Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,122 members, 7,814,939 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 12:21 AM

Nairaland's Literary & Debating Day - Female Edition - "Battle Of Wits" - Literature (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Nairaland's Literary & Debating Day - Female Edition - "Battle Of Wits" (9761 Views)

Nairaland's Literary & Debating Day - Female Edition - "Battle Of Wits" / Nairaland's Literary & Debating Day - Season 2 - You Are Cordially Invited! / Nairaland's Literary & Debating Day ! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Go Down)

Re: Nairaland's Literary & Debating Day - Female Edition - "Battle Of Wits" by Mynd44: 6:02pm On Nov 17, 2012
OAM4J: If the organisers of this debate dont mind, I will like to step aside as a judge in this debate.

I hope this decision makes efe and maclatunji happy.

Cheers.
Common, don't be like that na.
Re: Nairaland's Literary & Debating Day - Female Edition - "Battle Of Wits" by Mynd44: 6:04pm On Nov 17, 2012
Efemena_xy:

It's a free world.

My decision to pull out of the debate shouldn't hinder you from Judging.

Just don't go slagging off my name.
Hey you were the one who could not take a simple joke
Re: Nairaland's Literary & Debating Day - Female Edition - "Battle Of Wits" by EfemenaXY: 6:05pm On Nov 17, 2012
^^ If I want a "joke", I know EXACTLY where the JOKES SECTION is, thank you.
Re: Nairaland's Literary & Debating Day - Female Edition - "Battle Of Wits" by focusstayed: 6:06pm On Nov 17, 2012
Efemena wont you repent you adulterous woman...you cant fool me wink
Re: Nairaland's Literary & Debating Day - Female Edition - "Battle Of Wits" by Mynd44: 6:07pm On Nov 17, 2012
i dont thint that Judge should pull out his fault that some people can't that some people cant take a joke na
Re: Nairaland's Literary & Debating Day - Female Edition - "Battle Of Wits" by EfemenaXY: 6:07pm On Nov 17, 2012
focusstayed: Efemena wont you repent you adulterous woman...you cant fool me wink

Go kill yourself slowly
Re: Nairaland's Literary & Debating Day - Female Edition - "Battle Of Wits" by focusstayed: 6:11pm On Nov 17, 2012
Efemena_xy:

Go kill yourself slowly

craving for attn much. after i taste from your forbidden fruit;i demand my share.
Re: Nairaland's Literary & Debating Day - Female Edition - "Battle Of Wits" by coogar: 6:15pm On Nov 17, 2012
Efemena_xy:
shocked shocked shocked

I knew it was just a matter of time before Zeus Hercules arrived! grin grin grin

i have a tool-alert on my phone that tells me a tool has been up to a mischief with my moniker. i have a zero tolerance for tools.....
Re: Nairaland's Literary & Debating Day - Female Edition - "Battle Of Wits" by EfemenaXY: 6:16pm On Nov 17, 2012
focusstayed:

craving for attn much. after i taste from your forbidden fruit;i demand my share.

A gobby clown with just 6 abi 7 posts spewing such trash.

Tell me, dem ban you? Wetin be your offence?

Abi you're just another saddo vying for Efe's time? Why not be man enough to use your real moniker here on nland? Why hide behind a phantom / newly created handle?

Bloody a$$ wipe.
Re: Nairaland's Literary & Debating Day - Female Edition - "Battle Of Wits" by freecocoa(f): 6:16pm On Nov 17, 2012
Na wa o.
Please if anyone wants to pull out make una pull dey go and don't derail or spoil this thread for us that are still very much interested.
Any little things turns to fight, make una no carry una wahala spoil Cuddles and the others hard work, nansense angry
Re: Nairaland's Literary & Debating Day - Female Edition - "Battle Of Wits" by EfemenaXY: 6:18pm On Nov 17, 2012
^^ Don't mind them jor.
Re: Nairaland's Literary & Debating Day - Female Edition - "Battle Of Wits" by CrazyMan(m): 6:22pm On Nov 17, 2012
@Oma4j
I understood that you were making a joke...usually, jokes are allowed..but to some extent. A simple joke on the robe would have been enough, but it seems like you had a great day...therefore you decided play the role of a comedian. The joke was cool anyway.

I don't have anything against you on Nairaland, and I know you made the joke from an honest mind set, with no mischievous intentions, but your conclusion is also not good....you made a joke...and then you decided to quit judging simply because someone (one of the judges) you probably dislike didn't take your side.

