Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,798 members, 7,820,798 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 09:55 PM

<<<The Tri-Paternal Son>>> - Literature (11) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / <<<The Tri-Paternal Son>>> (75764 Views)

<<<Tri-paternal Son: Serpentia>>> (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) ... (29) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: <<<The Tri-Paternal Son>>> by Caracta(f): 5:09pm On Feb 02, 2013
Damex333: caracta!, where is ur e-daddy, i need 2 make myself knw as the e-son-in-law fast.
You know where to find him.

*shy*
Re: <<<The Tri-Paternal Son>>> by laykhorn(m): 6:08pm On Feb 02, 2013
Caracta:
lol...they already answered the question na
na me wan ansa am oooooo no myn dem wink wink wink wink
am I derailing??

1 Like

Re: <<<The Tri-Paternal Son>>> by Mynd44: 12:30pm On Feb 03, 2013
New update
Re: <<<The Tri-Paternal Son>>> by Mynd44: 12:30pm On Feb 03, 2013
Ojoade paused as a sound drew his attention back. He found himself unable to go after the creature which had quickened its pace and was flying even faster than usual. Ojoade noticed his pace slowing as he found it difficult to chase the creature further, so he stopped to find out what was pulling him back. He looked to his back and did not see anyone or anything strange. His gaze went to the sky and the clouds were still thick and they showed no signs of dissipating. The air was still charged and remnants of the energy they had used during the face off still lingered around the forest.

The forest looked like it should be as nothing seemed out of place and he still could not find the source of whatever was drawing him back from chasing after the beast. He tried to turn and see if he could still catch up with the beast but his attention was drawn back to the clearing where he just left. Ojoade was torn, he could not afford to stop now or else the creature might leave and escape for good and he did not want that. His thoughts were to finish it off so it will never hurt another person or living thing again but he could not pursue.

He dropped do the ground to assess the situation well and the ring of energy around him started to leave slowly as he walked towards the scene of his last battle. Nothing was seen as far as he could look but he still got that feeling that something was not right at all with the place he stood. He kept walking back as the energy around him left slowly and just as the last strand of energy left him, he realized his mistake. He saw the reason the creature left in such a hurry even though he could have caught up with it. It was all a diversion. A trap meant to keep him away from chasing it.

The creature flew and knew that the human was fast behind it. The human might have been caught by surprise but he was gaining speed fast and it would be just a matter of time before he caught up with it and it will be over. It already had a plan to stop the human from coming after him but it all depends on if the human did not hit it with another bolt of lightning before the plan was completed as that will put an end to its existence. It knew there was no way it could survive another attack if that nature as it will send it out of this world permanently.

In the time the creature stood in front of the human after the first attack, the creature had dropped a spell that would take effect after sometime. The spell was a simple one and did not take much energy to start. It was one of the most basic things in life but it was very deadly, it called fire to the clearing. But it did not call the fire to come down immediately, it would come down when it was at a distance so if the human was following it, he would have to turn back because the human child lying on the floor would be in the wake of the fire. In the little time they fought, it had seen that the human was drawn to the child and wanted to protect the child. He could not abandon the child and it figured out that it was probably the child that called the human there in the first place.

The young are the most powerful of any species in spirit because of their purity. They are defenseless, hence a lot of gods and goddesses take pity on them so whatever deity the human served it would probably not allow a child be burnt to death when there was an agent around to save that child. When it flew away and the human followed, it had hoped the human would fall back when the fire started and it guessed right as immediately it started, it saw the human slow down and it did not bother looking back anymore. It kept on flying out of reach of everything until it lost all its energy and crashed onto the foot of a hill where it took refuge inside the rocks. Happy to be free and, for the moment, safe.

Immediately most of the power and the ring dissipated the first thing Ojoade felt was heat. He was overwhelmed by a burning fire he had not seen before and all of a sudden, he was inside it as the fire threatened to engulf him. Lightning bolts erupted from within him as pieces of burning leaves flew around him striking the leaves to the ground and he summoned another ring about him, he realized the creature must have started the fire but he still could not understand what drew him back there until he heard a cry from a corner.

