Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,841 members, 7,810,240 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 01:37 AM

Ten Questions For Religious People. - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Ten Questions For Religious People. (2422 Views)

TEN QUESTIONS That Christians Can Never Answer / Ten Questions To Theists / Question For Atheists And Religious People (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ten Questions For Religious People. by Frostyzone(m): 8:46am On Nov 09, 2012
Not meant to be insulting or anything, just asking.

1. Why did God create the world in 6 days? Why not just instantly do it all in one day if he was all powerful?
2. If God has a plan for us then why pray at all?
3. Why did God punish Adam and Eve for doing wrong if they did not know the difference between right and wrong?
4. Where did God come from?
5. How does a virgin get pregnant?
6. Did God create sin?
7. Why are there so many religion with each one claiming to be the only true one?
8. Between Isaac and Ismael, which one was the legitimate son of Abraham?
9. Why are there no chairs in mosques?
10. What status does Jesus hold in Islam. And what status does Mohammed hold in Christianity?
You don't need to answer all, just attempt one that you know.

1 Like

Re: Ten Questions For Religious People. by true2(m): 3:37pm On Nov 09, 2012
cc
Re: Ten Questions For Religious People. by true2(m): 3:41pm On Nov 09, 2012
The questions you ask here are complete studies within their own scope. I have answered them in one sentence, which gives no proof, or explanation too them.

1) You need to ask him.
2) His plan is for humans to serve him...at this point we need his help.
3) He told them not to do that one thing...they knew not to.
4) He did not come from anywhere. He always was.
5) It has been recorded in our time, some women do get pregnant without having sex.
6) No.
7) Religion were created by Satan, not God.
cool Ismale. But, he sold his birth right for a boal of soup.
9) Bowing is their position of prayer. Women are in the back, so men will not look up their butts.
10)The believe Jesus is just a prophe. In Islam, Jesus is to return, rais Mohammed from the dead, bow to him, and all people will become Muslims. All but me. I
will always be Christain.

I do not like this program...It put in a funny face on 8, which I did not.

1 Like

Re: Ten Questions For Religious People. by Niflheim(m): 3:51pm On Nov 09, 2012
@true?,the answer you gave for number 9 is very funny and yet very true!!!
Re: Ten Questions For Religious People. by Frostyzone(m): 5:41pm On Nov 09, 2012
true?:

The questions you ask here are complete studies within their own scope. I have answered them in one sentence, which gives no proof, or explanation too them.

1) You need to ask him.
2) His plan is for humans to serve him...at this point we need his help.
3) He told them not to do that one thing...they knew not to.
4) He did not come from anywhere. He always was.
5) It has been recorded in our time, some women do get pregnant without having sex.
6) No.
7) Religion were created by Satan, not God.
cool Ismale. But, he sold his birth right for a boal of soup.
9) Bowing is their position of prayer. Women are in the back, so men will not look up their butts.
10)The believe Jesus is just a prophe. In Islam, Jesus is to return, rais Mohammed from the dead, bow to him, and all people will become Muslims. All but me. I
will always be Christain.

I do not like this program...It put in a funny face on 8, which I did not.
In all your answers, only number 10 made sense to me.
You said that I should ask him why it took him 6 days to create the earth. But how can I do so when I don't even know where he's from or if he even exist...which brings me to question number 4.
Your answer was that he always existed. Well, that didn't help me at all. It was like answering a question with a question. You need to tell me why and how you came to that conclusion.
At number 6 I asked if God created sin, you said no. Well according to the bible God created lucifer who in turn created sin. So by my logic God created sin by proxy.
Your number 5 attempt seems reasonable only if artificial insemination was possible during the B.Cs. But it wasn't, was it? Nope.
You mixed the mark entirely at number 8 attempt. You were talking about Esau and Jacob, while I asked about Isaac and Ismael.
I can't make out what you meant at number 10. Maybe you should try to clarify your self next time.
All the same, cheers for trying at all.

1 Like

Re: Ten Questions For Religious People. by ijawkid(m): 7:29pm On Nov 09, 2012
Frostyzone:
1. Why did God create the world in 6 days? Why not just instantly do it all in one day if he was all powerful?

I think einsten has got an answer to this your question.....I quote him

"One good reason for time is so that everything
doesn't happen at once.""

God being all powerful does not mean he is disorderly......

