Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,488 members, 7,819,768 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 10:49 PM

What Has Been Your Unique Experience With Long Fasting? - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / What Has Been Your Unique Experience With Long Fasting? (10769 Views)

My Experience With Fake Bishop Oyedepo On Facebook(snapshots) / My Experience With The Super Natural / A Nairalander's Life Experience With Mermaids! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Has Been Your Unique Experience With Long Fasting? by Nobody: 12:47am On Nov 14, 2012
Fasting and prayer is mostly practiced by the poor ,stops them from attacking the rich
Re: What Has Been Your Unique Experience With Long Fasting? by abiL(f): 12:51am On Nov 14, 2012
2buff:

And my food? angry

You're on a thread about fasting.

Lead by example

angry
Re: What Has Been Your Unique Experience With Long Fasting? by Nobody: 12:52am On Nov 14, 2012
abiL:

You're on a thread about fasting.

Lead by example

angry

No angry angry angry

....unless you want to join me? undecided
Re: What Has Been Your Unique Experience With Long Fasting? by abiL(f): 12:54am On Nov 14, 2012
2buff:

No angry angry angry

....unless you want to join me? undecided

STOP DERAILING THIS THREAD!!! angry
Re: What Has Been Your Unique Experience With Long Fasting? by Nobody: 12:58am On Nov 14, 2012
abiL:

STOP DERAILING THIS THREAD!!! angry

Look here lil wifey, the point on ground is that fasting makes me hungry.
So if you like yourself, best get me some freaking food or I'LL EAT YOU!
angry angry angry wink angry angry angry
Re: What Has Been Your Unique Experience With Long Fasting? by candieangel12(f): 1:05am On Nov 14, 2012
2buff:

So you are 128 pounds (a lovely weight BTW) and want to lose 30 pounds more weight by fasting/starving?
Don't kill your metabolism any more than you have to sha.

Otherwise after you get married/born pikin, the blowing-up go too serious.
It's not sustainable. Do am jeje abeg.
Post-marriage ninjobecity is never a fair thing cheesy
Lol thanks a lot, I appreciate your advice. N yeah 128 isn't that lovely lol.
Re: What Has Been Your Unique Experience With Long Fasting? by Nobody: 1:11am On Nov 14, 2012
candieangel12:
Lol thanks a lot, I appreciate your advice. N yeah 128 isn't that lovely lol.

Abeg luv, let the weight you lose from this point on be through normal sensible eating and exercise.
Anything extreme has a very high chance of backfiring against you in the future.

and 128 IS a lovely weight. The only way it wouldn't be lovely is if you burnt up all your muscle mass while loosing it (direct result of starvation/fasting).
If you lose weight the "slower", natural way you would be beautiful even if you were 140 because your body would still maintain enough muscle mass to keep that body perky.

Never starve to lose. smiley
Re: What Has Been Your Unique Experience With Long Fasting? by Nobody: 1:17am On Nov 14, 2012
What did abil say and why was her post blocked?
Re: What Has Been Your Unique Experience With Long Fasting? by abiL2: 1:18am On Nov 14, 2012
2buff: What did abil say and why was her post blocked?

Py flipping guru blocked me for no damn reason angry
Re: What Has Been Your Unique Experience With Long Fasting? by Nobody: 1:22am On Nov 14, 2012
abiL*:

Py flipping guru blocked me for no damn reason angry

Anyway, iyawo mi.
My food nko? We don dey on top dis matter too long naw. angry
Hope say no be lie your people lie give me when dem tell me say you fit cook when we dey negotiate brideprice undecided

So tey since I marry you na so-so pizza i dey chop. lipsrsealed
How far? angry
Re: What Has Been Your Unique Experience With Long Fasting? by candieangel12(f): 3:33am On Nov 14, 2012
2buff:

Abeg luv, let the weight you lose from this point on be through normal sensible eating and exercise.
Anything extreme has a very high chance of backfiring against you in the future.

and 128 IS a lovely weight. The only way it wouldn't be lovely is if you burnt up all your muscle mass while loosing it (direct result of starvation/fasting).
If you lose weight the "slower", natural way you would be beautiful even if you were 140 because your body would still maintain enough muscle mass to keep that body perky.

