe the said girls are the brains behind the 'invention'.......... or my belief that they were simply groomed to answer questions......... or the fact that you believe a mind at full capacity is the one that resorts to insults......... or the fact that today is 8th and not 7th? I hope your proof reduces the price of garri in my area as I don't care much about yours.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Girls Invent Urine-powered Generator by stpat1(m): 9:29pm On Nov 08, 2012
Let them produce it commercially then I will really. Appreciate it. Though they have really impressed me beyond my expectation. Considering their age, I"ll give them 90%.
The bottom line of this principle here is using hydrogen as fuel. So which ever way you can produce your hydrogen to be used as fuel is welcome. Be it from H2O which is water or any other source. But it all it will be an excellent achievement if it can be commercially available at an economically efficient rate.
Re: Nigerian Girls Invent Urine-powered Generator by joerux60: 9:31pm On Nov 08, 2012
bright007: there is something fishy about this story...the four inventors are in the range of 14-15 years of age and are from Nigeria....a country where even our Professors cant produce tooth-pick...which school did this gurls attend?...so many kwessions to ask about this crap of a story?

one semester before i completed my studies, i had a cameroonian friend who was
studying civil engineering at the university of bochum(now university of bochum-essen) in germany.
he was tasked to invent a device(instrument) that could measure the force exerted on a window in a
multi storey building by the weight above it. this was his final year project(degree thesis).
he managed to do it within the stipulated 6 months and the intrument was a success.

and guess what! the next thing was his professor was markerting the device in australia, america and europe. he had patented it. unfortunately, the rules there are such that whenever you do a project under the supervision of a professor, whatever
you produce, does not belong to you.

so i asked him, how he could be the first person invent such a device when he is just getting into the profession, yet there
are so many big peoople with doctorates and professorship.

you know what he answered me?

'People who are already in the profession think in a biased way, thats why they could not do it. it needed someone
new to do it.

so please, my sister, dont underestimate those girls

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Girls Invent Urine-powered Generator by BloggingIq: 9:33pm On Nov 08, 2012
pure hydrogen is a highly combustible gas
that can and will explode a generator if
improperly equipped to handle it as fuel.
Have you asked yourself why this tech
has not been capitalized on?
Re: Nigerian Girls Invent Urine-powered Generator by Nobody: 9:34pm On Nov 08, 2012
okpara ugo:

Secondary school students are not meant to comment here. Did you say the generator only runs on yorubah urine
shattaap....i'm not in sec sch. Mofo
Re: Nigerian Girls Invent Urine-powered Generator by stpat1(m): 9:37pm On Nov 08, 2012
To add, saying 1 litre of urine will produce 6 hrs of electricity is also not technically and scientifically correct as the exact quantity of electricity that will be produced for 6rs was not mentioned. Is it 1 watts, 10 watts, 1 kilowatts etc. If this is stated then I'll be able to comment better.
Re: Nigerian Girls Invent Urine-powered Generator by fiercehillz(m): 9:38pm On Nov 08, 2012
Hydrogen ion....why not use water instead of urine
Re: Nigerian Girls Invent Urine-powered Generator by joerux60: 9:39pm On Nov 08, 2012
a1solution: ITS A GOOD INVENTION BUT IT CAME LATE AS NIGERIANS WOULD BEGIN TO ENJOY UNINTERRUPTED POWER SUPPLY AS FROM THE FIRST QUARTER OF YEAR 2013. THEY SHOULD HURRY UP TO SELL THE FEW THEY CAN SELL WITHIN THE REMAINING TWO MONTHS TO 24/7 ELECTRICITY IN NIGERIA

think globally.
Re: Nigerian Girls Invent Urine-powered Generator by joerux60: 9:42pm On Nov 08, 2012
Naija_pikin 1: This kind of generator will smell a lot. Like seriously, this is some good news, away from “trigger happy“ cops. Btw, its guys that drink beer a lot that will be into serious business here....issoryt.

can be installed 10m or mor from the house.
Re: Nigerian Girls Invent Urine-powered Generator by BloggingIq: 9:44pm On Nov 08, 2012
@ ehie
what are you saying?

is it that the tech is not old? - this method is at least three years old
or is it that I said that the Nigerian frauds girls are not the inventor?
or are you saying that the girls invented it three years ago, but are just showing up now?