Does that seem like a fair decision...think about it...

@efemena xy...
Perhaps if you had taken proper time to read oma4j's post, you would have seen clearly that he was just having fun.

You might have felt that he (oma4j) might be a bit partial and favour those he's more familiar with...
Its ok to feel that way...but if you had sent a pm to either cuddlemii or any of the project team, stating how you feel about the joke...believe me it would have been much better, rather than the public outburst you just made.

In case you don't know, what we post here is a partial reflection of our kind of person...if you cannot handle little issues like this in a matured manner, then I wonder how you would handle much complicated cases, should they erupt in the future.

4 Likes

Re: Nairaland's Literary & Debating Day - Female Edition - "Battle Of Wits" by focusstayed: 6:22pm On Nov 17, 2012
Efemena_xy:

A gobby clown with just 6 abi 7 posts spewing such trash.

Tell me, dem ban you? Wetin be your offence?

Abi you're just another saddo vying for Efe's time? Why not be man enough to use your real moniker here on nland? Why hide behind a phantom / newly created handle?

Bloody a$$ wipe.

Efemena let us phuck. do i need to be a frequent joke section member; i demand my share too
Re: Nairaland's Literary & Debating Day - Female Edition - "Battle Of Wits" by SisiKill1: 6:24pm On Nov 17, 2012
Yikes! What happened here?

You know what. . .never mind what happened.

The most important thing that should happen is the debate.

So Please, Please, Please. . .everyone involved can we just focus on that?

Pleeeeeeease? No judges and contestants dropping out. . .Please!!

Cuddlemi has done so much work to bring t to fruition, it won't be nice if all that hard work came to naught.

Now can we forgive and forget?

Pretty Please with cherries on top?!

I dare anyone to say no to that pretty face. cool
Re: Nairaland's Literary & Debating Day - Female Edition - "Battle Of Wits" by greedie1(f): 6:26pm On Nov 17, 2012
OAM4J:

The reason is why you have many posts hidden on this thread. efe and maclatunji thought I meant my jokes in the 2nd page and will be an unfair judge.

For Efe I dont know her problem. For maclatunji i can understand. He has a personal issue with me and some mods that complained about the way he moderates Islam section, so he couldnt resist the opportunity to make a mountain out of the mouldhill of my jokes.

ask anyone, i dont have any sense of humor but i did recognise wat you wrote as the joke it was , dat shows just how humorous it was..... you shouldn't pull out, please.

you know what you wrote &meant , dont hold yourself responsible for what people understand. and dont let what people understand prevent you from doing what you want to do
Re: Nairaland's Literary & Debating Day - Female Edition - "Battle Of Wits" by coogar: 6:27pm On Nov 17, 2012
focusstayed:

Efemena let us phuck. do i need to be a frequent joke section member; i demand my share too

who is this baboon?
if you are this hörny - why not stick your cöck in a cow and let sane people enjoy this debate?
Re: Nairaland's Literary & Debating Day - Female Edition - "Battle Of Wits" by EfemenaXY: 6:27pm On Nov 17, 2012
focusstayed:

A pervert you were, a pervert you are and a pervert you'll always be.

Take your sick mind to the sexuality section. I'm done with you. Feel free to respond and vent out your frustration here.
Re: Nairaland's Literary & Debating Day - Female Edition - "Battle Of Wits" by EfemenaXY: 6:37pm On Nov 17, 2012
CrazyMan: @Oma4j

@efemena xy...
Perhaps if you had taken proper time to read oma4j's post, you would have seen clearly that he was just having fun.

You might have felt that he (oma4j) might be a bit partial and favour those he's more familiar with...
Its ok to feel that way...but if you had sent a pm to either cuddlemii or any of the project team, stating how you feel about the joke...believe me it would have been much better, rather than the public outburst you just made.

In case you don't know, what we post here is a partial reflection of our kind of person...if you cannot handle little issues like this in a matured manner, then I wonder how you would handle much complicated cases, should they erupt in the future.

Oh, I hear what you say, loud and clear... but pls don't make it personal by making assumptions on how I deal with issues in real life. That's my business.

Re: The bolded comment, it's good to see you understand where I'm coming from. I don't have to know any of the judges personally to take offence at a "joke" which at the end of the day, only serves to belittle one's effort. I'm not getting paid to research and compose my piece on this topic. If I dedicate quality time, effort and man-hours to this project, the last thing I need is a "joke" that suggests underhanded rigging / favouritism.

