Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,661 members, 7,809,501 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 10:37 AM

What Has Been Your Unique Experience With Long Fasting? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / What Has Been Your Unique Experience With Long Fasting? (10745 Views)

My Experience With Fake Bishop Oyedepo On Facebook(snapshots) / My Experience With The Super Natural / A Nairalander's Life Experience With Mermaids! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Has Been Your Unique Experience With Long Fasting? by Alaanyihaji(m): 4:46pm On Nov 12, 2012
Fasting,I have grown to understand helps to bring the body under the control of the spirit for the purpose of consecration and prayer.

There are different types: dry fasting 'biri biri', Daniel's fasting, 7days, 14days, 21 days 40 days etc. Along the line,I have personally discovered that fasting have some medicinal effect and also helps me to keep fit.

What are your own unique experience with periodical long fasting? Pls share with us.
Re: What Has Been Your Unique Experience With Long Fasting? by ytdivine(m): 8:19pm On Nov 13, 2012
each time am fasting, i discover i look more beautiful because of the glory of God covering me

8 Likes

Re: What Has Been Your Unique Experience With Long Fasting? by ATMC(f): 9:51pm On Nov 13, 2012
There was a time i's involved in a 3-day dry fast...d first day came and passed, on d night of d second day, around past midnight, i started calling my sister who was by me, with a faint voice, fortunately, she woke unlike her...i told her to get me food, she adviced dt i take orange, which i did, she then went on to warm d food but i stopped her so she brought d food as it is, thawed from d freezer...i ate voraciously...and few seconds afterwards i threw up everything...i had no physical strength, i had to draw strength from within me...it was an experience dt i wouldn't want to relive...since that experience my fast has never exceeded 3pm

5 Likes

Re: What Has Been Your Unique Experience With Long Fasting? by Nobody: 11:41pm On Nov 13, 2012
ATMC: There was a time i's involved in a 3-day dry fast...d first day came and passed, on d night of d second day, around past midnight, i started calling my sister who was by me, with a faint voice, fortunately, she woke unlike her...i told her to get me food, she adviced dt i take orange, which i did, she then went on to warm d food but i stopped her so she brought d food as it is, thawed from d freezer...i ate voraciously...and few seconds afterwards i threw up everything...i had no physical strength, i had to draw strength from within me...it was an experience dt i wouldn't want to relive...since that experience my fast has never exceeded 3pm

Nairalander lol

1 Like

Re: What Has Been Your Unique Experience With Long Fasting? by NEROSKY(m): 11:47pm On Nov 13, 2012
just reading comments!

1 Like

Re: What Has Been Your Unique Experience With Long Fasting? by candieangel12(f): 11:50pm On Nov 13, 2012
Im currently on day 2 of a 60 day water fast. Its not for religious or spiritual reasons though. Its more for my personal benefit. Wish me luck smiley
Re: What Has Been Your Unique Experience With Long Fasting? by Gracious10: 11:54pm On Nov 13, 2012
ATMC: There was a time i's involved in a 3-day dry fast...d first day came and passed, on d night of d second day, around past midnight, i started calling my sister who was by me, with a faint voice, fortunately, she woke unlike her...i told her to get me food, she adviced dt i take orange, which i did, she then went on to warm d food but i stopped her so she brought d food as it is, thawed from d freezer...i ate voraciously...and few seconds afterwards i threw up everything...i had no physical strength, i had to draw strength from within me...it was an experience dt i wouldn't want to relive...since that experience my fast has never exceeded 3pm

ROTFL!! grin cheesy grin

2 Likes

Re: What Has Been Your Unique Experience With Long Fasting? by abiL(f): 11:57pm On Nov 13, 2012

Haahhaha I got so much jokes reading that

1 Like

Re: What Has Been Your Unique Experience With Long Fasting? by dabrake(m): 11:57pm On Nov 13, 2012
Haven't fasted willingly. The last time I fasted was about 11 years ago. Omo, I love my food oh. Aint trading it for any hunger strike

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What Has Been Your Unique Experience With Long Fasting? by NEROSKY(m): 11:58pm On Nov 13, 2012
candieangel12: Im currently on day 2 of a 60 day water fast. Its not for religious or spiritual reasons though. Its more of my personal benefit. Wish me luck smiley

looking 4 shape..i know too well,anyway, best of lucks, may you look lik Kim after all ur fastings..