Frostyzone:

It is like asking why we ask our earthly parents for things we need when we already know they got plans for us......praying to God is to show we have implicit trust in Him(God) that he'll give us what we need and that he is the source of evry good thing......

Frostyzone:

3. Why did God punish Adam and Eve for doing wrong if they did not know the difference between right and wrong?

Adam and eve knew what was wrong and right....God had already laid down precepts for them to adhere to......eat from the fruit(death),don't eat(life)....adam and eve made there choice and ofcus suffered the consequences.....

Frostyzone:

God didn't come from anywhere or anything..he has no beginning...

Frostyzone:

Miraculously through Gods spirit......(Holy spirit is not a person but Gods power)

Frostyzone:

6. Did God create sin?
No he didn't .........God only created perfect beings who chose to sin......

Frostyzone:

7. Why are there so many religion with each one claiming to be the only true one?
There are so many religions because there is a God everyone is trying to get in touch with........and yes each one is claiming to be true.......but one has to prove to himself which is the true religion......

4 Likes

Re: Ten Questions For Religious People. by Todaynatoday: 7:32pm On Nov 09, 2012
Frostyzone: Not meant to be insulting or anything, just asking.

INVALID QUESTION.....ERROR....CAN'T READ GOD'S MIND.
Frostyzone:
BECAUSE YOU OUGHT TO PRAY WITHOUT CEASING. STOP ASKING QUESTIONS AND JUST PRAY!
Frostyzone:
THEY DID KNOW! THEY WERE TOLD NOT TO EAT FROM THE TREE OF KNOWLEDGE BUT THEY WILFULLY DISOBEYED.
Frostyzone:
ERROR.......ERROR........ERROR........ERROR.......PROCESSING.......20%.........80%.............ERROR........ #KA-BOOM!#
Frostyzone:
I ASSUME YOU ARE REFERRING TO THE BIRTH OF CHRIST. ONE BEING=>>> THE HOLY SPIRIT
Frostyzone:
6. Did God create sin?
NO! NO!! NO!!! THE DEVIL GOT THAT AWARD LONG AGO
Frostyzone:
NO IDEA WHY THERE ARE SO MANY RELIGION BUT THERE IS ONLY WAY TO THE FATHER=> THE SON
Frostyzone:
NO BRAINER! ISSAC........WHY? THE ONE PROMISED TO ABRAHAM BY GOD AND FROM THE TRUE WIFE OF ABRAHAM=> SARAH
Frostyzone:
WRONG QUESTION.................
RIGHT QUESTION.............WHY ARE MUSLIMS FASCINATED WITH BOMBS?
Frostyzone: 10. What status does Jesus hold in Islam. And what status does Mohammed hold in Christianity?
THEY CALL HIM A PROPHET, IN OLD TIMES SOME CALLED HIM ELIJAH, OTHERS JOHN THE BAPTIST BUT I KNOW HIM AS THE CHRIST, THE TRUE SON OF GOD. MOHAMMED HOLDS THE WANNABE STATUS, HE STILL HAS A LONG WAY TO GO
Frostyzone: .
You don't need to answer all, just attempt one that you know.
I ANSWERED ALL. ANY PRIZE?

1 Like

Re: Ten Questions For Religious People. by Frostyzone(m): 10:10pm On Nov 09, 2012
Interesting answers guys. But I'm still in the dark, lol.
Re: Ten Questions For Religious People. by ogoamaka99(m): 12:38am On Nov 10, 2012
@ frostyzone,
Before i answer your questions, i want you to answer this question, WHERE DO YOU CAME FROM? That is how do you arrive to this world?

1 Like

Re: Ten Questions For Religious People. by BERNIMOORE: 1:30am On Nov 10, 2012
Because he is the master,he works independently and exclusively,he does not need frostyzone to tell him what to do!
who is talking of plan a? we owe him prayer if not for anything but for our precious lives not as a goat or chicken but as intelligent humans!we want to show ourself gratefull!
because after giving them a freewill to choose btw right and wrong, he has to stamp his authority GBAMMMM!
he got no beggining and end,but it will be difficult for a 5/6 ft tall persons like u,bacause God who creates the universe containing some awe inspiring galaxies programmed in such an inteligent ways,his reasonings cant be comprehend by mere humans,so his existence is more than our brain to comprehend that he is ever-existing!
through holy spirit!
6. Did God create sin?
no,but God did give his laws,and if broken,it becomes a sin!
because of imperfect state of humans,of which very soon,the ferfect state will be restored,and only obedient mankind will be worshiping God in truth and spirit!no diff religion!
isaac!

the question should be directed to the muslims,its a mistake to ask such here!
10. What status does Jesus hold in Islam. And what status does Mohammed hold in Christianity?
there is nothing that connects jesus with islam,and mohammed was not a debate or a refference in christianity! thanks,your questions are too cheap!

