Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,624 members, 7,809,304 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 07:33 AM

Nairaland's Literary & Debating Day - Female Edition - "Battle Of Wits" - Literature (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Nairaland's Literary & Debating Day - Female Edition - "Battle Of Wits" (9749 Views)

Nairaland's Literary & Debating Day - Female Edition - "Battle Of Wits" / Nairaland's Literary & Debating Day - Season 2 - You Are Cordially Invited! / Nairaland's Literary & Debating Day ! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (Go Down)

Re: Nairaland's Literary & Debating Day - Female Edition - "Battle Of Wits" by Cuddlemii: 12:33am On Nov 18, 2012
Odunnu:
Haba! I dont mean to take us back and start another back and forth, one thing I ask please, lets forget this whole 'fight' and pretend we just started page 2.
Efe has worked hard on this, lets give her another chance. Please.

Odunnu, everyone worked hard on this as well. She is not interested, I don't think you should worry yourself about that.
Thank you for your suggestion though.
Re: Nairaland's Literary & Debating Day - Female Edition - "Battle Of Wits" by Caracta(f): 12:38am On Nov 18, 2012
#sighs#
Re: Nairaland's Literary & Debating Day - Female Edition - "Battle Of Wits" by HighChief4(m): 2:48am On Nov 18, 2012
Roland17: If no one is courageous enough to address these seeming autocratic tendencies of Seun, i think i would and i care less if am banned.

Seun u have succeed in diffusing the already tensed atmosphere with your comments which many conformist agree with, where were u 3 months ago when this idea was conceived? where were u when this thread was created? where were u when all the females invited turned down cuddles request to be either judges or debaters for varied reasons which are respectable?

You are the owner of the website would u claim u never had an idea about this thread before today? not a single comment from u all through the developing process, cos u never thought this thread/ section can create a buzz/ traffic for your business like some of the silly topics that have graced the front page of NL(Like pictures of 2face's poo etal) now the moderator and the hard working organizers become creative by taking this to you-tube you are suddenly trying to hijack this debate diplomatically.

You are the owner yet you could not even confide with the moderator and her crew before making sensitive comments about the structure and organization of the debates yet you claim its not your decision to make, knowing fully well that 85% of NL are conformists with no minds of their own, speaks loud of your man management skills.

This is not an attempt to insult your personality, but a sincere attempt to set the records straight and encourage the Hardworking crew to continue to give their best.

Spot On! Guy, you are full of wisdom.
Tribalism is another thing that should be curbed on nairaland. Take a look at the war between igbos and yorubas on this forum, what has been done about it? Where were the female moderators when this debate started? this is the second time this debate is hitting the front-page or would they claim they were not aware? It is only my kandiikane that came forward. including them after planning is over looks lazy and too convenient.

1 Like

Re: Nairaland's Literary & Debating Day - Female Edition - "Battle Of Wits" by Cuddlemii: 3:33am On Nov 18, 2012
Cuddlemii: GENERAL DEBATING RULES

-All Nairaland Forum rules should be strictly adhered to.

-Extreme profanity or constant use of mild profanity is strictly prohibited.

-Debaters MUST NOT incite their fellow debaters in any manner.

-This includes but is not limited to, threat of violence and incitement to
RELIGIOUS and TRIBALISTIC hatred.

-No personal attacks on other members would be permitted;
debaters SHOULD NOT resort to personal abuse or
harassment only comments relating to the subject being debated will be tolerated.

-Do not attack your fellow debaters! Specifically, members SHOULD address
the argument and not the poster.

-Do not let them bait you into a rule breaking reply, if you feel you have
been personally attacked call the attention of the Moderator to it so
that it can be treated accordingly.

-Do not assume that opposing teams are personally attacking you.
Tone is difficult to interpret online especially in a debate setting.

-No harsh wording: Words like "idiotic", "moronic", "stupid", “cretin”,
“dimwit” etc are not welcome here.
You can debate without being inflammatory.
*NOTE: The words in quotations are an example only and not to be taken literally.

-Word limits should be strictly adhered to.

-Lastly, this is not another avenue to vent; we intend to rationally discuss
topics of interest. If you feel yourself getting upset by a comment...take a
step back and let other members take over.
Passion is great but don't let it get out of hand.
Re: Nairaland's Literary & Debating Day - Female Edition - "Battle Of Wits" by sigmundfreud(m): 6:36am On Nov 18, 2012
On the bright side...
The fight was a VERY GOOD advert for the debate!
Looking forward to it.
Re: Nairaland's Literary & Debating Day - Female Edition - "Battle Of Wits" by Cuddlemii: 6:42am On Nov 18, 2012
sigmundfreud: On the bright side...
Looking forward to it.