Like I've said countless times, no need to sweat it out over Efe. There are much better contestants here who'll do justice to the debate.

Oh, and for the records, I don't believe in "Hide and Seek". It's two faced. This / these "joke(s)" was/were made in the public domain, so it's only fair I state my grievances with it/them in the same public domain.

2 Likes

Re: Nairaland's Literary & Debating Day - Female Edition - "Battle Of Wits" by Roland17(m): 6:40pm On Nov 17, 2012
I am reading with utter dismay and disappointment how selfish and individual interest of a bunch of perceived literates threaten to undermine the Hard work Cuddle, the Organizers and everyone who have broken a sweat for the success of this event.

No one is a demi-god here and no one should be treated like one, if your interest is not genuine, please back out so we can re-strategize so as to get this debates out of the way.

I encourage debaters and organizers who are still interested to keep faith, lets work harder, we have come a long way with this idea to let it fall by the way.

3 Likes

Re: Nairaland's Literary & Debating Day - Female Edition - "Battle Of Wits" by focusstayed: 6:43pm On Nov 17, 2012
coogar:

who is this baboon?
if you are this hörny - why not stick your cöck in a cow and let sane people enjoy this debate?

who are you;looking to tap from the big apple- she is off limit till i milk the cow dry
Re: Nairaland's Literary & Debating Day - Female Edition - "Battle Of Wits" by Nobody: 6:46pm On Nov 17, 2012
Roland17
^^^+10000

smh.. undecided

3 Likes

Re: Nairaland's Literary & Debating Day - Female Edition - "Battle Of Wits" by coogar: 7:04pm On Nov 17, 2012
focusstayed:
who are you;looking to tap from the big apple- she is off limit till i milk the cow dry

silly rabbit!
Re: Nairaland's Literary & Debating Day - Female Edition - "Battle Of Wits" by SisiKill1: 7:10pm On Nov 17, 2012
Sigh! sad
Re: Nairaland's Literary & Debating Day - Female Edition - "Battle Of Wits" by jaybee3(m): 7:11pm On Nov 17, 2012
Why can't we all just get along?
Re: Nairaland's Literary & Debating Day - Female Edition - "Battle Of Wits" by Nobody: 7:21pm On Nov 17, 2012
Fights, fights, fights. Must you all fight why cant you just get along
Re: Nairaland's Literary & Debating Day - Female Edition - "Battle Of Wits" by Mynd44: 7:23pm On Nov 17, 2012
jay bee: Why can't we all just get along?
I tire oo
Re: Nairaland's Literary & Debating Day - Female Edition - "Battle Of Wits" by Seun(m): 7:24pm On Nov 17, 2012
Please, let this be a female only affair. No male judges or officials or contestants.
Re: Nairaland's Literary & Debating Day - Female Edition - "Battle Of Wits" by Mynd44: 7:24pm On Nov 17, 2012
teeo: Fights, fights, fights. Must you all fight why cant you just get along
You dey mind them.

Small joke and they get mad
Re: Nairaland's Literary & Debating Day - Female Edition - "Battle Of Wits" by coogar: 7:26pm On Nov 17, 2012
Seun: Please, let this be a female only affair. No male judges or officials or contestants.

sounds like a good idea....
Re: Nairaland's Literary & Debating Day - Female Edition - "Battle Of Wits" by Cuddlemii: 7:30pm On Nov 17, 2012
Seun: Please, let this be a female only affair. No male judges or officials or contestants.

Seun, we have passed that stage.
The organizers & officials comprises of both men and women. Everything is set and we have very good ideas. How do you want us to tell off people that gave up a lot to make this a success. We can consider that suggestion in the next edition.
The issue is not about having a female affair but adults learning to act matured. Thanks

2 Likes

Re: Nairaland's Literary & Debating Day - Female Edition - "Battle Of Wits" by freecocoa(f): 7:30pm On Nov 17, 2012
Supported.
Re: Nairaland's Literary & Debating Day - Female Edition - "Battle Of Wits" by Mynd44: 7:33pm On Nov 17, 2012
freecocoa: Supported.
Not supported. Plans have been made since and it was okay till some people could not take jokes.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8)

Nnedi Okorafor Celebrates Her 42nd Birthday Today! / {gandhi Jayanti Kavita} Gandhi Jayanti Kavita, Gandhi Jayanti Poem, Hindi Poems / Romantic Story : - My Boss (18+) Episode 1

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.