Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,521 members, 7,826,959 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 12:57 AM

Nigerian Girls Invent Urine-powered Generator - Science/Technology (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Nigerian Girls Invent Urine-powered Generator (45780 Views)

Scientist Invent Death Test That Tell Us How Long We Will Live / Urine-powered Generator Invented By Nigerians Girls / Harvard Students Invent Electricity Generating Football (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian Girls Invent Urine-powered Generator by vanstanzy(m): 5:06pm On Nov 08, 2012
thelastPope:

Its people like you that are the problem of this country. Someone did a science experiment that anyone can copy from the internet and says he has invented something and you say we should applaud them? Then why do you crtiticize politicians who lie? Distasteful!

GUY, U MAKE ME LAUGH! grin grin grin grin grin
THE DIFFERENCE BETWEEN THESE GIRLS AND POLITICIANS (ESPECIALLY NIGERIAN) IS THAT, THE GIRLS CREATED SOMETHING GOOD AND THAT'LL SERVE MANKIND IF REALLY HARNESSED. EVEN IF THEY GOT THE INVENTION FROM THE INTERNET, TO MAKE SOMETHING OF IT AT THAT AGE IS SOMETHING WORTH APPLAUDING. OUR POLITICIAN ONLY LEARN HOW TO HARM MANKIND WITH THEIR INGENUITY, IF THEY'VE GOT ANY.
NOW SEE THE DIFFERENCE? ALL PEOPLE THAT DO WELL NEED IS ENCOURAGEMENT. IS THAT TO MUCH TO ASK FOR?

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Girls Invent Urine-powered Generator by vanstanzy(m): 5:12pm On Nov 08, 2012
Okija_juju:

Bros I tire o!! I just dey vex for the past 2 days without reason!! I dey wait make the symptom reach three days brfore I go see doctor.. angry

FOR A LASTING CURE, PRAY AND STUDY YOUR BIBLE. STAY AWAY FROM OKIJA SHRINE IT'LL DO U NO GOOD.
OH! LEST I FORGET, STAY AWAY FROM BOOZE AND PREGNANT WOMEN TOO. grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Nigerian Girls Invent Urine-powered Generator by ollystic: 5:19pm On Nov 08, 2012
topsyking: RUBBISH invention....

You Must be a Togolese Idiot !!!

Nice One Guys !!!!

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Girls Invent Urine-powered Generator by robotan: 5:23pm On Nov 08, 2012
For great NEWS, GISTS, TUTORIALS, REVIEWS, HOT MUSIC DOWNLOADS, APPS, FREE BROWSING, GOSSIPS and much more. Visit www.naijaclassic.com

For great NEWS, GISTS, TUTORIALS, REVIEWS, HOT MUSIC DOWNLOADS, APPS, FREE BROWSING, GOSSIPS and much more. Visit www.naijaclassic.com
Re: Nigerian Girls Invent Urine-powered Generator by thelastPope(m): 5:26pm On Nov 08, 2012
vanstanzy:

GUY, U MAKE ME LAUGH! grin grin grin grin grin
THE DIFFERENCE BETWEEN THESE GIRLS AND POLITICIANS (ESPECIALLY NIGERIAN) IS THAT, THE GIRLS CREATED SOMETHING GOOD AND THAT'LL SERVE MANKIND IF REALLY HARNESSED. EVEN IF THEY GOT THE INVENTION FROM THE INTERNET, TO MAKE SOMETHING OF IT AT THAT AGE IS SOMETHING WORTH APPLAUDING. OUR POLITICIAN ONLY LEARN HOW TO HARM MANKIND WITH THEIR INGENUITY, IF THEY'VE GOT ANY.
NOW SEE THE DIFFERENCE? ALL PEOPLE THAT DO WELL NEED IS ENCOURAGEMENT. IS THAT TO MUCH TO ASK FOR?

One of the things Jesus taught his disciples was how some small seemingly insignificant stuff was really more important than what most people considered important. The pharises preached that disobeying the sabbath and such thing sins were the biigest sins but Jesus corrected them and made them see that unforgiveness, pride and hate were far worse and most destructive.

