Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,193,954 members, 7,952,840 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 05:08 AM

Stammering Is Killing Me - I Can't Even Talk To A Woman - Please Advice - Health (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Stammering Is Killing Me - I Can't Even Talk To A Woman - Please Advice (23460 Views)

Please Any Remedy For Stammering / HERBS For Permanent Cure For STAMMERING/STUTTERING / Any Cure For Stammering? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Stammering Is Killing Me - I Can't Even Talk To A Woman - Please Advice by teric(m): 8:46pm On Nov 10, 2012
@OP, I do stammer like you and sometime its seems to relegates me to the background because i found it difficult associating with friends and this has so many effects on me. But one day i told myself that i know i stammer and that no longer news to my friends and family members so why do i hide and keep quite when my contribution is needed somewhere. what did i do?. I learn to control my speech when speaking and when it gets to words difficult for me to pronounce, i stop and simply take a deep breath before continuing my speech, lo and behold i discover that my rate of stammering reduce drastically and now i can confidently make presentation in places without considering my stammering nature. In summary, put the stammering behind you and see yourself as every other person and over time it will be history. God help you my friend.

3 Likes

Re: Stammering Is Killing Me - I Can't Even Talk To A Woman - Please Advice by Super1759: 8:46pm On Nov 10, 2012
This thread made me remember that I was a stammerer before.
Seriously,I don't know how I overcame it. One of the things I know I was doing then in school was to ask the teacher questions after class. Weather relevant or not. And I killed the "lack of self confidence" and its gone

2 Likes

Re: Stammering Is Killing Me - I Can't Even Talk To A Woman - Please Advice by Nobody: 8:48pm On Nov 10, 2012
tobechi74: I here T B JOSHUA CURES STAMERErS
fo fo fo where? Who who oo te tell you you da da dat one? Why why I I'm ne ne ne ne va cure my o o o own si si si since?

1 Like

Re: Stammering Is Killing Me - I Can't Even Talk To A Woman - Please Advice by Nobody: 8:49pm On Nov 10, 2012
berem: fo fo fo where? Who who oo te tell you you da da dat one? Why why I I'm ne ne ne ne va cure my o o o own si si si since?
you dey craze, wallahi!!! grin grin grin
Re: Stammering Is Killing Me - I Can't Even Talk To A Woman - Please Advice by Pakavy(m): 8:51pm On Nov 10, 2012
tobechi74: I here T B JOSHUA CURES STAMERErS
r!r!!r!!!u!u!!u!!! Seri..ssse...seriou..us?

1 Like

Re: Stammering Is Killing Me - I Can't Even Talk To A Woman - Please Advice by Nobody: 8:52pm On Nov 10, 2012
Super1759: This thread made me remember that I was a stammerer before.
Seriously,I don't know how I overcame it. One of the things I know I was doing then in school was to ask the teacher questions after class. Weather relevant or not. And I killed the "lack of self confidence" and its gone
your o o o o own be be t t better o! God a a a be be beg help me me too! Di di dis my own don tooooo mu mu much!
Re: Stammering Is Killing Me - I Can't Even Talk To A Woman - Please Advice by Elebiju: 8:53pm On Nov 10, 2012
thegoodjoehunt: There used to be a stammerer in my school whose case was serious. He actually used to bang the table while answering questions. Later a teacher in my school told him that her case used to be worse than his own and gave him a little tip.

After the boy followed the tip, he actually stopped stammering. To the point that we use to laugh with him saying that we can't believe he used to stammer.

The Tip:

Breathe in deeply before you talk and talk with split phrases.
Like,

I went to the // breathe // market. // breathe // I saw Mary // breathe // and she // breathe // really looked good.

Try it, you will see you won't be stammering. With time it will be a thing of the past. It worked wonders for my friend.
my mum used to help me with this too but na same thing o till I learn to control it thru self confidence

1 Like

Re: Stammering Is Killing Me - I Can't Even Talk To A Woman - Please Advice by trigar12(m): 8:53pm On Nov 10, 2012
@OP i heard drinking water from BELL(OGHENE) for five month consistently can make you talk wella without stammering.
Re: Stammering Is Killing Me - I Can't Even Talk To A Woman - Please Advice by Nobody: 8:55pm On Nov 10, 2012
ItsModella:
you dey craze, wallahi!!! grin grin grin
wey wey weeeey tin I I I do na? Shey maaaaake I no no no no tal talk my mind ag ag again?
Re: Stammering Is Killing Me - I Can't Even Talk To A Woman - Please Advice by Nobody: 8:57pm On Nov 10, 2012
You can still be what you want to be. Take a cue from Rochas Okorocha, Governor of Imo state... Never lose focus brother. I feel your pains. You can express yourself eloquently in english from the way you posted this. Just take things slowly and you would surely acheive your dreams. It is well
Re: Stammering Is Killing Me - I Can't Even Talk To A Woman - Please Advice by Nobody: 8:58pm On Nov 10, 2012
trigar12: @OP i heard drinking water from BELL(OGHENE) for five month consistently can make you talk wella without stammering.
no no no b b be only bell naaa ala ala ala alaaaa alarm clock! Mtscheeew!
Re: Stammering Is Killing Me - I Can't Even Talk To A Woman - Please Advice by Elebiju: 8:58pm On Nov 10, 2012
Reuben2012: hii guy, am also a ternor singer and i want to improve on my voice pls i need u to give me some tips on how to be a good ternor singer may be u can tutor me i really mean it cos i was told by my choirmaaster that i am a worse ternor singer and i want to prove him wrong. pls kindly reply me back thanks,u can add me on 2go with etomize25, my facebook is lekan gbadamosi.thanks looking forward for ur responds. thanks man.
tell ur choir coordinator to go to hades if he doesn't believe in u,I can help u with some voice training but it depends on ur determination and don't expect to do falsetto in a month and I need to access ur technical knowledge add me on FB elebiju isaiah
Re: Stammering Is Killing Me - I Can't Even Talk To A Woman - Please Advice by KINGwax(m): 8:58pm On Nov 10, 2012
kpolli:

Then write motivation books
to God in heaven, i respect you. I love intelligent people. You're a problem solver!
But u knw the part where he said he wanna be a motivational speaker killed the whole story. He only wanted to make the matter worse. I think he's lying but supposing he is not, you've solve a problem there. Be an inventor. Think more.
Re: Stammering Is Killing Me - I Can't Even Talk To A Woman - Please Advice by uboma(m): 8:58pm On Nov 10, 2012
alienware: what do u mean he should stop looking for a man of God to help him ? God has the right connection to help him

the answer to the op's problem lies in his hands. Like i said b4, he shouldn't even think of seeking help frm a 'man of god' coz none of the fake so called men of god can help him. Let the op pour out his heart to God for God will listen to him. Any one can approach God in prayer through Jesus Christ, thats the gift he gave to mankind. So if u have any useful info that will help the op, pls spill it and stop insisting that the op shod meet a 'mog'.
Re: Stammering Is Killing Me - I Can't Even Talk To A Woman - Please Advice by Nobody: 9:01pm On Nov 10, 2012
I don't know if this MYTH is true o! I heard if a Soldier slaps a stammarer he will learn how to talk fast.abeg shey na true?
Re: Stammering Is Killing Me - I Can't Even Talk To A Woman - Please Advice by mcevans1(m): 9:02pm On Nov 10, 2012
berem: fo fo fo where? Who who oo te tell you you da da dat one? Why why I I'm ne ne ne ne va cure my o o o own si si si since?

LWTMB Oh. grin grin grin
Re: Stammering Is Killing Me - I Can't Even Talk To A Woman - Please Advice by Pakavy(m): 9:03pm On Nov 10, 2012
Booty4me: Op take 2shot of Garri Dailly.
careful bro,i hav this stammerer dat talks with his hands when his speech bcoms epileptic.op myt hav a lyk disposition..@op try buying a canary bird and spend quality tym mimicing it blive me u wuld get ova ur problem in no tym
Re: Stammering Is Killing Me - I Can't Even Talk To A Woman - Please Advice by Elebiju: 9:03pm On Nov 10, 2012
This thread is just to make jest of stammerers like me,this guy is not a stammerer cos by the look of things he seems to be a dyslexic,most stammerers are intelligent and brilliant people,I see my stammering as a gift cos it has never been a problem for me infact I'm proud to be a stammerer

2 Likes

Re: Stammering Is Killing Me - I Can't Even Talk To A Woman - Please Advice by Etumgbe(m): 9:06pm On Nov 10, 2012
If u see any girl u like just tell her I lo lo lo lo lo and u will be surprised how d girl will pity u and love u back. Gud luck.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Stammering Is Killing Me - I Can't Even Talk To A Woman - Please Advice by Lordave: 9:08pm On Nov 10, 2012
It's a pity your post was even full of stutter. Just take a deep breath before u talk or type.
Re: Stammering Is Killing Me - I Can't Even Talk To A Woman - Please Advice by Clemzy16(m): 9:09pm On Nov 10, 2012
[b]Stammering or stuttering is a very big disease. It can come as a result of heriditary, laughing or immitating a chronic stammerer. From experience, i was stammering back in primary school. It usually come and goes. I however did my best to ensure that i get over it and thank God today i'm no more stammering. Like i earlier stated, One of the causes in heriditary. just like my case. It's flows in the family. Though i still have siblings that stammers. Infact two of them(males) are chronic stammerers. They got it from my dad, even his siblings(my aunt and uncle) often stammers but it only shows when they're either shouting or arguing. Even my cousin also stammers. It is a very bad virus and sometimes i feel for them. The effects is the worst. I don't need to name them. The op has already listed some. But the solution i know that is capable of reducing and possibly eliminating stammering is..
Self confidence: Believe in yourself, always say i'm not a stammerer convinously.
Faith: Your belief in God cannot be ruled out; always pray for yourself. It is my belief in God that has brought me out of this mess.
Fluency: Learn to communicate in fluent english. It'll go a long way in helping you. Ever wondered why stammerers don't stammer when singing. Breath-control: always maintain you breath and learn to speak slowly.
Wish you all the Best.[/b]

