Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,558 members, 7,823,454 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 10:22 AM

Can A Nigerian Man Be Happy With An English Wife? - Culture (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Can A Nigerian Man Be Happy With An English Wife? (21160 Views)

Poll: Yes or no?

Yes: 75% (78 votes)
No: 25% (26 votes)
This poll has ended

Nigerian Man Turns Woman: Mr Dapo Adaralegbe, Now Miss Stephanie Adaralegbe / Tips On Dating A Nigerian Man / Can a Black man Be Racist Towards Fellow Blacks? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Can A Nigerian Man Be Happy With An English Wife? by Frando29(m): 11:34am On Feb 11, 2008
Babyosisi,, mamaput, leila pls this forum is not for unserious people like the three of you. You people should not pour sand into the posters garri. You people best think of putting your acts together and plan for a happy family. I believe yo'all are ladies. The lady have really tried. It's not easy to marry a foreigner and live with him for at least 10yrs with adorable children like that.

Onyinyechi, now I know why your marriage has lasted this long. You are a well groomed woman. You marriage is going to survive I assure you that. I'm still searching for a life partner, if ur sister is like you, can u pass her along to me? grin cheesy grin cheesy grin cheesy grin cheesy grin lipsrsealed
Re: Can A Nigerian Man Be Happy With An English Wife? by maxim007: 11:46am On Feb 11, 2008
Its a good thing that you both love each other. So don't worry about speaking his language.
Re: Can A Nigerian Man Be Happy With An English Wife? by yvskc(f): 2:39pm On Feb 11, 2008
Frando29 ty for that last comment,it was very refreshing.This has become an area of spite for some it seems.
I do have a sister wink I will see what she says grin
@ leilah you need to check back over what I posted to you personally and see that I did not say anything about you that incited negative comments from other posters. I am certainly not in competition with you,I would not be in your shoes for the world!
Just because I do not put up with the nonsense you do doesn't mean you have to get nasty,you said yourself your husband was probrably only after green card.If his people respect you as his wife then they should knock his head for hitting you.God help any man who touches one of my daughters >:
And lastly I call myself YVSKC (the initials of my children,it might mean nothing to you but it is a nic I cannot forget smiley)
@mamput you have said that you believe that I am a liar. And that you have a life. What a contradiction,why does it bother you so much?
I never said that I was better than Leilah for being mixed race,even the quote that you pulled from me didn't say that. I said that I am not in the same boat as her as I am a black woman,it doesn't make me a better person,just that I believe that my marriage is on a different level as I can relate to my husband as a person of colour. Has Leilah ever had to deal with living in a country that discriminates against you because of the colour of your skin?Both me and my husband have,despite the fact that I was born in the UK.
You of all people should know living in Germany,the racist incidents there are many are they not?
You ask me what village I am from.Go and ask the white man who took my ancestors into slavery and across to Jamaica and let me know.I do not know which is why I try to embrace the Nigerian culture and let my children know where they come from.
Even Leilah going to Nigeria would never have faced racism,Nigerians and Africans as a whole are very welcoming to foreigners.
When I travel to Nigeria I hear Oyibo all the time,either that or German,but I do not take offence as it is not said with hatred the way Nigger is when it is said in the UK.
Let me clarify for you mamaput:
Yes I have 5 children all to my Igbo man,he wants one more to make it six.
Yes he is a good husband and I am a good wife,didn't I say that I was lucky? grin
I never said I didn't cook,to the contrary I said I do cook the food (in my opening thread).What I said was my husband cooks for me.And his food is much sweeter than mine smiley grin grin smiley
Ofcourse I speak to his mother,how can I be in her home and not speak to her?She understands and speaks English to a limited degree.
Thank you for giving a break down of my life so far,yes we had our first children when I was 21,and we have been married 15 years in April, and before you start with the assumptions let me tell you we did not have to get married I was not pregnant then.
But you are right in one thing,why after all this time do I worry?And the simple answer is that we want to move back home eventually for life. My husband has just bought land in the village which is what has prompted my query.When I am living in Nigeria permanently how will I cope?
I hope that I have made sense because I found your comments insulting to say the least
Re: Can A Nigerian Man Be Happy With An English Wife? by romeo(m): 4:01pm On Feb 11, 2008
yvskc:

Frando29 ty for that last comment,it was very refreshing.This has become an area of spite for some it seems.
I do have a sister wink I will see what she says grin

Please add my name to the list of suitors for your sister cheesy cheesy cheesy

I hope Mamaput will chill down now that you've cleared her and her confussion wink
Re: Can A Nigerian Man Be Happy With An English Wife? by Nobody: 4:26pm On Feb 11, 2008
Frando29:

Babyosisi,, mamaput, leila please this forum is not for unserious people like the three of you. You people should not pour sand into the posters garri. You people best think of putting your acts together and plan for a happy family. I believe yo'all are ladies. The lady have really tried. It's not easy to marry a foreigner and live with him for at least 10yrs with adorable children like that.

Onyinyechi, now I know why your marriage has lasted this long. You are a well groomed woman. You marriage is going to survive I assure you that. I'm still searching for a life partner, if your sister is like you, can u pass her along to me? grin cheesy grin cheesy grin cheesy grin cheesy grin lipsrsealed

did you at all read my posts and her responses to me ?
keep my name off your lips abeg
Re: Can A Nigerian Man Be Happy With An English Wife? by stellose(f): 5:08pm On Feb 11, 2008
na waoooo
Re: Can A Nigerian Man Be Happy With An English Wife? by mamaput(f): 9:22pm On Feb 11, 2008
good luck to you and your village life.
if you as a mixed person do not find the oyibo calls "That bad" sorry for you.
my whole life in germany no one has ever called me nigger not once.
just maybe if you had kept Leilah name out of your mouth i would have kept mein shut too,
just one more thing no matter how Nigerian you dress or how well you cook or speak the language , you will always remain "the "halfcast"
the not really "one of us" ,. and that even if you were half Nigerian[quote][/quote]
Re: Can A Nigerian Man Be Happy With An English Wife? by mamaput(f): 9:43pm On Feb 11, 2008
as a non Nigerian . you cannot own property like land in Nigeria.
if you want to know how you will cope googel for nigerwives Nigeria and find out.
you say you do not know your village that makes you as far as Nigeria is concerned a "white woman"
My grandma always said marrage has no guarantee.
many nigerian men go home to produce their real children because they think the once in europe are lost.
if you are happy in your marrage go and thank your god and let those who are not happy in their own be
Re: Can A Nigerian Man Be Happy With An English Wife? by romeo(m): 10:23pm On Feb 11, 2008
mamaput:

good luck to you and your village life.
if you as a mixed person do not find the oyibo calls "That bad" sorry for you.
my whole life in germany no one has ever called me nigger not once.
just maybe if you had kept Leilah name out of your mouth i would have kept mein shut too,
just one more thing no matter how Nigerian you dress or how well you cook or speak the language , you will always remain "the "halfcast"
the not really "one of us" ,. and that even if you were half Nigerian

Is this woman crazy?

mamaput:

as a non Nigerian . you cannot own property like land in Nigeria.
if you want to know how you will cope googel for nigerwives Nigeria and find out.
you say you do not know your village that makes you as far as Nigeria is concerned a "white woman"
My grandma always said marrage has no guarantee.
many nigerian men go home to produce their real children because they think the once in europe are lost.
if you are happy in your marrage go and thank your god and let those who are not happy in their own be

Who told you that she is a non Nigerian? A wife of a Nigerian is a Nigerian!! and what kind of land are you talking about ?
I hate people that give out wrong information to satisfy their personal ego, mixed people in Germany are unwanted people like everyother coloured person there.