2 Likes

Re: What Has Been Your Unique Experience With Long Fasting? by abiL(f): 11:58pm On Nov 13, 2012
candieangel12: Im currently on day 2 of a 60 day water fast. Its not for religious or spiritual reasons though. Its more for my personal benefit. Wish me luck smiley

No weed cool

4 Likes

Re: What Has Been Your Unique Experience With Long Fasting? by Ndoz(m): 12:02am On Nov 14, 2012
candieangel12: Im currently on day 2 of a 60 day water fast. Its not for religious or spiritual reasons though. Its more for my personal benefit. Wish me luck smiley
husband thins

1 Like

Re: What Has Been Your Unique Experience With Long Fasting? by Nobody: 12:07am On Nov 14, 2012
I finally laughed today. Thanks for this laughter medicine. This is classic.
Re: What Has Been Your Unique Experience With Long Fasting? by proudly9ja(m): 12:08am On Nov 14, 2012

Ure doing the 60 day weight loss thing? All the best. I know someone who did it (if that's it) and turned out well for her

1 Like

Re: What Has Been Your Unique Experience With Long Fasting? by Jepsy: 12:09am On Nov 14, 2012
It leads a believer more closer to God and make him/her brave knowing that he is untouchable, also give a joy to the fellow.[b][/b]

2 Likes

Re: What Has Been Your Unique Experience With Long Fasting? by candieangel12(f): 12:10am On Nov 14, 2012
abiL:

No weed cool

Lol my dear no weed ooo. Gona be high on water only.
Re: What Has Been Your Unique Experience With Long Fasting? by candieangel12(f): 12:10am On Nov 14, 2012
Ndoz:
husband thins

Nope my dear, not even thinkin abt husband right now.
Re: What Has Been Your Unique Experience With Long Fasting? by candieangel12(f): 12:12am On Nov 14, 2012
proudly9ja:

Ure doing the 60 day weight loss thing? All the best. I know someone who did it (if that's it) and turned out well for her

Thanks lol. Yep im tryna get back down to 98 pounds or at most 100 pounds.
Re: What Has Been Your Unique Experience With Long Fasting? by candieangel12(f): 12:13am On Nov 14, 2012
NEROSKY:

looking 4 shape..i know too well,anyway, best of lucks, may you look lik Kim after all ur fastings..

Thank you!
Re: What Has Been Your Unique Experience With Long Fasting? by abiL(f): 12:14am On Nov 14, 2012
candieangel12:

Thanks lol. Yep im tryna get back down to 98 pounds or at most 100 pounds.

All the best love.

1 Like

Re: What Has Been Your Unique Experience With Long Fasting? by Nobody: 12:14am On Nov 14, 2012
I once succumbed to the fad of dry fasting, and went 3 days with not even water. The end of the first day was like the end of my life, I was better the second day, and I think I died and resurrected on the third. I was in AGBEDE MEJI ORUN OHUN AIYE

7 Likes

Re: What Has Been Your Unique Experience With Long Fasting? by candieangel12(f): 12:15am On Nov 14, 2012
didadavid: I once succumbed to the fad of dry fasting, and went 3 days with not even water. The end of the first day was like the end of my life, I was better the second day, and I think I died and resurrected on the third. I was in AGBEDE MEJI ORUN OHUN AIYE

LMAO

4 Likes

Re: What Has Been Your Unique Experience With Long Fasting? by candieangel12(f): 12:16am On Nov 14, 2012
abiL:

All the best love.

Thank you dearie wink
Re: What Has Been Your Unique Experience With Long Fasting? by Nobody: 12:16am On Nov 14, 2012
If you starve yourself for 60 days just for the sake of losing weight, what do you think will happen to you after you finally eat?
The result would be different based on your inherent body type, but If thickness is your natural body-type,
your body will simply make sure it stores EVERYTHING you eat afterwards and give it to you as fat to deal with.

A thick body is essentially a body that is "too efficient" with managing energy. When it realises you are entering starvation mode, it will make sure it reduces certain processes, and does the bare minimum and it will increase the percentage of the food it stores as fat. this is what experts call "killing your metabolism".