1 Like

Re: Stammering Is Killing Me - I Can't Even Talk To A Woman - Please Advice by Pakavy(m): 9:10pm On Nov 10, 2012
berem: no no no b b be only bell naaa ala ala ala alaaaa alarm clock! Mtscheeew!
bu bu b but shh shay i t tee tell u u ss ssay i lo lo lo lov ve u b bbuut u say say say me b b b stamma marer!
Re: Stammering Is Killing Me - I Can't Even Talk To A Woman - Please Advice by freecocoa(f): 9:11pm On Nov 10, 2012
My boyfriend stammers but e be like say this your own is of an entirely different level.
Well he tries to relax as much as possible when talking, he doesn't rush the talk at all and I guess that helps.
Just take it easy sha.
Btw do people really outgrow stammering?

1 Like

Re: Stammering Is Killing Me - I Can't Even Talk To A Woman - Please Advice by Nobody: 9:15pm On Nov 10, 2012
freestuffsonnet: No Phone Conversation [people are afraid of burning their air time

I'm very sorry but this is fu-cking hysterics

Re: Stammering Is Killing Me - I Can't Even Talk To A Woman - Please Advice by Nobody: 9:16pm On Nov 10, 2012
Elebiju: This thread is just to make jest of stammerers like me,this guy is not a stammerer cos by the look of things he seems to be a dyslexic,most stammerers are intelligent and brilliant people,I see my stammering as a gift cos it has never been a problem for me infact I'm proud to be a stammerer
Bros I am also a stammerer! Infact my kid brother also stammers.I am also proud to be one.nothing do you.
Re: Stammering Is Killing Me - I Can't Even Talk To A Woman - Please Advice by Nobody: 9:19pm On Nov 10, 2012
Pakavy: bu bu b but shh shay i t tee tell u u ss ssay i lo lo lo lov ve u b bbuut u say say say me b b b stamma marer!
shey you never hear say if man and woman wey dey stammer marry each other,their children no go fit talk?
Re: Stammering Is Killing Me - I Can't Even Talk To A Woman - Please Advice by Idowuogbo(f): 9:23pm On Nov 10, 2012
berem: shey you never hear say if man and woman wey dey stammer marry each other,their children no go fit talk?
Kai! Dis gal don kolo I swear! grin grin

1 Like

Re: Stammering Is Killing Me - I Can't Even Talk To A Woman - Please Advice by solid3(m): 9:23pm On Nov 10, 2012
thegoodjoehunt: There used to be a stammerer in my school whose case was serious. He actually used to bang the table (kick d chair, hit d wall, stamp his leg on d ground, jeez!) while answering questions. Later a teacher in my school told him that her case used to be worse than his own and gave him a little tip.

This is too funny, just imagine how he wld do dat in d presence of a new NYSC teacher!
Oro buruku ati erin. . .
*smh*

My advice is, u have to take care of anxiety. If u masurbate, u may have to stop. Relax when u talk, do not be intimidated by anyone, just relax and enjoy ur conversakxion.

I wish u Patience and Goodluck.
Re: Stammering Is Killing Me - I Can't Even Talk To A Woman - Please Advice by Nobody: 9:23pm On Nov 10, 2012
Try to swallow an uncut whole pawpaw to clear your throat.it helps a lot.
Re: Stammering Is Killing Me - I Can't Even Talk To A Woman - Please Advice by fapcrook(m): 9:24pm On Nov 10, 2012
Booty4me: Op take 2shot of Garri Dailly.
dddrrryyýyy comment
Re: Stammering Is Killing Me - I Can't Even Talk To A Woman - Please Advice by fapcrook(m): 9:26pm On Nov 10, 2012
kpolli:

Then write motivation books
motivational books
Re: Stammering Is Killing Me - I Can't Even Talk To A Woman - Please Advice by Elebiju: 9:28pm On Nov 10, 2012
freecocoa: My boyfriend stammers but e be like say this your own is of an entirely different level.
Well he tries to relax as much as possible when talking, he doesn't rush the talk at all and I guess that helps.
Just take it easy sha.
Btw do people really outgrow stammering?
thanks for the observation o the guy is not a stammerer jawe like I said he is suffering from dyslexia,my paternal grandparents are stammerers likewise my parents,my elder sister is way past stammering now same for my elder bro who was a hardcore stammerer,I used to be the worst of em all due to my troublesome nature ehn I can argue till Jesus come and stuttering has not stopped me from dating the best of babes,let's have a phone chat if anybody doubts me.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

5 Reasons Why Farting Is Good For You! / Do Ultrasound Scans Sparingly - Doctors Warn Pregnant Women On Hazards / Health Mistakes You Didn't Know You Were Making

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.