She did not talk bad of Leilah (even though we all know Leilah and her lies)
Or maybe you can't read properly or that you have problem with accepting that some people can actually live happily with kids shocked

Take your frustrations somewhere else and leave this happy lady alone to be
Re: Can A Nigerian Man Be Happy With An English Wife? by Dreloaded(f): 10:29pm On Feb 11, 2008
romeo, why do you think Leilah is lying?

and i think mam,aput is annoyed cos people were trying to protray ysvkc as being better than Leilah whih I guess he found to be unfair. It is in a way since Lielah's pitful situation is mainly cos she basically has NO self esteem and she's trying to hold on to a 2nd marriage and not end upo a divorcee a third time

Girl needs to realize it's better to be single than to be with a beast

anyway mamaput, yskc has explained herself and I dont think she was trying to say she's a better peerson than leilah, no need to be defensive anymore.
Re: Can A Nigerian Man Be Happy With An English Wife? by yvskc(f): 10:29pm On Feb 11, 2008
@mamaput, it seems that I have to put you straight again.
Firstly I did not say that you should have been called nigger yourself,but that Germany as a whole has a problem with racism,just as the uk does.Can you honestly tell me that blacks have never been attacked or murdered there simply because of the colour of their skin?
Is there not a neo nazi movement there? Maybe you are the white woman after all and not me smiley
Secondly I do not have a problem with Nigerians referring to me as Oyibo because they call my husband that as well as he is a fair skinned black man,but a black man all the same.It is exactly the same in Jamaica so I am used to it.
I spoke out to Leilah because she posted here and said that I was in the same boat  as her,surely I have a right to reply,just as other posters did to her.And I very much doubt that anyone could keep your mouth shut lipsrsealed lipsrsealed
I feel sorry for you having such a bitter heart.
You seem to enjoy pointing out my short comings, and yet you do not even know me grin
I do not care what you think of me and I will not loose sleep over it.Actually it amuses me that you have such opinions.
I know that I will never be a Nigerian and I don't try to be.I am proud of who I am,but as I am married to a Nigerian and we are raising a family I feel it is the right thing to do to adopt his culture,while keeping a tight reign on my own
One thing I am very secure about is the fact that my children will always be accepted in Nigeria by their family and people in their father's village.
It was very ignorant of you to state otherwise.My in laws love the children as they are a part of themselves,and hardly lost,they could find their way to the village on their own by now as they know it well and it knows them grin

Lastly I do thank my God, for giving me such a wonderful life.
Romeo I will mention you to my other sister grin grin
Re: Can A Nigerian Man Be Happy With An English Wife? by mamaput(f): 10:34pm On Feb 11, 2008
Who told you that she is a non Nigerian? A wife of a Nigerian is a Nigerian!! and what kind of land are you talking about ?
I hate people that give out wrong information to satisfy their personal ego, mixed people in Germany are unwanted people like everyother coloured person there.

stop telling dirty lies
do you know how many nigerians have 419 their non nigerian wives to buy lan or house in nigeria.?=
only for these women to find out later that they are no allowed to own it.
go and learn your nigerian law.
Do you think nigeria is a banana republic that takes up everyone.
To become a nigerian she will have to give up her passport and take the nigerian one.
getting married to a nigerian dose not make you a nigerian you cannot be even sure of visa.

no am not the one thats mad. madam is talking of moving to the village. not even a town but village,  good luck to her.

are you Leilah?
even if you did not see the insult i saw it.
not all insults are "shut up and you fool insults",.
Re: Can A Nigerian Man Be Happy With An English Wife? by mamaput(f): 10:49pm On Feb 11, 2008
there is on were in the whole wide world that there is no racism.
are hausas and igbos not killing them selves in nigeria?
This is the www.
i can come under another name like busybody and make up a profile as i like it, and be what ever colour i like.
if you like call me white i do not care then i never deny my mothers blood. if you want to feel free proud black woman
Re: Can A Nigerian Man Be Happy With An English Wife? by romeo(m): 10:51pm On Feb 11, 2008
yvskc:

Romeo I will mention you to my other sister grin grin

Please i urgently need that grin grin grin grin

D-reloaded:

romeo, why do you think Leilah is lying?