All of a sudden, everything made sense to him. Why he was called and the reason the creature started the fire. He immediately moved in search of the child. He could not afford to leave his body as the fire, while having physical characteristics, was far from natural. It was already scorching his body which was without the ring to protect it and he did not trust the creature not to come back to finish him off so he moved into his body. He did not want to have too much power as that was what blinded him to the fire in the first place. If the energy around him was too much, he would not feel the fire and might not even hear the child cry. He followed the screams around the burning bush and could not find it the source. It was as if the baby was not even inside the inferno but the cries still told him the baby was around somewhere.

The old woman laid on her bed tired after preparing her meal. She decided to take pap and rest a little before doing justice to the bowl of pounded yam and efo riro she had prepared for herself when she first felt the energy come around her from all corners. Perhaps one of her initiates had come to visit her but did not want to go through the stress of walking, she thought. The energy grew more as the clouds above her head thickened which caused her to reconsider, there were certainly some forces at work and whatever it was, was powerful enough to block out the sun rays. She climbed out of her bed with difficulty as her body was not what it used to be. Although her spirit was still as strong as it was and even stronger, her body waned in strength and at some point the body will break under the stress of the power contained within it leaving her to roam not as a human but a spirit. The time would come soon and she knew it but at the moment, something stirred the bush and she wanted to know what it was.

She walked into her room and put some amulets on whilst protecting her and her compound. There was a rumble in her stomach as her thoughts went to the food she just cooked and the risk of having the goats reach where it was. She quickly put a spell on the brooms in the house. Beating the hell out of those goats will be their job. She was not about to die of starvation because of some lousy goats she will not end up eating when they die or eventually killed? There was no reason why they should eat her specially prepared food. She looked into her seeing bowl as everywhere erupted in frenzy of lightning. The lightning made the sky light up and acted as an alternate sunlight. The lightning continued for some minutes until the thunder finally came.

Meanwhile, she looked into the bowl and saw nothing. It was as though the bowl was not working and she tested it by looking at her dinner with it. The dinner still appeared on the table while her brooms were beating some goats that came within 100 meters of the table. She smiled to herself.

“Stupid goats, that should teach them a lesson”.

She returned her gaze to the source of the thunder but could not see anything. It was as if there was nothing in the area and she knew why. The gods must be walking on the earth again but this was not just a walk. Either another god was testing his/her strength against Sango, or Ogun(the god or war and iron) and Sango were having their usual face off and chose the earth as the perfect venue for today’s show. She thought of ignoring them and going to go eat her food but her curiosity did not allow her.

“This is pointless, it is not like I can see anything. I should focus on more important things like my food right now”.

She looked into it again for some minutes and then got bored. Just as she was about looking away, something caught her attention....

1 Like

Re: <<<The Tri-Paternal Son>>> by dubem3(m): 1:15pm On Feb 03, 2013
cool
remove the double post sha
Re: <<<The Tri-Paternal Son>>> by Mynd44: 2:32pm On Feb 03, 2013
dubem3: cool
remove the double post sha
What double post?tonguetonguetonguetongue
Re: <<<The Tri-Paternal Son>>> by Nobody: 2:48pm On Feb 03, 2013
Mynd_44:
What double post?tonguetonguetonguetongue
twas there. I saw it.
By the way, when starting a new paragraph can you pls add stars? Like **********? Thanks, it makes for easier reading from a phone.
Re: <<<The Tri-Paternal Son>>> by Mynd44: 2:52pm On Feb 03, 2013
brokoto: twas there. I saw it.
By the way, when starting a new paragraph can you pls add stars? Like **********? Thanks, it makes for easier reading from a phone.
I read from a phone too and the paragraphs show clearly na.

But I willgrant your wishes. Opermini users sef. Move to Ucweb jorh
Re: <<<The Tri-Paternal Son>>> by dubem3(m): 4:00pm On Feb 03, 2013
brokoto: twas there. I saw it.

my guy thank you jare!
them for don deny me now oh.
because them got wings,them just dey fly any how
Re: <<<The Tri-Paternal Son>>> by ijebabe: 4:41pm On Feb 03, 2013
The witch midwife still dey? I hope she hasn't forgotten what happened the last time she interfered hehehe.
Re: <<<The Tri-Paternal Son>>> by dubem3(m): 4:47pm On Feb 03, 2013
ijebabe: The witch midwife still dey? I hope she hasn't forgotten what happened the last time she interfered hehehe.

bi-maternal woman, how far?
Re: <<<The Tri-Paternal Son>>> by ijebabe: 5:01pm On Feb 03, 2013
I dey
Re: <<<The Tri-Paternal Son>>> by dubem3(m): 5:45pm On Feb 03, 2013
grin goodgrin
Re: <<<The Tri-Paternal Son>>> by Nobody: 7:40pm On Feb 03, 2013
Mynd_44:
I read from a phone too and the paragraphs show clearly na.

