Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,290 members, 7,839,430 topics. Date: Friday, 24 May 2024 at 07:00 PM

Traffic -Jam In Lagos As Hawkers Are Being Arrested At Agbara By Police And Kai - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Traffic -Jam In Lagos As Hawkers Are Being Arrested At Agbara By Police And Kai (5973 Views)

See Photo: Woman Undressed By Police While Being Arrested / APC Loses Six Rep Seats In Lagos As Igbo Political Clout Grows. / Wole Soyinka Being Arrested In 1967 (pix) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Traffic -Jam In Lagos As Hawkers Are Being Arrested At Agbara By Police And Kai by GARRIx7(m): 9:47pm On Nov 10, 2012
Redmosquito: Minion:Ur Viciousness! What is wrong with hawkers been taken off the street?
Hades: Young one! Are these not the same mortals that want their land to be as glorified as the ancient city of Rome. Why then do they want to grow armpit bush and still look beautiful?! angry
Minion: My King! Ur words of wisdom educate me

I love the way you address salient issues in a comical way..

Very truly,"Ur words of wisdom educate me"...

More KUNU to ur glass.. grin grin

2 Likes

Re: Traffic -Jam In Lagos As Hawkers Are Being Arrested At Agbara By Police And Kai by kayzeemazaino(m): 9:58pm On Nov 10, 2012
EKO O NI BAJE O

1 Like

Re: Traffic -Jam In Lagos As Hawkers Are Being Arrested At Agbara By Police And Kai by nochio(m): 12:06am On Nov 11, 2012
Eko o ni baje,is agbara in lagos state?
Re: Traffic -Jam In Lagos As Hawkers Are Being Arrested At Agbara By Police And Kai by manny4life(m): 1:17am On Nov 11, 2012
I thought hawking and road side selling was illegal, I thought wrong till I went to NY, from 8th ave to Broadway.. Although they don't hawk in traffic, but damn, they sell on the streets, by the corners, what have you. Shoot, the road side combination rice, chicken and lamb with spicy sauce for $5 was good. If you gonna model after people, do it right.

2 Likes

Re: Traffic -Jam In Lagos As Hawkers Are Being Arrested At Agbara By Police And Kai by chochoman: 7:34am On Nov 11, 2012
packman:

are you mad for God sake this is Federal Government road not a street are you blind or you cant read.......
So will you remember its a federal road,when you call a gala hawker in d hold-up and he brandishes a gun,Or if one of them gets knocked down on d highway?
Re: Traffic -Jam In Lagos As Hawkers Are Being Arrested At Agbara By Police And Kai by jaykai24(m): 2:32pm On Nov 11, 2012
zizie: Is Agbara now part of lagos state? Don't KAI know where the boundary is? SMH
cry
Re: Traffic -Jam In Lagos As Hawkers Are Being Arrested At Agbara By Police And Kai by aribisala0(m): 2:40pm On Nov 11, 2012
manny4life: I thought hawking and road side selling was illegal, I thought wrong till I went to NY, from 8th ave to Broadway.. Although they don't hawk in traffic, but damn, they sell on the streets, by the corners, what have you. Shoot, the road side combination rice, chicken and lamb with spicy sauce for $5 was good. If you gonna model after people, do it right.
We are talking about Lagos in NIgeria. It is illegal here You 1diot!!! You have not learnt anything have you?
Re: Traffic -Jam In Lagos As Hawkers Are Being Arrested At Agbara By Police And Kai by manny4life(m): 3:59pm On Nov 11, 2012
aribisala0:
We are talking about Lagos in NIgeria. It is illegal here You 1diot!!! You have not learnt anything have you?

Exalting your honor by calling you a SUPER DOLT, will be an understatement, but I'll let you wallow in your level of foolishness and stupidity. Was hawking and street selling ban not incorporated in the "New Traffic Law"? In the early introduction of the law, were officials not claiming that the law was modeled or should I say compared after some U.S. states? I don't know how you counsel or administer treatment to your patients, but you my man, need some of your own treatment... grin grin grin grin
Re: Traffic -Jam In Lagos As Hawkers Are Being Arrested At Agbara By Police And Kai by aribisala0(m): 5:58pm On Nov 11, 2012
manny4life:

Exalting your honor by calling you a SUPER DOLT, will be an understatement, but I'll let you wallow in your level of foolishness and stupidity. Was hawking and street selling ban not incorporated in the "New Traffic Law"? In the early introduction of the law, were officials not claiming that the law was modeled or should I say compared after some U.S. states? I don't know how you counsel or administer treatment to your patients, but you my man, need some of your own treatment... grin grin grin grin
NKPI! THe law is modelled after Onitsha not US
Re: Traffic -Jam In Lagos As Hawkers Are Being Arrested At Agbara By Police And Kai by manny4life(m): 6:52pm On Nov 11, 2012
aribisala0:
NKPI! THe law is modelled after Onitsha not US

oke nkpi, haha no more words I guess... shioor cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy

Like I stated before the he-goat rudely interrupted

manny4life: I thought hawking and road side selling was illegal, I thought wrong till I went to NY, from 8th ave to Broadway.. Although they don't hawk in traffic, but damn, they sell on the streets, by the corners, what have you. Shoot, the road side combination rice, chicken and lamb with spicy sauce for $5 was good. If you gonna model after people, do it right.
Re: Traffic -Jam In Lagos As Hawkers Are Being Arrested At Agbara By Police And Kai by naptu2: 6:57pm On Nov 11, 2012
Actually, street trading and hawking has been illegal since at least the 1970s, under the Lagos State sanitation law (amended in 2000 [Kai amendment], 2005 [rehabilitation/repatriation amendment], etc).
Re: Traffic -Jam In Lagos As Hawkers Are Being Arrested At Agbara By Police And Kai by Kobojunkie: 5:31am On Nov 12, 2012
packman: i just passed agbara badagry express way and i saw a serious commotion as the traffic hawkers are seriously struggling with the law enforcement agents
they both arresting and confiscating their goods this is causing both traffic jam and serious commotion

i really cant get wat fashola is trying to establish even in Lagos state ooo please you guys should tell me ooo

What has the traffic-jam which stretches for miles on head in many cases, to do with street hawkers?
Re: Traffic -Jam In Lagos As Hawkers Are Being Arrested At Agbara By Police And Kai by Konquest: 12:44pm On Nov 12, 2012
packman: i just passed agbara badagry express way and i saw a serious commotion as the traffic hawkers are seriously struggling with the law enforcement agents
they both arresting and confiscating their goods this is causing both traffic jam and serious commotion

i really cant get wat fashola is trying to establish even in Lagos state ooo please you guys should tell me ooo

@packman

You are just trying to whip up SENTIMENTS HERE on Nairaland.

Is it wise or reasonable for people to break the laws of
Lagos and Nigeria - and even risk their lives in traffic? These
hawkers who are mostly new commers in Lagos should be reported
to their state governors who will then take them to the farms
for commercial or mechanised agriculture which is very profitable.

Some of them even dig up roads so as to create traffic hold ups
in order to sell their goods in traffic. angry

(1) (2) (Reply)

Ayodele Fayose Spotted At Apc Secretariat In Ado Ekiti - Photo / Nigeria’s Debt Profile Hits N41.60 Trillion, Says DMO / INEC Tightens Guidelines For Party Registration

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.