1 Like

Re: Ten Questions For Religious People. by tpia1: 3:32am On Nov 10, 2012
Frostyzone: Interesting answers guys. But I'm still in the dark, lol.

yes, you do seem confused.
Re: Ten Questions For Religious People. by Frostyzone(m): 6:24am On Nov 10, 2012
ogoamaka99: @ frostyzone,
Before i answer your questions, i want you to answer this question, WHERE DO YOU CAME FROM? That is how do you arrive to this world?
From the womb of my mother. It has been scientifically proven that man evolved from apes. so Accepting that we are created by an entity is kind of a long leap.

1 Like

Re: Ten Questions For Religious People. by Frostyzone(m): 6:30am On Nov 10, 2012
tpia1:

yes, you do seem confused.
No need to be unnecessary offensive. I asked a question, and if you couldn't answer that just like everyone else, then why bother to post at all?

1 Like

Re: Ten Questions For Religious People. by ijawkid(m): 6:51am On Nov 10, 2012
Frostyzone:
From the womb of my mother. It has been scientifically proven that man evolved from apes. so Accepting that we are created by an entity is kind of a long leap.

Is it that we evolved from apes or that we share common ancestors??....
Re: Ten Questions For Religious People. by Todaynatoday: 7:16am On Nov 10, 2012
Frostyzone:
Scientifically proven?
Where and when did it happen?
Where did the apes come from? (abi dem self evolve from fish)
Which animal did all the other species of animals evolve from? (aves? Fishes? Insects? Reptiles? Amphibians? Etc etc etc)
If we evolved from apes, WHY THEN HAVE WE STOPPED EVOLVING?!!! (at least we should have super powers by now.........erm...........like superman abi now?)
Re: Ten Questions For Religious People. by Frostyzone(m): 7:20am On Nov 10, 2012
ijawkid:

Is it that we evolved from apes or that we share common ancestors??....

Both.
Re: Ten Questions For Religious People. by Frostyzone(m): 7:49am On Nov 10, 2012
Todaynatoday: Scientifically proven?
Where and when did it happen?
Where did the apes come from? (abi dem self evolve from fish)
Which animal did all the other species of animals evolve from? (aves? Fishes? Insects? Reptiles? Amphibians? Etc etc etc)
If we evolved from apes, WHY THEN HAVE WE STOPPED EVOLVING?!!! (at least we should have super powers by now.........erm...........like superman abi now?)
According to science, all life started from the sea. And no, we haven't stopped evolving. If the earth is still around in another thousand years, homo sapiens will become homo something-else.
Another discovery that further discredited the creation story was the dinosaurs fossils that were discovered by archeologist.
Now according to the bible, God never created those, yet according to museums they were here once upon a time. Logically which one are you compelled to believe?
And again, Since Adam and Eve were supposedly the first man and woman, wouldn't it make more sense if we, their decendants look all alike. Like for example have the same skin colour, hair, eyes, etc.
Science has a better explanation for that; evolution.

1 Like

Re: Ten Questions For Religious People. by Todaynatoday: 7:56am On Nov 10, 2012
Frostyzone:
According to science, all life started from the sea. And no, we haven't stopped evolving. If the earth is still around in another thousand years, homo sapiens will become homo something-else.
Another discovery that further discredited the creation story was the dinosaurs fossils that were discovered by archeologist.
Now according to the bible, God never created those, yet according to museums they were here once upon a time. Logically which one are you compelled to believe?
And again, Since Adam and Eve were supposedly the first man and woman, wouldn't it make more sense if we, their decendants look all alike. Like for example have the same skin colour, hair, eyes, etc.
Science has a better explanation for that; evolution.

hahahahahahaha
In the next two thousand years man would become homo apo (we'll revert back to ape form) and then we'll evolve back to homo sapien and in another two thousand years homo apo and the cycle continues.
Lets get serious
Do you really think life has no purpose?
Re: Ten Questions For Religious People. by ijawkid(m): 8:16am On Nov 10, 2012
Frostyzone:
Both.