This shows that Nigerians do not READ
Re: Nigerian Girls Invent Urine-powered Generator by BloggingIq: 9:55pm On Nov 08, 2012
ok if this is done right, I suspect that we will end up
consuming more urine than can be recovered just from humans.
China would supplant the OPEC nations as the #1 source for Urine. grin
Re: Nigerian Girls Invent Urine-powered Generator by joerux60: 9:55pm On Nov 08, 2012
valicious1: Unnecessary & highly embarassing invention from idle kids. So if we eventually allow women 2 rule this country this is the kinnda thrash they would be feeding us with. SMH.

this is called recycling and has been there since the beginning of time. are you aware that
the water that the water that you are drinking is tha same water that was drunk by the first member of
your clan! i.e. rain falls, goes to the river you collect it, use it, discharge it to sewer ponds/rivers and goes to the
oceans. it evaporates back to the sky and comes back again as rain

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Girls Invent Urine-powered Generator by Nobody: 9:56pm On Nov 08, 2012
No A1 chemistry for expo ooo or 1st class chemistry but cant use your brain. please hail these genius, they have won my love. Lets encourage our very own. KUDOS.
Re: Nigerian Girls Invent Urine-powered Generator by joerux60: 10:05pm On Nov 08, 2012
question: Next we will hear of SH1T-powered helicopter.

www.env.go.jp/recycle/3r/en/asia/02_06/01.pdf

if you have got time sir, visit this site and i am sure you will retract
you comment
Re: Nigerian Girls Invent Urine-powered Generator by lawizle(m): 10:12pm On Nov 08, 2012
a1solution: ITS A GOOD INVENTION BUT IT CAME LATE AS NIGERIANS WOULD BEGIN TO ENJOY UNINTERRUPTED POWER SUPPLY AS FROM THE FIRST QUARTER OF YEAR 2013. THEY SHOULD HURRY UP TO SELL THE FEW THEY CAN SELL WITHIN THE REMAINING TWO MONTHS TO 24/7 ELECTRICITY IN NIGERIA

Says yu abi?Mtchew
Re: Nigerian Girls Invent Urine-powered Generator by BloggingIq: 10:19pm On Nov 08, 2012
this girls are frauds!
method does not belong to them,
method that was first discovered by 2009!

Re: Nigerian Girls Invent Urine-powered Generator by Gnosticmovement(m): 10:39pm On Nov 08, 2012
Dont u guys wonder how dey modified the combustion cylinder in d already made honda generator to suit hydrogen combustion...and also channel d waste water from d engine since deres no carbon mono oxide...or did dey just feed hydrogen gas in2 d combustion chamber of a petrol generator...its like saying a diesel plant will run on kerosene...u need a different engine to combust d hydrogen..so i dnt think its practically possible to use a honda generator for dis process...wait o why i feel say d gen na honda sef...lol
Re: Nigerian Girls Invent Urine-powered Generator by HRHAgek(m): 10:48pm On Nov 08, 2012
Foxybone:

Sorry bro, I did that before you.... grin grin grin grin

This guys should bring their generator to my office building to collect urine, infact, urine is now for sale.... Men, new business in town...

On a serious note, thumbs up to the girls for bring in a smelly invention, imagine you storing jerry cans of urine in your toilet because it is cheaper grin grin grin

But on a lighter note... I came 3rd after a hard struggle with Afam4eva grin grin grin grin
I hate it when peeps write long stuffs as comment and dias just a few likes...
Re: Nigerian Girls Invent Urine-powered Generator by HRHAgek(m): 10:52pm On Nov 08, 2012
Sky-walker:
hmmm. 14, 15 years old developed this? lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed
Uncle, u bin no read the post ne? U come d ask. No waste internet I beg.
Re: Nigerian Girls Invent Urine-powered Generator by BloggingIq: 11:25pm On Nov 08, 2012
yet another fact ........Please give credit to who due, not this copy copy girls .......

Re: Nigerian Girls Invent Urine-powered Generator by gabmid(f): 11:27pm On Nov 08, 2012
U guz sld lean how to encourage young once, wen dey r wrong encourage n advice dem let dem no dey can do better not all dis.... Anyway girls una try.
Re: Nigerian Girls Invent Urine-powered Generator by BloggingIq: 11:33pm On Nov 08, 2012
These kinds of innovations aren’t the first to use urine in a useful process.
Astronauts from the ISS processed urine to extract pure water from it.
A process like this one described before may have been used, but hasn’t.
I guess that if you extract hydrogen from the urine,
you might just as well burn it and produce water,
but because oxygen resources are scarce enough in space conditions,
that solution wouldn’t have been the best.

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply)

People Share Their Experiences Starting This Generator (Photo) / What's This Light Travelling In The Sky? (photo) / Residents Gather As Elephants Are Spotted In Kebbi. See What Happened. Photos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.