Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,506 members, 7,819,834 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 02:03 AM

What Has Been Your Unique Experience With Long Fasting? - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / What Has Been Your Unique Experience With Long Fasting? (10770 Views)

My Experience With Fake Bishop Oyedepo On Facebook(snapshots) / My Experience With The Super Natural / A Nairalander's Life Experience With Mermaids! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Has Been Your Unique Experience With Long Fasting? by Nobody: 7:35am On Nov 14, 2012
I attend MFM and we do 70 days fasting every year. We break by five every day of the 70 days, expect fridays and sundays we break by 2 pm. Fasting is also a gud spiritual exercise.
Re: What Has Been Your Unique Experience With Long Fasting? by ATMC(f): 7:37am On Nov 14, 2012
chucky234: That one na fasting malpractice you dey do na,haba why you dey do food expo for fasting na.
nooo, afterall its 6am to 6pm so its not expo anything. I break my night fast and start day's fast. Dt's just d way it is
Re: What Has Been Your Unique Experience With Long Fasting? by Pangea: 7:51am On Nov 14, 2012
I can see many nowadays who don't joke with their tummies! shocked
I've done 3 and 7days drive fast (no food, no water)
The experience cannot be described
After the first 2 days of craving for food, the rest was better as the system got adjusted
But what I hated the most, is the persistent pain in my legs and back as the body devour stored adipose tissue,
As for the spiritual aspect,
The kind of horrible dreams you get the first 2-3 days?
After, you might even get an epiphany wink
Now, I go without food once a week!

1 Like

Re: What Has Been Your Unique Experience With Long Fasting? by coolzeal(m): 8:48am On Nov 14, 2012
I have never fast nor like it, after all the most successful people in this world don't even recognize fasting. There's nothing in fasting except one is being deprive of food.
Re: What Has Been Your Unique Experience With Long Fasting? by yokiti: 9:00am On Nov 14, 2012
Joavid: I attend MFM and we do 70 days fasting every year. We break by five every day of the 70 days, expect fridays and sundays we break by 2 pm. Fasting is also a gud spiritual exercise.

We break by 5pm every MONDAYS' and Fridays' during seventy days. Dont forget the Power Must Change Hand fast every first Friday preceding saturday in a new month! Coupled with the personal deliverance or hour of fire programme Fasting. End of the year (cross over fasting is knocking at our door). I representing MFM and its lovely to be in the fold.

P.S: Fasting is a spiritual exercise that weakens your flesh and lifts up (energise) your spirit man.... With direct prayers and perfect holiness; all your the benefits will not elude you!

4 Likes

Re: What Has Been Your Unique Experience With Long Fasting? by Nobody: 9:10am On Nov 14, 2012
candieangel12: Im currently on day 2 of a 60 day water fast. Its not for religious or spiritual reasons though. Its more for my personal benefit. Wish me luck smiley

If you of all should go on fasting, Ha! make i no talk anything...

Come to think of it... During that fast and you get to come across your ex# 8 (I mean ur beneficial friend)... hmmm... what will happen?
Re: What Has Been Your Unique Experience With Long Fasting? by Nobody: 9:14am On Nov 14, 2012
Well.. I have been into monthly 3-days dry fast no food no water... and I really enjoyed it... No one asked me to do it... I just started it on my own and the very first time I started it was hell..

For my very first day of fasting 24hrs no food and water, I asked my mum to cook my breakfast, lunch and dinner and immediately it was 12 mignight, I pounded on all three grin grin grin grin grin grin and I was so relieved...

After that, when I started the 3 days own... The very first day was hectic.. and the next day, I just found myself in the kitchen... Then I thought to myself, If i can survive to this day, surely I can survive the next... so it goes till the third day and had to drink water on the fourth day and mind u, I go to work on these days... grin

I still intend going on 7 and 12 days dry fast tho... God help me.. ohhh

2 Likes

Re: What Has Been Your Unique Experience With Long Fasting? by candieangel12(f): 9:24am On Nov 14, 2012
ledafaze:

If you of all should go on fasting, Ha! make i no talk anything...