Because she should've left that man long time ago, but she will soon come up with another thread about the man

mamaput:

stop telling dirty lies
do you know how many nigerians have 419 their non nigerian wives to buy lan or house in nigeria.?=
only for these women to find out later that they are no allowed to own it.
go and learn your nigerian law.
Do you think nigeria is a banana republic that takes up everyone.
To become a nigerian she will have to give up her passport and take the nigerian one.
getting married to a nigerian dose not make you a nigerian you cannot be even sure of visa.

no am not the one thats mad. madam is talking of moving to the village. not even a town but village, good luck to her.

are you Leilah?
even if you did not see the insult i saw it.
not all insults are "shut up and you fool insults",.

She is a already a Nigerian by cultural standards and i was not refering to the passports! I've never met a Nigerian that is married with kids trying to defraud his wife for the simple sake of buying a land in the village, that's a dumb accusation
And igbo man for that matter!!

what is wrong in moving to a village? my own village is a developed village
Re: Can A Nigerian Man Be Happy With An English Wife? by mamaput(f): 11:13pm On Feb 11, 2008
open your eyes the woman is telling tales.
no woman that has been married to a Nigerian for so many years will give out information like
the husbands name the sons name , the name the husband calls her by.
even i here in germany can trace her to were she is by word of jungle drum.
so 1 she is lieing
2 she has no www experience
3 she is really stupid(but i do not have that impression.
i just think she may have 5 kids or not.
but i strongly believe she has not been married for more that 2 1/2 years.
i deal with a lot of married women . married white women that have been married for 2 to over 20 years.those married for over 7 to 8 years talk/write different.
am talking about women i deal with every day
Re: Can A Nigerian Man Be Happy With An English Wife? by Dreloaded(f): 11:15pm On Feb 11, 2008
ok mamaput seriously why do you care. I understand that before you were just being defensive on behalf of Leilah, now you're just being unnecessarily malicious.
Re: Can A Nigerian Man Be Happy With An English Wife? by ST3V3(m): 11:22pm On Feb 11, 2008
Can't u ladies stop being defensive and carry on with the topic please?
Re: Can A Nigerian Man Be Happy With An English Wife? by mamaput(f): 11:24pm On Feb 11, 2008
D-reloaded:

ok mamaput seriously why do you care. I understand that before you were just being defensive on behalf of Leilah, now you're just being unnecessarily malicious.
i take that as a complement

other womwn i meet on the internet that are happly married talk about how to bring ther mother inlaw fo treatment or what the best prepaid cards are on the market. etc etc.
those that know me  very well know that i was always right when i say "you lie"
Re: Can A Nigerian Man Be Happy With An English Wife? by mamaput(f): 11:29pm On Feb 11, 2008
I love my man but before him and me come our child and if I am unhappy then the child will be unhappy right?

whats with children.

i will bet he has no say about the daughter that dose not want to go to church. we all know why.
Re: Can A Nigerian Man Be Happy With An English Wife? by realcele: 12:33am On Feb 12, 2008
You are so lucky you have a problem with immediate solution, go learn Igbo. As a poster said nothing you do will justify anyone loving or not loving you. Life is to be enjoyed not be worried about.
Re: Can A Nigerian Man Be Happy With An English Wife? by almondjoy(f): 1:03am On Feb 12, 2008
stellose:

na waoooo

That is the only thing I can say at this point! Thank you for echoing ma thoughts.

How things just get out of hand in a split second is what I fail to understand on Nairaland and with human beings in general!
Re: Can A Nigerian Man Be Happy With An English Wife? by yvskc(f): 1:16am On Feb 12, 2008
This woman is truly beyond belief,because I do not talk about pre paid card. grin grin
And u call me stupid
I am in love with my husband as though I met him yesterday,let alone 2 and half years.
Maybe that is your problem,you want me to talk as though I was bored or unhappy or stuck in r/ship.
Some women love to hear of another woman's misery angry
What kind of human being are you to waste your time on someone u think is stupid?
I did not give out my husbands name. Get your facts straight put, I cannot call u mama,that is compliment not fitting u.
You spend your time on net talking to white married women,maybe too much time.
I will no longer dignify u with a response put, life is too short.
God bless
Re: Can A Nigerian Man Be Happy With An English Wife? by Leilah(f): 1:26am On Feb 12, 2008
oh dear, oh dear! shocked
Re: Can A Nigerian Man Be Happy With An English Wife? by Oluchia(f): 7:42am On Feb 12, 2008
@mamaput
What the heck? shocked I think you are taking this too far angry. Please take a chill pill angry.
Re: Can A Nigerian Man Be Happy With An English Wife? by mamaput(f): 7:48am On Feb 12, 2008
yvskc i never said that these women are unhappy. but even in love we have levels.
are they not using the prepaid cards to phone their husbands.
or are they not looking for better prepaid cards to suprise their men.
Any way must people here are too young to know were am comming from.
People that have benn marred for 10 years talk of other "problems" and not the good old i do not speak the language problem. ,. they have left that stage behind.
Re: Can A Nigerian Man Be Happy With An English Wife? by otele(m): 9:25am On Feb 12, 2008
this mamaput is a product of a broken home, victim of child abuse and victim of an unhappy(if not broken) relationship.