Never starve to lose. smiley

Thanks but im not necessarily gona starve. I mean I take my vitamins n ill do 1hr of exercise 2 stay toned. N if I rlly feel light weight then ill drink juice or milk. Im just tryna get that thin body in time 4 dance auditions in january, u kno dancers r mostly thin n not average. Once I reach 98 ill stop, anything lower than that makes me look sickly
Re: What Has Been Your Unique Experience With Long Fasting? by crackhouse(m): 4:57am On Nov 14, 2012
watabambam: Once did 6-6 fasting for 1 week. Wow, never again. I'm not one to eat much but during the fast, the hunger was so much I was so tempted to break the fast. My fasts now are usually from 6-12.
instead of 6-12, u better do 6-1pm, that's the normal one. 6-12 is for the amateur. Unless u are not serious about what u are praying for.
Re: What Has Been Your Unique Experience With Long Fasting? by God2man(m): 5:36am On Nov 14, 2012
Another thread on fasting, it may help www.nairaland.com/1074684/school-fasting-part-1

God bless you.
God2man.
Re: What Has Been Your Unique Experience With Long Fasting? by cleric(m): 5:42am On Nov 14, 2012
The dry fast (without water and food) reminds me to be holy cos hell fire will be worse. Just finished a 7 days dry but my brethren, it ain't funny. God manifested HIS power sha (which is the crux of the whole exercise).
I wonder how people like pastor Adeboye go without food and water for 40 days every year.
I must get to that level. angry.
I must have a private jet too. grin I believe that is enough motivation. grin

Now jokes aside, fasting is a very good spiritual exercise but it is advisable you do it under guidance. It also helps in body system purification. S medically and spiritually, it is very good.
Re: What Has Been Your Unique Experience With Long Fasting? by promkingzz(m): 5:53am On Nov 14, 2012
abiL:

No weed cool
lol u like weed die! Bn seeing ur posts. Well isn't just on weekends u say? Its okay if u ask me
Re: What Has Been Your Unique Experience With Long Fasting? by Nobody: 5:54am On Nov 14, 2012
crackhouse: instead of 6-12, u better do 6-1pm, that's the normal one. 6-12 is for the amateur. Unless u are not serious about what u are praying for.
I don't know where it is stated that 6-12 is amateur and means one is not serious about his prayer...y'all should stop cooking up sh-it.

1 Like

Re: What Has Been Your Unique Experience With Long Fasting? by nikkyshyne(f): 6:22am On Nov 14, 2012
watabambam:
I don't know where it is stated that 6-12 is amateur and means one is not serious about his prayer...y'all should stop cooking up sh-it.
If you ask me, 6am - 3pm is fair. Anyone can do 6am - 12pm(mostly for kids or people suffering from disorders). Or better yet, skip breakfast and have lunch by 12pm.

Anywayz, what matters is keeping your heart holy during the period. 6am - 12pm or not.
Re: What Has Been Your Unique Experience With Long Fasting? by omiobo: 6:26am On Nov 14, 2012
I used fast every monday in every week. It's lovely. Now i want to know if i can take water or fruits when on 3 days dry fasting.
Re: What Has Been Your Unique Experience With Long Fasting? by Patsey: 6:32am On Nov 14, 2012
[size=14pt]YOU ARE ALL PUNISHING YOURSELVES WITH STARVATION. THE OTHER DAY, THE GUY WHO COULDN'T CONTROL HIS TONGUE SPOKE ILL OF SOMEONE WHO WOULD NOT FORGIVE HIM. THE LATTER CHOPPED IN THE FORMER AND IN SPITE OF ALL PRAYERS AND FASTING IN HIS CHURCH HE WAS SENT TO JAIL AND CURRENTLY AWAITING DEPORTATION. AND, BY THE WAY, ALL THESE BIBLE CARRYING BRUVS AND SISTERS IN R**G, ET AL, ARE INTO SHADY DEALS WHICH, IF BLOWN OPEN, WOULD LAND THEM JAIL TERMS. SHAME.[/size]
Re: What Has Been Your Unique Experience With Long Fasting? by nikkyshyne(f): 6:34am On Nov 14, 2012
I tried fasting for 24hours but feeding on fruit juices 12pm and 6pm. So unfortunate, I couldn't make it. Gave up some few minutes pass 11pm cox it looked like I got stroke. My body was numb on the left.

