Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,500 members, 7,954,915 topics. Date: Saturday, 21 September 2024 at 12:27 PM

China Warns Citizens In Nigeria Against Maltreating Employees - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / China Warns Citizens In Nigeria Against Maltreating Employees (9538 Views)

AIT Denies Maltreating The Presidency During The Campaign Period / Ghana Sends Begging Team To Nigeria Against Friday-channels Tv / Stop Visiting War-Torn And Hungry Nigeria – Zimbabwe First Lady Warns Citizens (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

China Warns Citizens In Nigeria Against Maltreating Employees by Nobody: 1:29pm On Nov 12, 2012

China, Director General of Information in the Ministry of Foreign Affairs, Mr. Lu Shaye

By Omololu Ogunmade

The government of the Peoples Republic of China has warned its citizens living and doing business in Nigeria and other parts of Africa against ill-behaviour towards their employees, saying it will not condone any act capable of tarnishing China’s image and simultaneously hampering the good relations between the two countries.

Speaking during a session with African jourmalists who are currently on a visit to China, Director General of Information in the Ministry of Foreign Affairs, Mr. Lu Shaye, said the government was aware of the misdemeanours of some of its citizens towards their employees in Nigeria and other parts of Africa, insisting that “we oppose such actions.”

Shaye who was responding to questions by the delegation about the ill-behaviour of Chinese employees towards their employers in the country, explained that the government was currently devising ways of correcting such anomalies, adding that the government had warned its citizens in all parts of Africa to treat peoples of their host countries with respect, obey their rules and regulations and as well live in harmony with them.

According to Shaye who distanced China and the government from “such acts, such attitudes are totally isolated and doesn’t represent China’s attitude,” as he appealed to the African media to assist the government of China in exposing any negative acts of Chinese residents in their countries, emphasising that the media should report such acts in a way that the relations between Africa and the country will not be hampered.
Further, he noted that “improper acts of some Chinese will also affect the image of China in Africa. This deserves prompt attention. Chinese in African countries should behave themselves and promote Chinese culture,” he warned.

In the same vein, Chinese Ministry of Foreign Affairs has appealed to African journalists to give better coverage to events in China, regretting that much of what is known in Africa about China is done through the Western media.

While promising that the government will also ensure the coverage of Africa by Chinese media, the ministry pledged government assistance to African journalists who are willing to cover China or be resident in the country.
Source: http://www.thisdaylive.com/articles/china-warns-citizens-in-nigeria-against-maltreating-employees/130377/?
Re: China Warns Citizens In Nigeria Against Maltreating Employees by redsun(m): 1:51pm On Nov 12, 2012
Can you imagine?It is more like home colonialist government warning her representatives abroad to see and treat africans as human beings,not as animals like they do treat them.

In the 21st century,in your own country,some chinco from far away land come to your country to maltreat you.That to me is colonization all over again.

10 Likes

Re: China Warns Citizens In Nigeria Against Maltreating Employees by emyibe(m): 2:24pm On Nov 12, 2012
China@it again
Re: China Warns Citizens In Nigeria Against Maltreating Employees by Afam4eva(m): 2:25pm On Nov 12, 2012
Africans have become slaves in their own continent. Who will i blame if not our corrupt leaders.
Re: China Warns Citizens In Nigeria Against Maltreating Employees by manny4life(m): 2:26pm On Nov 12, 2012
Haha, people should chill jor, the slavery has gradually started but in a more modern way... grin grin grin
Re: China Warns Citizens In Nigeria Against Maltreating Employees by Nobody: 2:26pm On Nov 12, 2012
lol!
Re: China Warns Citizens In Nigeria Against Maltreating Employees by souleymon(m): 2:27pm On Nov 12, 2012
redsun: Can you imagine?It is more like home colonialist government warning her representatives abroad to see and treat africans as human beings,not as animals like they do treat them.

In the 21st century,in your own country,some chinco from far away land come to your country to maltreat you.That to me is colonization all over again.