Many of you have become so used to lying that it means nothing anymore. You think that when a politician collects bribe in Aso Rock, he has committed the biggest of crimes but what you don't realise is that everything the politicians do is based on the mindset we are debating here right now. You cannot come on TV or news print and lie about something you didn't do or don't have and think it means nothing. If you can do that, you can do anything else. It is about what your conscience can accommodate. That is why I insist that that principal is as bad as any politician out there. I will excuse the girls because they were just being carried along. The principal knows that pushing 14year olds in front would make it sensational. If you go and ask those girls basic questions in physics, you will be very disappointed. It isn't right we should be like this. I participated in science competitions in school and would love to see these girls do well. But not in a scam way like this. It isn't right at all.
Re: Nigerian Girls Invent Urine-powered Generator by dapojaja(m): 5:29pm On Nov 08, 2012
obadiah777: the urine of someone who has just shacked ogogoro will pafuka that generator oooo grin in fact it can catch fire. ogogoro is flammable

Meeeeeeeeeeeeeen! I've been wondering what can be done to enhance the invention, just exactly what we need, PARAGA. Otherwise, uhm., urine will hv 2 be subsidised to get it constantly & cheaply available.
Re: Nigerian Girls Invent Urine-powered Generator by Gnosticmovement(m): 5:30pm On Nov 08, 2012
cool hmmm..lets view this from different angles....
1..using electrolysis to breakdown urea to produce hydrogen which is den used as fuel isnt new..so its not an invention....
2...still wondering how a petrol engine is converted to be able to burn and also regulate d combustion of hydrogen gas which is very flammable...lets say dey did it but cmon!! 14 year olds ?already with such deep knowledge of fluid mechanics, engines ....kk dey are geniuses...buh a genius would know that ELECTRICITY ISNT MEASURED IN HOURS....lwkmd...wat are u powering for 6hours..is it an LED ...
3...i dont think theres enuff pressure in dat setup of thiers to push d gas from d cylinder in2 d gen...
4...if this setup of thiers works and they didnt have help from any engnr or so...and it can deliver electrical energy dat can power d bulb for 6 hours..then dey are gurus...

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Girls Invent Urine-powered Generator by Pain(m): 5:38pm On Nov 08, 2012
Wow. I Foresee a Rise In Kidnapping with this Invention. In fact a return to slave trading ! Ask me the correlation?
Cultivating Humans on "Piss Farms" . U no say Nigerian Girls too like to piss. Most Nigerian Girls I dated in the past loved to piss. Infact anytime they are at the peak.They keep screaming " I Wan P******. Nija Girls Sef..Una too like Piss. Wait a minute..My Glass is empty. Need to top up..Kinda of drunk i must confess
Re: Nigerian Girls Invent Urine-powered Generator by Nobody: 5:39pm On Nov 08, 2012
Gnosticmovement: cool hmmm..lets view this from different angles....
1..using electrolysis to breakdown urea to produce hydrogen which is den used as fuel isnt new..so its not an invention....
2...still wondering how a petrol engine is converted to be able to burn and also regulate d combustion of hydrogen gas which is very flammable...lets say dey did it but cmon!! 14 year olds ?already with such deep knowledge of fluid mechanics, engines ....kk dey are geniuses...buh a genius would know that ELECTRICITY ISNT MEASURED IN HOURS....lwkmd...wat are u powering for 6hours..is it an LED ...
3...i dont think theres enuff pressure in dat setup of thiers to push d gas from d cylinder in2 d gen...
4...if this setup of thiers works and they didnt have help from any engnr or so...and it can deliver electrical energy dat can power d bulb for 6 hours..then dey are gurus...

Your analysis/breakdown is completely misplaced at best!
Re: Nigerian Girls Invent Urine-powered Generator by Nobody: 5:41pm On Nov 08, 2012
can animal urine be use apart from human being
Re: Nigerian Girls Invent Urine-powered Generator by megainvest: 5:43pm On Nov 08, 2012
It would have been nice if true but you don't even have to look far. Check out this thread from 2009 here on nairaland: https://www.nairaland.com/297781/urine-powered-hydrogen-fuelled-cars
It's a nice experiment but "INVENTION" may not be appropriate at this time.

Well done girls and more traffic to nairaland!