Come to think of it... During that fast and you get to come across your ex# 8 (I mean ur beneficial friend)... hmmm... what will happen?

Lol haha I've thought abt it sha, but Im sure he can understand that I wont be having se.x for 2 months. I mean he is my best friend 1st, being a se.x buddy is 2nd.
Re: What Has Been Your Unique Experience With Long Fasting? by Nobody: 9:36am On Nov 14, 2012
candieangel12:

Lol haha I've thought abt it sha, but Im sure he can understand that I wont be having se.x for 2 months. I mean he is my best friend 1st, being a se.x buddy is 2nd.

Hmm... U can say that again but what I think is happening there is that you guys have projected each other's Anima and Animus (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anima_and_animus) into each other and the best way is for you guys to sit down, understand the concept and come to a mutual agreement after understanding what is involved...

Well... would love to meet you if you are in Lagos tho...

Br

1 Like

Re: What Has Been Your Unique Experience With Long Fasting? by DMainMan: 9:42am On Nov 14, 2012
candieangel12:

Nope my dear, not even thinkin abt husband right now.

u shouldnt even think of husband when i am here. Thank God, there is opportunity for me o. Am so happy. Xpect my PM soonestso we can know each oda beta but dont b overexcited cos i wil start with mere platonic freindship tongue tongue. Den we wil c out it goes smiley.
Re: What Has Been Your Unique Experience With Long Fasting? by DMainMan: 9:48am On Nov 14, 2012
candieangel12:

so u mean u ar not a virgin. eeyah,i dont want sex o. DONT XPECT MY PM AGAIN. U don fu..ck up however i wil pity u wit only platonic freindship.
Re: What Has Been Your Unique Experience With Long Fasting? by candieangel12(f): 9:51am On Nov 14, 2012
ledafaze:

Hmm... U can say that again but what I think is happening there is that you guys have projected each other's Anima and Animus (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anima_and_animus) into each other and the best way is for you guys to sit down, understand the concept and come to a mutual agreement after understanding what is involved...

Well... would love to meet you if you are in Lagos tho...

Br

Uhm thanks for the advice, ill check out ur link later. & nah, I stay in Texas so it'll be hard 4 us 2 meet. Maybe one day when I do come back to Nigeria smiley
Re: What Has Been Your Unique Experience With Long Fasting? by candieangel12(f): 9:54am On Nov 14, 2012
DMainMan:

so u mean u ar not a virgin. eeyah,i dont want sex o. DONT XPECT MY PM AGAIN. U don fu..ck up however i wil pity u wit only platonic freindship.

Lol no I be virgin. I have been waiting 4 you all my life to come and pop my cherry. tongue

1 Like

Re: What Has Been Your Unique Experience With Long Fasting? by DMainMan: 10:17am On Nov 14, 2012
candieangel12:

Lol no I be virgin. I have been waiting 4 you all my life to come and pop my cherry. tongue

i heard u are in TEXAS. dere u can do operation to become an artificial virgin.grin. But seriously aw is life generally. take gud care of urself o. i sense u are missing Nigeria. hope u still de soak garri with "kuli kuli" . de call it kk durin my undergraduate days. Cheers
Re: What Has Been Your Unique Experience With Long Fasting? by bafy(f): 10:42am On Nov 14, 2012
ATMC: There was a time i's involved in a 3-day dry fast...d first day came and passed, on d night of d second day, around past midnight, i started calling my sister who was by me, with a faint voice, fortunately, she woke unlike her...i told her to get me food, she adviced dt i take orange, which i did, she then went on to warm d food but i stopped her so she brought d food as it is, thawed from d freezer...i ate voraciously...and few seconds afterwards i threw up everything...i had no physical strength, i had to draw strength from within me...it was an experience dt i wouldn't want to relive...since that experience my fast has never exceeded 3pm
U have kiilll me with laff dis morning o. grin. Fasting gone wrong....
Re: What Has Been Your Unique Experience With Long Fasting? by Sike(m): 11:05am On Nov 14, 2012
Fasting is not my hubby. I only try to make an exeption during Ramadan.
Re: What Has Been Your Unique Experience With Long Fasting? by abiL(f): 12:08pm On Nov 14, 2012
promkingzz:
lol u like weed die! Bn seeing ur posts. Well isn't just on weekends u say? Its okay if u ask me

When did I tell you that I smoke weed on weekends?
Re: What Has Been Your Unique Experience With Long Fasting? by obowunmi(m): 1:08pm On Nov 14, 2012
Fasting helps you push your mind and body to places you've never imagined. Stretching your mind beyond its limitations has nothing to do with wealth or who is rich or poor.