In 21st Century
Re: China Warns Citizens In Nigeria Against Maltreating Employees by RedLight1: 2:31pm On Nov 12, 2012
redsun: Can you imagine?It is more like home colonialist government warning her representatives abroad to see and treat africans as human beings,not as animals like they do treat them.

are ur leaders not maltreating u? are the rulers not the same set of people that sold u out to the chinkos.... blame ur rulers...if chinko leaders had sold chinko peoples dignity to americans ... do u think americans wont do far worse? fhuck our leaders rulers
Re: China Warns Citizens In Nigeria Against Maltreating Employees by bunchyproject(m): 2:32pm On Nov 12, 2012
God Help us
Re: China Warns Citizens In Nigeria Against Maltreating Employees by Abujafood: 2:33pm On Nov 12, 2012
The chinkos in Nigeria no dey hear word! By the way isn't the same Nigerians that will encourage them through eye service, desperation to keep a job and low self esteem?
Re: China Warns Citizens In Nigeria Against Maltreating Employees by Nuzo1(m): 2:36pm On Nov 12, 2012
Lol... grin cheesy

China is not even so interested in the working conditions of her citizens in China, not to talk of some Nigerians in far away Africa. tongue

Nigerians wake up! angry
Re: China Warns Citizens In Nigeria Against Maltreating Employees by dnawah(m): 2:37pm On Nov 12, 2012
India take note
Re: China Warns Citizens In Nigeria Against Maltreating Employees by Nobody: 2:38pm On Nov 12, 2012
Eyaa! Chinco dey complain...Nigerians pls stp maltreating chinese
Re: China Warns Citizens In Nigeria Against Maltreating Employees by Nobody: 2:43pm On Nov 12, 2012
a couple of months ago i was at a ccecc office in lagos.
while i waited to be attended to by an official i noticed a guy was yapping off on the phone.
moments later, i heard a loud bang.
i looked up and saw this same guy staring at pieces of a shattered phone on the ground.
apparently, the chinese guy who was attending to him took the phone off him and threw it against the wall.

1 Like

Re: China Warns Citizens In Nigeria Against Maltreating Employees by Redmosquito(m): 2:44pm On Nov 12, 2012
Minion: Ur Painfulness! China has condemned the callous acts of her citizens.
Hades: There is a saying that comes to mind.
Minion: Enlighten me, My King!
Hades: It is bad when our leaders piss on us. It is worse when strangers join in the pissing.
Minion: My Lord! U amaze me

6 Likes

Re: China Warns Citizens In Nigeria Against Maltreating Employees by topsyking: 2:47pm On Nov 12, 2012
CHINESE pple r animals animals..dat is how dey treat all african worker if u r black,not only nigeria..go ghana,gambia,senegal..dats hw dey do...dey will never try dat in north or south africa..
ANIMALS...I never feel pity or sympathy when I hear boko kill chinese worker..wat dey do to our pple living in china is been reciprocate to dem
Re: China Warns Citizens In Nigeria Against Maltreating Employees by Kslib(m): 2:49pm On Nov 12, 2012
Ehen,Even if they warn Nigeria nkoh? What can wa do? Nothing!!! Nothing!! Afterall,we brought it upon ourselves. When the chinese were busy learning technology,what was our country doing? Na before all dis kain talk dey pain,but now i am used to it.. Since we dont want to move forward,then why wont we be commanded/controlled and colonised again.. If common Zimbabwe,Gambia and others can say rubbish to our face,then we should be grateful that the chinese are only warning us.. Abeg china,make una no seize Nigeria for we hand oh.. We will not repeat it again.. China please forgive us... Hahahaahaaa!!!!!
Make we sidon dey look.. One day,our leaders go dash one state to china.. Dat time una go begin bear names like "pao ton chan Okafor" "xing xao Balogun" "quan ying Muhammed".... Na dat time una eye go clear...
Inshort, i don tire for this country.. Make person con kill me abeg.. I wan die... Any spirit of death,i rebuke you in Jesus name ...amen...

5 Likes

Re: China Warns Citizens In Nigeria Against Maltreating Employees by Nobody: 2:50pm On Nov 12, 2012
Bwahhahahaha

I can't blame them, that's high power...

They earned it! grin
Re: China Warns Citizens In Nigeria Against Maltreating Employees by markus1133: 2:53pm On Nov 12, 2012
well u cant blame them
Re: China Warns Citizens In Nigeria Against Maltreating Employees by Nobody: 2:54pm On Nov 12, 2012
Nobody can forcefully take away your self esteem,except you give it to them.