Thank God for food oo.
Re: What Has Been Your Unique Experience With Long Fasting? by Patsey: 6:36am On Nov 14, 2012
nikkyshyne: I tried fasting for 24hours but feeding on fruit juices 12pm and 6pm. So unfortunate, I couldn't make it. Gave up some few minutes pass 11pm cox it looked like I got stroke. My body was numb on the left.

Thank God for food oo.

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: What Has Been Your Unique Experience With Long Fasting? by Thok(m): 6:58am On Nov 14, 2012
Fasting is a highly beneficial spiritual excercise. If long fasting is to be made, isolation from your environ's is the best,inorder to avoid unwanted distractions. BTW, on the 1st day of my 3-days fast,the food cooked on that day was appetizing and well garnished with chicken. Trust me, i had to do what i had to do.
Re: What Has Been Your Unique Experience With Long Fasting? by ATMC(f): 7:01am On Nov 14, 2012
On first of november a fast was declared in my house by me...i encouraged everybody on d last day of oct to fast d next day being d first day of nov which was d penultimate month of d year so they all agreed. At about 5am d said day, i woke up and started taking tea, and my sis who was with me in d room, called my name and said what are you doing, i told her dt i's eating, she said are we not fasting again, i said i am but i got to eat cos i didn't eat on dt 31st of oct, she got up and joined me...we ate. And dt carried me through till 3pm. I THINK IT'S OK TO EAT BEFORE 6AM, IF U ARE FASTING 6 TO 6. henceforth dt's my way
Re: What Has Been Your Unique Experience With Long Fasting? by feminineA: 7:01am On Nov 14, 2012
Fasting makes one lighter thereby been very sensitive to the holy spirit. Because my body isn't weighed down by food I can easily hear instructions and word from the holy spirit. On the other side because of lack of food one becomes weak at times too weak to pray which is crucial in fasting. So one has to strike a balance so fasting at the end doesn't turn out to be hunger strike.

3 Likes

Re: What Has Been Your Unique Experience With Long Fasting? by dannywest: 7:17am On Nov 14, 2012
Fasting without prayer is starvation if its for spiritual purposes. Midnight to mid-day is fair enough though
Re: What Has Been Your Unique Experience With Long Fasting? by chucky234(m): 7:22am On Nov 14, 2012
I once did 7 days 6am - 6pm,my eye balls were rolling and blinking in their sockets before the 7th day,my rib bones were begging for flesh to cover them.
These days I only do 6am to 12pm or 6am to 3pm
Re: What Has Been Your Unique Experience With Long Fasting? by chucky234(m): 7:26am On Nov 14, 2012
ATMC: On first of november a fast was declared in my house by me...i encouraged everybody on d last day of oct to fast d next day being d first day of nov which was d penultimate month of d year so they all agreed. At about 5am d said day, i woke up and started taking tea, and my sis who was with me in d room, called my name and said what are you doing, i told her dt i's eating, she said are we not fasting again, i said i am but i got to eat cos i didn't eat on dt 31st of oct, she got up and joined me...we ate. And dt carried me through till 3pm. I THINK IT'S OK TO EAT BEFORE 6AM, IF U ARE FASTING 6 TO 6. henceforth dt's my way
That one na fasting malpractice you dey do na,haba why you dey do food expo for fasting na.
Re: What Has Been Your Unique Experience With Long Fasting? by chucky234(m): 7:30am On Nov 14, 2012
omiobo: I used fast every monday in every week. It's lovely. Now i want to know if i can take water or fruits when on 3 days dry fasting.
why take H2O and fruits when you say dry fasting,that's wet fasting jare,wait is there anything like wet fasting.
All na fasting joor
Re: What Has Been Your Unique Experience With Long Fasting? by chucky234(m): 7:33am On Nov 14, 2012
femdanowo: hey peeps..property for sale..two plots of land with an almost complete duplex,three bedrooms,three baths..60 by 240 (spacious)....at iju area of ogun state..contact me if interested..idongstephen@yahoo.com
Na land you dey use do your own fasting,abeg park your land for one side jare.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Jehovahs Witnesses Suicide Rate 5 To 10 Times Above Average / Would You Prefer A World Where Religion Don't Exist At All? / Why Do Pastors In Nigeria Pretend To Be Christians But Are Actually Freemasons??

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.