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Girls Invent Urine-powered Generator by SeanDre(m): 5:44pm On Nov 08, 2012
bright007: ...boobsqee or whatever you call yourself,I have always known that you did not attend classes when you were in pry school but don't know if you have turned a new leaf now that you are in secondary school....
Now listen attentively....I âm not doubting the theory nor the possibility of this invention but that these gurls are 14-15 years of age and are Nigerians....its either they lied about their age or they are not Nigerians..
A Nigerian at age 14-15 would still be in secondary school or just finished secondary school where theory and knowledge needed to bring about such an invention such as a urine-powered generator is far beyond their scope.

This only shows how low some Nigerians think of themselves. I guess while in school you are the kinda student that only learn wteva the teacher has to say. This is ict age, and learning really has no walls. And pls when you refer to Nigeria on Educational issues don't generalize cuz we know some/most are educationally disadvantaged and backward. Maybe that's where you are coming from.
In the West we are proud to lead whilst others follow.

Btw, would you post this crap above if it says the girls are Japanese
Re: Nigerian Girls Invent Urine-powered Generator by johndavid1(m): 5:50pm On Nov 08, 2012
menix:
Tot I was. D only 1 dat noticed dis. As I tuck in my rod back d machine container holla "Thank you for banking.wiv us"
hahahahahahahahahaha very funny grin grin grin grin
Re: Nigerian Girls Invent Urine-powered Generator by pat077: 5:51pm On Nov 08, 2012
na wash.
Re: Nigerian Girls Invent Urine-powered Generator by Lagusta(m): 5:51pm On Nov 08, 2012
topsyking: RUBBISH invention....

#smh

#bigot

#retardeen
Re: Nigerian Girls Invent Urine-powered Generator by pat077: 5:52pm On Nov 08, 2012
na wash. They need our attention.
Re: Nigerian Girls Invent Urine-powered Generator by Owaabeo: 5:53pm On Nov 08, 2012
Yourober ppl una own don better, una don fine oil from your ppl body cheesy grin cheesy
Re: Nigerian Girls Invent Urine-powered Generator by Owaabeo: 5:56pm On Nov 08, 2012
The only urine that can power this na ewedu and amala urin, nothing more. donate ur urin here by order by VIO
Re: Nigerian Girls Invent Urine-powered Generator by Balkan(m): 5:59pm On Nov 08, 2012
Owaabeo: Yourober ppl una own don better, una don fine oil from your ppl body cheesy grin cheesy

Laugh wan kill me. They will be agitating for Oduduwa republic

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Girls Invent Urine-powered Generator by rman: 6:08pm On Nov 08, 2012
bright007: ...boobsqee or whatever you call yourself,I have always known that you did not attend classes when you were in pry school but don't know if you have turned a new leaf now that you are in secondary school....
Now listen attentively....I âm not doubting the theory nor the possibility of this invention but that these gurls are 14-15 years of age and are Nigerians....its either they lied about their age or they are not Nigerians..
A Nigerian at age 14-15 would still be in secondary school or just finished secondary school where theory and knowledge needed to bring about such an invention such as a urine-powered generator is far beyond their scope.

You are wrong.

JETS club and national competition threw up better stuffs than this in late 80's till mid 90's and it was on TV

It is unfortunate that what we get to see on TV these days are mainly talent shows promoting singing, dancing and acting.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Girls Invent Urine-powered Generator by obowunmi(m): 6:08pm On Nov 08, 2012
This to me is very gross.
Re: Nigerian Girls Invent Urine-powered Generator by PAGAN9JA(m): 6:14pm On Nov 08, 2012
Okija they are kids and girls at the end of the day. plz consider that you dont have to be rude and vulgar towards these kids. undecided

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Girls Invent Urine-powered Generator by Decryptor(m): 6:18pm On Nov 08, 2012
bright007: there is something fishy about this story...the four inventors are in the range of 14-15 years of age and are from Nigeria....a country where even our Professors cant produce tooth-pick...which school did this gurls attend?...so many kwessions to ask about this crap of a story?
I thot i was the one who notuced. The story isn't just right
Re: Nigerian Girls Invent Urine-powered Generator by Vincent000(m): 6:18pm On Nov 08, 2012
Cleanman: who the hell are you?...**southafrican accent***
Dont mind the idiat, maybe he is an alien
Re: Nigerian Girls Invent Urine-powered Generator by SeanDre(m): 6:22pm On Nov 08, 2012
omenziate: So pple actually believe dis nonsense, 14 to 15 yrs should b in secondary school wit basic biology, a research to produce dis would require an advanced knowledge of biology, fluid mechanics and some engineering. Abeg, make dem park for some where, one prof or mayb research student actually did dis and credited it to d girls.