Sorry...

I didn't evolve from apes...its an insult to humankind......

This is the reason why the same white people who invented this theory calls us (africans) apes....

Can't you see that??......
Re: Ten Questions For Religious People. by Frostyzone(m): 8:27am On Nov 10, 2012
Todaynatoday: hahahahahahaha
In the next two thousand years man would become homo apo (we'll revert back to ape form) and then we'll evolve back to homo sapien and in another two thousand years homo apo and the cycle continues.
Lets get serious
Do you really think life has no purpose?
It depends on how you want to live life. Some question everything, while some go through life in a senile state.
So I would probably say life is what we make of it. In an atheistic view of life, life is meaningless to an extent and vice versa. Your purpose is to live your life to the fullest and then die. After that you will cease to exist. Life thus will continue without you. That's the meaningless aspect of it.
The meaningful part is that you will get to leave your mark to the world like legacies or such.
In a religious view, life is everything and continues even after death.
So like I said before, life is what you make of it.

1 Like

Re: Ten Questions For Religious People. by Todaynatoday: 8:39am On Nov 10, 2012
Frostyzone:
It depends on how you want to live life. Some question everything, while some go through life in a senile state.
So I would probably say life is what we make of it. In an atheistic view of life, life is meaningless to an extent and vice versa. Your purpose is to live your life to the fullest and then die. After that you will cease to exist. Life thus will continue without you. That's the meaningless aspect of it.
The meaningful part is that you will get to leave your mark to the world like legacies or such.
In a religious view, life is everything and continues even after death.
So like I said before, life is what you make of it.
so which view do you hold?
Re: Ten Questions For Religious People. by Frostyzone(m): 8:46am On Nov 10, 2012
ijawkid:

Sorry...

I didn't evolve from apes...its an insult to humankind......

This is the reason why the same white people who invented this theory calls us (africans) apes....

Can't you see that??......
That's typical denial 101 my friend. 2 known discoveries were made sometimes ago regarding our ancestors. Neanderthal and Kenyapethecus fossils were both discovered in Europe and Africa respectively. Neanderthal was an early man that eventually evolved to what we call "white men" today.
Kenyapethecus was your direct forefather whether you want to accept it or not.
So that's the scientific explanation on how we came to have black and white race in 2 distinct different continents.
Besides, it made more sense to me than the creation story that has no proof.

1 Like

Re: Ten Questions For Religious People. by Frostyzone(m): 8:50am On Nov 10, 2012
Todaynatoday: so which view do you hold?
Logically, the atheistic view made more sense. So I'm sticking with it...for now.
Re: Ten Questions For Religious People. by Todaynatoday: 9:07am On Nov 10, 2012
Frostyzone:
Logically, the atheistic view made more sense. So I'm sticking with it...for now.
why are you sticking with it for now? Why not forever? That means you don't fully believe in the evolution theory (you know, it's called theory for a reason)
Re: Ten Questions For Religious People. by Frostyzone(m): 9:28am On Nov 10, 2012
Todaynatoday: why are you sticking with it for now? Why not forever? That means you don't fully believe in the evolution theory (you know, it's called theory for a reason)
Nothing is perfect. Some more imperfect than others. Science has it's setbacks but in the thick of things for now, it's shining the brighter light than religion. We owe our maturity and modernity of today to science. Or else we would still be thinking that earth was the center of the universe.
As an atheist, I question everything and believe in what I can see or prove. So if there is no possibility that sometime extra-ordinary might happen to me tomorrow that proves otherwise, I would be happy to stick to my way of life for the time being.
Re: Ten Questions For Religious People. by Todaynatoday: 12:37pm On Nov 10, 2012
Frostyzone:
Nothing is perfect. Some more imperfect than others. Science has it's setbacks but in the thick of things for now, it's shining the brighter light than religion. We owe our maturity and modernity of today to science. Or else we would still be thinking that earth was the center of the universe.
As an atheist, I question everything and believe in what I can see or prove. So if there is no possibility that sometime extra-ordinary might happen to me tomorrow that proves otherwise, I would be happy to stick to my way of life for the time being.
Yes, science has helped us to achieve a lot, no doubt about that. But do you know that God gave us science?Do you know that every living creature was designed by a perfect being?
Now, do you feel that a big b a n g is capable of producing sentient beings?
Do you think that we came by chance and evolved to what we are today or were we created for a purpose?
Re: Ten Questions For Religious People. by ijawkid(m): 1:32pm On Nov 10, 2012
Frostyzone:
That's typical denial 101 my friend. 2 known discoveries were made sometimes ago regarding our ancestors. Neanderthal and Kenyapethecus fossils were both discovered in Europe and Africa respectively. Neanderthal was an early man that eventually evolved to what we call "white men" today.
Kenyapethecus was your direct forefather whether you want to accept it or not.
So that's the scientific explanation on how we came to have black and white race in 2 distinct different continents.
Besides, it made more sense to me than the creation story that has no proof.