But I willgrant your wishes. Opermini users sef. Move to Ucweb jorh
grin you don cash me. My ucweb no gree work.tongue
Re: <<<The Tri-Paternal Son>>> by Mynd44: 7:47pm On Feb 03, 2013
brokoto: grin you don cash me. My ucweb no gree work.tongue
Send me a PM and I will hook you up with the latest Uc browsers.
Re: <<<The Tri-Paternal Son>>> by Nobody: 7:54pm On Feb 03, 2013
Mynd_44:

ok. Thanks
Re: <<<The Tri-Paternal Son>>> by jslimz(f): 8:12pm On Feb 03, 2013
Mynd_44:

Pls can u also do so for moi, i'm havin issues with my uc browser
Re: <<<The Tri-Paternal Son>>> by Mynd44: 8:15pm On Feb 03, 2013
j-slimz:

Pls can u also do so for moi, i'm havin issues with my uc browser
You gonna have to send me a PM so I will get you e-mail addy.

One way or the other, I wingringringringrin
Re: <<<The Tri-Paternal Son>>> by jslimz(f): 8:51pm On Feb 03, 2013
Mynd_44:
You gonna have to send me a PM so I will get you e-mail addy.

One way or the other, I wingringringringrin

Hahaha
I know i have to PM you for this.

I think you've got mail.
Re: <<<The Tri-Paternal Son>>> by dubem3(m): 8:58pm On Feb 03, 2013
oghenemynd...
Re: <<<The Tri-Paternal Son>>> by laykhorn(m): 10:16pm On Feb 03, 2013
Mynd! U surely got a good brain up there... Your update always relish a new enthusiasm in me. Keep up the good work bro.
And in a space of little time.. Make u no use 1year b4 u rememba us again
Re: <<<The Tri-Paternal Son>>> by laykhorn(m): 10:17pm On Feb 03, 2013
Mynd! U surely got a good brain up there... Your update always relishes a new enthusiasm in me. Keep up the good work bro.
And in a space of little time.. Make u no use 1year b4 u rememba us again. Oya! PM tinz
Re: <<<The Tri-Paternal Son>>> by Obinnau(m): 2:50pm On Feb 04, 2013
wow Mynd. That was a nice one. Am expecting the next one.
Re: <<<The Tri-Paternal Son>>> by ChikaSunday(m): 10:31am On Feb 06, 2013
Mynd_44: 130Km/hr

That was the speed he was going at. The windows were rolled down and he was used to the wind blowing against the side of his face with such pressure. Such force, as it tends to clear his face and helps keep him awake.

He enjoyed this part of the journey. Not because there are few vehicles on the road but because the road was good. The road was constructed some months back but it was unlike roads around this side of the world, it was in perfect shape. Perfect for that speed as you don't have to worry about potholes and curves. It just ran straight from one end to another.

The Old Ife road was one of the best roads in the country. The best Micheal knows anyway and this part of the journey from Lagos to Ado-ekiti always excites him as he can ease up and just blaze.

This trip was more satisfying and refreshing because it has been almost 5 months he had driven a bus through here and for a commercial driver, that is torture. Torture not only because he loved this trips but it meant his wife and kid had to depend on the little funds his wife made from her little kiosk for sustainance. But if he had not opened the kiosk for her and stocked it up with goods, it might have been worse.

The reason he stopped driving was simple and very deserving, he had gotten behing the wheels of the bus he was to drive after ingesting a high quantity of alchohol.

The Lagos state Ministry of transportation had banned the sale of all alcoholic drinks in garages and packs and held meetings with the transport unions sensitising them on the dangers of drinking and driving. The unions had agreed with the government and warned it's members not to drink before driving but Micheal was addicted to it.

The woman who sold the local alchoholic brew had come up with a way to hide her drinks and her customers came to her shed in a hidden part of the garage to have a shot or two. Micheal had been one of the visitors there but he did not know that the union and government had laid a trap for him.