Well!, I don't really blame you. Once you guys opened the thread and it wasn't what you expected,all you could do is beef. Even the respected one(s) amongst you cldnt hide it, all he cld say was .(Fullstop) . I won't dwell much on it sha, while some girls are learning, some older aunties are busy doing this

https://www.nairaland.com/1095744/student-hospitalized-after-outing-facebook/1
Re: Nigerian Girls Invent Urine-powered Generator by otokx(m): 6:39pm On Nov 08, 2012
when i saw borax this and the other that then i knew something was wrong.
Re: Nigerian Girls Invent Urine-powered Generator by Nobody: 7:03pm On Nov 08, 2012
idiatas inc ;the ones makn stiipid jokes@the children,the ones making tribal jokes @the children,the ones beefn for beefs sakes.@the young ones do not loose focus,u've started well n have a solid foundation,in life ull meet bullies like idiatas on the forum,ull need them because without them there wont be the constant urge to excel n prove them wrong,ull meet the naysayers,dont listen to them,they die everyday,no one knows their names,they played safe,lived hollow and died unsung,ull meet the envious,because they had dreams once but were full of fear,missed luck ,they are sad sad pple..incase any of u is readin this nairaland,always stay focused

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Girls Invent Urine-powered Generator by bright007(f): 7:15pm On Nov 08, 2012
Sean Dre:

This only shows how low some Nigerians think of themselves. I guess while in school you are the kinda student that only learn wteva the teacher has to say. This is ict age, and learning really has no walls. And pls when you refer to Nigeria on Educational issues don't generalize cuz we know some/most are educationally disadvantaged and backward. Maybe that's where you are coming from.
In the West we are proud to lead whilst others follow.

Btw, would you post this crap above if it says the girls are Japanese
.....west ko...east ni....pls just name one thing that has been invented by by students aged 14-15 from the west since Nigeria gained independence...Don't come here and post crap of one copy-copy science experiment ooo...Give me an example of an invention that is nationally recognised.
Re: Nigerian Girls Invent Urine-powered Generator by snthesis(m): 7:18pm On Nov 08, 2012
whats d point of this debate
the question shud be did the invention/machine run on pee, if yes then the girls need to be applauded, shikena!!!

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Girls Invent Urine-powered Generator by twilliamx(m): 7:23pm On Nov 08, 2012
belhomme:
see d face of an average brain... poor u
Confirmed..you go no say d guy na dream killer..
Re: Nigerian Girls Invent Urine-powered Generator by bright007(f): 7:28pm On Nov 08, 2012
rman:

You are wrong.

JETS club and national competition threw up better stuffs than this in late 80's till mid 90's and it was on TV

It is unfortunate that what we get to see on TV these days are mainly talent shows promoting singing, dancing and acting.
..stop exhibiting foolishness here jare....when I was in ss3,I was a member of Jet club where we constructed a ll manners of devices ranging from fridge,fan,toys etc.
Most of us did not even understand the principle behind these technologies but we were guarded by our secondary school physics teacher who did most of d work.
The best Nigeria has ever done is try to copy what others have done in other countries,and still finds it difficult to do.
We have not been able to invent anything capable of solving a global problem..mtchewww.
Re: Nigerian Girls Invent Urine-powered Generator by Gnosticmovement(m): 7:30pm On Nov 08, 2012
engineerd:

Your analysis/breakdown is completely misplaced at best!
ur sense of understanding is also misplaced...mtseew..engineer my foot

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

People Share Their Experiences Starting This Generator (Photo) / Residents Gather As Elephants Are Spotted In Kebbi. See What Happened. Photos / What's This Light Travelling In The Sky? (photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.