1 Like

Re: What Has Been Your Unique Experience With Long Fasting? by candieangel12(f): 1:26pm On Nov 14, 2012
DMainMan:

i heard u are in TEXAS. dere u can do operation to become an artificial virgin.grin. But seriously aw is life generally. take gud care of urself o. i sense u are missing Nigeria. hope u still de soak garri with "kuli kuli" . de call it kk durin my undergraduate days. Cheers

Hmm, I've heard about this "virginity reconstruction surgery" but I haven't met anyone that has undergone it. Life is great, thanks for asking. I'm just living life one day at a time wink. How is life goin 4 ya? &&whats kuli kuli?
Re: What Has Been Your Unique Experience With Long Fasting? by Alaanyihaji(m): 1:33pm On Nov 14, 2012
ATMC: There was a time i's involved in a 3-day dry fast...d first day came and passed, on d night of d second day, around past midnight, i started calling my sister who was by me, with a faint voice, fortunately, she woke unlike her...i told her to get me food, she adviced dt i take orange, which i did, she then went on to warm d food but i stopped her so she brought d food as it is, thawed from d freezer...i ate voraciously...and few seconds afterwards i threw up everything...i had no physical strength, i had to draw strength from within me...it was an experience dt i wouldn't want to relive...since that experience my fast has never exceeded 3pm
EEEyaa. Dust up and pick up again. But do it with wisdom and more knowledge. In Ecclesiastes 10:17 'Blessed are you o land, when your king is son of noble, and your sons eat at the proper time for strength and not for drunkeness'. SO in long fast, the proper time is when your physical strength has started failing you. It will be of no use fasting without even enough strength to pray. That's one. Then two, and more importantly,VORACIOUS eating, as u put it, immediately after a long fast is very unhealthy. Medical experts will explain better, but I do know that the bowels respond better when u break gradually: water, then fruits and fluid meal like pap or custard before real solid.
Re: What Has Been Your Unique Experience With Long Fasting? by emerald1(f): 1:35pm On Nov 14, 2012
This came at d right time thanks to naira land.
Re: What Has Been Your Unique Experience With Long Fasting? by DaBeaver(m): 1:58pm On Nov 14, 2012
The most challenging fast I've done was about 3years ago. I went on "liquid only" for 8 days. It wasn't easy considering that I was going to work and having to be in church after work to pray for hours. It was a spiritual renewal/rejuvenation time for me, but my body sef heard "whiiiin", cuz by the 7th day my legs were literally shaking at work. Anyway, I'll relive that experience sometime soon.

On a funny note, a friend eagerly kicked off a "liquid only" fast, and after a few days of facing the reality of the exercise, his liquid metamorphosed into semi-liquid as he started taking pap. Lol.

1 Like

Re: What Has Been Your Unique Experience With Long Fasting? by Alaanyihaji(m): 5:41pm On Nov 14, 2012
omiobo: I used fast every monday in every week. It's lovely. Now i want to know if i can take water or fruits when on 3 days dry fasting.
There is no general rule on the issue of fasting. A lot depend on your motive, body and your determination. But the most recommended is fast without water and food for first day and drink only water for strength on subsequent days. With this you can have enough energy to be praying while fasting for the next three days or more.If you take fruits, it becomes dieting and not fasting.

2 Likes

Re: What Has Been Your Unique Experience With Long Fasting? by CHAIRMAN1(m): 9:04pm On Nov 14, 2012
I miraculously got a ptdf scholarship to do my Master's abroad in 2009 towards the end of a 60 day fast, + other breakthroughs.