For such body-types, a light fast is recommended. One that involves eating something small and light in-betweens. Or even better, a daniel fast which involves eating only a specific type of food (i.e. not generally enjoyable).

I am yet to see anyone with a naturally thick body who is happy with themselves a few months after going on a very long hardcore fast.

4 Likes

Re: What Has Been Your Unique Experience With Long Fasting? by abiL(f): 12:20am On Nov 14, 2012
2buff: If you starve yourself for 60 days just for the sake of losing weight, what do you think will happen to you after you finally eat?
The result would be different based on your inherent body type, but If thickness is your natural body-type,
your body will simply make sure it stores EVERYTHING you eat afterwards and give it to you as fat to deal with.

A thick body is essentially a body that is "too efficient" with managing energy. When it realises you are entering starvation mode, it will make sure it reduces certain processes, and does the bare minimum and it will increase the percentage of the food it stores as fat. this is what experts call "killing your metabolism".

For such body-types, a light fast is recommended. One that involves eating something small and light in-betweens. Or even better, a daniel fast which involves eating only a specific type of food (i.e. not generally enjoyable).

Today is not Sunday o! Quit with the sermon and share your experience with fasting tongue

1 Like

Re: What Has Been Your Unique Experience With Long Fasting? by abiL(f): 12:21am On Nov 14, 2012
didadavid: I once succumbed to the fad of dry fasting, and went 3 days with not even water. The end of the first day was like the end of my life, I was better the second day, and I think I died and resurrected on the third. I was in AGBEDE MEJI ORUN OHUN AIYE

Lool haahhaha you're too much grin cheesy
Re: What Has Been Your Unique Experience With Long Fasting? by Nobody: 12:21am On Nov 14, 2012
abiL:

Today is not Sunday o! Quit with the sermon and share your experience with fasting tongue

I am. did you even bother to read my essay? cheesy
And where is my food?

Darling I'm starving. It's not good to starve undecided
Re: What Has Been Your Unique Experience With Long Fasting? by Nobody: 12:23am On Nov 14, 2012
Once did 6-6 fasting for 1 week. Wow, never again. I'm not one to eat much but during the fast, the hunger was so much I was so tempted to break the fast. My fasts now are usually from 6-12.
Re: What Has Been Your Unique Experience With Long Fasting? by abiL(f): 12:31am On Nov 14, 2012
2buff:

I am. did you even bother to read my essay? cheesy
undecided

Ain't nobody got time for this lipsrsealed
Re: What Has Been Your Unique Experience With Long Fasting? by candieangel12(f): 12:33am On Nov 14, 2012
2buff: If you starve yourself for 60 days just for the sake of losing weight, what do you think will happen to you after you finally eat?

I am yet to see anyone with a naturally thick body who is happy with themselves a few months after going on a very long hardcore fast.

Did a 40 day fast with my mom 4 a spiritual reason like 7yrs ago. I lost 55 pounds n gained back only 9 pounds. The first 4 days were terrible but after that it was a breeze. I might not go the full 60 days this time around cus I only need to lose 30 pounds to be at my goal of 98 pounds. Im just sayin 60 days just incase shit happens lol.
Re: What Has Been Your Unique Experience With Long Fasting? by Nobody: 12:43am On Nov 14, 2012
candieangel12:

Did a 40 day fast with my mom 4 a spiritual reason like 7yrs ago. I lost 55 pounds n gained back only 9 pounds. The first 4 days were terrible but after that it was a breeze. I might not go the full 60 days this time around cus I only need to lose 30 pounds to be at my goal of 98 pounds. Im just sayin 60 days just incase shit happens lol.

So you are 128 pounds (a lovely weight BTW) and want to lose 30 pounds more weight by fasting/starving?
Don't kill your metabolism any more than you have to sha.

Otherwise after you get married/born pikin, the blowing-up go too serious.
It's not sustainable. Do am jeje abeg.
Post-marriage ninjobecity is never a fair thing cheesy

1 Like

Re: What Has Been Your Unique Experience With Long Fasting? by Nobody: 12:44am On Nov 14, 2012
abiL:

Ain't nobody got time for this lipsrsealed

And my food? angry

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

How Could An Illiterate Man Who Lived 1400 Years Ago Know This?? / Is Grail Message A Cult Religion / Advice For Paying Tithe Needed Urgently!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.