He went there one morning as his bus was being boarded and took three shots of his favorite brew and used some sweets to simmer down the smell. But he had been seen by the officials who also disguised as customers. They had pretended like they were operating their phones and taken pictures of him drinking. He strolled out and when his bus was filled, he got into the driver's seat and just as he was about to pull out of the garage, he was arrested.

His Driver's license was seized for three months and even after the three months expired, he could not get anyone to trust him enough to give him a bus to drive. But all that was past now. He was back in the seat he loves so much doing what he loves doing again and what made him happier was that he can provide for his family again.

In the last seat was Ronke. A fresher going for registrations in a new school. She had chose the school in the matriculations because it was far from home. 4 hours from Lagos to be precise and since the state has no airport, there is no risk of her dad or mum jumping on a plane one day and coming to see her. If they will come, they will call her first and tell her ahead.

She loved it because it will allow her do all she wants to do without them monitoring her. She had gone through all previous levels of her education from the house and now, it was getting boring. She hear tales of her friends going to parties and she wishes she can too but her parents will skin her.

She has a curfew of 6pm and anything later is problem even before the curfew, her movements are always monitored as they always ask where she is and who she is with.

When she came for the entrance examinations, her father had said she would not got there but she failed her other exams on purpose so this was the only one she passed and he had no choice.

The journey was long and boring. Nothing to see but the forest on either side of the road. They passed a dam in Ibadan but that was the only water body along the road and Rebecca who was 8 months pregnant was bored.

She was going to see her BF who stayed in Ekiti. He had gotten her pregnant when he came to spend the holidays with a friends of his and Becky as she is called was shocked when she found she was pregnant.

But her boyfriend John had accepted responsibility and promised to stay with her and marry her as soon as he got his act together at work. True to his promise, he came with his parent and wanted to fix a date but they chose to wait for Becky to give birth first as the parents from both sides wanted a big wedding and they judged that it will be safer for her and her baby if she gave birth first before the wedding comes.

She is eager to see John. John had proven to be a gentleman and when the thought of him being a father struck him, he became more responsible. He saved more, quited drinking, got his own appartment and cut his hair a lot more frequently.

Good intension but is the monologue not much?
Re: <<<The Tri-Paternal Son>>> by Nobody: 10:39am On Feb 06, 2013
Chika-Sunday:

Good intension but is the monologue not much?
warris this? were you just unbanned
Re: <<<The Tri-Paternal Son>>> by Mynd44: 6:12am On Feb 08, 2013
As though there was a veil covering her eyes, it fell away and she saw a clearing inside the forest. The place to the ordinary eyes looked like the scene of a fire. A fire which did not even look right as the trees around there have been twisted and some branches were turned into positions they should never be. The grass on the floor was burnt and patched. Some parts were as black as coal while some where still was still green and looked alive.

She saw the bus in a corner and wondered what that bus was doing there and then she saw what looked like bodies scattered all over. The bodies were all looking less like human bodies and more like logs of wood as they were twisted and wrangled all over the bush but within a certain diameter. She knew immediately that whatever happened there was not natural. Something had killed those people and whatever it was had enough power to mask its activities to her sight which made her more curious. But still it did not add up. She has seen where a demi-god grew angry and went on a killing spree but that amount of energy used up there was too much to suggest that it was just a killing frenzy that happened.

From her seeing bowl, she could not see evidence of anything else as it was apparent that whatever had done that was long gone and had done what it wanted to do and so some of her confidence grew. She made up her mind to go see what happened with her eyes and have a feel of what happened there. Also, she grew worried that perhaps that was the result of some rogue demented creature which killed people for fun in which case she would have to inform her sisters about it so they will know what to do. She thought about her food again and knew it will be a long time before she eats.

She shook her head and thought, “I should have just eaten it instead of the pap”

She performed a quick spell to keep it hot and she left for the clearing. The location was fixed by her seeing bowl so she just transported using it as a medium and she kept it opened so that she can have a quick exit if she would need one. As long as this much energy was involved, an exit she could slip through and lock up before she is found seemed to be the wisest idea; she knows her end is near but it wanting a few more weeks. She took her best amulets and protective spells and was in the clearing within seconds.