Glory be to God.

3 Likes

Re: What Has Been Your Unique Experience With Long Fasting? by seyibrown(f): 9:35pm On Nov 14, 2012
crackhouse: instead of 6-12, u better do 6-1pm, that's the normal one. 6-12 is for the amateur. Unless u are not serious about what u are praying for.

Your fasting is between you and God. You go as far as you decide to or as far as you can go. Water fast, food fast, specific food fast, TV fast, s:e_x fast; It's between you and God! Nobody 'outsider' determines the length of your fasting time.

1 Like

Re: What Has Been Your Unique Experience With Long Fasting? by Nobody: 10:15pm On Nov 14, 2012
abiL:

When did I tell you that I smoke weed on weekends?

So it is because of weed smoking that you haven't given me my food since yesterday night abi? angry
Re: What Has Been Your Unique Experience With Long Fasting? by abiL(f): 10:19pm On Nov 14, 2012
2buff:

So it is because of weed smoking that you haven't given me my food since yesterday night abi? angry

Keep asking for food o
Re: What Has Been Your Unique Experience With Long Fasting? by Nobody: 10:26pm On Nov 14, 2012
abiL:

Keep asking for food o

Don't worry. Mama Kudirat's fine daughter brought food for me yesterday.
Something may or may not have happened afterwards. But that's besides the point.

What I need now is for you to give me a hot oil massage. Gat some wicked knots.

I need to be fully sated before commencing fasting tomorrow. [size=4pt](make one yeye person no hide my post) [/size] angry
Re: What Has Been Your Unique Experience With Long Fasting? by Gracious10: 11:32pm On Nov 15, 2012
ATMC: On first of november a fast was declared in my house by me...i encouraged everybody on d last day of oct to fast d next day being d first day of nov which was d penultimate month of d year so they all agreed. At about 5am d said day, i woke up and started taking tea, and my sis who was with me in d room, called my name and said what are you doing, i told her dt i's eating, she said are we not fasting again, i said i am but i got to eat cos i didn't eat on dt 31st of oct, she got up and joined me...we ate. And dt carried me through till 3pm. I THINK IT'S OK TO EAT BEFORE 6AM, IF U ARE FASTING 6 TO 6. henceforth dt's my way

Lmaooooooo! Ur ojoro too much!
Re: What Has Been Your Unique Experience With Long Fasting? by esere826: 6:15pm On Nov 16, 2012
I have never fasted long, and barely fast

When dad and us where much younger, dad always said that Jesus fasted for us, and so we didnt need to fast
My little mind was pleased with dad's rationale and tucked it away in a folder

Now my dad does fast
but its tough for me to shake off my dads lazy wisdom

I always question the rationale for fasting
and many don't seem to hold water

The only one that holds for me now, is that fasting is for discipline sake
Re: What Has Been Your Unique Experience With Long Fasting? by ATMC(f): 9:20pm On Nov 16, 2012
Gracious10:

Lmaooooooo! Ur ojoro too much!
cheesy i aint ojoroing at all, its common sense, u break d all through d night fast when u wake to enable you continue d day's...morning food, isn't it breakfast? U see am
Re: What Has Been Your Unique Experience With Long Fasting? by Tampinu(m): 8:59pm On Jun 29, 2016
esere826:
I have never fasted long, and barely fast

When dad and us where much younger, dad always said that Jesus fasted for us, and so we didnt need to fast
My little mind was pleased with dad's rationale and tucked it away in a folder

Now my dad does fast
but its tough for me to shake off my dads lazy wisdom

I always question the rationale for fasting
and many don't seem to hold water

The only one that holds for me now, is that fasting is for discipline sake

Fasting gives spiritual strenght, it's like telling GOD that you are not sustained by any Earthly food...but by the HOLY SPIRIT....Remember, Man shall not live by bread alone! smiley

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Jehovahs Witnesses Suicide Rate 5 To 10 Times Above Average / Would You Prefer A World Where Religion Don't Exist At All? / Why Do Pastors In Nigeria Pretend To Be Christians But Are Actually Freemasons??

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.