Yes O! You miss it, You miss Out!
Ladies are taking over wink
Re: Nairaland's Literary & Debating Day - Female Edition - "Battle Of Wits" by Mynd44: 7:47am On Nov 18, 2012
sigmundfreud: On the bright side...
Looking forward to it.
Hello.
Re: Nairaland's Literary & Debating Day - Female Edition - "Battle Of Wits" by Mynd44: 7:48am On Nov 18, 2012
Cuddlemii:

Yes O! You miss it, You miss Out!
Ladies are taking over wink
Lol.

It pays to have people who will stick with you
Re: Nairaland's Literary & Debating Day - Female Edition - "Battle Of Wits" by Oahray: 8:13am On Nov 18, 2012
*sigh* If this debate no hold I go vex o *glaring at Efemena*
Re: Nairaland's Literary & Debating Day - Female Edition - "Battle Of Wits" by sigmundfreud(m): 8:15am On Nov 18, 2012
Mynd_44:
Hello.
Sup 'Master' Mynd?
Re: Nairaland's Literary & Debating Day - Female Edition - "Battle Of Wits" by sigmundfreud(m): 8:19am On Nov 18, 2012
i wish Efexemana would compete...
her passion and venom can be put to better use!
People are watching...we can throw shoes at the judges if we feel they are out of line.
Re: Nairaland's Literary & Debating Day - Female Edition - "Battle Of Wits" by Mynd44: 8:30am On Nov 18, 2012
sigmundfreud:
Sup 'Master' Mynd?
I dey
Re: Nairaland's Literary & Debating Day - Female Edition - "Battle Of Wits" by Mynd44: 8:31am On Nov 18, 2012
sigmundfreud: i wish Efexemana would compete...
her passion and venom can be put to better use!
People are watching...we can throw shoes at the judges if we feel they are out of line.
After she attack a judge and got another one drunk? Hell no
Re: Nairaland's Literary & Debating Day - Female Edition - "Battle Of Wits" by sigmundfreud(m): 8:47am On Nov 18, 2012
Mynd_44:
After she attack a judge and got another one drunk? Hell no
lol!
Imagine such passion in a debate...will almost convince me its better to walk with my head.
Re: Nairaland's Literary & Debating Day - Female Edition - "Battle Of Wits" by Mynd44: 9:25am On Nov 18, 2012
sigmundfreud:
lol!
Imagine such passion in a debate...will almost convince me its better to walk with my head.
lol
Re: Nairaland's Literary & Debating Day - Female Edition - "Battle Of Wits" by Cuddlemii: 12:16pm On Nov 18, 2012
I think we have had enough chatting, side comments and arguments for one day.
The thread has a purpose.
Please, let us stick to that purpose. Thanks!
Re: Nairaland's Literary & Debating Day - Female Edition - "Battle Of Wits" by solomon111(m): 12:30pm On Nov 18, 2012
Who are those debating?
Let them start nah.
And why are there too many hidden posts?
Smh.
Re: Nairaland's Literary & Debating Day - Female Edition - "Battle Of Wits" by Cuddlemii: 12:31pm On Nov 18, 2012
solomon111: Who are those debating?
Let them start nah.
And why are there too many hidden posts?
Smh.

https://www.nairaland.com/1099241/nairalands-literary-debating-day-female#12910701
The dates of the debate are in that link. Thanks!
Re: Nairaland's Literary & Debating Day - Female Edition - "Battle Of Wits" by Tgirl4real(f): 1:02pm On Nov 18, 2012
Hello everyone.

@ Cuddle, why hide ur comment and high chief's comment on dis particular page?

BTW, when are we getting the template? No time again o. And where is the weekend surprise u and Pharaoh promised? grin
Re: Nairaland's Literary & Debating Day - Female Edition - "Battle Of Wits" by DonaldGenes(m): 1:06pm On Nov 18, 2012
Caracta: #sighs#
searching for her with a torchlight
Re: Nairaland's Literary & Debating Day - Female Edition - "Battle Of Wits" by Cuddlemii: 1:12pm On Nov 18, 2012
Link to the new thread---->https://www.nairaland.com/1106641/nairalands-literary-debating-day-female#13012770

WARNING FOR THE NEW THREAD:

Please be warned that "derailing threads", "insulting members", "etc" is against the forum rules.
You will be banned if you do it again.
Thanks for your understanding.
Regards, Cuddlemii

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8)

Romantic Story : - My Boss (18+) Episode 1 / Nnedi Okorafor Celebrates Her 42nd Birthday Today! / {gandhi Jayanti Kavita} Gandhi Jayanti Kavita, Gandhi Jayanti Poem, Hindi Poems

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.