The clearing was everything she expected it to be and a lot more. Remnants of energy filled everywhere and the whole area smelt of smoke. There was a little hole in one corner and just beside the hole, some marks showed on the ground like threads. She smiled to herself as she knew what created such patterns on the ground Lightning. The grass had suffered most of the effect after the dead people and she wondered what they did to deserve whatever it was that happened. She took a quick look around to see if anything there was alive and worthy of saving but she also had a death spell on her lips that was strong enough to knock out even a demi-god and no human could survive that without help from some very powerful gods. She turned and walked amidst the bodies when she saw a strange stone floating around. It was circular and the edges were smooth as though it was cut on purpose.

She knew very well what the stone was. It is used to store a spell and after sometime the spell goes off, mostly when the culprit is a safe distance away. She quickly pushed a protective ring around her. She could stand a lot of spells but if the energy at work in the clearing was anything to go by, the power the stone might have would be massive effect on her.

She kept her eyes on the stone and some seconds later it erupted into flames and everything around her caught fire. She smiled to herself and shook her head; the fire thing was the easiest of all spells. Even a young initiate can summon fire bigger that the one the stone brought but she left the protection on as the flames grew and she realized it was bigger that she expected it to be but still, she was well protected even without the ring around. Smoke rose to the already darkened sky and the grasses caught fire and even the bodies on the floor began to burn. She began to think the purpose of the flame was to burn the bodies and make the whole thing look like an accident when she heard a baby cry.

She first thought her ears were deceiving her until she turned to a corner and saw an unclad child in the middle of the inferno. The child was not even wrapped in a piece of cloth and she wondered what the child was doing there.

“Perhaps it belongs to one of the passengers” she thought to herself.

She walked to the child before the smoke got to it and picked it up before even discovering that it was a boy. It looked ordinary and there was no evidence of hurt. She wrapped him with her cloth as she moved a little out of the clearing and to her surprise, the fire and smoke was not present there. Just a specified area was burning while the remaining places were left untouched. She stepped out and cuddled the child as became quiet.

The child got quiet at the time Ojoade looked around but could not find the child where it laid before. Someone or something must have taken the child while he was absent and it could not have been the creature. He thought an animal could have been there to eat the still bloodied baby but no animal would enter the clearing with that much energy around. He looked beyond the clearing and as he walked out of it, he saw a figure standing and carrying something that might be a baby. He tightened his fist as the hammer came into his hands and he was ready to strike.

The old woman finished wrapping the child up and felt the presence of someone inside the clearing; she looked up and saw someone walk around as if looking for something. She knew definitely that whoever or whatever was walking around was part of the chaos earlier and she turned to leave but immediately she turned and was about walking away, her movement caused a disruption in the used energy around and she knew she had been seen. She immediately whispered a spell and threw the baby through her bowl into her room while she stood and carried an image of the child in her hands. She turned around and stood facing the clearing and acted as though she was attending to the child with her most powerful curses at her lips and ready to attack with or without provocation...
Re: <<<The Tri-Paternal Son>>> by movmentish(m): 1:26pm On Feb 08, 2013
She immediately whispered t a spell and through the baby through her bowl

That's a threw right?

Mynd the suspense is killing na!!! cry
Re: <<<The Tri-Paternal Son>>> by Mynd44: 1:29pm On Feb 08, 2013
movmentish:

That's a threw right?

Mynd the suspense is killing na!!! cry
My bad....
Re: <<<The Tri-Paternal Son>>> by oyestephen(m): 4:00pm On Feb 08, 2013
Suspense....
Re: <<<The Tri-Paternal Son>>> by Nobody: 4:48pm On Feb 08, 2013
Make ojoade no wound d old witch o.
Re: <<<The Tri-Paternal Son>>> by Obinnau(m): 4:54pm On Feb 08, 2013
you are HOT! Mynd but the suspense is even more hotter than that burning inferno.
Re: <<<The Tri-Paternal Son>>> by laykhorn(m): 9:54am On Feb 09, 2013
Nice update... The heat is back

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) ... (29) (Reply)

"Wole Soyinka And I On Our Way Back To Nigeria" - Prince Adeyinka Success Says / Wole Soyinka Replies Reno Omokri Over Chinua Achebe Being Better Than Him / Mending Fences (romance)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 78
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.