we should appreciate her history. grin
Re: Can A Nigerian Man Be Happy With An English Wife? by mamaput(f): 9:31am On Feb 12, 2008
otele:

this mamaput is a product of a broken home, victim of child abuse and victim of an unhappy(if not broken) relationship.

we should appreciate her history. grin
thankyou
Re: Can A Nigerian Man Be Happy With An English Wife? by romeo(m): 10:38am On Feb 12, 2008
@Yvsck

Did you snatch any man from Mamaput?
Re: Can A Nigerian Man Be Happy With An English Wife? by yvskc(f): 11:22am On Feb 12, 2008
No Romeo,I did not!And would not ,I love my fellow woman grin
Which is why I am extending a hand of friendship to mamaput and hopefully
end all this nonsense.
mamaput u are prob right that people here are younger than you and I,although I don't know how
old u are, at 34 I am too old to be scrapping with a woman I do not know.We should set example
for younger generation eh?
And as Christians have a more forgiving heart.
What do u say? cheesy
Re: Can A Nigerian Man Be Happy With An English Wife? by BlackEbony(m): 11:38am On Feb 12, 2008
Am truly happy for you taking that bold step learning to cook his native meals thats a big plus for you I guarantee his immediate family would love you dearly for it everything else would fall in to place as time goes on, though I tend to agree with one of the posters here that you are inflicting injuries on yourself by thinking whether he 'would keep loving you till the end of time' just keep showing him that unadulterated love also cast your mind away form such thoughts and you would have a wonderful marriage till death do you both part!
Re: Can A Nigerian Man Be Happy With An English Wife? by almondjoy(f): 2:07pm On Feb 12, 2008
And the saga continues! cheesy grin cheesy grin cheesy cheesy grin cheesy grin grin cheesy grin

Chai!!!!!! Nairalandyyyyyyyyyy!!! grin

Everyday you log on na different drama! grin

mamaput:

thankyou

mama mama!!! Na wah for you oooooooooooh! grin

yvskc:

No Romeo,I did not!And would not ,I love my fellow woman grin
Which is why I am extending a hand of friendship to mamaput and hopefully
end all this nonsense.
mamaput u are prob right that people here are younger than you and I,although I don't know how
old u are, at 34 I am too old to be scrapping with a woman I do not know.We should set example
for younger generation eh?
And as Christians have a more forgiving heart.
What do u say? cheesy

And. . . . . . . . . . you are so sweet! kiss
Re: Can A Nigerian Man Be Happy With An English Wife? by 9jaGambare(f): 2:29pm On Feb 12, 2008
@yvskc

I really admire your courage and dedication to your marriage.
15 years and 5 children is NEVER easy I think. wink

I have been married for about 10 years and like others said, language or cooking isn't the real cause of the problem but behavior/attitude is. So, keeping a marriage for 15 years just speaks itself, I mean you are really trying.
And we also have a plan to go back to the village after the retirement so why don't you learn Igbo together? grin my time will be after 20 years from now though grin grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply)

Why Do Africans Have Foreign Names? / PFN, Anambra Community Bicker Over Killing Of Snake / The Hardest of the 3 Major Language to Learn

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 81
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.