Chinese are behaving like this,cos no one to checkmate their excesses,and Nigerian too are guilt tOo.accepting all manner of working condition,all in the name of seeking daily bread.
Re: China Warns Citizens In Nigeria Against Maltreating Employees by Joeblis(m): 2:54pm On Nov 12, 2012
You need to see the way one chinco man was beating to pop...can you imagine a chinco man calling you a black lazy monkey because you didnt get the job right, in your own country?damn if not for the intervention of the police, na bone 4 remain...i trust my hausa guys na.
Re: China Warns Citizens In Nigeria Against Maltreating Employees by Hoodrat(m): 2:57pm On Nov 12, 2012
Dont blame the chines blame the Government and the individual that chose to allow it to continue happen to them, if you are too coward/brainwashed and not man enough to kick or stone a racist chines who maltreat you in your own land truly you are an animal as the chines view you. Animal cant act in defence when is been oppress.
Re: China Warns Citizens In Nigeria Against Maltreating Employees by ceejay80s(m): 2:57pm On Nov 12, 2012
e remain indians
Re: China Warns Citizens In Nigeria Against Maltreating Employees by Blackteeth(m): 3:10pm On Nov 12, 2012
The title of this topic shows that english is not a perfectly built language. You can also understand the title as Nigerian citizens oppressing Chinese employees. To solve this problem the title should read: "China warns HER citizens in Nigeria against maltreating Nigerian employees"

5 Likes

Re: China Warns Citizens In Nigeria Against Maltreating Employees by Nobody: 3:12pm On Nov 12, 2012
Africans are sold for a price by their corrupt leaders to the world a long time ago, even they collected mirror, Chelsea gin, dagger knife e.t.c in the process of this trade longtime ago.
Re: China Warns Citizens In Nigeria Against Maltreating Employees by Kslib(m): 3:22pm On Nov 12, 2012
H$LBroker:
Africans are sold for a price by their corrupt leaders to the world a long time ago, even they collected mirror, Chelsea gin, dagger knife e.t.c in the process of this trade longtime ago.
Hahaahahaahaaa!!!! It's so sad,but i have to laff... the abokis collected dagger,the deltans collected chelsea gin.. Who collected mirror?
Re: China Warns Citizens In Nigeria Against Maltreating Employees by Venchy: 3:25pm On Nov 12, 2012
Can you blame the Chinese?

A country like Nigeria only have Laws in the book but never practice it, it shows how our Government of CROOKS value NIGERIANS and Chinese could come into the country to establish a business that will leads to i'll treatment.....There's no Employment Laws and if there's Top people won't listen because of BRIBE.

This is where we are now, WE NEED TO SORT OURSELVES OUT FIRST before we can start complaining.

Come to UK and try that mess then you'll smell yourself when the Law clamp on you.

Nigeria I Hail thee.

1 Like

Re: China Warns Citizens In Nigeria Against Maltreating Employees by vascey(m): 3:40pm On Nov 12, 2012
It just shows the weakness of our government and systems
Where a foreign government has to warn their nationals not to maltreat the citizens of their host country.
It is just embarrassing.

1 Like

Re: China Warns Citizens In Nigeria Against Maltreating Employees by ubong560(m): 3:44pm On Nov 12, 2012
Just lik a king without a kingdom or a child who rightfully supposed 2b d king bt som uncertain circumstances put him in a slavery conditn. If nt our hopeless situatn primarily engineered by our corrupt and unrepented leaders, wch foreigner talkless of pple (china) who produce inferior products would av had an upper hand on us? They received billions on contracts bt u can bare change slippers frm wat they pay u and stil on dat, u r handled lik a recalcitrance namma. I dont blame dem sha!
Re: China Warns Citizens In Nigeria Against Maltreating Employees by IleIfe2(m): 3:48pm On Nov 12, 2012
Anybody that can't do what the Chinese are doing should keep quiet. the Chinese government is warning its citizens not to get carried away, which is good. If you work with a Chinese man and you lazy, you'll have a problem. Same complain from all over Africa "Chinese are treating us bad" why won't they treat you bad?

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

The Remains Of Yakowa Arrives In Kaduna / NNPC Remits N1.118 Trillion Into Federation Account In One Year / UGM Destroy Army Trucks In Orlu As Soldiers Flee On Foot For Dear Life

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.