What about asians??.....

How won't this gibberish make more sense to you........

""KENYApethecus"".....lol...

It should have been ""NIGERIApethecus""....

Rubbish......
Re: Ten Questions For Religious People. by Frostyzone(m): 1:57pm On Nov 10, 2012
[/quote]
Todaynatoday: Do you think that we came by chance and evolved to what we are today or were we created for a purpose?
We are here by chance. Here are my reasons; Out of all the 8 planets of the solar system, earth is the only one that is not too hot and too cold. The perfect conditions for the evolution of life. All the other planets are either too cold or too hot and too rocky or gaseous to support life, else Earth wouldn't have been the only planet revolving around the sun with intelligent life forms living in it.
Now, you would say that's because God deemed it so.
Really?
Have you ever considered the possibility that maybe, somewhere in these vast universe very far away from earth, there may be other intelligent life forms living in various earth replica planets. And those life forms may not even be of humanoid variation at that.
According to your scriptures, God created man in his own image, right?
What about those other possible alien beings that may or may not exist. Are they also of God own image?
My point is simple; The universe is vast with many possibilities. You can't simply qualify it by giving it religious connotations.
Frankly speaking, it's more complicated than that.

1 Like

Re: Ten Questions For Religious People. by Frostyzone(m): 2:11pm On Nov 10, 2012
ijawkid:

What about asians??.....

How won't this gibberish make more sense to you........

""KENYApethecus"".....lol...

It should have been ""NIGERIApethecus""....

Rubbish......
It was discovered in Kenya, hence the name.
One was also discovered in Mongolia in Asia.
These are all facts, Bro.
Accept or ignore it...your choice.
Re: Ten Questions For Religious People. by Todaynatoday: 3:50pm On Nov 10, 2012
Frostyzone: We are here by chance. Here are my reasons; Out of all the 8 planets of the solar system, earth is the only one that is not too hot and too cold. The perfect conditions for the evolution of life. All the other planets are either too cold or too hot and too rocky or gaseous to support life, else Earth wouldn't have been the only planet revolving around the sun with intelligent life forms living in it.
Now, you would say that's because God deemed it so.
Really?
Have you ever considered the possibility that maybe, somewhere in these vast universe very far away from earth, there may be other intelligent life forms living in various earth replica planets. And those life forms may not even be of humanoid variation at that.
According to your scriptures, God created man in his own image, right?
What about those other possible alien beings that may or may not exist. Are they also of God own image?
My point is simple; The universe is vast with many possibilities. You can't simply qualify it by giving it religious connotations.
Frankly speaking, it's more complicated than that.
you have been watching too many sci-fi movies. Aliens? Nah! We are all that exist in this universe, no "alien" exists no matter how vast the universe might be (even if we develop the technology to travel outside this galaxy, we will find nothing). And that's because God deemed it that way (yeah I said it).
Re: Ten Questions For Religious People. by ijawkid(m): 4:17pm On Nov 10, 2012
Frostyzone:
It was discovered in Kenya, hence the name.
One was also discovered in Mongolia in Asia.
These are all facts, Bro.
Accept or ignore it...your choice.

They are not facts my bro.....they are just theories propounded to refute the existence of God.....

Neanderthals were people....humans......they were not in any way inferior to us,so as to assume that we evolved from them....

Got that??.....

1 Like

Re: Ten Questions For Religious People. by true2(m): 3:32pm On Nov 11, 2012
Frostyzone:

Man did not come from the apes...but lets say we did. Where did the stupid ape come from?

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Critics Of The Church Are Committing The Unpardonable Sin. / Please What Religion Did Jesus Christ Practiced? / Should We Post Our Charity And Good Deeds On Social Media?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 79
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.